Opiniones de Square for Retail

Sobre Square for Retail

Square for Retail tiene todas las herramientas para vender sin problemas un POS, tienda online, inventario, hardware y pagos diseñados para los comercios minoristas.

Descubre más sobre Square for Retail

They offered the first $1,000 of sales with no fees due to a referral and you can share a code so the referrer and the referral recipient can both get that discount. What a great way to start.

Puntos en contra:

It requires internet connection, so it cannot be used is there is poor or no network/wifi or you cannot hotspot. Fees can sometimes be pricey on the business.

Valoraciones de Square for Retail

Evaluación media

Facilidad de uso
Atención al cliente
Funcionalidades
Relación calidad-precio

Probabilidad de recomendación

Square for Retail tiene una valoración global de 4,7 estrellas sobre 5 según las 450 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Has utilizado Square for Retail?

Filtrar opiniones (450)

Thomas
Thomas
video producer
Producción audiovisual, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Worked great even in a rural area.

5,0 hace 3 meses
Los subtítulos en español están disponibles en el reproductor de vídeo
Chase
Chase
IT Sales en EE. UU.
Servicios para instalaciones, 2-10 empleados

Great for entrepreneurs

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: It is very easy to use and convenient for my customers

The ease of use for this product is amazing. I love how you can make a sale with the virtual terminal by either swiping a card or sending an invoice.

Puntos en contra:

The fees per use can be cumbersome. However all pay portals have some sort of fee to use their product.

Eric
IT Manager en Canadá
Telecomunicaciones, 51-200 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Small little POS at your finger tips

5,0 hace 5 meses

Comentarios: Its what we needed in a pinch to get sales orders working on the field at events. It worked well for conferences and venues.

It was easy to setup and start using when you need it. You connect it to your phone and use it as a normal POS you would in a store

Puntos en contra:

Support isn't always easy to get a hold of and it wouldn't integrate it with our system. This is more for small business use and not for tracking and reporting on analytics.

Lynn
Pastor en EE. UU.
Instituciones religiosas, 2-10 empleados

Great Mobile POS

5,0 hace 3 semanas Nuevo

Cost and set up were both affordable and easy, plus transactions were never an issue on any device or credit card. The processing fees were very reasonable for our use. The reporting features were very straight forward to implement in our CMS tools.

Puntos en contra:

Nothing!!! Could not find an issue if we wanted to, the hardware and software worked flawlessly.

Carrie
NutriStore Supervisor en EE. UU.
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 2-10 empleados

Terrible Customer Service

3,0 hace 2 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: Square has served it's purpose and opened a new way for transaction processing. Luckily there are now many other options.

Simple enough to add products and check out.

Puntos en contra:

After using square POS for a few years, we switched to Shopify bc we also had an online store and needed to consolidate systems. We continued to pay for Square for a year although we were no longer using the system for anything other than to access old orders. When our office manager canceled the paid account, Square no longer allowed us to access the account at all. Our office manager spent several hours and finally got access. We were not informed that all other user accounts would be closed and that the only way to access old records would be through the owner email account. I called square to ask about being locked out of my account and the customer service rep ([SENSITIVE CONTENT]?) was incredibly rude, unhelpful, and sarcastic. I'm happy that we no longer use Square solely based on the customer service. Additionally, the processing fees went up drastically for us when we began offering one CBD product (THC free) out of several hundred products in our store.

Rose
owner en EE. UU.
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Not great inventory management

4,0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: I mostly like the system and the ease of it but if they can't fix my inventory problem I will be forced to switch systems.

It was easy to set up and my account rep was extremely helpful

Puntos en contra:

My inventory numbers are always wrong. I have contacted Square twice so far and I don't know if they can figure out the problem. They never call me back. Items transferred from one store to the other don't always show up in inventory. We constantly count and fix the inventory numbers in the system and within days they're wrong again.

Shanna
CEO en RU
Fuente de la reseña

Easy to Use / Track Sales!

5,0 hace 9 meses

Comentarios: Overall it is easy for all of our team members to use!

We use square daily to keep track of sold items / integrate inventory / keep track of customers purchases.

Puntos en contra:

We do not have any cons that come to mind!

Chad
Chad
Chair Elect en EE. UU.
Entretenimiento, Trabajador autónomo

Alternativas consideradas:

Best POS for a small non-profit or business

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Great fast point of sale software that does what it does very well.

This software provides the best tools for managing sales on a small scale. It is fast, easy to use,and full featured.

Puntos en contra:

Honestly, this is one of the least expensive options out there but it would be nice to not lose the service charges from our income.

Jared
Supervisor en EE. UU.
Construcción, 501-1.000 empleados

Great Product

4,0 hace 3 semanas Nuevo

The user interface of square is very easy to use and can be learned by young employees with little to no difficulty.

Puntos en contra:

The simple user interface can appear unprofessional to some customers.

Tammy
Admission Director en EE. UU.
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 51-200 empleados

Great Product

5,0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Easy to use, very beneficial, great customer service

Puntos en contra:

We like everything so far with this software and have no complaints

Valerie
HR Assistant en Canadá
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 51-200 empleados

Square for Retail

5,0 hace 2 semanas Nuevo

Haven’t used very long but have always heard good feedback from local business owners.

Puntos en contra:

So far I haven’t heard any negative feedback.

Caleb

Alternativas consideradas:

Square Retail works great but the customer service is terrible

4,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Overall it has been a great tool and finding a better solution has been tough. I have checked numerous POS systems and I end up just staying with square. I wish they would update there new register system like the retail app. I also wish they had better customer service. Without fail every time I have contacted square they say they will have to look further into the situation and contact me back but they never do. It has happen every time I have contacted square.

The software is great to do all transactions, returns and exchanges. I like the fact that it prints a barcode at the bottom of the receipt so when a customer comes back for a return we just scan the bottom of the receipt and the transaction pops right up.

Puntos en contra:

I end up getting the new square register in hope that it would act just like the retail app for the Ipad. The fact is that square won't update the new register. It has no exchange option like the Ipad app does and you end up needing to set up both the Ipad and register. Square has known about this issue for years now. You can see the complaints on the square forum page. Square also does not have a spot for barcodes so you end up having to put your barcodes in the sku spots. The loyalty point system also has some problems. When you do a return it doesn't automatically take points back from the customer account.

Editor and Marketer en EE. UU.
Edición, 2-10 empleados

A Useful Solution for your eCommerce Needs

4,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Overall I am pleased with Square because, for my business at least, it covers most of my needs. Set up could not be easier. Simply log-in to the application and begin creating store items. You can even allocate a low inventory alert so that you will always know if your inventory supplies are dwindling. It's very easy to assign a bank account to Square and the approval process, unlike some eCommerce providers, is almost instantaneous. Setting up the seller page is also easy and Square offers a variety of templates to choose from. No programming knowledge is needed and the page is largely WYSIWYG, so there are no surprises. The site displays well across PCs, tables, and phones.

Square for Retail enables you to easily create an online eCommerce store, list your products, and sell them. It's quite simple to use, and this is perhaps what is the best reason to use Square. It is particularly useful for small businesses trying to build sales via social media and other online avenues. At the same time, it is useful for brick-and-mortar stores as well. While I use it for online sales, several of my colleagues use Square in their stores.

Puntos en contra:

A big drawback is that Square (as of the writing of this review) is unable to process payments from outside the United States. Thus, if you anticipate worldwide sales, Square may not be the best solution for your business. A second drawback is that it can be difficult to reach a live customer service representative. Unlike most companies, in which one simply phones in for service, Square requires that you first create a trouble ticket (at which point you will be assigned a case number). You then use the case number when phoning customer service. It's not horrible but in today's business world it's kind of annoying and time consuming. Square also lacks live online help, which is another downside.

Janet

Great Point of sale system

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Awesome and after using two other point of sale systems we have had no issues with the system going down. Very reliable.

Easy to use! Download the App and get setup. I just recently bought their Square Register and it is awesome. Customer service will help you get the right APP for your business.

Puntos en contra:

Been using their credit card device for well over a year and have never had any issues. There isn’t one thing i don’t like.

Coree
Fashion Retailer en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Perfect On-the-Go Payment Solution!

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: When I first began using Square, it was simply for fundraisers. My husband and I would participate in events, and we would allow patrons to make donations to the charity we were fundraising for. Now, as I begin designing my online store for home decor and crafts that I sell, there was no guessing on where I would have my store set up. Square has truly made it that easy to work with, that I suggest using them to everyone I know!

I absolutely LOVE the ease of use of Square! The app allows you to literally set up your shop in mere minutes, and then allows you to input your products with prices for an easy tap to add it to your customer's cart. I especially love the Square business card that holds all my funds, which makes keeping business money separate from family funds so much easier!

Puntos en contra:

I honestly cannot think of anything that I do not love about this software. It is designed in a way that allows even the least techy person to set up their store and products, and go through a checkout seamlessly.

Craig
Biz Dev en EE. UU.
Ropa y moda, 2-10 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Square is a great payment platform for retail stores.

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: This system works great for pop-ups and retail stores. You can also track what you sell and square sends you emails when you are low on products. We will continue to use Square

How simple it is to set up. You know exactly how much you are being charged. There is no hidden extra add ons. Square updated the os, so now if your customer wants to return 1 item and they purchased two, you just pull up the item and hit return.

Puntos en contra:

Just make sure you do all the updates for square and os system for any pad you are using. We use an Ipad and it works great! Not much to not like.

Daniel
Senior Pastor en EE. UU.
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 2-10 empleados

Excellent Software with Hardware Shortcomings

4,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Overall, Square for Retail is a powerful software that allows you to take sales portably with a very small footprint. However, the hardware has catching up to do.

Square easily handles transactions for our church book stall. It provides up-to-date inventory and online reporting for tax purposes. You can easily add sales, promotions, and other tailor-made functions.

Puntos en contra:

What I like least about this software is the hardware. We utilize the Square Terminal, which was attractive as a portable register in that it takes credit cards via swipe and chip, but also prints receipts. The optional scanner is even nicer to use. However, for the scanner to work, the terminal must be plugged into an outlet, which robs it of its portable nature. Additionally, adding inventory via the Terminal is cumbersome and slow. Imagine typing in inventory titles using a small smart phone that is slower than a smart phone.

Mayela
Owner en Canadá
Salud, bienestar y deporte, Trabajador autónomo

Alternativas consideradas:

The simplest payment processing system

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I have a small a small business and the square software works well for my needs

The software is very easy to install. The pairing of the software with either the magstripe or the contactless reader is quite fast. Processing payments is a breeze and both readers can be used on the go or a set location.

Puntos en contra:

I don’t have any problems with the software itself. It would be nice to have a better rate for card processing.

Marc
Business Owner en EE. UU.

Daily User

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Totally love it. i'm happy with the features, and I'm sure that by being well funded I will continue to see new features come up, unlike software I previously used that wasn't as well funded.

I enjoy easily keeping track of my customer's info, including the ability to create my own custom fields and also group customers. These features make it easy for me to note a history with a customer, aside from just their purchases. Grouping customers allows me to enter a location, find the group of customers there, and know everyones name as a result of this reference

Puntos en contra:

I wish it were easier to transfer my client lest from other software, but thats the nature of software I guess.

Kathryn

Awesome Product

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Overall, I am very satisfied it seems they have thought of everything when it comes to this app. They also have fantastic customer service if you need to call them with questions. I started my business last year and square has been fantastic to use for pop up's. Processing payments is a breeze and I have had very small issues that were resolved quickly and with ease.

I love the app that goes with this product. I hold many pop up events for my shop and the square is fantastic for this. Adding inventory and processing payments is fantastic. I set up the app in very little time and thought it would take so much longer. I really like being able to use it with my phone and ipad and it has made payments so much easier. I will only use this software for my pop up shops.

Puntos en contra:

Sometimes I have wifi issues, but they have a great feature that will still accept payments offline. So even though its a pain, I still receive payment later.

Nate
Música, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

I have mixed feelings. I like the look/feel of the old app better. It seemed more user friendly.

4,0 hace 5 años

I like the ability to transfer inventory from one store to another. I like the ability to have employees clock-in/clock-out to keep track of pay and what items a specific employee sells. I like the ability to adjust quantities from the app instead of just the dashboard.

Puntos en contra:

I don't like that I can't view another store's inventory from the app. Very often, I find myself saying, "We don't have that in-stock here, but I know it's in-stock at our other location." It'd be very helpful to be able to type in an item and view quantity in-stock for all locations. I also HATE that there are not "tickets" available anymore. I own a music store that offers instrument repairs and we also have special orders. For instrument repairs - the amount is variable depending on what needs done and I also notate the transaction with the instrument type, brand, serial number - what parts were used, and what was done under the "Quantity and Notes" section. I don't want to have to look up that information and type into a transaction with the customer standing at the register. In the other app, I could do all of that when no one was in the store and save it as a ticket. Then when they come into the store, all I had to do was pull up the ticket and they were good to go. Same with special orders. I don't want to add inventory into Square, assign it a price, add the SKU, put it into a category, set the quantity, etc., if I'm not going to STOCK the item. So for special orders, I like to just type in the information under "Custom Amount," but I do like to notate the transaction under "Quantity and Notes" with the title and SKU so I can look back and see what it was. I don't want to do that typing when a customer arrives, so I prefer to save it as a ticket. Now I can't do that.

Janna
owner en EE. UU.
Arte y artesanía, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Square is super easy and I love it.

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Overall, it's awesome, super easy to use and I love it.

I love how easy it was to start taking credit cards and to use Square as my POS. It syncs to my accounting software automatically and keeps track of all my products, invoices and charges.

Puntos en contra:

There isn't an automatic section for shipping and I have to add it manually as its own category. Not sure why they haven't built this into their invoicing platform yet even though so many people have asked about this.

Itzak
Deportes, Trabajador autónomo
Fuente de la reseña

Perfect POS for small business owners

5,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: Incredibly user friendly, nicely designed interface and overall no issues.

Square pretty much takes all the leg work out of setting up a POS system for any business, but I'll speak specifically as a small business owner. -If you're a first time small business owner, save yourself the headache and just go with Square; you might be able to get a lower merchant fees rate with another service, but then you have to deal with the hassle of setting up a separate POS register, possibly a separate app you'd have to setup on an iPad if that's what you plan to use, setting up the merchant account, etc. With Square, it's all wrapped into one easy setup. -Easy to setup on an iPad, create a catalog of items to sell and process payments -The item catalog screen is very user friendly and customizable -Doing refunds is easy -Reports are incredibly easy to run -Square integrates with QuickBooks online, so it's been seamless to link all my Square sales to my accounting books and makes my tax filings much more accurate -Creating invoices is also easy and gives a professional look to my invoice emails -Ability to create forms that require signature, so no need for another digital signature service (unless you need more details, see Cons below)

Puntos en contra:

-I wish you could have the same virtual terminal on the iPad on desktop as well. There have been times when my iPad crapped out and had to use my laptop, and it's not the same experience. -If you're using the signature service for forms that you need to send out, it only records the signature itself and nothing else. Either it's a user error on my part, or they need to update it, but it needs more customization.

Nicola
Executive Director en EE. UU.
Entretenimiento, 2-10 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Easy solution for taking payment

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Square has made it so easy to run the retail side of my business along with saving me a ton of money on fees my old bank charged for credit card processing.

In the past I've used traditional forms of credit card accepting machines and software provided by my bank. Very expensive and cumbersome. Square has made accepting credit cards cost effective and very easy. The retail setup has made keeping inventory easy along with sorting out sales taxes. The advantage of using AP on phone when not in store is extremely helpful and again very easy to use.

Puntos en contra:

No real cons, If I were to get picky I'd say initial set up takes a bit of time but nothing really worth complaining about.

Alex
Cook en EE. UU.
Alimentación y bebidas, 2-10 empleados

The Only Way To Accept Payments For Small Business

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I recommend using Square for small business purposes only. That being said, they have a wonderful option for POS.

The Square plugin was super easy to use and fit most devices. The application is simple and adjustments were easy to make changes to. Paperless receipts are the best way to go about transactions.

Puntos en contra:

The price was a little high for the software. Using the plugin had its disadvantages if you use a phone and that phone has a protective case. The application sometimes froze.

Shawn
Shawn
Small Business Owner en EE. UU.

Fantastic!

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I have been using this register for sometime now. I use it for all my transactions and even take it with me for fairs and markets. I do all my inventory with it and the barcode scanner it’s simple. I have low inventory alerts set up to remind me to reorder products. You can create a personalized customer file for each customer and track their sales. I have square loyalty which lets you set up a customer loyalty program to reward regular customers.

I love how it’s so easy to use and very user friendly. I have the Square Register which has a large screen for me and a small screen in the front for the customers transaction. It is easy to add inventory by name and barcode with the barcode scanner. You can set up alerts, and I can still use it for cash transactions. I have the cash drawer accessory so it opens as soon as soon as you complete cash sale. It is basically a very advanced and convenient cash register that isn’t large and bulky.

Puntos en contra:

The price is a little steep for small businesses. You can get the system that requires an iPad but I didn’t see the point. If you don’t have an iPad you have to purchase that in addition. I settled for the standalone register.