Opiniones de Hootsuite

Valoraciones medias

• General
  • Atención al cliente

Sobre Hootsuite

Hootsuite es la plataforma utilizada más ampliamente para gestionar redes sociales, en la que confían más de 800 empresas de Fortune 1000.

Descubre más sobre Hootsuite

Mostrando 2508 opiniones

Gerente de Marketing Digital
Aprendizaje en línea, 10.000+ empleados
  • Publicado el 27/7/2020

"HOOTSUITE ES LA MEJOR PLATAFORMA PARA GESTIONAR REDES SOCIALES (WEB / APLICACIÓN)"

Comentarios: Como usamos HootSuite, podemos decir que es la mejor plataforma en las versiones web y móvil para administrar redes sociales como Facebook e Instagram. Brindamos consultoría y capacitación a personas y empresas en el uso de Hootsuite y también utilizamos Hootsuite en la gestión de nuestras propias redes sociales internamente.

Puntos a favor: Ayuda a las empresas a gestionar todas sus redes sociales desde una única plataforma.

Contras: Hay actualizaciones que esperamos, como Google my business e historias de Instagram

• Publicado el 27/7/2020
Charity R.
Book Reviewer
Entretenimiento, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 12/12/2019

"Impressive free plan"

Comentarios: Overall, I'm satisfied with Hootsuite and will continue to use this platform to manage my social media accounts. With the ability to schedule up to 30 posts on the free plan, including scheduling Instagram posts, and viewing different social media accounts all on one dashboard, it beats other social media management platforms that require plan upgrades to access similar features.

Puntos a favor: As someone who uses Hootsuite's "Free" plan, I'm incredibly impressed by what Hootsuite offers in the plan. My favorite tool on Hootsuite is the "Streams." I can sort scheduled posts, past posts, mentions, and followers' posts by social media platform using "Streams" on my dashboard. This allows me to see responses or comments on my posts and engage with followers, without having to visit several social media sites. With the free version, I can also schedule more posts on social media than other social media management programs, and the free plan allows me to schedule posts on my business Instagram account.

Contras: "Free plan" users who are needing advanced features beyond basic analytics will need to upgrade and if they shorten links using TinyUrl or Bitly, there isn't a meaningful way to track engagement in the program. Also, users need to be aware that the connections between Hootsuite and social media networks frequently drop, and that the program's connection with Instagram is frequently buggy.

• Publicado el 12/12/2019
Thomas C.
Social Media & Content Specialist
Marketing y publicidad, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 16/3/2020

"A Good Option for Social Publishing and Monitoring"

Comentarios: At my previous job I was using Hootsuite to start my day. I would sign on and schedule and publish posts for the duration of the day, or over the weekend or what have you. More recently, I've been using Hootsuite's free version to manage my personal online presence, scheduling posts related to my podcast or video channels. I find that more recently, the native Twitter app has been better for just scrolling through Twitter, but as far as posting goes, I prefer to use Hootsuite.

Puntos a favor: One of my favorite things about Hootsuite is the ability to 'autoschedule' posts based on the time that you're likely to receive the most engagement. This takes a lot of the guesswork out of the job of a social media manager, as you can tend to labor over the details like whether or not something is emergent enough to post right now or whether you should wait to schedule it in the future. I find Hootsuite's customizable streams can be helpful in mitigating a lot of the noise that comes along with social media, but constant algoritm and UI updates to platforms like Twitter can make streams obsolete quickly. The platform is super simple to get set up and running with, and the free version (which I'm currently using for my personal accounts/projects) is perfectly serviceable for teams with 3 social accounts or fewer. I've never had to reach out to support, but Hootsuite's online presence is great and they're constantly providing materials that are helpful to social media managers.

Contras: I find their integration with Instagram somewhat lacking. During my time with Hootsuite, I have scheduled countless Instagram posts, but the way the marriage between Instagram and Hootsuite Works means that you can schedule the post, but you need to open the app on your phone and hit send when the time comes to actually publish your post. I have missed so many Instagram posts because of this, and the fact that I only appear to get a notification when It's time to post on Instagram about half the time. I realize that this isn't necessarily all Hootsuite's fault, but this is a real downer, and leaves me wishing that the integration was better

• Publicado el 16/3/2020
Anabelle L.
Marketing
Construcción, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 26/7/2020

"Great for Keeping up Across Social Platforms"

Comentarios: Overall, it was very easy to use & navigate. It is laid out well and allows me to do everything straight on there without having to log in on each different tab to check notifications on IG/FB/LinkedIn. Gets the job done if you have multiple accounts to keep track with or want to schedule out posts.

Puntos a favor: I like the ease of use the most. In your dashboard, everything is laid out in a way where you can easily view each feed to see comments/shares/messages per platform. You can reply directly from this main dashboard so you don't have to click around a lot.

Contras: The thing I like least is that it does not have the ability to post/schedule multiple Instagram photos per post. So if I want to do a 'carousel' type post, I would have to manually do it from my phone and not through this software. Seems like that would now be a standard feature, but maybe I have to upgrade my plan to get that feature?

• Publicado el 26/7/2020
Brie S.
Entretenimiento, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 19/3/2019

"Mediocre at best"

Comentarios: Where is the competition in the social media management software space? There has to be a better option than this?

Puntos a favor: I run a modeling and acting agency and I was posting between SC, IG, FB, Twitter and YT on a daily basis. Making it very hard to be away from my phone and risk missing prime posting opportunities and viral trends. I was looking for something that would schedule pre-selected posts, videos, pictures and adds. The best option online seemed to be Hootsuite. It was well marketed and seemed very user-friendly... at first.
It does indeed schedule your posts to various social media platforms, and it also allows for multiple streams of social media (i.e other business or personal accounts). That's a very handy feature!

Contras: The user interface is weak, it's not user-friendly nor is it practical or modern looking. It has a tendency to leg, it also isn't mobile friendly, they do have an app, but again it's not easy to navigate. Which is an absolute must when working on social media on the fly. When I created beautiful well-round posts and saved them to a posting schedule. I would check the posts after they had been released, via the online social media site, the posts would always turn out unformatted, with broken links and fuzzy low res images. I was overall very disappointed with this product. especially because it was so highly rated and not free. I felt like I kept putting in a lot of effort just to re-do all my work all the time.

• Publicado el 19/3/2019
Kelsey C.
Marketing Specialist
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 9/6/2020

"Hootsuite"

Comentarios: Overall, I love Hootsuite. It's easy to use, easy to integrate, and really solves a lot of problems that social media managers face every day.

Puntos a favor: Hootsuite is the must-have tool for social media managers that want to utilize their time more efficiently, gain analytics on your messages and audience, and interact with the public more frequently to grow your audience. Hootsuite is a great tool and I would recommend it for anyone who uses social media on a professional level. It allows you to track hashtags, schedule messages, gain insights into which messages are more popular, and learn about your audience.

Contras: I would say the thing that I like least about Hootsuite is the limitation on streams that you can have. They also have different levels of payments which allow for more possibilities, but they can get a little complicated to decipher which is right for you. My organization went back and forth between the paid and free trials a couple of times in a year because we couldn't exactly decide which would be the best for us so I recommend doing some research into all the capabilities that come with the different levels before committing.

• Publicado el 9/6/2020
Shanna T.
Social Media Specialist
Marketing y publicidad, 501-1000 empleados
  • Publicado el 13/1/2020

"Hootsuite: Best Social Scheduling Tool for Monitoring Comments"

Comentarios: Overall, I love Hootsuite for it's social monitoring capabilities and reporting capabilities, but better yet, my clients really responded to the updated reporting from our previous vendors. The real meat of the reports are at the beginning, which holds my clients attention spans better and gets them the information they actual want quickly and in an easy-to-digest manner.

Puntos a favor: My department is currently in the process of shopping social scheduling/monitoring/reporting tools (i.e. Buffer, Sprout, Hubspot, etc.), and Hootsuite is one that I was assigned to test. The feature I enjoyed best was definitely the feeds setup. Unlike other providers I've used, Hootsuite allows you to set up different feeds (i.e. mentions, hashtags, etc.). This allows me to monitor all platforms and mentions, and even keep tabs on things like certain keywords I can respond quickly. For instance, I manage the social presence for a popular sporting goods company, and I can search for FAQs on Twitter and quickly provide an answer and a link, all while responding to different DMs across our other social platforms. On Sprout Social, everything was aggregated into one feed. I prefer to have it parsed out so I can know how to modify my answers quickly depending on the platform. I also really liked the reporting options - the reporting templates are set up so the bulk of the numbers are at the beginning, rather than below the fold, which has been great for clients with short attention spans.

Contras: The UI seems a bit dated. The features themselves are great, so it truly doesn't matter, but it's just not as modern and beautiful as other platforms. I don't think it's changed much, looks-wise, since when I last used it in a previous role 5+ years ago. It has no effect on actual usability, but an update would make it feel less clunky and more intuitive.

• Publicado el 13/1/2020
Internet, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 4/12/2019

"Excellent dashboard for managing social media profiles"

Comentarios: Hootsuite has saved me a lot of time and frustration and allowed me to get better results with the Twitter profiles for my blogs.

Puntos a favor: I like the fact that I can easily manage and monitor multiple Twitter profiles from one dashboard without the need to constantly log in and out of each profile. I am on the free plan and I manage the Twitter profiles of 3 different blogs through Hootsuite.

Contras: I wish the free plan had higher limits, but they obviously have to make money somehow. The free plan is still very useful but could be better with higher limits in terms of the number of profiles that you can manage.

• Publicado el 4/12/2019
Jason C.
Director of Web Communications
Educación superior, 501-1000 empleados
  • Publicado el 13/11/2019

"Hootsuite helps us manage our social media strategy"

Comentarios: We've appreciated how the tools have changed and innovated over the years. We've used it not only to manage channels that we operate, but also the manage other brand channels within our organization so we have some administrative control.

Puntos a favor: Hootsuite offers the best in class experience for managing multiple brand social media accounts on multiple social media platforms. We love how the tools can grow with our needs.

Contras: It's a busy service. There are a lot of features and functionality and to the person who uses it everyday, it all makes sense - but teaching new or infrequent users can feel a little overwhelming. Also, we're bummed they are discontinuing the social gallery features.

• Publicado el 13/11/2019
Yaroslav K.
Information Technology Major
Educación superior, 1001-5000 empleados
  • Publicado el 8/2/2020

"One of the many with the great focus on integrations"

Comentarios: I have used HS for about two months as part of my work at the company and I was rather happy with it. However, for my personal projects, I have stopped using it after finding about the alternatives.

Puntos a favor: I have used Hootsuite briefly for some of my clients and I was rather satisfied with the performance and the results. Hootsuite has a pretty easy to use and comfortable to perform the posting tasks.

Contras: Hootsuite has one of the best feature-wise build and ready app to use, however, it is also one of the old ones and due to that it is somewhat old looking and needs and rebranding. It does have a lot of cool features but there are numerous tools like this - MailChimp, buffer, etc. that can do pretty much the same or even more. Due to this, when picking software for the team, we would look for something that would be nicelooking and easy to use. And HS has troubles there.

• Publicado el 8/2/2020
Jennifer A.
Salud, bienestar y deporte, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 5/2/2020

"Automation Made Easier - If You Have the Time to Set It Up"

Comentarios: It works the way it is meant to work. If you need automated posting then this is definitely the product for you.

Puntos a favor: Hootsuite made it easy for me to schedule posts on social media. Once I had everything set up the automation handled everything else. It did take quite a bit of time to get everything the way I wanted it and, as a novice, I needed to learn quite a bit.

Contras: People knew that I was automating my posts and began mentioning it. Also, the time it took to set up the posts became more than simply posting daily.

• Publicado el 5/2/2020
Randi Z.
Marketing Director
Internet, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 24/8/2019

"One of the Original Content Schedulers and Management Systems!!!"

Comentarios: Hootsuite is a great tool. I find it useful in scheduling large batches of content. For example, for a few clients I can plan out and schedule my entire 3 months worth of content. It's a great tool for an agency who may focus on one type of client, be able to "recycle" and reword similar posts and upload the content across multiple clients simultaneously through an excel upload! I personally like to use Hootsuite as my blueprint. I know I will get my content posts uploaded and out there. I still like to log onto individual social networks and post on there in real time . I like Hootsuite for managing and responding to comments and DMs as I prefer using a computer and typing and checking spelling. Don't use Hootsuite as your only tool. You really need to go into networks and manually update them as well. Hootsuite hasn't cracked down on LIVE yet either and live video is a great tool!

Puntos a favor: I was one of the early adapters using Hootsuite. Originally all the options blew me away! Awesome to have on one dashboard all my social networks with multiple tabs in front of me. I also love that I could schedule the same posts and click off on multiple social networks. It's really good for marketers who can re-use content across multiple clients accounts, for example if I run a social media marketing agency and can use similar food content across all the food social media accounts that I follow. I also had liked I could build the posts in an excel and import it. I like your "university" and offering classes!!! I like your reports.

Contras: Overtime as social media space evolved there were functions I wished you had sooner. Instagram posting and scheduling was very clunky when it first came out that it had to notify my clients to push through the Instagram post that I had done. It took you a while to integrate Pinterest. I'm not sure if you're able to let me schedule on someone's personal Facebook account (I know this was on Facebook but I wish this was easier to do!) . Hootsuite mobile-I personally don't use your mobile. I only use Hootsuite on desktop because of the breadth of multiple social networks and tabs.

• Publicado el 24/8/2019
Meisha B.
Marketing Manager
Software informático, 501-1000 empleados
  • Publicado el 8/8/2019

"Sufficient Free Tool for Social Media Scheduling"

Comentarios: Hootsuite is a great free tool for beginners and small social media teams! It's easy to use and has just about all of the basics you could need to start scheduling and managing social.

Puntos a favor: Hootsuite is a great free solution for basic social media management. I enjoy the dashboard customizations, where you can pull in different channels and features (ex: posts, timelines, mentions, etc.) all in one easy-to-manage interface. It also makes social listening easy versus having to log in and manage notifications manually on each individual platform. In general, Hootsuite is easy to learn given some experience with other SaaS platforms. The interface is intuitive and easy to navigate. And, they offer a ton of free resources to help you get up to speed with the platform and social media management in general, which is nice. With the free version, you can manage three social profiles. This is great for personal use or for managing in-house social, but not ideal for agencies or managing multiple clients/accounts. Surprisingly, however, you can schedule as many posts as you want within those three profiles, which is great for advanced planning.

Contras: The integrations and features/functionality could be better. I personally prefer to use HootSuite to schedule tweets and prefer to schedule other content for Facebook and LinkedIn within the actual platforms. It's fine to use HootSuite in a pinch, but you are able to do a lot more customizations within the individual platforms. Kind of a pain to do it separate/manually, but you get a better post/product in return. For example, you often can't add multiple images to a post or do a carousel-style post as you could directly within Facebook. Like most SaaS products that have a free version, there are limitations. For anything more than managing in-house or personal social, you'd likely need to invest in one of the paid plans and really compare what's offered in HootSuite vs some of the other more enterprise solutions. The reporting is also fairly limited and you'll likely have to work within the platforms directly or use other tools to get a full picture of social media performance.

• Publicado el 8/8/2019
Account Executive
Marketing y publicidad, 201-500 empleados
  • Publicado el 16/5/2019

"Love this social tool!"

Comentarios: I saved ENORMOUS amounts of time with Hootsuite. I can't imagine doing all that it helped me do manually... from monitoring comments, to responding to people, to scheduling multiple posts a week on multiple platforms per week, to everything in between. Hootsuite really helped me streamline my job even when we had limited budgets and resources to do anything else.

Puntos a favor: I used to do full-time social media management and was using Hootsuite constantly to schedule posts for my clients and track social conversations and mentions in real time. I love how simple and easy it is to use – you'd never think multiple columns across your screen would work or keep you sane... but it gets the job done! I can easily respond to people, retweet it, flag it and more. Another awesome think I love about Hootsuite is the ability you have to help gather content. I was constantly looking for things to retweet to get engaged with others online, so I used one of my columns to track particular keywords. I could then get real-time tweets and posts from people talking about the topics I wanted to engage with and retweet for the brands I was managing. Honestly that made my job 100x easier!

Contras: I do know it has been a little clunky for me in the past. Sometimes keyword columns won't update and I've had to delete and recreate the search – or I would schedule posts and the photos wouldn't go out. I think they have fixed some of these issues over the years. There is also a maximum number of columns you can create in the free version, so I sometimes ran into issues where I wanted to use more features but couldn't. But, overall, I appreciate the value I got for the $$.

• Publicado el 16/5/2019
Harry W.
Digital Marketing Manager
Comercio minorista, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 11/1/2019

"Great tool, but feels like it could still do with something extra - better planning, more LinkedIn features"

Comentarios: It might feel like it's missing a few extras, but generally its a really useful platform and out social media activity has been much better in terms or both organisation and analytics. There's also a massive community for Hootsuite so you can always find out how other people are using it. We used a Meltwater before and it was so scientific and clunky to set up we never ended up using it. We use Hootsuite daily now and the ability to shorten links is also really helpful.

Puntos a favor: Really easy to use and so many resources. The platform is brilliant for scheduling and you don't even have to visit the other social platforms to post and engage with the audience. You can really customise the streams for each user which is great for productivity, and the analytics is really useful. As a manager, I only have to hop into the publisher section to see what posts are going out, how often we're posting, and what platform we're using most. Using the streams, I can set up one for all posts to check consistency and monitor engagement, one for competitor research, and one for searches, and then more platform specific streams so I can really dive into the nitty-gritty if I need to.

Contras: It's very Twitter orientated, most of the useful streams like monitoring topical conversations etc are in Twitter (probably by nature of the Twitter platform), but I would like to see more feature on LinkedIn - so far there's only TWO streams; one to monitor Company Updates, and second to monitor scheduled posts (I can see this in the publisher planner anyway). It would be good to see similar monitoring streams for Hashtag conversations because this feature is applicable in LinkedIn as well as Twitter. The Publisher also feels like it's just missing something and I think it's the ability to 'plot' in posts rather than drafting out complete posts. For example when we're planning what activity we want to launch, we might not know what the full post is going to look like, but we might just want to plot in ideas which at the moment we have to do on a spreadsheet and then translate over to the Hootsuite publisher. It would be good to see this feature in the planner where we can plot ideas, and then fully draft them out later.

• Publicado el 11/1/2019
Virginia B.
Communications Manager
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 23/7/2018

"Manage and schedule your tweets (and posts) for SUITE results"

Puntos a favor: As a Hootsuite user for 7 years now, it is by far my favorite social media management software. Creating, optimizing, and posting social media for different platforms, etc. takes a lot more time than you would expect. Not only do you have to craft each post to fit each platform you’re posting to… you have to choose the best time, use the right hashtags, shorten URLS, and include something interesting (i.e. picture, video, content). Overall, what many believe will only take them 10 minutes, in reality it can take up 2-5 (or more) hours of your work week; even more when you include the content creation for the actual posting. Hootsuite is the best tool for compiling all your social media efforts into one dashboard you can work from and will definitely knock hours off your work week. PROS
The best feature of Hootsuite is the time you will gain. Most social media platforms have a scheduling aspect to them but having to manually log in and out of each one, to do so, is not feasible or conducive for speed. Hootsuite provides you with analytics on each of your chosen platforms, located in its dashboard, to help you identify the most optimal time(s) to schedule each post to be sent out; this especially comes in handy for days you know you will be on the go and/or do not have access to technology. You can also scroll through past social media posts, save unfinished drafts, and boost posts for content promos; which will provide you with more insight and/or a better understanding of which of your efforts and/or CTA’s are working best. Hootsuite’s platform has various analytics and reports you can export so your team(s) can measure things like conversion rates, marketing and sales initiatives, and improvements in monthly social capital. One of the neat things about this platform is the option to purchase additional social media management applications for things like YouTube Analytics and video posting, Wordpress blog analytics and posting, Google Analytics, etc. Hootsuite also provides the option to export reports (including customized reports) on any of the platforms connected to your account, to measure competition, areas of improvement, click stats, and which platform is bringing in the largest amount of traffic to your website/content, etc.
Because the company I work for uses another third-party application (Lead Liaison) to track visitors and traffic sources to our website, we use the free version of Hootsuite.

Contras: One of the cons of Hootsuite is its inability to detect whether or not your traffic is originating from an actual human or an automated bot. This can interfere with your data and make it hard to decipher if the data you have access to is valid or not; this is true for Google Analytics as well. To avoid this, we use a third-party application for visitor tracking (Lead Liaison). You may get notifications that your social network(s) have been disconnected from your dashboard; don’t worry, you simply just have to reconnect them. Although I am not sure why this happens so often, I trust that this has nothing to do the security of my account and I always receive notifications when I sign in to my account from a new device, etc.

• Publicado el 23/7/2018
Abigail N.
Social Media Specialist
Arquitectura y planificación, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 11/11/2016

"Reliable and easy social media manager"

Comentarios: Hootsuite and Buffer are my go to social media, despite the several other SM Managers that I've tried out. I work with 5 brands and I have to manage their social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn) I've been using Hootsuite (and Buffer) for three years but of the two Hootsuite is my favorite and my safe bet. I have a habit of testing out as many free marketing software's as I can find and in terms of social media marketing Hootsuite is the best. The interface is easy to use, and the tutorial available to each new signup is very helpful. I love being able to tag a Facebook page, Twitter profile or Instagram profile in a post. The android app is also fully functional on my Kindle Fire (Unlike Buffer) which is a plus. The Feedly> Hootsuite integration is a major plus, I've never used the Hootsuite RSS feed option even though I keep planning to, but I like being able to share informative posts from feedly (On my Kindle Fire) to Hootsuite. What I love the best is that the free plan unlike buffer lets you schedule as many posts as you want to 3 social media profiles. This is great because I can schedule a month worth of social media posts in three days unlike the 10 posts per profile restriction on the Buffer's free plan.
The analytics reports aren't very detailed and often I rely on Start a Fire as well as a variety of other software's to get in-depth analytics but the brands I work with do not understand or see the need for in-depth analysis so I suppose it's okay.
I'm not happy that Hootsuite doesn't support posts with multiple images, I learnt that the awkward way when I made a post with 3 pictures. I recommend Hootsuite for beginners and Individuals who want a simple, straight forward social media manager. Oh, and the Hootsuite academy is very insightful.

Puntos a favor: It is one of the simplest Social media managers in the market, the freeplan is great because it provides essential features for beginners and experts at no cost. I also like the mini tutorial for new users, at the right side of the dashboard. I personally use Tweetdeck for social listening on Twitter but Hootsuite is also great for that.

Contras: I dont like the fact that if i want to schedule a post with multiple images i'll have to schedule it directly on Facebook or on Tweetdeck for twitter.

• Publicado el 11/11/2016
Marketing Specialist
Telecomunicaciones, 10.000+ empleados
  • Publicado el 30/10/2018

"Perfect for individuals, business and agencies alike!"

Puntos a favor: As a marketeer, I was lucky enough to try a few different social media management platforms. Personally, Hootsuite has always been one of my favorites.
The platform is quite easy to use, and setup. The interface is quite intuitive and on boarding new members normally takes us a few minutes.
We easily managed multiple accounts and switched between them in single clicks. The mini profile icons helped our team differentiate between our different clients, so we had a smaller number of mistakes.
But that's not all!
Team collaboration is superb once you establish a professional account. Content review and approvals that is easy to set up. You can review comments and replies and assign them to other users, and even leaves comments and notes for them. You can review other users performance and get full reports on their work.

Contras: Reporting is weak compared to other tools. And while I enjoy their pre-designed scheduled reports, I normally end up creating my own reports using other analytics tools that are more robust and provide more in-depth insights.
While i enjoy setting up multiple topic columns to monitor, extracting the data is impossible and you will always need a listening tool to create monitoring and listening reports.
I was on an older pricing plan for awhile now, but when I checked recently, they seem to have increased their pricing and are now quite pricey compared to some of the competing platforms, however, I still have a soft spot for them.

• Publicado el 30/10/2018
Ashley S.
Owner and Founder
  • Publicado el 4/12/2018

"Hootsuite is great for individuals and marketing firms alike"

Comentarios: My company uses Hootsuite to schedule social media for our clients. If I were trying to post multiple times a day for each client through the individual accounts, I would never do anything else. So, Hootsuite helps me set up a social media and content schedule that is unique to each business while leaving room for me to add content as I go throughout my other daily tasks. It streamlines and automates a task that would otherwise take up all of my time.

Puntos a favor: If I had to pick a favorite, I would say that the scheduling feature is extraordinarily helpful. I run a small digital marketing firm and handle the social media for almost all of my clients. I created separate accounts for each client to keep my own costs down, so I will simply schedule out 30 posts at a time and set a memo for myself to post more before the campaign ends.
After that, I love the plugins and tools, especially the ones that allow you to curate content that is relevant to the industry of my clients (Mostly cleaning, software, and daycares). I can set up an RSS feed that posts at regular intervals in case I am late on posting.
Finally, the photo editor - I like this because I post a ton of pictures for my clients, which means that I need the images to fit well on different networks. The photo editor allows me to play with the size right in the app until it fits properly, which takes a lot of guesswork out when trying to edit for size rather than picture quality.

Contras: Honestly, I have used multiple different scheduling software for social media - Hootsuite is by far my favorite because it is so feature rich. If I had one complaint, it would actually be the cost. If you are trying to use one platform for all clients or have more than 3 social accounts per client, Hootsuite can get pretty pricey, especially for a smaller startup without much capital while they are growing.

• Publicado el 4/12/2018
Sheila Z.
Diseño gráfico, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 15/10/2019

"Makes life so much easier"

Comentarios: I'm able to efficiently see all of my social channels in one place. It makes it easier and less stressful to schedule, listen, reply to messages/comment, tag, etc. than having to go to each channels individually.

Puntos a favor: I like that you can schedule posts and see what's coming in a calendar. You can also "listen" to social media by setting up a hashtag you'd like to follow and all posts that use that hashtag will appear in a stream. You can set up a several streams for one social channel such as for posts, messages, scheduled posts, etc. You can even manage and reply to comments.

Contras: It takes a bit of a learning curve. It has some limitations as far as tagging companies or people. Some functions, you'll have to do directly on the social channel. But that's also the case with any social media management and analytics software like Hootsuite.

• Publicado el 15/10/2019
Marketing Coordinator
  • Publicado el 8/9/2020

"An absolute time saver"

Comentarios: I've had a very positive experience with Hootsuite. It has saved me a lot of time and frustration and allows content to be cohesive across all channels. It's easy to see all my content right in front of me without having to go from channel to channel. It truly is a program I would not be able to do my job without.

Puntos a favor: I like the ease of use and functionality. It looks overwhelming and complicated at first, but it doesn't take long to understand how to navigate and get started. Everything is pretty self-explanatory and easy to locate. I love the fact that you can access hootsuite anywhere because it's a web-based program, and you don't need to download any extra software to use it. It also has an app so I can schedule or update content on the go. The ability to schedule endless amounts of posts (with the premium account) is nice because I can spend two days scheduling content for the entire month and not worry about it the rest of the time. Another thing I really enjoy is their "Hootsuite Accandemy" - courses that teaches you everything about social media management and gives you the chanceto get certification from the program. It's also a great tool for engaging with people without having to go to the specific social channels separately. Everything from drafting a post, adding images, scheduling, commenting, sharing and replying to messages and comments can all be done from the dashboard.

Contras: It can get pretty pricey depending on your needs. The free program isn't bad for very small companies, but if you want to schedule more then 30 posts and have more than the basic social channels then premium is necessary I find there are alternative programs that offer more for less, but this is the software my employer has chosen and is content with it.

• Publicado el 8/9/2020
Mercedes Z.
  • Publicado el 11/2/2020

"Where would I be without HootSuite?!"

Puntos a favor: I started using HootSuite at the very EARLY stages of my business. Before I even had a single client. The reason I chose HootSuite is because they had a FREE version... and in my early client-less stage...I needed all the free I could get. It's extremely easy to add whichever social networks you have (LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) The free version allows for 3 profiles, but once you upgrade to the paid you can of course add more. The platform itself is very self explanatory and makes scheduling future posts extremely easy.

Contras: I'd like to be able to edit the posts by platform. For example, when posting to Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter -- I'd like to add hashtags just to the Instagram Caption and/or shorten the Twitter caption. Instead of having to create a post for each separate platform, I'd like to be able to do it all in one and make the edits in the same batch.

• Publicado el 11/2/2020
Marketing and communications manager
Marketing y publicidad, 1001-5000 empleados
  • Publicado el 17/8/2018

"Easy to use with tons of features and plugins to compliment it"

Puntos a favor: Hootsuite is one of the most versatile tools out there in the market. Starting from its free package, you will find yourself covering all the essentials you need for your day to day operations when it comes to social media. The columns/tabs interface is what sold the product to our team compared to all the other competitors we tried.
In addition, the ability to connect multiple profiles, create columns to listen to important topics and team communications and messaging (paid feature).
The free plan also allows you to schedule up to 30 posts, and if you need more, upgrading to any of their paid plans is as cheap.
As we had many clients to handle and our team required a lot of collaboration, we were under the team plan. it was easy to setup an automated monthly report that goes to the client, which saved us tons of time, and the team collaboration features allowed us to assign the right roles and exchange messages, assign tasks and customer inquiries (tweets and comments) to one another with ease.

Contras: While Hootsuite covers the essentials you might need for your day to day social media, it lacks much in-depth analysis, listening and reporting features. In addition, it does not have cross-platform profiling and does not have features to help you setup competitions or gather/mine data easily.

• Publicado el 17/8/2018
Rob C.
Marketing Copywriter
Software informático, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 27/5/2019

"The standard, but not my favourite"

Comentarios: I manage a number of social media accounts for an international software company, and am also tasked with monitoring social mentions for our brand. For all my (relatively minor) issues with Hootsuite, it certainly lets me get the job done. On the level of features, I think Hootsuite is near the top of the heap as far as most social media management platforms go. Just don't expect the prettiest packaging, best user experience, or to be able to fully schedule your social activity in advance on some networks.

Puntos a favor: Make no mistake about it; when it comes to getting your social media work done, Hootsuite will deliver. Its scheduling feature is great, it (mostly) does a good job of letting you tag things, and it offers a good suite of analytics features that will help you review your social media performance and deliver key insights to other members of your organization.

Contras: My issues with Hootsuite aren't dealbreakers, but they do make me less than enthusiastic about bringing my business to this platform. The UI just isn't very attractive or intuitive, which is a shame. Competitors offer much more modern looks and simpler posting functionality than you get with Hootsuite. Annoyingly, and I know this isn't Hootsuite's fault, there are issues relating to who you are able to tag on certain networks, like LinkedIn. I often find myself unable to schedule a post to LinkedIn because of who I need to tag, and having to post manually defeats the purpose of having Hootsuite in the first place. I do understand that this is an issue created by the social networks themselves, but it's an annoyance nonetheless.

• Publicado el 27/5/2019
Marina C.
Director of Communications
Filantropía, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 10/1/2018

"Great for Managing My Nonprofit Social Media Pages!"

Comentarios: If you manage multiple social media pages for an organization or business, this is a great tool that will make your life so much easier and save you a lot of time!

Puntos a favor: Hootsuite is a great timesaver. I love that as I'm setting up social media posts for the week, I can schedule posts across multiple platforms at the same time, and be able to further tailor them to the character of each platform (Facebook post vs. Twitter post) all from the same site. I also really appreciate how you can add or remove different "streams" from your viewing page for each social media platform. For instance, on my Facebook tab in Hootsuite, I have my page's scheduled posts in one column, our already published posts in the next column, and our inbox messages in another. For Twitter, though, I have my page's tweets in one column, our other newsfeed tweets in another (which I can retweet, reply to, and like all from that column in Hootsuite!), our mentions in a third column, and our direct messages in another.

Contras: Overall, Hootsuite is great, but there are a couple of things that bother me from time to time. When scheduling Facebook posts with multiple photo attachments, I've found that Hootsuite will publish each photo as a separate post, but with the same text each time, instead of including all the images in one post. This means that in these cases, I always have to go to Facebook's page to schedule posts with multiple images instead of being able to do it from Hootsuite. It's not something I have to do very often (typically, I only include one image with a post), but it's annoying nevertheless. I've also occasionally had Hootsuite incorrectly block me from being able to schedule my posts because it's internal clock is off and says that my posts (which I'm trying to schedule for several days away) aren't being scheduled for more than 5 minutes in the future.

• Publicado el 10/1/2018