VolunteerLocal meets all our needs

Publicado el 8/9/2018
Certified Food for Life Instructor
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 51-200 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: We manage over a thousand volunteers during a 3-day event, recruiting them in the 3 months prior each year. With the help of this software, one volunteer coordinator is able to handle all the needs of our volunteers on a part-time basis. The VolunteerLocal team has always been able to help me get they system set up for the next year quickly and easily. They have resolved any issues I've raised within a day or so. I couldn't ask for better service.

Puntos a favor: I like the flexibility of this software to handle unlimited volunteers in many different jobs and shifts. I also like that we can communicate directly with specific groups of volunteers - eg all those in a particular shift or job, and download lists of volunteers for almost any purpose. I also love that each year, we can copy over everything we set up for the previous year, which makes it very quick to get going. I appreciate that the sales and service is handled by just a few key staff who understand the product very well, so I can build a relationship with them and get quick answers to my questions.

Contras: We've been using this software for a few years now, and most of the issues we came across were fixed quickly. The only ongoing issue has been an inconsistency of fonts and sizes of text on the integrated part of our website and in some outgoing emails, and VolunteerLocal has fixed those as needed.

Publicado el 12/6/2019
Nadine L.
OfficeManager
Ocio, viajes y turismo, 2-10 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: This will be our 3 year using this program and the experience has been essential in helping us maintain our volunteer needs. We can identify the positions to be filled, the tasks and responsibilities associated with those positions, the shifts and times we need to fill and at a glance can tell where we have holes in each position that need to be filled. Historically, it has helped us identified activity patterns and this allows us to use our volunteers more effectively.

Puntos a favor: The site is really easy to use and captures the amount of detail we need for our 200 + volunteers and the individual jobs that we need filled during the Rally. Since we have been using Volunteer Local there has never been a downtime for accessing the system which spells reliability to us and that is important. On the rare occasion I need assistance, the support staff a Volunteer Local have always been extremely responsive, understand the issue almost immediately and take corrective action or provide assistance the same day. I highly recommend this program to any organization who utilizes volunteers to get the work done.

Contras: I can't really offer a con - every time I have come upon a challenge that I can't resolve, the support staff are a phone call or email away to resolve the issue.

Why I recommend Volunteerlocal.com

Publicado el 13/11/2018
Tara P.
Volunteer Program Manager
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 51-200 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: I recommend this service whenever I can. It's very helpful when collecting volunteers and communicating instructions and details. We use the program for more than just events - we sign up staff members and volunteers for training and have used it to schedule staff interviews too. It's an effective way to decrease the number of times you have to say or email a detail or instruction.

Puntos a favor: Ease of use and support. Volunteer Programmers hear from 100's of volunteers a day, especially when recruiting for an event. Sending the link with instructions and confirmation has significantly reduced the number of calls and emails I have to send with the same message. The communication tool is my favorite feature - that and the password protection for certain volunteers roles.

Contras: Would be nice to have an easier way to archive. There a few too many steps.

VolunteerLocal helps us manage an annual 2-week event with 24 hour shifts of 100+ volunteers

Publicado el 4/4/2019
Carol C.
Winter Nights Volunteer Coordinator
Instituciones religiosas, 201-500 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: This is the best online signup app I found. Key is that it is EASY for the volunteer and there is no need for remembering Yet Another Password. Our volunteers just use their email. And there's a nice smartphone app for the volunteers. The backend is pretty intuitive and powerful. I have managed a large church event that runs 2 weeks with 24 hour shifts for the last 10 years. I have used google forms & spreadsheets to manage most of the years. The past 2 years I have used VolunteerLocal and decreased my workload at least 75%! I would highly recommend this useful app.

Puntos a favor: Once I developed the over 400+ event jobs/shifts for our annual church event, I could simple *COPY* the whole event the next year and update the START and END times...Voila! We were ready to go again I loved the export ability so I could create custom reports for different job coordinators as their teams filled out.

Contras: We could only afford the first tier subscription so I could not SAVE reports, but had to create them each time I wanted to run them. (Not difficult, just time consuming) All jobs are shift centric. There isn't a position-type job (ex: Job Planner/Coordinator) that has no explicit start/stop shift. We need that for volunteers who signup to help plan/coordinate the other volunteers in general.

Volunteer Local a.k.a. Volunteer PERSONAL

Publicado el 14/9/2018
Marcey T.
Volunteers Coordinator
Organización de eventos, 2-10 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: Personable service (although sometimes it takes time for a response). Especially nice to feel you actually know me, my organization, my specific quirks. I love all the things the VL program can do to stream-line my job. This year my working hours decreased while my volunteer roster increased!

Puntos a favor: Fairly logical program, stream-lines my job immeasurably. I especially like the automated (pre-scheduled) responses to volunteers. What a load off my desk!

Contras: Sometimes I work from home, late at night. Wish I could call customer support when the spirit strikes me!!

Volunteer Local

Publicado el 12/11/2018
Liz W.
Events Volunteer Coordinator
Organización de eventos, 201-500 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Puntos a favor: Volunteer Local gives the volunteers control over when and where they would like to volunteer. They are able to add friends which is great and if something comes up they can also cancel their shift. All of this greatly reduces the amount of time my team spends on the phone and talking to potential volunteers.
I also love the email feature and birthday notification.

Contras: It does not integrate with our organisations CRM and the label printing function does not work with the volunteer name tags we use. However, these are small things and the benefits of using Volunteer Local definitely out weigh these little things.

Great service

Publicado el 5/9/2018
Jana D.
Community Activities Manager
Servicios individuales y familiares, 51-200 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: VolunteerLocal has been an invaluable service for Youth Emergency Services & Shelter (YESS) and our annual special event, the YESS Duck Derby. The site is incredibly easy to use and the communication features make it easy to share shift updates and last-minute details to volunteers all in one place. I highly recommend VolunteerLocal for anyone managing an event that utilizes volunteers.

Puntos a favor: I love the ease of use, both from the administrative side as well as the general user.

Contras: There can be some clumsiness if you choose to only confirm a volunteer once they have clicked a link in an email to confirm. In the interim the shift does not appear to be filled, so you can end up overfilling a shift pretty easily. It would be nice if it could place a "hold" on the shift for maybe 24 hours or some set amount of time.
There is a simple solution to this, though, which is just to change your settings so that the shift is automatically confirmed.

Volunteer Local is AMAZING

Publicado el 15/4/2019
Mary O.
Redes informáticas, 51-200 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: We put on events every year with, but our biggest event, the Navajo rug show, is our biggest event. We always struggled with our volunteer sign up. Now that we have VL, we are so happy. It makes sign up a breeze. And then let's talk about how GREAT their customer service.
The support team has helped out Adopt a Native Elder over the years and we would be nowhere without them.
I sing them (and VL) praises all the time!!

Puntos a favor: The ease of use with which we can set up an event and staff it easily and accurately.
When we first started using it, the software was easy to figure out and even made us think of more things we could use it for. The features are endless, and it is a GREAT value for any event.

Contras: Nothing...there is absolutely nothing wrong with this software.
IF there ever was something that I didn't understand, one call to customer support (and the support team) gave me the answer.

Wonderful people, AMAZING product!

Publicado el 28/3/2013
Chantelle M.
Development & Communications Coordinator
Relación calidad-precio

Comentarios: If you're not using VolunteerLocal, you should be! This product has been so perfect for our small nonprofit. I went from sending at least 5 emails back and forth between a potential volunteer and trying to manage a 150-column, 5-page spreadsheet (and that's on legal paper) to simply copying and pasting the link and letting volunteers do it themselves! I can easily pull weekly reports to track our recruitment progress and send emails out when needed! Couldn't ask for a better product and so proud to call them a part of our Des Moines community.

Puntos a favor: VolunteerLocal features a simple, user-friendly interface with features even in the free version that you have to pay for with every other online volunteer system (unlimited jobs, shifts, volunteers!). You can define what information about each volunteer you want to receive, set maximums for each position, and copy jobs and shifts so you don't have to recreate the wheel for similar events. Features increase with the paid versions including the ability to blast emails to volunteers, multiple users managing different jobs, and event check in. THE single most important pro is the people! The team is a group of local developers who regularly seek feedback from the community about how to improve their product, and it shows in the execution! Kaylee is SO receptive to customer needs and easy to work with and I look forward to every time we talk.

Contras: Haven't found one yet!!

Great addition to our volunteer program

Publicado el 17/1/2019
Melanie M.
Administración educativa, 13-50 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: I use this software with a wide range of age groups. People can access event information and sign up for volunteer positions without having to send me a personal email. In this day and age, having an easy signup page is really important. I give my volunteers the option of registering personally with me or to using Volunteer Local. Having these options appeals to more types/ages of people and my volunteers like that.

Puntos a favor: This software is easy for my volunteers to use. I can send them a link and all they have to do is check which job/shift they want and type in their name and email. I have a number of volunteers who are not good with technology, so this is very important. I also like that it sends them an email with their shift information right away. I like that I can put lots of detail about the event and each job position so volunteers have access to enough information to make a good decision. I like that I can add volunteers myself, if they choose to email me instead of use the VolunteerLocal page.

Contras: The layout of screens and links when setting up an event is not always intuitive. It isn't always easy to find what I am looking for.

North America's Largest Cross Country Ski Race uses Volunteer Local!

Publicado el 5/2/2019
Ronda T.
Volunteer & Participant Services Director
Deportes, 13-50 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: The software is so easy to use! Which translates into the ease of coordinating 3500 year-round volunteers, and knowing at-a-glace what areas need attention, makes my job a lot easier.

Puntos a favor: I love the ease of use, the great features - like password protection and the communication tools.

Contras: Does not include the "members" as recipients of messages sent out by me/the admin, in areas they manage.

Reviewed Many other sites... ease of use was key!

Publicado el 2/6/2013
Heather W.
Volunteer Leader
Relación calidad-precio

Comentarios: We have 3-4 day events with hundreds of volunteers. We needed something easy for them to sign-up on, but robust enough for us to track data. We didn't need to a lot volunteer tracking over the course of time...so this was a great fit!

Puntos a favor: I had been asked to review the volunteer management sites out there (found a great list of 'all' of them, or at least most). I narrowed it down to 5 and signed up for free accounts. VolunteerLocal was the first to respond to the fact that I signed up for an account, and were certainly much better than the other sites at working with me, understanding our needs, and letting us know how the website would fit our needs. I also appreciated that fact that they were willing to help resolve some of the issues we had. It certainly made me feel comfortable in recommending VolunteerLocal.

The interface is very clean and simple, and as my rep could tell, I was answering my own questions soon after I sent them.. The developers seem to have thought of everything that I can think of so far! Kudos!

Contras: Would love to be able to arrange shifts in the order I want, instead of alphabetical. There seems to be a bit of glitch with location when one is added, but very easy to fix after the fact.

VolunteerLocal has the best customer service I have ever encountered!

Publicado el 9/8/2017
Susan M.
Event Volunteer Coordinator
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 51-200 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: We are able to organize and track all of our volunteers from our events across Canada!

Puntos a favor: The software is very user friendly and it has all of the features we need to manage our volunteers. We are the largest fitness education provider in Canada and we host events from coast to coast. VolunteerLocal allow us to manage all of our events with ease. The support of the team is amazing she is able to help me with every request to make our events run smoothly.

Great company

Publicado el 31/10/2018
Jeffrey F.
ReStore Manager
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 13-50 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: The convenience for us and our volunteers to sign up. Our volunteer program was recently highlighted at our conference in DesMoines. Part of the presentation was that we used your program and how much we like it.

Puntos a favor: The convenience and ease of how to use it.

Contras: When it needed to be updated. That could have been handled better.

VolunteerLocal... I would not run an event without it.

Publicado el 10/10/2018
Scott W.
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 2-10 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: Historically, the job of volunteer coordinator is a labour-intensive, time-consuming job. VolunteerLocal is a transformational tool... not only for securing volunteers, but to recruit a volunteer coordinator.

Puntos a favor: Single purpose software solution that:
~ is based on the key features of self-registration and self-scheduling
~ has a very reasonable entry level price point
~ is simple to use, yet provides good user flexibility
~ provides excellent and timely support
~ our volunteers love to use!

Contras: Can't really think of any. It would be helpful to have some type of simple Gantt Chart application to build and modify the projects jobs and shifts. And to be able to PDF so you can add as attachments to the system.

The BEST Volunteer Management Tool

Publicado el 27/11/2018
Katie M.
Director of Membership Services
Organización de eventos, 13-50 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: We use VolunteerLocal to sign up volunteers for all our Rose Parade committees, and it allows me to grant permission to the committee leader to reach out to their specific volunteers, which is really great because it gives them some ownership and frees up my time for other projects. I've used it for 5 years now and it fits our needs perfectly.

Puntos a favor: So many things:
ability to communicate to all volunteers by job or shift, and to provide that capability to sub-users
flexibility with the registration page, can be sorted by date or by job
ability to add specific details for each job or shift

Contras: I can't think of anything that frustrates me, and they are so responsive when I have a question or suggestion.

We love Volunteer Local!

Publicado el 26/9/2018
Events, Promotion and Social Media Coordinator
Música, 2-10 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: We have had nothing but a positive experience with Volunteer Local! After doing a lot of research on similar software, we were happy with our choice to move forward with Volunteer Local as a free service, but found it was more than worth the investment of the paid service as well. Our volunteers always tell me how easy it is to use, too!

Puntos a favor: This program is so easy to use for me as an event organizer, and we constantly get comments from volunteers on how easy it is to sign up! Whenever we need a question answered, Volunteer Local is there within minutes to answer it. The team is always great whether we reach out via phone or email.

Contras: We are looking in to adding a few features for our festival next year, but wish a few of these were included in the package (text messaging, password protected jobs, etc.)

Why I like Volunteer Local

Publicado el 24/4/2019
Jodi R.
Volunteer Manager
Deportes, 2-10 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: Excellent Experience! New features are explained to us by their very knowledgeable and patient staff. They operate on the very highest level of customer service.

Puntos a favor: Besides the need to "massage" data anyway I need to (and this is possible), the most important component is the communications tools. Since most of our volunteers are teens, communication with them is challenging. Volunteer Local has met this challenge through their email and texting features, and the new phone app.

Contras: I like everything about the software. I like it more than I did 3 years ago. It has vastly improved through perfecting existing features and offering new features.

VolunteerLocal makes our events easier!

Publicado el 11/12/2018
Jean H.
Director of Events
Organización cívica y social, 13-50 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: We have two very large events that require over 100 volunteers for each day of the event. VolunteerLocal makes it much easier to keep organized. It's great to be able to have more than one administrator have access since we usually have more than one person heading up our volunteer teams. Communication is key and keeping everyone updated is much easier with VolunteerLocal.

Puntos a favor: Having an online portal for volunteers to sign up on is much easier to maintain than trying to keep all the many volunteers information on a spreadsheet. Plus, being able to communicate with volunteers through the website is an added bonus. It's great to be able to see exactly what jobs are being fulfilled and what you still need to get volunteers for too.

Contras: It does take some time getting the jobs and schedules set up, but it's time well spent in the end.

Love this team!

Publicado el 7/11/2018
Sandy B.
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 2-10 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: VolunteerLocal is the best volunteer registration system there is! I have been using this registration system for the past 6 years, for more than one event, and I have found this very volunteer friendly. I also have needed tech support to help with some changes and editing, and the fast response is impressive. The whole staff is friendly, understanding and pleasant to work with. VolunteerLocal has set high standards for the quality of their product and it shows. So happy to be a customer!

Puntos a favor: How easy it is for volunteers to sign up.

Contras: Sometimes the changes I need to make aren't obvious, the path isn't clear, but a tech support conversation clears my confusion quickly.

Easy and Efficient!

Publicado el 6/11/2018
Colton S.
Associate Manager, Events
Organización de eventos, 13-50 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Puntos a favor: I like being able to see the report section and easily knowing the percentage of volunteers for each shift/position - makes it super easy to keep track of things. I enjoy the platform and working with you all!

Contras: I don't have any cons of this platform, as I have been able to quickly learn the ins and outs of the system.

Great service for events based volunteer manage, a pleasure to use, even over the sea to New Zealand

Publicado el 6/8/2014
Jo G.
Volunteers Manager
Relación calidad-precio

Comentarios: After searching through various volunteer management resources and having used google docs forms and spreadsheets for the past few years, it has been an absolute pleasure to find a system that works so intuitively and successfully.
The support has been amazing from the start and I look forward to using the service for all events. With a free upgrade to enable us to try out the features of the discover level it allowed me to see how easy it will make my life to recruit, manage and place all volunteers for event. The biggest time issue I always found with spreadsheet system was not gathering enough data from the volunteers and then placing them in a job that was not suitable/ they were not suited to or they were unable to do. With the online system, people can see exactly which shift they are accepting and the email confirmation allows me to see that their email address is correct and that they are fully aware of the shifts that they have taken on.
Thank you for making my working life much easier, it allows me to put more time into areas of importance, finding prizes and thank yous for the volunteers, rather than moving names around a spreadsheet and trying to guess which role a volunteer would like to do.
I would recommend this service to anyone looking to streamline their processes and provide a top line service to our important volunteer force.

Great Customer Service!

Publicado el 19/12/2018
James H.
Website Manager
Transporte/transporte en camión/ferrocarril, 1001-5000 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: My overall experience has been great. We've been using VolunteerLocal for about 6 years now and the product they present is easy to use and cost efficient. I've had to train other users in my office on how to use their software, which has been very simple because the software is so simple to use.

Puntos a favor: The software is easy to use and is constantly being updated with new enhancements. The folks at VolunteerLocal listen to their customers and are generally quick to add features that have been submitted to them.

Contras: Honestly, I can't think of any that I don't like about VolunteerLocal.

Flexibility is the name of the game.

Publicado el 7/12/2018
Katie C.
Volunteer Co-coordinator
Entretenimiento, 2-10 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: VL's online volunteer system works perfectly for our annual summer event, NL Blues & BBQ! We needed a flexible system that worked seamlessly on both the volunteer end, as well as our organizations end for reporting, tracking of t-shirts info, groups, etc. Their help, flexibility in making the system fit our needs, and customer service has been fantastic and well worth the money! I foresee using VL for all of our current and future community events!

Puntos a favor: That there is flexibility built in that we didn't even know was possibly until the situation showed itself. Customer service worked patiently with us to make it all work seamlessly and quickly!

Contras: Not sure that I can think of any....so far it's all worked very well, from set up through reporting.

VolunteerLocal

Publicado el 17/9/2019
Laura S.
Executive Director
Organización de eventos, 2-10 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: Our team leaders like to see the next-day's shifts and rosters, and these were so easy to produce!

Puntos a favor: The ability to see empty shifts easily is a huge asset when you have someone on the phone who would like to volunteer, but is unsure where.
Being able to add in a job role is great as people can read over each role to decide where to volunteer.

Contras: When a volunteer asked when his or her shift was, I had a hard time finding the pathway into that information, on many occasions.