Opiniones de Meltwater

Sobre Meltwater

Tools that enable marketing, comms and PR pros to monitor, analyze and influence the world around them.

Descubre más sobre Meltwater

Very easy and straightforward to use. Gives rich analytics data.

Valoraciones de Meltwater

4,0
Relación calidad-precio
3,4

Probabilidad de recomendación

Meltwater tiene una valoración global de 4,0 estrellas sobre 5 según las 79 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Has utilizado Meltwater?

Filtrar opiniones (79)

Javier victor marian B.
Javier victor marian B.
Network Security Auditor en EE. UU.
Relaciones públicas y comunicaciones, 11-50 empleados

best monitoring media software

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: best tool for monitoring media outlets in latin america!

sysomos is a great combination of automated software that look into media outlets news in digital and keep a look into social media. Also, they have a robust database of latin america. Before wans't so great but they keep updating it. Now, it is hard to find adicional news outside sysomos.

Puntos en contra:

i have problems sharing my monitors and querys with other users and customer suppport couldn't help me. Also time to timee they have a breach or something working wrong and you dont receive and alert by email and they are very slow to solve it. I have issues in the past with my clients because of this.

Dede C.
Communications Manager en EE. UU.
Servicios, 51-200 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

One tool that does almost everything we need

4,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: We've been using it in this office for about 2 years now, and I used them previously at another job, as well. They're very responsive when you need help with something. I like the tool. It's intuitive and does just about everything we'd want it to. I do think their sales tactics were a little heavy-handed sometimes, putting deadlines on offers and whatnot, but when I talked to them about it, they lightened up a lot.

The dashboard for easy monitoring of our media and social coverage.

Puntos en contra:

They charge separate pricing for everything, and it seems that every time I turn around they're rolling out a cool new feature they want to share, but it's always extra.

hace 2 años

Dede, reviews like this give us motivation and help us ensure we continue to provide high-quality care. Thank you very much for your feedback and are glad you have continued to find value in Meltwater.

VP, Marketing & Communications en EE. UU.
Ingeniería industrial o mecánica, 501-1.000 empleados
Fuente: GetApp

Deceptive & Unprofessional

4,0 el mes pasado Nuevo

Comentarios: Found that Meltwater wasn't really "right" for my company and had no intention of renewing our contract after one year. I stated this when I got the renewal invoice and was told that I had to put it in writing 60 days prior to the auto-renewal in order to cancel the contract. This is not mentioned anywhere in the contract...instead, there is a link in the contract that you need to go to and read through in order to find this. Months of back and forth and threats of legal action later and I still have to pay an obscene amount of money to no longer use these services. They are unethical and deceptive, as others have said. I would not recommend using their services.

I liked that I could find mentions of my company easily.

Puntos en contra:

Articles were repeated multiple times, so really did not give an accurate representation of the writings.

Vice President Board Of Directors en Canadá
Hardware informático, 51-200 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

An acceptable tool that allows us to track our Media impact

3,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: An OK tool to use if you've been used to the platform. Recommend looking elsewhere to see if another tool can help solve your specific needs and problems.

A fairly robust way of gathering all the news about our industry, company, and competitors all in one place. Quick setup after a couple of calls with our representative.

Puntos en contra:

the boolean logic strings are difficult to configure at first. We had issues with languages/news that had nothing to do with our industry. Not easily possible to laser-in on the information that we would find relevant for mass distribution. They need to make some enhancements as the UI seems dated, and at times difficult to navigate.

Emirhan S.
Music en Turquía
Música, Trabajador autónomo

Meltwater is useful

5,0 hace 2 semanas Nuevo

Thanks to its interface and content, it is very easy and functional, saving time and work. And one of the plus aspects is that it's free.

Puntos en contra:

Although it is incomplete, it gives sufficient information.

Rameez B.
Content Developer en Sudáfrica
Comercio minorista, 1.001-5.000 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Great for customer engagement and as CRM tool

4,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: For the two years that we used Meltwater we increased our media sales and overall agent productivity. This lead to a decrease in our ques and many more satisfied customers. There are better products however Meltwater will definitely get the job done.

The CRM tool is amazing at collating and managing all social media into a chronological timeline. What I like most about this software is the interface. Very fluid and modern and easy on the eyes. It is also user-friendly, I was able to upskill many agents within 2 days maximum.

Puntos en contra:

I do feel that the reporting could be a bit more specific or customisable. Especially when pulling agent reports, there is some information which I would like to see which is not there, so perhaps allowing a more in-depth customisable report functionwould be beneficial.

Vishal B.
Vishal B.
Social media Analyst en India
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 501-1.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Simplest listening and Monitoring tool i ever used

4,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: When I was a fresher I first used Sysmos and it helps me in understanding basics about listening and monitoring, It is very easy to use and query formation in Sysomos is very simple. One thing which i like about it is that its data tagging accuracy is far better than other tools

First of all, it is very simple to use, user-friendly and quite good for small and medium companies. Data mining is very simple in it and one can extract data very easily. It covers almost everything like hashtag analysis, Demographics analysis and word cloud analysis. Data accuracy is also quite good than others. Data extracted from Sysomos has multilayer topics, it provides much information. In short, it is a very important tool for a newbie, it will help in understanding the basics of listening and monitoring

Puntos en contra:

there was a time when it used to extract data from many sources but now it only provides a chunk from twitter. Sometimes it has issues with data accuracy and time zone and the last thing is that it provides a limited amount of data.

Martin M.
Martin M.
Chief Content Officer en EE. UU.
Marketing y publicidad, 11-50 empleados

A Product in Development

3,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Meltwater is providing excellent support and their media data and reporting seems to be very reliable. We have been able to use it to make some very productive media in-roads. The software seems to be underdeveloped but hopefully they will continue to add the features needed to make it a mainstream offering.

Meltwater is easy to use and their employees pay a lot of attention to you as a client. Especially in the set-up stages, they are very attentive and schedule their follow-up effectively. The basic tools are adequate and their data seems to be reliable.

Puntos en contra:

The platform for Meltwater seems to be very immature in terms of its development. It can send newsletters but you get almost NO functionality on analytics or member tracking. Like all other SaaS companies, everything is an add-on and it is not always easy to determine what you get for the price you are being quotes. The software simply feels rudimentary in design and immature in implementation.

Ed M.
Director of Marketing and Communications en EE. UU.
Marketing y publicidad, 2-10 empleados

Meltwater - Media Outreach

4,0 hace 11 meses

Comentarios: Customer Service is TOPS - [SENSITIVE CONTENT] my rep, is always on the ball!

The ease with which to send a press release on the National newswire.

Puntos en contra:

The more options they add to the program the more expensive it becomes - there is a lot that I am unfamiliar with nor have the time or money to explore.

Enes Y.
Information Technology en Turquía
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 2-10 empleados

Meltwater Review

4,0 hace 3 semanas Nuevo

Thanks to its reporting and analysis, I can create a strategy for myself by looking at the data and this application is free. Fantastic!

Puntos en contra:

The application is not fast enough and there are delays.

Kathy W.
AVP PR en EE. UU.
Seguridad informática y de redes, 1.001-5.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

The most inclusive on the market

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: My overall experience has been good. The customer support is usually very fast and any issues always get resolved. The platform and staff are very reliable and useful.

The thoroughness of coverage and the reach is far larger than other products and the ability to customize searches, add viewers

Puntos en contra:

a few typos in search criteria setup from prior account managers - but nothing that affects its usability

hace 2 años

Kathy, we're glad to hear we have delivered such a great experience for you. Our team strives for excellent customer service and product solutions. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.

David C.
Director en EE. UU.
Administración educativa, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Deceptive business practices and horrible customer service

4,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: Avoid this company at all costs. They have unethical and deceptive business practices.

It's easy to use and offers a robust contact list for reporters and media outlets. The daily reports are also helpful in seeing media mentions and areas of interest.

Puntos en contra:

The customer service and their business practices are just unethical and deceptive. I caution anyone who is considering meltwater to understand that they will be automatically renewed for the next year if they don't give 90 days notice. Where is this listed? In a URL you have to click on that's buried in your agreement they send you. They don't separate it out, highlight it, or tell you anywhere else. Their customer service and management couldn't care less that they dupe you into another year at thousands of dollars. I wouldn't give this company the time of day, let alone my business ever again. Avoid at all costs.

el año pasado

Hi David, we appreciate your honest review. We set a high standard for ourselves, so we are disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not a positive one. We will use this as an opportunity to improve.

Amanda M.
Senior Account Executive en EE. UU.
Relaciones públicas y comunicaciones, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Great social media monitoring & journalist database tool

4,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Tip to your sales team: stop being so aggressive and reading from a script it gets very annoying.

They have an extensive journalist database and their social media platform is great. Can connect several different clients' accounts and schedule posts and the metrics are great

Puntos en contra:

Their sales team is extremely aggressive. Only hear from account reps when it's time for renewal and after you sign up they go silent when you have an actual issue.

Katie F.
Digital Content Developer en EE. UU.
Ingeniería industrial o mecánica, 1.001-5.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Meltwater is a Capable Social Monitoring Tool!

4,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: We primarily use Meltwater as a social media monitoring tool. We're a global organization, so it can be difficult to have a full picture of how our business is being referenced across the world. But Meltwater solves that problem!

Meltwater is very useful in being able to monitor what is being said about our company on a global scale on social media. I get an email every morning that shows me exactly who is saying what and on which platform. It links out to these references as well! From here I can take action and ensure that I'm staying ahead of any negative - and positive - remarks.

Puntos en contra:

Meltwater's platform can be a bit tricky to learn. It's not a very simple platform - though it's relatively drag-and-drop, but you have to be uber-aware of how to put together the lists you need so everything will be monitored correctly. That's where the Account Managers come into play. So, on the whole, if you don't have a lot of time to learn the platform. I have no doubt it's easy once you get the hang of it, but I don't have that luxury!

Senior Director of Marketing, Communication and Special Events en EE. UU.
Museos e instituciones, 51-200 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Great investment for the right company

4,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I use this software for both distributing press releases and monitoring media coverage and think the product is worth the investment if you are dealing with media on at least the national level. Only complaint is the sales staff (most likely by design of their business model) is on the pushy side to get you to renew you contact early and frquent attempts to upsell new products or features.

Meltwater is very user friendly and an excellent resource to reach media contacts (broadcast, print and online) nationality and internationally.

Puntos en contra:

Like all other public relation tools for media, Meltwater tends to have a good amount of media contacts that are out of date but that seems to be an issue accross the board. Price is high, but comparable to other similar software...but worth it if your company is trying to reach media on a national level or monitor your media coverage.

Jeff S.
CMO en EE. UU.
Internet, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

We use Meltwater Daily and Have for Years... Great tool and service.

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: We've been a customer for 3+ years and use Meltwater on a daily basis. Initially, we were mostly using the media monitoring features exclusively, and that alone was enough value to justify our account. More recently we've also been using the Influencer platform for media research and outreach and that has also proven to be extremely useful. Much of our content marketing is driven by things we're able to uncover on a daily basis using Meltwater.

The breadth of features. Ease of use and flexibility. Daily email reports, customizable Dashboards, integration with analytics and social platforms, comprehensive media/influencer database and contact platform. Outstanding proactive service and support.

Puntos en contra:

No real complaints about the software. It is very robust and even after several years, we are finding new beneficial ways to leverage Meltwater.

Douglas J.
Media and communications manager en EE. UU.
Servicios e instalaciones recreativas, 11-50 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Provides numbers and assistance we need

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Meltwater provides us with the intelligence we need and an easy-to-use platform, to boot. It's a must-have.

Meltwater is fairly intuitive to use, though their reps will walk you through everything.

Puntos en contra:

Seems there's always something new they want you to buy.

PR Manager en EE. UU.
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 51-200 empleados

Best Option in the Market

4,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: With nearly 10 years working in PR, I have had experience with Cision, Vocus, and Meltwater. There is no question that I will continue to use Meltwater in my career because it is most powerful, in my opinion. I also think that their PR distribution (which is integrated into the platform) is better than what the other players have to offer.

I use Meltwater primarily for its media database and PR distribution. The media data seems to be pretty well updated and when I request changes/additions, they are made very quickly.

Puntos en contra:

As they have updated the software, I lost some of the key features that added value to how I use it. I wish you could filter search results better, gain better snapshots of individual outreach performance from the overall list, and create news searches based on specific media lists, to name a few. Also, beware of their contract because there is an autorenewal clause no matter if your account rep has reached out to you beforehand or not. Make a note on your calendar ahead of time so that charge doesnt come as a surprise or ask them to remove it from your contract.

Social Media Specialist en EE. UU.
Marketing y publicidad, 201-500 empleados
Fuente: GetApp

Meltwater = Too Expensive For Small Business, Good For Larger Operations

4,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Overall, the algorithm changes on Instagram took away our use for discovering leads efficiently with the listening tool. The cost was no longer sustainable once it was not bringing in any additional revenue. It is a powerful tool, with great customer service, but I believe it is a little too pricey for smaller businesses.

I liked how robust the listening side of the software was. You could really dive into the results and pick up conversations that were happening around your brand that you otherwise would not have been able to see.

Puntos en contra:

What I liked least about this software was that their social inbox was just Sprout Social. I was living within the engagement side of the software and saw little additional value. For those focusing solely on social listening, I recommend looking only at the component.

Jo B.
Development Manager en RU
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 2-10 empleados

Incredibly Intuitive

5,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: The team are available on hand if needed, and very helpful and supportive of training, very much solution led in all areas. It's always been a positive experience working with them.

It's a great, easy to set up and easy to use platform, even if you're only using some of the features occasionally. In a small team it's really important to be able to utilise time effectively and this is a great tool to achieve that and cost effective too.

Puntos en contra:

Nothing really - it's easy to use and great for what our organisation currently needs.

Danielle S.
Social Media Manager en EE. UU.
Educación superior, 501-1.000 empleados

Great for social listening

4,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: Overall, this is a great tool for a PR and social media person to share and inform their work. Instead of doing a lot of manual searches online and on social media, you can get daily mentions in one simple email digest. It's a big time-saver.

I primarily use this software to keep an eye on the brand in the media for social media purposes. I like that I get a daily digest every morning at 9:30 am that helps me identify opportunities to engage with online users during the day.

Puntos en contra:

The user experience design could use some improvement.

Account Director en EE. UU.
Marketing y publicidad, 2-10 empleados

Not impressed.

3,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Media contact information and a database to determine the relevant reporters would be immensely helpful to PR professionals, unfortunately, there has yet to be a provider that does this in an efficient, accurate and updated way.

These types of tools are somewhat of a necessary evil in the PR space when it comes to looking up media contacts. Meltwater is no worse than its competitors and about half the time will have the accurate, current contact information of the relevant reporter we are looking for.

Puntos en contra:

Unfortunately the other half of the time, there is no specific contact information or publications are not even logged in the Meltwater databases. Often, every contact at a specific publication will be listed with the same generic contact email that's listed on the publication's website, making Meltwater's services essentially useless. User is also quite clunky to just be able to search for media outlets/contacts.

Gaurav M.
Manager Analytics en India
Medios online, 51-200 empleados

An awesome Social Media Listening tool for Twitter

4,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: I have been using Sysomos for almost 2 years and it has never failed to surprise me. The tool is fun to work with Twitter data however it lags when we are looking for Facebook, Blogs, Forums and Instagram mentions.
The tool is good for realtime campaign monitoring.
Downside: The customer support is not that responsive when you encounter any issue with tool like data lapse etc.
Overall it is good product when your prime focus is to monitor Twitter conversations on web.

1. Strong Twitter Monitoring 2. Effective Real Time Tracking

1. Poor customer support 2. Not so good traditional media tracking

Ana D.
PR & Communication Manager CEE/Europe en Rumanía
Productos farmacéuticos, 1.001-5.000 empleados

Review on Meltwater collaboration

5,0 el año pasado

Most relevant features are related to the fact that we could (relatively) easy see how our messages (key ones) were taken over by the media and the way these were interpreted. The universe around key topics and the geographical span.

Puntos en contra:

Reports for certain topics. Not a digest with all media impacts, but a narrative, to also include metrics for positive/negative/neutral articles.

Maxim C.
marketing manager en Canadá
Propiedad inmobiliaria, 501-1.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

convenient and clear email reports

5,0 hace 5 meses

The daily reports directly in my inbox are super convenient.

Puntos en contra:

Twitter appears a lot on the reports, which is important because people are very vocal there. But sometimes the reports show every single re-tweet in a huge disorganized list. It would be great if the original tweet could be at the top, and all the duplicate re-tweets would only appear if we chose to 'expand' a list