Opiniones de Lighthouse Studio

Sobre Lighthouse Studio

Entrevistas generales, análisis conjuntos y ejercicios MaxDiff para encuestas online, offline o en papel.

Descubre más sobre Lighthouse Studio

Flexibility, ease of use, nice and easy interface for beginners and.

Valoraciones de Lighthouse Studio

Evaluación media

Facilidad de uso
Atención al cliente
Funciones
Relación calidad-precio

Probabilidad de recomendación

Lighthouse Studio tiene una valoración global de 4,6 estrellas sobre 5 según las 168 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Has utilizado Lighthouse Studio?

Filtrar opiniones (168)

Tatiana
Tatiana
Research Director en EE. UU.

Our Main Tool for Survey Programming

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: This is the main tool we use to program surveys of any level of difficulty. Once you have done enough projects, all past surveys serve as excellent templates, on the basis of which it is possible to solve similar tasks, at the same time - customizing for specific needs.

Super versatile, completely customizable, love the endless options of implementing PERl, Java, HTML by themselves and with the help of SSI Scripts. Can look overwhelming for somebody who needs simple SurveyMonkey-style surveys, but works as a real powerhouse for those who want more. Customer support is exceptional - very responsive, can create specific pieces of codes tailored for your task. Great response time both via the phone and email.

Puntos en contra:

Just sad that the standalone version of Sawtooth Web is slowly going away and probably will seize to be at some point.

Justin
Programming Manager en EE. UU.

Lighthouse Studios Review

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Overall, I am still extremely happy and satisfied with the Sawtooth and the new Lighthouse Studios program. The customer support is second to none and the team is always available when needed. The employees are also very knowledgeable and answer any questions we have with a solution. After using Sawtooth for all 8 years of my employment at AMG Research, I do not think there is another company that could meet our needs as well as Sawtooth.

We have used Sawtooth Software for many years. Recently, we upgraded to the Lighthouse Studios version 9. I really enjoyed some of the new features like a drag and drop rank, the increased mobile responsiveness, and the next to none learning curve from the original Sawtooth Software. I could go on and one, but overall it is a very easy to use program.

Puntos en contra:

With all of the good Lighthouse Studios offers there are some things I would really like to see improved; mostly with the market simulator conjoint. In the past, Sawtooth had a program called SMRT. With SMRT, I was able to make banner variables and analyze multiple segments all at one time. That function was not added to the market simulator. Segmentation is not as easy as it had been in the past. Also, while you can customize your layout surveys, it is difficult to change the .css style sheets to change font colors, text sizes, spacing, and text styles. I have a intermediate knowledge of css and it was still very difficult for me.

Silvo
Director of Marketing Sciences en EE. UU.

Expensive

3,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: OK for what we use it for.

Efficiency for choice modelling. Not much beyond that.

Puntos en contra:

Expensive and few usability improvements over the years.

Maxwell
Analyst en EE. UU.

Deep Software That Empowers Users

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: It's been our bread and butter survey publisher for over 10 years! We love it! What else is there to say.

Nothing is impossible. While many of the new slick, glossy software competing with Sawtooth prioritize aesthetics and wide-spreading integrated functionality, they sacrifice the deeper levels of customization and flexibility that Sawtooth enables with it's native scripting language, unverified perl, and advanced skip logic functionality. While many other softwares offer you a "boxed" solution that may be easier to use for casual users, Sawtooth rewards those willing to learn by empowering them to be able to do whatever they want.

Puntos en contra:

Some interface items could be streamlined (nested menu only enable you to interact with whatever window is in focus) and the styles could be more robust with animations - Although this has never been Sawtooth's comparitive advantage, in my opinion.

Phil
Senior Customer Insights Manager en EE. UU.
Juegos de ordenador, 1.001-5.000 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Best software for choice modeling

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Use for product feature prioritization, pricing research, brand equity. LOVE working in it. It's my favorite tool.

I love the amount of customization you can do with this software. The options available for doing choice modeling are the best of any available software. The expertise behind the product is amazing as well. Customer support has helped me numerous times. The information available on the website is comprehensive and helpful. The forum is particularly well moderated.

Puntos en contra:

Not quite as user-friendly as Qualtrics for some things such as survey flow.

Duncan
Head of Marketing Science en Nueva Zelanda

My review

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: We are most often looking at price, but also other features and benefits of products and services. We haven't used the full functionality of the software (a) because we have our own interviewing and scripting software that our team uses (Dimensions) and (b) because we create our own simulators.

It is just so easy to use. And there are a number of options available when creating a design so that if one doesn't work I can try something else. Also the ability to include my own designs for modelling if I need to, which I do sometimes.

Puntos en contra:

The time taken to design and/or analyse large or complicated experiments. Sometimes it's longer than I have available, but there are other options available to me in the software which I use instead.

Julien
Data Scientist en Francia
Transporte/transporte en camión/ferrocarril, 5.001-10.000 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Very sound software, constrainted interface

4,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: That was our first use of Lighthouse.
We have made some design choices that made the analysis of the results complicated: instead of using levels adjusted to the context of the respondents, we duplicated CBC questionnaires with updated levels.
Due to lower responses that expected we had to regroup the responses, that could not be done with the tool but with the help of the support we could do it separately and feed it back in the Analysis tool.
Although not recommended that saved our analysis and we could get reasonably good results.
The flexibility of the tool was a real plus here, though there is a great margin of improvement still.

Extensive documentation. Well defined steps (Design, Run, Analysis, Simulation) with csv input/output between last 3 steps to allow adhoc processing in the middle.

Puntos en contra:

The interface of the questionnaire design is the weakness, some particular points: - impossible to keep the documentation opened while editing the questionnaire - Not possible to copy-paste CBC questions within a questionnaire - UI design of the surveys is fastiduous. we had difficulties to use standard javascript libraries in survey. Also the use of a format easier to process for the .ssi files (XML ?) would enable to update questionnaires by script.

Greg
President en EE. UU.
Consultoría de gestión, 2-10 empleados

Comprehensive Survey Software - Sawtooth

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: We rely on Lighthouse Studio for our product optimization efforts, enabling us to do scenario planning, product development prioritization and alignment to customer segment targets.

If you are in need of sophisticated analyses (e.g. conjoint, MaxDiff, etc.), there is no comparable to Sawtooth in terms of feature breadth, sophistication of exercises, and overall flexibility in survey design incorporating these complicated exercises.

Puntos en contra:

The overall UX is built for hardcore programmers, and while there is seemingly infinite flexibility, this is often too much for the modest user, and is not comparable to the other SaaS software options like Qualtrics, SurveyGizmo, Decipher or Dynata.

Vice President, Data Services en EE. UU.

Lighthouse Studio Review

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Overall good experience and I would recommend and continue using myself.

MaxDiff and general ease of use. I will be using the simulator as well once I have a better handle on it.

Puntos en contra:

Can be pretty expensive, and support can be challenging.

Sumit
Sumit
Team Lead en India
Fuente de la reseña

The software is very user friendly. Conjoint and maxdiff analysis is very powerful and recommendable

4,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Overall experience is very good that's why I have associated with this software for last 5 years.

Output of conjoint and maxdiff is very user friendly. Making customized survey is very easy. The best part is data collection in different mode like online/offline and can integrate with other platform is also helpful to sustain in market. Some desired questions are not there by default but can make it using Jquery/CSS/HTML like text highlighter/Heatmap.

Puntos en contra:

Sometimes data lost for any particular question which should not but we can find the same in history table which is good.

Claudio
Research Director en Austria

Alternativas consideradas:

Solid package, especially if you'd like to customise or if you're into Conjoint, MaxDiff etc.

4,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Compared to other survey software, Lighthouse is a solid product that has a lot of capabilities and helps develop great surveys. Sure there is a lot that could be improved (and hey, Sawtooth, if you'd like some input or ideas, you're welcome to get in touch;) but in comparison it is one of the better solutions if you are looking for a certain degree of freedom and know your way around JS, CSS, Perl etc.

Highly customisable. Tailored towards people who are developers or have a strong tendency towards developing and therefore more intuitive than other products that do have more pleasing UIs yet more cumbersome UXs. It's one of the few solutions that provide good functionality when it comes to all types of Conjoint studies, MaxDiff etc. Backwards compatibility in terms of "the interwebs" is pretty deep (supports browser and platforms way back) although that's also something that holds the software back more than it should. Offline functionality works ok - although only on Android.

Puntos en contra:

Innovation is lacking a bit. The overall architecture, look and feel of the software is almost unchanged in the past decade. Still relying heavily on jQuery and other libraries (which is totally unnecessary since almost everything can be done with vanilla JS and much reduced overhead!). The DOM and the structure comprises of a lot of jank. After all it's a web-experience and there are many things that can be improved upon to rise up to modern days web-standards to provide decent loading times, UXs for the respondents and make use of modern APIs and browser capabilities. I wish there was a more open dialog with developers in terms of roadmaps, development cycles, including suggestions etc. Offline functionality for iOS would be nice!

Paul
Computer Programmer / Analyst en Australia
Estudios de mercado, Trabajador autónomo

Why Lighthouse Studio should be in your consideration set

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I have been using the Lighthouse Studio since 2006. It has steadily grown in that time with more and more features / improvement included constantly across the journey. The Sawtooth Software team listen to their clients. They encourage you to voice your opinion. They regularly seek out your feedback for the good of their products. They really do get it right.

It contains all the standard survey question types and many of the more complex / customised question types that other software includes. It has the ability to add customised features / programming via HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Perl, etc. As with any software you become familiar with, it is easy to navigate your way around the menus and features within. The Sawtooth Software support is world class. It consists of a vibrant online forum and a generous and friendly help desk direct from Sawtooth Software themselves. I rely heavily on their ongoing support.

Puntos en contra:

I guess self interest kicks in here. There are a couple of features I would love to see included such as a bulk emailer, carousels (programmed by Sawtooth Software rather than me) and file uploading within a survey.

Steve
Technology Solutions Director en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

With you for the long run

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Lighthouse, although we don't fully utilize every feature, is exactly what we needed to accomplish the MaxDiff tasks for both our research teams and clients. If you're not sure how do do something, call them. I can almost guarantee they have the exact something you need and will definitely help you through everything. They are among the smartest in the industry and know the ins and outs of everything they give us the ability to accomplish. So even if you get everything set up, but just don't fully understand the results, they can easily help with that as well. If you're on the fence, I would highly recommend this side as the greener one.

I have used Sawtooth Software since their first days of Ci2 back in the 90s. I've used their interviewing software (CATI/CAPI), went with to Ci3 and then Sensus as they entered the Web space. Their software has always been on point, giving you all of the features needed for a complete market research system. Since the early days, I have morphed to different systems with different companies, but have come back to Lighthouse for its ability to help run MaxDiff designs. We set everything up in Sawtooth, transfer the design to our interviewing software, import it back to Lighthouse, run the scores and upload it to the online analyzer. Our teams, and even some clients really love the ease of the online analyzer that also includes TURF analysis side-by-side with the MaxDiff analysis.

Puntos en contra:

They have SO many choices for researchers, sometimes it can be difficult to know which is best for you, but if you tell them what you are trying to do, they'll get you to the exact product/service/logic you need.

Nico
Partner en EE. UU.

Alternativas consideradas:

Essential product for our business

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Has been an everyday part of our business for years. Couldn’t live without it.

Flexible and robust - does everything we need to conduct research and analyses. Excellent customer service. This product helps us provide essential services to our clients.

Puntos en contra:

Does everything we need. No concerns at all.

Daniel
Programmer en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Lighthouse Studio makes my job a joy to do.

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Overall I find Lighthouse Studio to be one of the easiest platforms to use that doesn't sacrifice features in the name of usability. Our company uses another platform for programming surveys (Voxco) and the client software for it is clumsy, and the web app lacks many of the basic features I uses for almost all surveys I program.

The built in questions and functionality are reason enough to find Lighthouse Studio worth the price, but the support and flexibility of the software are why I think it is almost the perfect solution for programming surveys. The Perl and JavaScript support gives me the ability to create almost anything a client requests. Add in the user forums and the question library, and there isn't much I cannot do with Studio.

Puntos en contra:

The only 2 features that the software is missing (at least I have not found a way to implement them) are the ability to assign custom values to items in a list ( example: on a 3 item list, such as 'yes' 'no' and 'none', the value of 'yes' will always be 1, 'no' will always be 2, and 'none' will always be 3) and project managers sometimes want that, since it is possible in another platform our company uses(Voxco). And the other is the ability to tie it into our dialing solutions for over the phone interviews. But these are not mission critical, just features that would allow us to use Studio for more projects.

Chief Solutions Officer en EE. UU.

Alternativas consideradas:

Powerful survey and conjoint tool, but needs updating

4,0 hace 8 meses

Comentarios: I have been using Lighthouse Studio for at least 7 years and it amazes me how powerful and customizable it is. Granted, to take full advantage you need at least some familiarity with CSS, JavaScript and Perl, but with some pretty basic knowledge you can create truly beautiful surveys.
Over the past 18 months or so we have been moving more and more toward systems integration. For example I have a custom panel of participants living over in Database A. I want them to move into/thru a survey on Lighthouse, then depending on their responses send them to Database B or Database C, or send them follow-up SMS or email messages. Lastly, we have switched to reporting from a Dashboard and want pull data directly from lighthouse to the dashboard. While all of this is do-able, it requires a great deal of work and could be improved to make it easier and more fluid.

Lighthouse is an incredibly powerful survey tool that allows for a great deal of customization. It also has a very strong Conjoint exercise creator.

Puntos en contra:

It is built on an older programming language (perl) which limits the ease of doing things such as connecting data to a dashboard or working with API's.

Respuesta de Sawtooth Software

hace 8 meses

Thanks for your fair and honest review. We've shared it with the team, so they can be aware of your desire and need for data integration improvements.

Steven
Senior Researcher en EE. UU.

Sawtooth Lighthouse Studio Not Just for Conjoint Anymore

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: It gets the job done and allows us to explore new ways of surveying people.

Sawtooth's Lighthouse Studio is a great overall survey tool. My first introduction to Sawtooth was over 30 years ago doing conjoint surveys offline. And for years I had pretty much considered them the go-to firm for conjoint design software. But I have been using Sawtooth as my primary survey software for about seven years now. It does everything we need. And their customer support is wonderful. Every so often we have a new use that no one has done before. The techs at Sawtooth are always up to the challenge.

Puntos en contra:

Styles may not be as fashionable as some of the alternatives, but the system is exceptionally flexible.

ROD
President en EE. UU.

Lighthouse By Far the Best

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: We have programmed thousands of surveys with Lighthouse for companies in various industries around the world. We are a full-service market research company, and Lighthouse is our primary data collection tool.

We have used Lighthouse / SSI_Web / CiW for 20+ years. It is by far the best survey authoring software available, and Sawtooth's MaxDiff and conjoint modules speak for themselves. Rapid development / programming. Hosting included with license. Much easier to program and more powerful than the online portal systems such as Decipher, Qualtrics, Confirmit, etc. Perl language easy to implement as well as JavaScript. Works great on mobile. Support is the best!

Puntos en contra:

FIrst and foremost - The online reporting module stinks. This is where the online portal systems such as Decipher and Qualtrics blow Lighthouse away. The quotas only tally when a survey is completed. If you add a new quota cell midstream, current completes are not tallied. They need to have the quotas hit the database server real-time instead of tally with completes.

Geoffrey
Director, Online en EE. UU.

Heavy Lighthouse User

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: We've used Sawtooth Software going back to Dos, and have always found them to be easy to work with, great customer support and well priced. And, since we do so much conjoint work, why not go straight to the source?

It is a great out-of-the-box software that is simple to setup and use, but there are a lot of ways to get advanced functionality from the software, using different programming languages. It's almost limitless what can be done with some advanced programming, and there are many additional question types available from the user library.

Puntos en contra:

Some of the advanced programming is a little out of my league, and while knowing things can be done just not knowing exactly how to do them is a little frustrating.

Scott
Sr. Vice President en EE. UU.

Very robust survey platform

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: We have been using Lighthouse Studio and it predecessors for many years - more than ten. The upgrades and enhancements have been sufficient for our needs. We recently investigated Quatrics survey platform and the list of things we discovered that Qualtics couldn't do that Lighthouse could grew quickly and we ended our investigation. Quatrics is a very nice product, but I think Lighthouse is better.

There are virtually no constraints on the types of questions, survey elements, design elements, etc. that you can include in a survey. This makes Lighthouse not quite as easy to use as some of the others, but for a firm such as ours, these capabilities are a must. We have compared it to almost every other product on the market and have never really been close to switching away.

Puntos en contra:

I wish it were a bit cheaper and I wish it would cater more toward general survey administration rather than advanced statistical procedures. It's not a 'complete' solution in that it lacks a list management/email invitation module. The reporting backend is robust, but a way to make nice looking client dashboards would be a good add.

Megan
Founder en EE. UU.

The Gold Standard for Choice Based Research

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: We use Lighthouse Studio for 100% of our projects because of it's flexibility and power. I can program anything my clients can come up and trust that the conjoint modules are the vetted and correct. Not to mention, if I ever have an issue, the Customer Support team is always there to help answer my questions.

Sawtooth Software is the most powerful choice based survey and analysis tool that exists today. I can easily create a conjoint or maxdiff exercise along with programming non-conjoint questions. Not to mention, I can completely customize my designs or survey as needed. Our business uses Sawtooth Software as the sole programming software for our research needs. We also leverage Sawtooth's incredible customer support hotline and their online user forum when we have tricky questions and need help. The support team is amazing!

Puntos en contra:

The desktop software may look a little dated, but its power and capabilities overcome this!

Kegan
Senior Strategic Advisory Lead en EE. UU.
Entretenimiento, 1.001-5.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

UI is Ugly, but the results are beautiful

4,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: We use Lighthouse to build many different types of survey for a variety of applications (from doing concept testing for new monetization products, to tracking sentiment, to measuring interest in new game ideas). It has consistently provided us with the tools we need to segment easily, and create differentiated stack ranks of preference. I love Lighthouse Studio, despite the way it looks.

I love that Lighthouse Studio allows us to design and analyze choice task surveys with ease. I especially love the LCA functionality that is built in.

Puntos en contra:

The UI is not very good. It looks like it was made by Russian hackers. It isn't as drag and drop as other survey design software I've used in the past (e.g. Qualtrics). These issues are less important to me than the capabilities the software offers, and the way it has transformed our research approaches at Riot.

Max
Senior Research Manager en Alemania
Fuente de la reseña

Easy to learn, difficult to master survey software with a lot of freedoms

4,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: All in all, Lighthouse is a very good choice for all those who want to set up complex online surveys and who need a lot of freedom (e.g. in filter management, design customization or quota control). If you regularly carry out conjoint analyses, there is no getting around the program. If you prefer fancy user interfaces and want to carry out relatively simple surveys, where nothing can go wrong with the programming, even with infrequent users, you should use something else.

Sawtooth is incredibly flexible and lets the user conduct even the most complex online surveys. Especially the conjoint features are absolutely unbeaten. The design of the online surveys is modern and automatically optimized for mobile use. Even the integration of a dedicated survey server is relatively simple. Customer service is excellent and fast.

Puntos en contra:

The freedoms come at a price: anything that goes beyond a simple survey is quite complex and requires employees who are at least familiar with a little coding. The design of the user interface could also use a few updates.

Mark
Programmer en EE. UU.

The Best Software Package For Conjoint and Maxdiff Data Collection and Analysis

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Sawtooth Software delivers a high-end, user friendly, robust software package, high level support personnel and access to them, when the need is there, that allows our business to service our customer's needs in their market research. We are fortunate to be able to present to our clients the latest research techniques and solutions with Sawtooth Software's Lighthouse Studio.

The ability to build custom studies in conjoint analysis and maximum difference scaling for our client's market research needs for data collection and comprehensive analysis. I have been using this software for a very long time. I am excited for each new release of more advanced function, the integration of new techniques, and new data analysis I've have the opportunity to provide our clients. And besides the software, I am always impressed by their superb support. They care about the problem and their users.

Puntos en contra:

I love the software. I love the support. I love the expertise exhibited by the developers and support personal.

Managing Director en EE. UU.
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Sawtooth's product quality and performance are understated

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I am not doing individual survey project work anymore, but instead trying to figure out how to handle a very large number of respondents efficiently using virtual cloud architecture. Challenges include not only how to make sure your product will run in a server whose operating system may be foreign to the one you use, but how you manage to offload data from the servers quickly enough to handle new logins. You might call this the "streaming respondent" problem.

It makes it easier to get around in things like self-hosting and providing client-ready monitoring tools.

Puntos en contra:

I've discussed this with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] before, but I want to mention that there has been a significant development in behavioral theory (economics, finance, etc.) that should be considered for future development. For example, Drazen Prelec at MIT several years ago proposed a simple model for assessing how truthful respondents are on single-item response scales. There are other articles in this area - just the "moral hazard" problem, as well as the "adverse selection" problem (propensity for survey participants to lie about their qualifications in order to be selected for the sample). The folks in these areas are a bit off the mainstream of behavioral economics or psychology, but since the work by Jean Lafontte (sp?) in the 1980s (UChicago?), some important findings have been offered.