Opiniones de Forest Metrix

Sobre Forest Metrix

Aplicación de tableta para inventarios forestales y estimación de madera en pie. Integra GPS, cámara, mapas y datos ecológicos. Calcula volúmenes, muy personalizables.

Descubre más sobre Forest Metrix

Great product for a reasonable price. The fact that it is an app on the iphone means I don't have to purchase an additional hand held data collector.

Puntos en contra:

Keeping up with FileMaker and program updates that change the page layout and some of the formatting is a minor inconvenience.

Valoraciones de Forest Metrix

Evaluación media

Facilidad de uso
4,0
Atención al cliente
Funciones
Relación calidad-precio

Probabilidad de recomendación

Forest Metrix tiene una valoración global de 4,4 estrellas sobre 5 según las 13 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

Filtrar opiniones (13)

Valoración del producto

Valoración del producto

Países

Países

Uso

Ordenar por

¿Has utilizado Forest Metrix?

Filtrar opiniones (13)

Dana D.
Dana D.
Co-Owner en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

very intuitive software. I really like the fact that it is used on an iphone app!

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Saves time with data processing

Puntos en contra:

I wish I could save templates for common reports that I write. I have to paste data into excel spreadsheets every time I prepare reports

Jacob T.
Fuente de la reseña

Great features, easy to use, great quality, and customer support is excellent.

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: It has helped save time in the office. I can calculate everything right in the field with the tap of a finger. Even estimated values of the timber.

So many features and functions, and after playing with it, to get to know the software, very easy to use. And you can use it on your ipad, which is great with mapping apps and built in gps.

Puntos en contra:

It takes a few trial runs to get to know the software, which it does with any new piece of equipment. Some of the excel reports might scare you at first, but they can be customized to fit your needs.

Aaron E.
Fuente de la reseña

Promising from the beginning but has not improved in areas that present challenges for me...

3,0 hace 5 años

Great charts and tables A lot of options if you know how to use them If you are technically savvy, then this is the way to go!

Patrick H.
Consulting Forester en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

This software has saved me a lot of time from woods to office. It has everything that I need.

4,0 hace 4 años

It has everything you need in a forestry software and the fact that you can use it on a device like and iPad of iPhone that you can use outside of forestry makes it that much more useful. It is very simple to use and accomplish all of my goals and it is a very good program to use. Very nice user interface on a big screen.

Puntos en contra:

The only downside is the gps capability. It is by no means bad, but I find I need to use another gps to accomplish everything I would need a gps to do. The gps functionality is limited to the inventory. I have had no issues getting gps data off of the software.

Charles C.
Professional Forester en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

I've used Forest Metrix as. Consulting Forester for 4 years. I consider it an excellent investment.

4,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Able to keep all timber cruising services in house. No need to farm out this service...regardless of size of land base. 10 acres and up. Everything I need to setup a cruise is on my tablet (Ipad) no need to plan a cruise entirely in the office..can setup. software and cruise on the fly.

Ease of use for inclusion of graphs and tables into forest management plans. Excellent customer service. On the fly stats tell me when I've collected enough cruise points to satisfy requirements landowner or governing entities.

Puntos en contra:

Any issues have been easilly rectified with customer service. Makes it hard when out in the field and experience an issue.

Communications Director en EE. UU.

Best option for WYSIWYG

4,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: WYSIWYG coding is really tricky, and I think they still have plenty of bugs to work out. Overall though, it's a good option for small nonprofits. I wouldn't use it if I had any budget to hire a real designer unless they knew how to go in there and code things so I could just use the user-friendly interface.

You can make really attractive, professional-looking websites without much design experience. They have some really good templates.

Puntos en contra:

It's hard to make any changes to the templates, and it can be hard to figure out how the templates work and finagling them to make your site look as good as the demo. You can't change things like header photo size, which I want control over. And as you're making changes to your site with a new template, it publishes all of those changes to the current live site even though it says it won't.

Makrem N.
professeur en Túnez
Producción de alimentos, 51-200 empleados

Forest Metrix en deux mots

4,0 hace 5 meses

produit pour un prix raisonnable. Le fait qu'il s'agisse d'une application sur iPhone signifie que je n'ai pas besoin d'acheter un collecteur de données portable supplémentaire

Puntos en contra:

Je dois coller des données dans des feuilles de calcul Excel chaque fois que je prépare des rapports

Bruce W.
Fuente de la reseña

Consulting forester working with smaller parcels

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Works very well with the way I like to do things.

Ease of use in the field and customization for my own methodology. Very wide choice of features. The power of using an iPad and all of its compatibility.

Puntos en contra:

Excel spreadsheet requires considerable knowledge of the software. Had a fairly steep learning curve, and it still takes more time in the office than I expected.

Kevin B.
Senior Forester en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Friendly and very knowledgeable support!

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Customizable for specific application. Customizable reports. Easy to enter data in the field.

Runs on my smartphone, and generates the ability to really dig deep into the analysis of inventory data on the spreadsheet app.

Puntos en contra:

The cost is rather steep, but I understand the limited market and massive development costs. I would like to see it priced more in the range per year.

Darton D.
Owner en EE. UU.

Works Well On Apple Devices

Comentarios: Increased productivity.

I like its easy to use interface and display layout. The reports it is able to produce are also really useful and easy.

Puntos en contra:

I don't like its lack of functionality outside of iPhones and iPads. It is fairly costly, but it does do what it purports to well.

Bob W.
Owner- Procurement Manager en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

I am old school so the software is capable of doing more than I probably need but still a great tool

5,0 hace 4 años

I am able to use my old volume tables that I have been using for years. Donn actually customized the software to include my volume tables. Very nice.

Puntos en contra:

Too many steps when setting up a new cruise in mixed stands. It would be nice to have tree species available in some form similar to what is found in ICruise Pro.

Alex B.
Fuente de la reseña

I use Forest Metrix for a range of work- from sampling for forest management plans to tallying trees

3,0 hace 4 años

Simple, logical, straightforward interface. You can take pictures associated with plots. Moving plots between stands is easy.

Puntos en contra:

It is currently difficult to collate non-tree data from sample points. Exporting photos is difficult and they aren't tagged by plot.

Joan N.
Fuente de la reseña

Served my needs for forest inventory data collection.

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Increased my production time in the field.

Easy to input data. Easy to customize data collection. Excellent customer support. Field friendly.

Puntos en contra:

Reports are bit too cumbersome but once you have used the software enough you can figure out what data you really need.