Opiniones de Cision

Sobre Cision

Cision es líder mundial en software y servicios de gestión de boca a boca para profesionales de las relaciones públicas y la comunicación de marketing.

Descubre más sobre Cision

The HARO subscription that comes with this product is incredibly handy. The contact database is useful, especially when I was trying to find blogs willing to review a new product.

Valoraciones de Cision

3,9
Relación calidad-precio
3,6

Probabilidad de recomendación

Cision tiene una valoración global de 3,9 estrellas sobre 5 según las 78 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Has utilizado Cision?

Filtrar opiniones (78)

Heather W.
Heather W.
Director Of Communications en EE. UU.
Electrónica de consumo, 51-200 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

One stop shop for PR professionals

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Use it as a daily tool for media and influencer outreach.

You get contact info from journalist that you wouldn't be able to find online. And they all have opted in. Great search tool to find new outlets and great monitoring service.

Puntos en contra:

Expensive software but you are purchasing a lot of contact information. Great if you have a big PR initiative, otherwise it's hard to validate the expense

Scott M.
Vice President en EE. UU.
Relaciones públicas y comunicaciones, 51-200 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

No longer the industry leader for media research

4,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: Every serious agency needs a media research tool in order to build and execute media relations campaigns; we're no exception. Media research is largely the only thing we've used from Cision. Our team has become disillusioned with how difficult it has become to create meaningful media lists. So much so that we're likely to transition away from Cision when our contract expires.

Cision has always been the gold standard for media research. The robust platform boasted hundreds of updates daily, and the media list output has been largely reliable.

Puntos en contra:

Unfortunately, Cision either suffers from poor leadership, poor vision, a lack of care for its customers, or some combination of all the above. Aside from the fact that the results are no longer as reliable as they used to be, each and every update to the user interface has made the platform worse. The UX is not intuitive or easy to use. The customer service is not remarkable in any way. The technical support is a bit of a disaster.

Chris C.
Chris C.
VP Brand Strategy en EE. UU.
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 5.001-10.000 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Quality of information gathering seems to have gone down

3,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: We use Cision to monitor media mentions and for their media database

I've used Cision on and off throughout my (long) career. It has always been 'on top of things'. I always felt it was innovative and did a good job of gathering media data.

Puntos en contra:

I've found that the database isn't as user friendly as some of the other databases that are out there. I also have a subscription to a competitor and have found that Cision does not pull in the same articles as this competitor.

Corey J.
Corey J.
Director of Strategic Communications en Canadá
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 51-200 empleados

Keeps Us Current!

4,0 hace 4 meses

Comentarios: Has really improved as our media presence has grown and have no reason to switch to another provider.

Cision allows us to know every time we are mentioned in the media, which gives us the opportunity to not only track where we are and what is said about us, but also share that media with our followers on social platforms. Cision is also crucial in our media outreach, especially when contacting local media where we may not have regular contacts.

Puntos en contra:

A lot of the searches, you need help with their client relations folks, who are amazing, but it's an extra step we don't always have time for.

Bruce F.
Bruce F.
Sales & Marketing Manager en Suiza
Administración educativa, 1.001-5.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

An integral tool for social media marketing

4,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: We have an opinion that this service is a great solution for social media marketing. It can help you to build new contacts, make researches and communicate with clients. Moreover, it is easy to use, so you need to try it for sure.

There is no doubt that Cision is a perfect tool for marketing. This service offers the easiest way to find a particular influencer. With a help of a special menu, you can choose a precise category and choose a proper category in order to get an exact outcome. Moreover, it offers to pick up a theme or a location in order to find a person that is connected with the same informational field as you do. Cision is a great service for social media marketing. It has a solid database, flexible and user-friendly interface and many useful tools for marketing. With its assistance, you can turn into reality different marketing strategies within a second.

Puntos en contra:

Unfortunately, Cision isn’t perfect. An automated search doesn’t work properly, so you to rely only on your personal research. Despite the fact that Cision has a profound database, it still lacks the data itself. Sometimes, their researches can be a little bit slow and there is no chance to find a particular person that you really want to find. Moreover, if you don’t know the right name of the influencer, you won’t find him or her at all.

Christine J.
Christine J.
Associate Publicist; Crown, Hogarth, and Random House en EE. UU.
Edición, 5.001-10.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

A publicist's dream - perfect for researching media contacts

4,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: We use Cision for all of our pitching needs, and it's an invaluable tool for us. I've built lists for specific media campaigns using Cision's "covering..." function, and found niche outlets that I wouldn't have otherwise found. Overall, Cision is a great one-stop for most publicity needs.

I love how easy it is to look up an outlet and find the correct contact to reach out to with a particular pitch. It's also extremely easy to look up outlet circulations, which we research all of the time in order to maximize visibility. Cision is normally pretty up-to-date with different outlets, which is impressive in a constantly shifting media landscape.

Puntos en contra:

Sometimes the search requirements can be a little too specific, and an outlet has to be typed in a very specific way to appear (i.e. with or without "the" in front, etc.) It'd be great if there were suggested terms, similar to Google, so that if you don't know the exact spelling of a last name you could still track down the contact.

Account Director en EE. UU.
Relaciones públicas y comunicaciones, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Can't live with it, Can't live without it

3,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: When it comes to media databases, none are really amazing. Cision is one of the top contenders and a necessary evil for PR.

Cision works when you want to find a specific reporter's email; i.e. you know their name and publication. It's also helpful in figuring out the email formats of different publications.

Puntos en contra:

It's not very intuitive. If you type in the name of an outlet, for example, all outlets that have any part of the words used in the query will appear. Results require a lot of manual sorting to figure out what is relevant to your search and what isn't.

Associate Digital Strategist en EE. UU.
Relaciones públicas y comunicaciones, 1.001-5.000 empleados

Cision

3,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: While its a business necessity for my line of work, Cision could be a smoother experience overall and could be more user friendly.

Cision is a great resource to have when evaluating media outlets and using it as a database to access contacts of these media outlets

Puntos en contra:

Hard to navigate, UVM seems overly inflated, and not all the outlets are accessible online. Also, when searching for outlets its hard to navigate because the online version of news is considered a separate outlet from the paper or magazine version, when they're owned by the same entity.

Cris R.
Cris R.
Assistant Content Marketing Manager en EE. UU.
Redacción y edición, 501-1.000 empleados

Great tool for PR

5,0 hace 10 meses

We use this to help build our media lists to reach out to media with

Puntos en contra:

I feel like the breadth of reporters on this database is not good as some other reporter databases.

VP MarCom en EE. UU.
Educación superior, 201-500 empleados

Powerful but less relevant

4,0 hace 6 meses

Useful database of media contacts, very helpful in identifying key contacts as we moved into new markets.

Puntos en contra:

Unfortunately, with the changing landscape of journalism and the disappearance of "beat" reporters, the usefulness of the product decreased for us.

Heather H.
Content Marketing Manager en EE. UU.
Servicios para el consumidor, 501-1.000 empleados

I want to like it

3,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I was actually the person who convinced my boss to purchase Cision for a start-up I was at in 2018. It was helpful, but I'm not sure if it was entirely worth the expense. In part, it was because I didn't have buy-in from necessary stakeholders and there was a significant time investment to sifting through to find contacts. In my current position, I inherited Cision from a predecessor. Again, I feel the money could be better spent elsewhere. Again, it's probably because less the platforms fault and more because we don't have the internal resources to fully dedicate to PR. I've always found the customer service there to be incredibly friendly and helpful.

Puntos en contra:

The search felt a little cumbersome at times, and I've come across some outdated data. It's very labor intensive to sift through to find valuable contacts and establish a rapport with them. The software doesn't replace a PR professional with solid industry contacts. It bothers me that I can't set up my own listening devices and had to reach out to our rep any time I wanted to make a change. I've yet to come across anything in their that didn't pop up on other alerts I have set up in other platforms, so that piece of the software felt redundant for me.

David Z.
Head of PR en EE. UU.
Software informático, 201-500 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Ok media database, good monitoring, and everything else is disappointing.

3,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Ok media database, good monitoring, and everything else is disappointing.

The Cision database is fairly complete. If you know who you are looking for, you can usually find their name and contact information there. The news monitoring function — alerts which track news published online — does a fairly good job of giving me a heads-up about coverage. If you want to track coverage by source type against particular names or keywords, Cision monitoring will sometimes produce sources that Google alerts will not, and it will usually beat the alerts by a day or so.

Puntos en contra:

Reporter discovery is hard. Beat designations within Cision seem very rudimentary and “thick”— reporters listed as “Technology,” for instance, might cover “artificial intelligence” or “embedded analytics” or “machine learning” or some combination of the three. Given the fact that an off-beat pitch can easily result in a communications representative being added to a reporter’s spam list, it’s critical that you know exactly what a reporter is writing about, or risk having no way to contact a reporter ever again. For media search, I needed Boolean search. Cision promised that functionality but, without getting too far into the limitations of their archiving, their provider agreements, and their search functionality, I found it a very clunky and inefficient way to search coverage on the fly. It's also super frustrating to be told that a publication is "in the database" but isn't searchable, because of licensing covenants.

Digital Marketing Manager en EE. UU.
Relaciones públicas y comunicaciones, 11-50 empleados

A solid tool

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Would recommend Cision for capturing media coverage.

I use Cision at least on a weekly basis to search for media coverage for a multitude of clients. What a lifesaver. It does an amazing job to find media coverage worldwide and some stuff on social media.

Puntos en contra:

It takes a while to set up for each client. Thank god that Cision support helps with this. Sometimes connecting with your Cision rep is difficult and takes time. Their social media coverage needs some work but they have made strides.

Senior Account Executive en EE. UU.
Marketing y publicidad, 11-50 empleados

Still the Industry Leader

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Again, Cision still rules the field. Having had experience with several other similar platforms I can say that it remains the most reliable product out there to get the job done.

While many will say that the platform is a bit dated, Cision remains the gold standard in its field. The reliability, usability, and overall data quality makes me an extremely satisfied customer. Cision certainly excels at obtaining contact information and list building.

Puntos en contra:

Cision's data analysis could be better. I often find myself using a service like Netbase to get deeper data concerning "what" people are saying exactly.

Megan S.
Administrative PR Specialist en
10.000+ empleados
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Used it during Vocus/Cision transition

3,0 hace 5 años

Access to tens of thousands of journalists is useful as a PR practitioner. It also does a great job of tracking insights like tone and monitoring where your organization appears in the news.

Puntos en contra:

We constantly found journalists who hadn't been at their newspaper for over two years. Contact information is frequently outdated. The cost is practically that of a full-time employee. The PRWeb newswire they advertise frequently sends releases to websites with zero traffic, but counts it as a hit. And while their analytics are useful, I'd often go back to a prior month and run the same search string as before and be returned different numbers than the first time. It's hard to trust data that doesn't remain constant.

Account Coordinator en EE. UU.
51-200 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Quick, easy to use, impactful

4,0 hace 4 años

As a PR professional, Cision is vital to me. I use it everyday and it can be a huge help in identifying targets across the globe. They are always updating the platform and making it easy to save and search lists.

Puntos en contra:

I don't like how when you use the quick search, having the right spacing of the publication name is important to finding the publication. Additionally, cision will sometimes kick you out of the platform while you are working on lists and those lists wont get saved and you have to start all over. The look and feel of the platform is a little outdated and could use a refresh.

Dan C.
Senior Director of Media Relations en EE. UU.
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 1.001-5.000 empleados

Cision for your Media Needs

4,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Have been using CISION for years, back when it was VOCUS. It's my go-to, use-every-day tool that helps me keep track of media placements and what I use for media distribution given that CISION is the only such tool that gives me access to both PRWeb and PRNewswire.

Great for doing research on publications, writers, etc., and superb tool for media release distribution.

Puntos en contra:

Cost. It's a great tool, but not inexpensive.

Eli S.
Sr. Comms Associate en EE. UU.
Relaciones públicas y comunicaciones, 11-50 empleados

Great features

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Constantly improving experience for customers and would recommend.

Reporter database constantly updated, new features including social accounts and connections to other reporters covering similar topics are great

Puntos en contra:

Sometimes can be hard to find niche outlets or outlets without clearly defined roles for staff to pitch

Lea L.
Director, Marketing Communications en
1.001-5.000 empleados
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Good if you're on a budget, but...

2,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: I'm so disappointed with all of the people I've encountered at Cision over the past 18 months.

This is a great affordable solution for those monitoring their media (and social media) mentions and you're on a budget.

Puntos en contra:

1. The interface is clunky 2. Sometimes they miss monitoring sites that may be firewall/subscription protected 3. Customer services isn't the best - you are dependent on Cision to change the keywords you're monitoring for vs having the freedom to do it yourself. 4. Training was not clear. We went through it several times, and never received the same guidance. Very confusing. And when there were changes mid-subscription, it took a week to get our new updates implemented and support to use the newer interact. 5. When renewing our service, our sales rep made promises on the phone and discussed price with us. We received a contract a week later with 5 days to sign and return it OR they threatened to increase our price by 5-7%! Completely unacceptable, as we have had a relationship with Cision for years! Our company has a process to sign a contract, and it's definitely longer than 5 days!

Courtney R.
PR Specialist en EE. UU.
Marketing y publicidad, 11-50 empleados

Cision review

4,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: My company can distribute materials in a broad and efficient manner thanks to Cision!

I like that Cision stores journalists information in a neat and efficient manner, making it easy to personally reach out and mass distribute public relations material.

Puntos en contra:

I don't like that Cision's contact information can be outdated.

Jacqueline F.
Account Executive en EE. UU.
Relaciones públicas y comunicaciones, 51-200 empleados

Easy to use

4,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I use Cision on a daily basis to reach out to the media with brand press releases. It is reliable and very user friendly.

I like that you can populate targeted results very easily!

Puntos en contra:

I wish the contacts were updated. I also wish we could edit lists once they are created.

Publicist en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Good tool for media contacts.

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: You need the contacts, Vocus has them.

Lots of great media contacts for all categories from technology to finance, consumer products to juvenile goods and everything in between.

Puntos en contra:

It's expensive. I get that it is hard to keep these lists current with all the movement and magazine closings...

Joshua T.
Joshua T.
Digital Marketing Specialist en EE. UU.
Internet, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Cision does the work for you

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: We did a lot of manual grind searching in Google and Bing for opportunities, Cision has helped us quicken that process without worrying if we had a good resource to reach out to or not.

The ability to reach out and find people for link ops or for content ops is amazing. The reach and database they have built for this is impressive. We've done several "expert pieces" for clients and the fact we can use this to curate the content we have has sped up our process. Cision's quality of reporters is also nice to trust. We know they don't let just anyone in their database and it allows us to pick and chose who we want to work with.

Puntos en contra:

It's pricey, but you pay for the high quality of resources which benefits you and your clients in the long run.

Alex V.
Alex V.
Vice President en EE. UU.
Asuntos internacionales, 1.001-5.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Great database and ability to filter contacts

4,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Powerful list building and monitoring capabilities

Cision put monitoring, and outreach together in one platform and made it easy to build media lists of relevant contacts

Puntos en contra:

I was using an older version of Cision (CisionPoint) which was very slow, but this appears to have been fixed in the new cloud platform. Not intuitive or easy to fix search terms (again I think this has been updated)

Jessica S.
Public Relations Manager en Emiratos Árabes Unidos
Organización de eventos, 201-500 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Time saver boon for media database build-up

4,0 hace 5 años

Cision is an invaluable asset when it comes to building media databases quickly and effectively. I manage public relations across different countries, and this tool helps me save a considerable amount of time and resources. Not only it provides journalists' names, contact details, interests and social media accounts: Cision also offers outlet stats, including readership and ad rates, as well as editorial opportunities. A great aid when it comes to pitching the right story to the right journalist.

Puntos en contra:

Cision's database is vast but it's not complete. Not all media contacts are actually working and updated, so there's a certain probability to get few bounce emails. Another minus is that it does not provide a list of the journalists' latest published articles - a functionality offered by Cision's competitors, which is extremely helpful when pitching to the media -.