Opiniones de AIM

Sobre AIM

AIM es un completo software empresarial de punto de venta, gestión de inventarios y contabilidad para el sector de comercios minoristas. (AIM es compatible con EMV [Europay, MasterCard, Visa]).

Descubre más sobre AIM

We came back to AIM in 2019 and went all in with the full point of sale system and we've never looked back. We highly recommend AIM.

Puntos en contra:

The system crashed a few times. It is difficult to learn.

Valoraciones de AIM

Funcionalidades
Relación calidad-precio
4,0

Probabilidad de recomendación

AIM tiene una valoración global de 4,1 estrellas sobre 5 según las 199 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Has utilizado AIM?

Filtrar opiniones (199)

Founder en EE. UU.
Servicios para el consumidor
Fuente de la reseña

Its really easy to make reports which is good for this type of software

5,0 hace 5 años

I really like how you can easily generate reports, that's important for my business and I believe this software can do the best job of it.

Puntos en contra:

I don't like that's a little clunky to use, but that should go without saying because this is super complex software we're dealing with here.

Mitch
Manager en EE. UU.

Alternativas consideradas:

Small shop with multiple needs

5,0 hace 4 meses

Comentarios: Overall the POS has helped us make large improvements to how we do bussines. In many small ways the software is inflexable and since we have an owner with a CPA he has noted that the accounting side of the software is not as intuitive as others like quickbooks. As we get more familiar with it things are making more sense but the learning curve for the accounting reports is steeper than expected.

Customizing the menu system makes it easy to help new users get familiar.

Puntos en contra:

The bugs that we do have often leave issues that take time to find or resolve after the initial issue is corrected.

Aaron
Owner/Manager en
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

It's a shame - good ideas, bad execution.

1,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: There are a lot of good ideas in this software, but things like a staff that's not on the same page, and a long-awaited refresh of their base tech keep AIMsi a frustrating software package. We stay because our lesson program is to big to be handled by any other solutions we looked at, but I would advise others to hold off until their promised rebuild is released.

Lesson management is good. Inventory management and sales are serviceable.

Puntos en contra:

Built on outdated technology, which means the system will get slower and more bloated as your business grows. Simple ancillaries (like date lookup) require Googling to find outdated Microsoft files when you replace computers, and support won't have those files available. E-commerce is excruciatingly complex to execute; why must it be this complicated when options like Squarespace and Shopify exist? They don't require the user to learn XML to take full advantage of their features. The PO system is convoluted, the workflow makes no sense. Inventory management could stand to lose some processes to speed things up and make it more understandable. Reporting doesn't make much sense, either. But the most frustrating part for us has been the staff. Calling support is rarely a good experience; it often sounded like someone was paging through a manual to find a solution. Recently, I found out why: support is tiered, and we are on the lowest tier. I've been using this software for 5 years, and no one at TriTech offered us an upgrade. Online help files don't offer much more in the way of assistance. Navigation is clunky, and entries are often incomplete or outdated. We've also experienced the classic "sales promises features that developers say can't be done" routine. The most recent involved running their product on a Windows tablet - sales said it could be done, but later, support said it was only possible using Remote Desktop Protocol (a thing I wish I knew before I purchased the Windows tablet & an additional license). More than once, I've been scolded by sales for "not understanding how [their] software works." They require you to buy gift cards & hardware through them, at a substantial markup. I'm getting frustrated just thinking about this stuff...

Joe
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

The BEST option for almost any industry.

5,0 hace 3 meses

It is very customizable. Along with automating some processes, you can have everything completed with a click or a touch

Puntos en contra:

Be prepared to watch a lot of videos to learn how to set up and use AIM. You will also need to build your specific training documentation for your company.

Kellie
Office Manager en EE. UU.

Product Review

5,0 hace 4 meses

Comentarios: My overall experience has been great. From the beginning the help to set this program up for our needs was challenging but very successful. Josh, our salesman has been nothing but helpful and informative and always replys quickly and is always checking in. That is very important to us, someone who takes the time to email every so often to check in and make sure everything is going well. If we have a question he always responds quickly.

The more we use the software the more we learn and love the product. We use this software everyday runnig reports, for our POS, inventory, and much more. We love the button feature to make everyday use easy.

Puntos en contra:

I find that it is hard to find a credit card company that is compliant with AIM.

Janice
Controller en EE. UU.
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

A jewel in a difficult and expensive industry

Comentarios: We deployed, then 4 years later deployed ecommerce

Ease of Use, Cost, Customer Service, Merchant Services relationship.

Puntos en contra:

Canned Reports are often minimal, but I summarize them in complex Xcel worksheets

Irvin
CEO en EE. UU.

AIM by Tri Tech

4,0 hace 5 meses

Comentarios: Inventory Control.

Retail POS, Service, Rental programs all in one program.

Puntos en contra:

When you ring up retail items, a rental, & a service ticket at the same time for a customer it creates 3 different transactions for the same payment, thus listing 3 different payments on your deposit report for 1 transaction.

Devon
​eCommerce Manager en Canadá

TriTech AIM Review

5,0 hace 4 meses

Comentarios: Overall, I am very happy with this AIM. It has made our business run smoother and has opened up some avenues to us that were previously not feasible.

We sell firearms, and the built in A&D Book is a critical component to our business. Once setup, this feature makes tracking of firearms incredibly simple .

Puntos en contra:

The management of sale prices for our products needs to be revamped and is currently both difficult and convoluted to use. In my opinion, this is easily the area of the software that could most benefit from improvement.

Eric
VP OPERATIONS en EE. UU.

Alternativas consideradas:

Overall great value and awesome tech support

3,0 hace 5 meses

Comentarios: Overall I would buy the software again. Great people, knowledge and they absolutely show concern about your business. The software, on a basic level, is easy to learn for new employees. I've seen many positive changes in the last two years and I'm sticking around to see what's next!

Easy.......... The fact it can communicate by sending auto calls and text to my customers and helping me to stay in touch along the way. We are a repair shop and this has not only saved us tons of time but this feature has made us lots of money$$$. The POS and customization of the screen and tech support. Tech support is absolutely, hands down, some of the best I've ever experienced. They answer the phone and stay with you until you understand. Very nice people who never make you feel stupid. Also love the fact you can so easily access your data. Other software we've had has limited the backend data to you where as AIM absolutely encourages you to use it. I will say.... a new employee can be taught in under 5 minutes how to check out a customer through the POS.

Puntos en contra:

Inventory management, pricing and the repair shop module all need some help. All usable and functional. They are just some areas that aren't as polished as other software. Also, if you are a company with over a million different SKU's, beware. The software really is slow. I know! FYI, you'll need own EXCEL and have a basic understanding in order to to manage your inventory as AIM just simply does not have the capability to do so.

Steve
Steve
Fuente de la reseña

Ok for small-scale non-ecommerce shops

3,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: It was a good starting point, but we outgrew this software within 2 years of starting the company. Our eCommerce portal was functional, but cumbersome.

The tracking data on products was quite helpful. Serial numbers were regarded as individual numbers with unique purchase order receiving data that could be cross referenced with customer service records and trade-in information. Backorder protocol for Purchase Orders is the one thing I do miss about this software.

Puntos en contra:

Local server based. This made it very difficult to process transactions remotely (tradeshows, etc) or work remotely.

Julio
Fuente de la reseña

Great Softrware, and even better customer service

5,0 hace 2 años

Three (3) years ago, as I was increasingly becoming frustrated with my previous POS system, I researched various options. In doing so, I discovered a software system called AIMsi, which is a Tri-Technical system. I was contacted by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and walked through the process and signed the agreement. Admittedly, navigating this software was a bit intimidating I became frustrated with the learning curve and gave up on the software that I had paid for. A few months later I was contacted by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]to see how I was liking the software. I described my experience with the software thus far, to include my frustrations with the setup, navigation, troubleshooting, etc. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was extremely patient and professional. Additionally, rather than treat me as a generic customer, he listened attentively, was compassionate and did not close the discussion until he identified a path forward for which he could properly resolve my issue. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]expressed a great deal of concern, acknowledging the cost I paid for the software and that it was of the upmost importance to him that I experience the full range of the product. Thereafter, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] registered me for training sessions, at no cost, and followed up with me repeatedly (2-3 times weekly) until I was comfortable with using the software. The software is great and the staff who have all been friendly and willing to help when I called for tech support.

Puntos en contra:

sometimes the software can appear to be complicated gaining a understanding of its functionality helps

Betsy
Assistant to Everything en EE. UU.
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

AIM software makes my job easier!

5,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: My interactions have almost exclusively been with the tech support team. I am a musician and I don't think like an accountant; they are always helpful and efficient. The support is peerless - I don't think we have ever stumped them!

We have been using AIM for more than 10 years. It allows us to manage daily sales, keep current track of our inventory, and to update, receive, and transfer inventory as needed. The A/P invoice feature makes accounting a much easier process. The software is reliable, and the reports it can generate are tremendously helpful.

Puntos en contra:

We are a musical instrument store that is run by musicians, and it took us all a bit of time to learn to "think like the software" in more complicated processes. The availability of tech support being there to bail us out made that transition easier.

Brian
Pres en EE. UU.

Over all, VERY happy. Best all in one POS for Firearms Retailers

4,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: All in one POS for firearms retailer with the best pricing that WIL NOT break your bank!!

Lots to offer for the firearms retailer at eh best possible price compared to there competitors. We have been very happy with the system as a whole and although there is a lot to learn, support is just a call away. Having Bound Book linked right to your inventory is very helpful and there is even a delayed delivery choice in the POS for state like us in IL that require a waiting period for firearms purchases.

Puntos en contra:

There is a lot to learn and many items/field we don't use, but can not simply delete. We have to work around them. For being such a gun based POS system, there are things that could use improving to keep retailers compliant. But every time we make a suggestion to support, it is taken in kind and it the modification can be made, they do it!

Ron
President en EE. UU.

Retail software

5,0 hace 5 meses

Comentarios: We started as a small company in 2004 using Quickbooks. Then I hired a developer to develop a product for retail, rental processing and inventory control. After a year and $50,000 later that failed. AIM was discovered and did everything that we needed. Those were bad times during all of this. Their software is greatness. the support is 100% perfection. These guys are obsessed with solving a problem and do take care of any needs.
There is a 60 day period that you will deal with using the software until you are proficient with it. After that you will be very happy. The option of a second web hosting company is a real downside and expensive.

Puntos en contra:

They are limited with only one web hosting company that is not good. This company is very expensive and a security liability.

Randy
Manager en EE. UU.

AIM is the best fit!

5,0 hace 5 meses

Comentarios: The software has been just what we were needing for our sales and service business. The support has been fantastic as well over the years. Simply put top to bottom outstanding!

There are many POS on the market today but not very many geared to our industry. It is flexible and customizable. It is so easy to use.

Puntos en contra:

There are very few things I like least because when we do , features can be implemented. I guess at this point I like least is we have no way to print a claim check when customers drop off their vacuum. That said I created a feature request that they are working on as I type this review.

Andrew
Technical Director en EE. UU.
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 11-50 empleados

A Small Music Store's Best Friend

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I used this software as a salesman at a local music store. It worked great to keep track of inventory (sales/ordering/receiving), salesman commissioning, time cards, and it made band rental season easy to manage.

It's very easy to use for all point of sale needs including transacting sales, sales history, band rentals, gear rentals, powerful customer account features, ordering and receiving. We used it to track salesman commissions and it worked great for that as well.

Puntos en contra:

No real cons from a salesman/user perspective. It functioned to meet all of the needs of a small, local music store.

Parker

Best A&D and POS software I have used

5,0 hace 4 meses

Comentarios: The software allows us to keep all of our records on site and quickly access them from as many terminals as I would like. I recommend AIM to everyone in the firearms industry.

The team at AIM gave me all the support I could ask for with setting up the software. I can barely turn a computer on and they were able to set it up for me so that I could start using it immediately. Customer support is flawless. The price was well below competing software and still had all the features I could ever use plus some.

Puntos en contra:

We have experienced some lagging issues, but the team at AIM is working with us to resolve this at no cost.

Sheila
Office Manager en

My experience with AIMsi

4,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: We use an older version (v6.0), and I am very impressed with the features. I can only imagine how the newer versions must be. Unfortunately, previous employees didn't understand POS software and we are not using many of the features, as our database is really messed up from being misused over the years. We only use the Long Term Rental Contract features, and AIMsi does a great job. Very easy to use. I only wish it had been used properly from the beginning because it looks like it would save me a lot of work.

The interface is very easy to understand and use, and customer support is great. It is a feature-rich program, I only wish we had a newer version.

Puntos en contra:

When printing statements, it prints old accounts with no address. Apparently there is no way to filter the ones with no address out so I have to manually remove them. Occasionally one slips past and they are returned to us by the Post Office.

roger
president, owner en EE. UU.
Entretenimiento, 11-50 empleados

pc poll software

4,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: great customer support, however if I had concerns it would be cost effectiveness, for small business operation, I do not need support that often, but had to pay monies every month to be connected, one time fees should be available at reasonable price points

support team has vast knowledge of software

Puntos en contra:

the cost to use this service, would prefer a smaller fee to use this support on a one time as needed order, software is not user friendly

Suzanne
Business Manager en EE. UU.

Review

5,0 hace 4 meses

Product is easy to use and the technical support has been wonderful!

Puntos en contra:

We have requested a few additional options to be added to AIM and the programers declined.

Tim
Manager en Canadá
Logística y cadena de suministro, 5.001-10.000 empleados

A Good Alternative

4,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: When I arrived in the organization, AIMsi had been recently installed for a small chain of retail stores in the organization. The sales floor was able to pick it up quickly, which was the real concerns. Basic metrics became readily available to everyone, and it was an overall success. That being said, it had a few crashes, and more complicated reporting for accounting, purchasing, and maintenance needed more work to be really functional. Nonetheless, it was a good buy for the organization.

Front-line users got up to speed quickly due to a slick interface and limited administrative options/noise. This included users with limited computer skill. The point of sale functionality was great.

Puntos en contra:

Higher-view reports were clunky and difficult, they needed some help to get in shape for upper management. Crossing over data between the sales floor and the other functions of the business needed a lot of learning for even advanced users.

Lance

Music Biz

5,0 hace 5 meses

Comentarios: overall very good product

functionality and ease of use plus great customer service!

Puntos en contra:

Too many updates. If it is necessary to implement updates every week or so... Can you set the system to do automatic updates?

Tim

Great software, great support

5,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: We've used aimsi for years, with the upgrades it keeps getting better and I am always impressed with the support

It has a multitude of modules and we can customize it for our particular needs

Puntos en contra:

No real dislikes. Ive been very impressed with all it does

Elizabeth
Business Manager en

AIMsi for computer/gun store

4,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: We have just purchased this product within the last month and are still in the implementation phase. So far so good. It seems to be fairly easy to use once we went through some of the training videos. We have used up one of our two hours of free support getting guidance about things particular to our business and that has been very helpful. We are a small shop and spent a good amount of time shopping around for the best fit for the best price. This does what some of the way out of our league expensive programs do as far as multi-channel e-commerce, working with an online gunbook, accounting for trade-ins, consignments, assemblies, etc. I also like that it can integrate with Quickbooks and we can stay with our current merchant services provider. The cons are that depending on what modules you need, it can start to feel like you are getting nickel and dimed a bit but overall the price is still very reasonable. We were able to get what we needed within out budget. I can't give any in depth reviews beyond this yet since we are still in the learning phase but so far I think this was a great purchase.

Sheila
EE. UU.
Comercio minorista, Trabajador autónomo

AIMsi review from That Music Place

4,0 hace 8 años

Sales, inventory, accounting, rentals, and lessons are all in the same program. Popups for customer notes and inventory add-ons are extremely helpful. Messaging other users has improved our communication with each other.

Puntos en contra:

The lesson module needs improvements. There are too many steps to entering an absence and then a makeup lesson. The absence screen needs to be merged with the schedule screen. It could be easily done by adding columns to the schedule screen for an absence checkbox and the reason box. The program has a lot of errors that causes it to shut down. Using the the inventory update Min/Max is confusing, especially with seasonal inventory. Training on this would be helpful. The help instructions seem to need to be updated and aren't always helpful.

Respuesta de N/A

hace 8 años

We completely redesigned the lesson scheduling and billing module, and we set Sheila up as a beta tester. Our Support Manager also spoke with Sheila about the inventory min/max procedures.