15 años ayudando a las empresas españolas
a elegir el mejor software

Opiniones de SimplePractice

Sobre SimplePractice

Pasa gratuitamente a SimplePractice y únete a los más de 40 000 clientes que gestionan prósperos negocios de salud y bienestar.

Descubre más sobre SimplePractice

Puntos a favor:

SimplePractice is so easy to use and the customer service is wonderful & quick.

Puntos en contra:

The one feature I have been having trouble with is regarding the recent update adding Couple profiles.

Valoraciones de SimplePractice

Evaluación media

Facilidad de uso
4,4
Atención al cliente
4,4
Funcionalidades
4,4
Relación calidad-precio
4,3

Probabilidad de recomendación

8,5/10

SimplePractice tiene una valoración global de 4,6 estrellas sobre 5 según las 2.655 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Has utilizado SimplePractice?

Comparte tu experiencia con otros compradores de software.

Filtrar opiniones (2.655)

Kelly Elise
Kelly Elise
Founder
Usuario de Linkedin verificado
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 2-10 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de un año
Fuente de la opinión

Avoid SimplePractice

2,0 hace 2 años
Los subtítulos en español están disponibles en el reproductor de vídeo
Valentina
Coordinador Operaciones en Colombia
Comercio mayorista, 1.001-5.000 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de un año
Fuente de la opinión

Vale la pena adquirirlo.

5,0 hace 9 meses

Puntos a favor:

Es intuitivo ofrece todo lo que se necesita para llevar a cabo las labores diarias, me encanto que es facil de implementar.

Puntos en contra:

Es algo molesque que ingremente su valor a medida que pasa el tiempo.

Edilza
Business Administration en Australia
Aprendizaje en línea, Trabajador autónomo
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de un año
Fuente de la opinión

Herramienta para recordatorio de citas

5,0 hace 11 meses

Comentarios: Recomiendo esta herramienta porque podemos mantener los recordatorios al día

Puntos a favor:

Que es una herramienta para mantener mi trabajo en orden

Puntos en contra:

La falta de funciones avanzadas para poder hacer otras gestiones

Santiago
ingenieria sistemas en Colombia
Usuario de Linkedin verificado
Hardware informático, 2-10 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: 1-5 meses
Fuente de la opinión

How about practicing with SimplePractice

4,0 hace 8 meses

Comentarios: Es un buen software,da un buen aporte pero tiene varias cosas por pulir.

Puntos a favor:

Es un software que por las funciones que tiene y la interfaz que tiene es intuitivo y fácil de aprender a manejar y usar para con el usuario, debido a esto su implementación es relativamente sencilla para cualquier empresa

Puntos en contra:

Se siente la falta de algunas funciones o lo básicas que son y así mismo si pudiesen ser mas económicas seria mucho mejor

Usuario verificado
Usuario de Linkedin verificado
Hostelería, Trabajador autónomo
Ha utilizado el software durante: Prueba gratis
Fuente de la opinión

Comercial sumamente confiable

5,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: En el mercado emergente es más difícil encontrar productos con tanta eficiencia como este, me ayuda mucho ya que reúne todas las características.

Puntos a favor:

Tiene todos los requisitos que buscas para ayudarte en tu trabajo cotidiano. Es simple y fácil de utilizar. De fácil acceso para cualquiera que desee un software de confianza.

Puntos en contra:

Se necesita mejor solo un poco en la imagen. Separar un poco los elementos a buscar con títulos más accesibles.

Amanda
Amanda
Program Director en EE. UU.
Usuario de Linkedin verificado
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 2-10 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de un año
Fuente de la opinión

Alternativas consideradas previamente:

Simple Practice saved me!

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: Truly a lifesaver. I feel like I am not a business person, but simple practice simplifies so many aspects of this.

Puntos a favor:

I love all of the things that the developers decided to incorporate in this platform. You can upload your business documents, any documents relevant to your client records and so much more. I have created questionnaires that are specific to my practice so that I can gather data upfront and this prevents me from missing out on money. I love the integration for scheduling appointments, telehealth and billing and invoicing. If you want to streamline your practice, this is for you.

Puntos en contra:

Clients cannot pay partial balances in their client portal yet, those payments have to be taken in the office.

Respuesta de SimplePractice

hace 5 años

Amanda, thanks for your positive review. We're proud to give you the back office you need to run a professional practice. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's any additional feedback you have. - Gillian from SimplePractice

Jose
Business Manager en Bolivia
Productos cosméticos, 2-10 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: 6-12 meses
Fuente de la opinión

Outstanding product at an affordable price

5,0 hace 6 meses

Comentarios: Initially hesitant to adopt SimplePractice, I was accustomed to and comfortable with another EHR system. However, upon making the transition and familiarizing myself with the platform's navigation, the evident ease of use quickly became apparent.

Puntos a favor:

I spend significantly less on this software compared to a similar product I used before. It's user-friendly, and the customer support team responds promptly to my inquiries.

Puntos en contra:

The current system lacks user-friendly features that would facilitate a smooth document submission process.

Jason
Owner en EE. UU.
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 2-10 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de dos años
Fuente de la opinión

I recommend, but if you want to grow, it can get costly

5,0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: Simple practice is very good for a small team or solo practitioner. When you start to get bigger, it might be wise to compare options.

Puntos a favor:

Simple practice is simple. That is so helpful for a software. It is much easier to set up than the one we are currently using. I also like the two-way Google calendar integration.

Puntos en contra:

If you start to add clinicians, then it gets pricey, simple practice does not differentiate between full-time and part-time clinicians in terms of pricing. So we switched, because adding part-time clinicians was getting too expensive for the software. It is also not a marketing centered software compared to the one we are using now.

Charna
Therapist en EE. UU.
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 2-10 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: 1-5 meses
Fuente de la opinión

Buggy system

2,0 hace 8 años

Comentarios: I am a brand new user and apparently made the mistake of trying to set things up over a holiday weekend when SP team is away. That's not their fault. Since I haven't been using it for long I can't comment on all the features, but i will say I'm considering asking for my money back after spending two days adding my client info and getting repeatedly frustrated.
I pretty much just wanted software that would organize my clients info ( dx codes, different fees) so making receipts would be easier. And I was considering online scheduling. I'm not sure this is the best solution. I've been in practice for 14 years and this is my first attempt at using software for note taking. I should also say my growing edge is being patient with technology. I wish i'd just paid someone to set it up for me because I don't find it fun to figure it out.
Once it's all set up maybe I'll love it, but the problem is they sent me this option to review two days after I started data entry.
I'll get more specific in the pro and con section.

Puntos a favor:

Adding clients in calendar seems relatively easy. Since i have sliding scale i like that i can personalize the amount they pay and keep it clear and organized. Don't know how it will work, but I am excited to be able to have a credit card payment linked so I don't have to ask clients for their card each time.

Puntos en contra:

There are a lot of buggy things where you have to add what the system wants vs being able to customize info. While Adding new clients the option to add an email or address didn't automatically show up, and since I wanted to have all that info for receipts I tried to figure out how to do this. Under editting client info each time I tried to add their email and home address when I pressed save it would automatically change the name and phone number to my name and number. No idea why this would happen? Perhaps a special bonus mindfulness test? This process took twice as long because of this. Eventuslly i figured out if I just added an email and pressed save , then added address and saved again it seemed to be ok. Also cutting and pasting info didn't work. I kept being told it was an invalid email. It doesn't like if there are any extra spaces. Then adding cpt... I have questions, since I charge more how if will all come together on the invoices/receipts. I just wanted to upload my forms I created and I did not find this easy. Have yet to figure it out. Unnerved to even touch the billing / invoicing but that's why i bought the software so I'm waiting to get SP support since my friend who uses it said he's inexperienced with this feature. Even submitting this review it insisted on me adding an organizational name. What if their isn't one?

Respuesta de SimplePractice

hace 8 años

Charna, I'm so sorry you had this experience with us right off the bat. We're here to make things simple, not complicated. I checked in our our email conversations with you and it looks like we've worked on getting things working for you together! If you're still having any trouble, let us know by filling out a request: https://support.simplepractice.com/hc/en-us/requests/new We're here to help!

Vincent
Clinical Sex Therapist en EE. UU.
Cuidado de la salud mental, 11-50 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de un año
Fuente de la opinión

Easy-to-Use, Customizable, and Well-Intergrated

5,0 hace 3 meses

Comentarios: Overall, this is a great product. I'd just recommend a few minor adjustments and it would be the perfect EHR!

Puntos a favor:

I really love the intuitive calendar management. I can 'drag and drop' appointments and can easily set recurrences and move recurring appointments. I also love the 'Load Last Note' feature where I can save time on filling in standard fields and concentrate more on the weekly/bi-weekly changes in information (i.e. client progress, client needs).

Puntos en contra:

I would improve the Telehealth app. The Telehealth app seems to malfunction quite frequently when clients are using their phones to join appointments. I have also noticed that my video glitches quite frequently. I would also improve the 'Share' function on Telehealth. It is very hard to screenshare and use it for sharing worksheets and handbooks.

Mike
Mike
Chief of Operations en EE. UU.
Usuario de Linkedin verificado
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 11-50 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de un año
Fuente de la opinión

Alternativas consideradas previamente:

Mental Health EMR that has work to improve

3,0 hace 5 meses

Comentarios: Our experience has been on a down, up, and down trajectory. It was sold to the practice owner, who is not technical in IT, as a HIPPA compliant telemedicine app. It was sold but never setup correctly, and almost put us out of business, claims were getting denied at a very high rate, and copays were not being collected. Because the app was not setup, all of it resulted in loss collections. The reports are garbage, so we did not know until well after the damage had been done.
Now, as I am trying to integrate it with our accounting system (Quick Books Online), I can't get past the tier one support team, who keeps closing my request as solve, after providing work arounds that do not address the problems.
I would like to see SimplePractice take their user community's recommendations more seriously. It will only improve the software.

Puntos a favor:

The telemedicine virtual visits are awesome!

Puntos en contra:

Simple Practice is awful at reporting. The built in reports miss the market, and they will not allow users to create their own custom reports.

Robin
Clinical Associate en EE. UU.
Cuidado de la salud mental, 11-50 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: 1-5 meses
Fuente de la opinión

SimplePractice Recmmendation

5,0 hace 7 meses

Comentarios: I was very reluctant to use SimplePractice. I used another EHR that I was comfortable with and accustomed to. However, after I made the switch and learned how to navigate it, the ease of use was readily apparent.

Puntos a favor:

I like SimplePractice's ease of use and the limited time it takes to learn the system. Getting up-to-speed with its many tools was important, and it took no professional training time or training investment.

Puntos en contra:

SimplePractice is not the most navigation-friendly system. However, once one learns how to get around in the system, it becomes easy.

Virginia
Clinical Director en EE. UU.
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 11-50 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de dos años
Fuente de la opinión

You get what you pay for

5,0 el mes pasado Nuevo

Comentarios: I’ve been with simple practice since my internship years ago. It has truly been simple. And it constantly provides more options.

Puntos a favor:

What I appreciate most about simple practice is that it is constantly growing, expanding, and improving what is available.

Puntos en contra:

The cost is pretty high as you start adding team members.

Lynn
Licensed Clinical Social Worker en EE. UU.
Cuidado de la salud mental, Trabajador autónomo
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de dos años
Fuente de la opinión

Simple Practice

5,0 hace 3 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: I have been pleased with the use of this EMR and the ability to learn to use it.

Puntos a favor:

Ease of use, flexibility in making it more personalized to your business.

Puntos en contra:

The ability for client's to pay the invoices sent to them directly without my assistance.

Veronica
Licensed Professional Counselor en EE. UU.
Cuidado de la salud mental, 51-200 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: 1-5 meses
Fuente de la opinión

Great and Easy

5,0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Puntos a favor:

Functional Accessibility User friendly Easy to use

Puntos en contra:

Sometimes slow Sometimes confusing entry options

Michelle
CEO/Psychotherapist en EE. UU.
Cuidado de la salud mental, 2-10 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de dos años
Fuente de la opinión

Super Easy for Solo Practitioners. Need Some Work for Group Practice Use.

4,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: In spite of the cons noted above (and I could have written more), Simple Practice is VERY good software and would actually kill the game so to speak if they fixed some of the flaws noted above as well as improving customer service. While I do like that why have not outsourced customer service to a foreign country like many others, the lack of phone support can be rather irritating. No one wants to send emails back and forth to resolve issues,

Puntos a favor:

Simple Practice really is super easy for the average user. It has a modern look and feel. In less than 60 seconds (52 seconds to be exact) you and create a new client, schedule and send intake forms to be electronically signed. Overall the system is pretty intuitive. I love that you can create your own document and forms. The template creator is fairly easy. I also like that clients can "request" an appointment, which I can approve or deny. Finally, the calendar has very robust features (even better than 'many' of the scheduling apps). Also this comment isnt about the software per se but about the company-- I truly appreciate the they encourage feedback and suggestions from their subscribers and take action on 'some' of the suggestions.

Puntos en contra:

Simple Practice takes a really long time to get enrollments with Medicaid & Medicare. They blame CMS but even CMS says it doesn't take months to get approved to bill though a clearinghouse (Yes, I know SP is not a clearinghouse). Secondary billing with is an absolutely nightmare. You literally have to do it manually--as in printing and mailing. I'm not really sure why but every single client I have with secondary insurance billing section is messed up. Allocating payments appropriately is a mystery and there is a 'special' way you have to do it which Ive never been able to grasp. The end result is no client with secondary insurance has a zero balance. Treatment Plans do not have electronic signatures, which is a great disappointment. While there is a template builder, it's not intended for Treatment Plans only Progress Notes. Technically you can create an ITP of your own liking but in order to see your ITP goals/objectives to write your notes, you MUST use one of their templates (creating double work). Simple Practice is now being marketed for use for Group Practices. I was disappointed to learn that if you have Interns or Intermediate/Pre-Licensed Clinicians while you can review and sign their notes, there is not notification of any kind. This mean the Intern/Pre-Licensed Clinicians would need to email the Supervisor which client notes to read either daily or weekly--which is simply ridiculous.

Respuesta de SimplePractice

hace 5 años

Michelle, thank you for your comprehensive review. We're glad to support your practice with our best-in-class practice management platform. We're constantly working on improving our platform, as you've pointed out in our review, and are looking forward to improving our functionality around secondary claims, documentation, and group practices. Thanks for being our customer over the years. - Gillian from SimplePractice

Jean
Owner/SLP/Consultant en EE. UU.
Práctica médica, Trabajador autónomo
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de un año
Fuente de la opinión

Alternativas consideradas previamente:

Simple Practice for SLP

4,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Overall would recommend to anyone with a small practice who is willing to put the time/effort into creating their own templates.

Puntos a favor:

Overall this software is very intuitive. It's relatively easy to customize and I love having my documentation in billing all in one place for such a low cost. The customer services is exceptional. Anytime I have a question I simply send a message and link and I have a helpful response within 24 hours.

Puntos en contra:

As a pediatric SLP, I have had to create my own templates for pretty much everything due to insurance requirements and the nature of my assessment and treatment. This can be time consuming for sure. I would love to be able to use the telehealth software, but I really need to be able to give the kids remote control in order to keep them engaged and as far as I know that isn't a feature at this point. The billing can get confusing, but the customer service has been incredibly helpful with this and I feel it's mostly due to the complexity of the billing for that client more so than the software.

David
Psychologist en EE. UU.
Cuidado de la salud mental, Trabajador autónomo
Ha utilizado el software durante: Prueba gratis
Fuente de la opinión

The name of the software says it all.

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Overall, I find Simple Practice to be just that, simple. It has all manner of features that I do not employ nor does it force me to jump through hoops I don't require. I might well use some of the bells and whistles at some point but the ease of doing just what I need to do in minimal time is it's major selling point for my practice.

Puntos a favor:

The EHR is simple, uncomplicated, and lets me get my work documented without fuss or having to click through various pages to record progress notes. Also, the names in the calendar appear as first, and last, as opposed to some gibberish assigned to each patient that I am forced to remember as my former EHR software required.

Puntos en contra:

The setting of the appointment time I find to be clunky. It defaults to the current time, which means I have to scroll to the correct time when I make an appointment for the patient. Yes, a minor issue but I wish there was some other way to ascribe an appointment time. I frequently return appointment requests in the evening. having the calendar time default to a PM time is a minor issue but I'm not fond of it. A minor quibble, but I need to be careful or I schedule someone for 8:00 PM when it should have been a morning appointment. I'll get used to it I am sure.

Gracie
Psychotherapist en EE. UU.
Cuidado de la salud mental, Trabajador autónomo
Ha utilizado el software durante: Prueba gratis
Fuente de la opinión

Successful Practice Meet Your Sidekick

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: I switched to Simple Practice from another EHR due to the features offered and the customer support. It is important for me as practice owner to have features such as managing the client portal access and the ability to send new client paperwork via the client portal. Simple Practice has all that is needed with integrated insurance billing, invoices, super bills, clinical note structure, video therapy, and credit card swipe. I am thrilled to have Simple Practice and look forward to learning more about all the features the EHR provides! I know Simple Practice will help me and my practice grow exponentially!

Puntos a favor:

I enjoy the software has integrated assessments, a client portal accessible to place on your practice website, Wiley Treatment Planner, and built in paperwork needed for new clients. I am appreciate of the customer service that is prompt with response. The software has amazing training videos that assists with new users like myself.

Puntos en contra:

Billing insurance does not seem intuitive, however I signed up for a class to gain knowledge in billing.

Janny
Owner/Therapist en EE. UU.
Cuidado de la salud mental, Trabajador autónomo
Ha utilizado el software durante: 6-12 meses
Fuente de la opinión

Alternativas consideradas previamente:

It really is simple

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: So far I really love everything simple practice offers. I love the daily reminders of my schedule. I love that everything is HIPPA compliant. I love how it is user friendly. I love the built in templates and the ease of being able to create any new electronic forms for clients to review and/or fill out. I love that I can also charge clients through the system and that it automatically transfers to my account. Overall this is an amazing system.

Puntos a favor:

I love that they already have templates in this system that you can easily modify and make your own. It is very user friendly. Like any electronic software there is always a learning curve but I found this software to be straightforward and easy to navigate and figure out.

Puntos en contra:

I have had some issues with the telehealth video sessions. I am not sure if this is related to the software or my wifi connection. I do not have many telehealth clients but so far I have had 2 sessions via video sessions and both times I had technical issues with being able to hear my clients or losing connection. However, I am not sure if this is software related or simply wifi issues. Also, being new into private practice it is pretty costly to have this software but I made the choice to have it before I started building a case load so I wouldn't have to deal with transitioning later on. I am glad I did that but I wish maybe they offered new practices some type of introductory rate knowing that many practices don't have a full case load right away.

Usuario verificado
Usuario de Linkedin verificado
Cuidado de la salud mental, 2-10 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: 1-5 meses
Fuente de la opinión

Still learning, but loving it!

5,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: It is obvious that a great deal of thoughtful consideration has gone into the development of this software. While there elements that I would like to see incorporated as a matter of convenience, there are absolutely no deal breakers here! I do have much to learn, but I feel confident that I made the choice for my private practice. Try the free month ~ be impressed!

Puntos a favor:

It's only fair to say that I still have many things to learn! I've not experienced the insurance side of things yet, and that's a beast all its own. That said... I find the online "How To" articles helpful and easy to follow. The videos are also helpful most of the time. I have not attempted to reach a person by phone, however, mostly b/c I've not needed to (yet). Being cloud based was an absolute must. Love the intuitive and attractive visual interface! The Client Portal has been easy to incorporate into the company website, and clients find it easy to use. I like being able to initiate the intake process immediately with a client who requests an appointment. Super like the reminders that help me keep up with what needs to be completed. It has also been helpful to receive an email of my agenda for the day. Having the flexibility to modify forms or create my own is awesome! It took me some time to understand how, but I got it.

Puntos en contra:

I prefer structure when I'm just learning how to navigate new software. It is helpful to me to have "How To" guides in an order that leads me through necessary processes. I found myself wondering if I'd completed everything required in a process, was there a tab I hadn't discovered, etc. Having a check list, an order, some sort of structure to remove the mystery as I acclimated would have been reassuring. Color coding features would be helpful to differentiate between clinicians, insurance companies, etc. I find the mobile app to be difficult to navigate. Attempting to schedule clients or see what is available is cumbersome. I've since synced the calendar with Google, and that appears to be working more smoothly. It would be wonderful if there was a way to connect local SP users. I've had questions come up that a user more seasoned than myself could likely answer in five minutes....versus the hour or more I spent chasing rabbits.

Respuesta de SimplePractice

hace 6 años

Thanks so much for your positive review. We have a thriving community of SimplePractice customers - most likely in your local area - on our Community Forum at community.simplepractice.com and in our Facebook community at facebook.com/groups/simplepractice. We're here to help - thanks for choosing SimplePractice. - Gillian from SimplePractice

William
Director en EE. UU.
Cuidado de la salud mental, 11-50 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de dos años
Fuente de la opinión

Simple Practice - there is truth in the name

5,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: I have tested out Simple Practice for our group practice and we plan on transitioning to it. It's rare to find a company so well balanced in its direction. The user interface design is well thought out and makes doing otherwise complex procedures simple and straightforward. The documentation and user support is something you would expect from a much larger and more resourced entity. The product development has been very focused and well planned as features are thoughtfully implemented. Some of their competitors seem to decide which features to develop at random. Simple Practice first popped on my radar in 2012 and they had a beautiful interface, a simple iphone app, but they couldn't do much other than notes and calendaring. Oh, how things have changed. They now take payment, and even do autopay on weekly clients. They simply and beautifully execute therapy notes, have a client portal, process insurance claims, have appointment reminders, treatment plans, calendar sync, and you can have clients signup and schedule directly through simple practice. You can even push them assessments to fill out to add to their records. I didn't like how their product shows client credit's and debit's. I will say that it seems like there is a more intuitive way to do this for reconciling accounts. When you first look at it, it will confuse you and I am sure it is something they spend time on with each new customer. This surprises me that they have kept it this way since everything else is so intuitive. The only area I can't speak to is what their reporting looks like. Theranest has a feature I like in their reporting as it shows you by clinician and referral source, who has sent you the most business the stick rate, and things like this. Personally, I would love to be able to see more granular data to know what each clinician is best with matching intakes with treatment outcomes and being able to see each clinician's number of clients who are active and their insurance to private pay ratios. If I were to extend my wishlist, I would like some limited CRM features as well to help with new client inquiries. All of that said, Simple Practice is the Tesla of therapist EMR's. They are pioneering the field and they know it. I recommend them to all clinicians.

Puntos a favor:

Features, product speed of development, user interface design, ease of implementation.

Puntos en contra:

reporting, cost if you have a group, the only credit card company support is Stripe's API and they have a minimum of per month volume before they will lower their fee's.

Respuesta de SimplePractice

hace 7 años

Hi William, we're grateful that you're part of our community! It's great to hear your story of revisiting SimplePractice after we added more features. We're working hard every day to make improvements so that both solo and group practitioners are able to use our product easily and efficiently.

Anonymous
Psychologist en EE. UU.
Cuidado de la salud mental, Trabajador autónomo
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de dos años
Fuente de la opinión

Biggest fan is now biggest detractor

1,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I cannot recommend SimplePractice anymore and that is a shame. I am afraid of retaliation even given the unethical nature in which this company has conducted itself, I cannot guarantee that they would cut me off before I am ready to transition.

Puntos a favor:

I used to love SP and as an early adopter I was a major champion of their software. Part of my work is as a consultant for new therapists starting their journey as early career professionals. I used to advocate for SP as an EHR because they did a wonderful job of making things easy on therapists. Then about a year ago they got a new [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and decided to go full bore silicon valley start-up. This is not the same company. You need to understand that every review prior to 2022 was a different company. That company was AWESOME.

Puntos en contra:

They are clearly in financial trouble. They CANNOT be trusted. How else do you explain alienating your entire user base by increasing your prices nearly 200%!? They are either overspending (suggesting incompetence at the management level) or they are gearing up for a Series A and wanting to go IPO eventually. This kind of business model is ANTITHETICAL to the kind of service that we therapists rely on. We need to be able to TRUST that the people we work with will take care of us in the way we take care of our patients. After all, if they are willing to act scrupulously with the people paying them money, what will they do with the data gathered via the EHR? SimplePractice has frankly annihilated what was simply the greatest goodwill I have ever felt towards a company. Now I see only greed, delusion and arrogance. I do not say this lightly. I used to run a start-up. I am a business person. This is no way for ANY business to act let

Respuesta de SimplePractice

hace 2 años

When changing our pricing, we conducted extensive research on how to charge customers at a rate that was commiserate with the services we provide and the labor it requires. We also conducted research on the necessary features and most utilized functions and segmented that data based on the stage of private practice the customer was in: how long they'd been in private practice, if they were a solo-practitioner, small group, large group practice, client case load etc. The new Essential Plan is very similar to our sunset Professional Plan, but it's meant for a solo-practitioner. We've tailored 3 distinct plans to better fit the stages our customers' private practice journey - including an affordable Starter plan. We added many new, highly requested, features in 2021, and extended options for customer support. We appreciate your feedback as we continue to build our product and introduce more customization in our subscription plans in the future.

Lisa
Psychiatrist en EE. UU.
Ha utilizado el software durante: 1-5 meses
Fuente de la opinión

Overall, a well-designed and easy-to-use EMR

5,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: This software keeps me organized, allows me to keep my patient information secure, integrates scheduling/billing/documentation in one place, and offers an app that is well coordinated with the full desktop experience.

Puntos a favor:

The design of the software is clean and intuitive, not just the portion experienced by clinicians but also the patient/client portal. I found it easy to create my own templates and appreciate the ability to import the prior note to edit it for each session rather than having to start anew each time I meet with someone. Scheduling both by desktop and by app are very easy to use, allowing to set up repeat appointments. I appreciate the ease of generating superbills and invoices, changing charges and correcting them, and the option of manual inputs of payment if you choose not to use the integrated credit card payment system (Stripe). I really appreciate the option of "privacy mode" so that patient's full names are not displayed on my calendar. The 30-day trial was very helpful for ensuring that I was getting what I hoped I was and it was nice to be able to try both the essential and the professional features to figure out which plan made more sense for my practice.

Puntos en contra:

1. I think others have mentioned the irritation of not being able to contact someone directly for customer support. Emailing is fine, it's not a huge deal, but it just creates delays with issues that I think could be worked out quickly with a phone call. 2. As a psychiatrist, it would be helpful if there were ways to prominently post the patient's allergies, medications, etc in a way where you wouldn't have to hunt through your prior notes to find them. However, this software is marketed to behavioral health professionals broadly rather than psychiatrists specifically, so I wouldn't expect it to be so tailored. 3. I would like to be able to customize the mini-website that my patients see in more ways than what's currently available. 4. The rates for Stripe seemed a little steep (at least for a solo practitioner) but it's your only option if you want an integrated credit card system. In the end, I am doing that piece with a different service to avoid the higher rates.

Respuesta de SimplePractice

hace 6 años

Lisa, thank you so much for your thorough and thoughtful review of SimplePractice. We're glad to hear that you find SimplePractice to be clean and intuitive, and proud to support the work that you do! Did you know you can schedule a one-on-one screensharing session with a Product Specialist at your convenience, any time? We're always standing by to help. I'd also recommend using a Sticky Chart Note to keep information like allergies and medications at the top of the client's chart - just create a Chart Note and set the date to sometime in the future, and it'll stay at the top of the chart! Thanks again for choosing SimplePractice. We're glad you're a part of our community! - Gillian from SimplePractice

Kathryn
Owner en EE. UU.
Cuidado de la salud mental, Trabajador autónomo
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de dos años
Fuente de la opinión
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Great product 3-5 years ago has declined significantly

3,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: In the beginning, SimplePractice really helped me streamline my practice and made practice management so much more effective. It was a lifesaver as I was transitioning from agency work to full time private/solo practice. I recommended it to so many colleagues and supervisees. It has really begun to go downhill over the last year since being sold to EngageSmart.

Puntos a favor:

The mobile app, customizable forms, template library, reports, and client booking are all really excellent. Billing, calendaring (especially customization like color-coding), chart notes, and other features are "fine" but could be improved.

Puntos en contra:

I provide supervision and consultation as well as therapy and there is no way to differentiate between types of clients. Customization of the calendar (e.g. color coding for types of clients and location of service) is essentially non-existent. Billing and invoicing has always been confusing and clunky. Just generally, the customer service is absolutely atrocious. SP representatives in online platforms are obtuse and dishonest in responses, and it is really hard to get ahold of someone to help when there is a problem. I also am very disappointed with the new pricing structure which doesn't even attempt to hide the fact that they are strong-arming people into the highest tier by including basic features like calendar syncing or adding a supervisor only in that very highest tier. They clearly prioritize profit/shareholders over customers, and their goal is to monopolize everything about the online therapy world (websites, therapist directory, continuing ed, etc) rather than putting resources into continuing to make their product better. Some really basic features that folks have been asking for for at least 5 1/2 years (since I've been a customer) are still not there.

Stephanie
Private Practice Clinician en EE. UU.
Servicios individuales y familiares, Trabajador autónomo
Ha utilizado el software durante: Más de un año
Fuente de la opinión
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Price Gouging

3,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: My experience has been that Simple Practice is not responsive to client complaints or concerns. They have ignored many issues and do not respond in a timely manner to basic questions. Do not get stuck with simple practice as they have a record or raising fees while taking away features.

Puntos a favor:

I like the platform but not that they keep raising the cost over and over again.

Puntos en contra:

In 2 years, my Simple Practice subscription has gone up 68%: Feb of 2020 it was $59 March of 2020 it was raised to $69 (+17%) March of 2022 increased to $99 (+44% from last increase, +$68% since 2020) Should I expect this kind of rate increases moving forward? Next increase would be at $140/month and then $200/month? They took away calendar sync! You have to buy premium just for a feature that should already be included in the basic. I know you all are "adding features" but none that add any value to me so I'm paying 68% more for the same experience, same functionality. I don't have any use for chatting with people during sessions, blurring the background, default templates or Wiley treatment plans that don't apply to my business, mobile billing or insurance billing, online scheduling, or a website/marketing directory thru you all. It's especially galling that for the extra money, I still have to build complicated Excel macros to simply calculate and track my actual/net income per session because there isn't a report that shows all of your appts and with how much you get after Stripe's cut.