Opiniones de BigCommerce

Sobre BigCommerce

BigCommerce te permite personalizar tu sitio, administrar envíos y pagos y enumerar tus productos en Amazon, eBay y Facebook.

Descubre más sobre BigCommerce

It has a good amount of templates you can explore. Despite it is thought for people less into web designing, it also allows more tech-savvy users and developers to apply some HTML and CSS styling.

Puntos en contra:

Support sometimes doesn't know everything about ongoing issues with the platform so sometimes it is frustrating to iterate an issue that team members don't even know are happening.

Valoraciones de BigCommerce

Evaluación media

Facilidad de uso
Atención al cliente
Funciones
Relación calidad-precio

Probabilidad de recomendación

BigCommerce tiene una valoración global de 4,3 estrellas sobre 5 según las 210 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Has utilizado BigCommerce?

Filtrar opiniones (210)

Nathan K.
Nathan K.
Marketing Manager en EE. UU.
Artículos deportivos, 11-50 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Among the best ecommerce solutions for growing businesses

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: We initially transitioned from Lightspeed eCom over to Bigcommerce because their platform offered greater scalability and entry-level features than what Lightspeed offered. Because we use Lightspeed POS, however, integrating product data between the systems was a challenge and a lengthy process. It also takes some effort to maintain the connection (via a third-party service using their API).

Bigcommerce offers some of the most inclusive features in their entry-level product options, making them excellent for small businesses. Their level of customer support and transparency about service issues and new features in development are excellent and perhaps one of the main reasons why we've kept using Bigcommerce instead of switching to a platform that meets other essential features that we are still awaiting from Bigcommerce. The availability of third-party apps (including shipping and logistics integrations) has been great to work with so far.

Puntos en contra:

Storefront development is currently very lackluster and it can be difficult to get a truly customized website without hiring a developer or investing in web development skills of your own. This is also true of their e-mail features. If you don't have more than a basic understanding of HTML, it will be next to impossible to customize their system e-mails without a third-party solution. Also, while their entry-level features are among the most plentiful in the industry, a few features (such as Google Reviews integrations and Abandoned Cart Recovery) are reserved only for higher-tier plans, which doesn't make sense from a financial standpoint as their costs to support these features should be minimal.

Lisa G.

Alternativas consideradas:

It's been a nice long relationship

5,0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: Overall, it's been pretty smooth sailing. Customer service is ALWAYS there and trying to help the best they can. They never leave me in the dark. Way easier and faster site than dealing with Magento.

I have used Bigcommerce for over 8 years. Overall, I think it works better and at a more reasonable cost than other related platforms.

Puntos en contra:

I have 1k parent skus with 11k child skus. It will not import my large spreadsheet. So if there is a major price change from my brands, it's impossible to import my vendor's .csv or excel sheet. We have to update each regular price and sale price one by one. Takes way too much time to permanantly discount items / sales too.

Mattie S.
eCommerce Manager en EE. UU.

Good Until You Need To Integrate It With Other Software

3,0 el mes pasado Nuevo

Comentarios: Overall, I like BigCommerce's eCommerce software, however I don't think it's for anyone that had a psychical store trying to start out online. If you are selling online only, it could be a good option.

Overall, for just only eCommerce, BigCommerce is great, and I have been using it for 10 years now. It is easy to use and customize, and has lots of great features (however you do have to pay for higher end features). No percentage fee is nice for smaller stores, but once you get to a certain scale, others offer no percentage as well with way more features.

Puntos en contra:

The worst part about BigCommerce is their ability to integrate with outside software. Many small eCommerce stores are based out of a physical retail store, and there is NO easy, cheap, or even good way to integrate your in-store inventory with your BigCommerce inventory. For instance, if you use the popular Square POS in your retail shop, you have to pay an expensive 3rd party software for a janky, somewhat working system to that keeps your online inventory in sync with Square, so when you sell something in the store, it removes that stock online. BigCommerce refuses to take this issue seriously, which is unfortunate because I can't recommend it to anyone that has a physical retail store and wants to keep live inventory online.

Jackie T.
Business Manager en EE. UU.

Happy over-all.

5,0 hace 3 meses

Comentarios: Over all I am happy with BigCommerce.

I like the store I created. I like the creative freedoms in BigCommerce. I find my way around easily. I like that I could use Quickbooks to process payments. At the time I started my online store that was not possible with Shopify.

Puntos en contra:

You should be able to add locations to invoices. I don't print packing slips, just the invoices. I have to hand write the locations on the invoice for the person pulling items for the order. I wish I could sort the order of the items and have it stay that way! It takes a bit of time for the average Joe to learn their way around on BigCommerce. Once I got past the learning curve it became quite comfortable.

Roland B.
Diseño, 2-10 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

One of the better ecommerce solutions out there.

4,0 el mes pasado Nuevo

Comentarios: Having built out multiple bigcommerce sites I would have to say the experience has been a good one. We have not had any major issues with the platform and our clients are very pleased with the final results of their websites.

Very easy set up. Once you or your client chooses a theme it is a pretty straight forward process getting your store online.

Puntos en contra:

I would say the thing I liked least is not having some sort of builder for basic web pages. Too much customization needs to go into creating custom category pages.

Samin S.
Samin S.
CEO en Bangladés
Juegos de ordenador, 11-50 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Prueba gratis

Bigcommerce Review

4,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: My overall experience with Bigcommerce is undoubtedly excellent. It would have been better if they considered to lower the price of this mesmerising software.

I loved the fact that I could easily build my site the way I want without coding a single line. It's easy for beginners to start designing your first e-commerce site even if you don't know how to build sites

Puntos en contra:

I worst thing about this is I think it's overpriced. For the price it doesn't have that much features. The overall value doesn't match with the pricing

Electra H.
Ceo en EE. UU.

Alternativas consideradas:

Love it over woo commerce

5,0 el mes pasado Nuevo

Comentarios: If was fine as long as I had a web developer helping

The type of editing are seemingly endless

Puntos en contra:

Unless you are web developer and wen designer it is very hard to customize your website alone.

Mohammad B.
Field and digital marketing manager en RU
Software informático, 201-500 empleados

Excellent B2B Ecommerce platform

4,0 hace 3 semanas Nuevo

-Very easy to use eCommerce platform with easy to integrate with other third-party platforms. -Great customer support and service -Excellent for building and designing pages/website -Great for orders management - I love how easy it is to import and export the data easily -Great selection of themes available to use -Great for reporting and dashboarding -great out-of-box features and personalization -Adding new products and editing them is very straightforward -Affordable as compared to competitors

Puntos en contra:

-Although the platform itself is affordable other plugins do increase the price of overall use -Platform keeps having bugs every now and then - so do the plugins -Does require basic coding knowledge for some of the customization -The templates available are hard to edit

Romain O.
Romain O.
Consultant en Francia
Marketing y publicidad, 2-10 empleados

Excellent

4,0 la semana pasada Nuevo

Bigcommerce facilitates the creation of your online store in a simplified manner.

Puntos en contra:

very complex for beginners, otherwise I have nothing else to say. They do a good job

Norma estela R.
Norma estela R.
Content creator en México
Medios de difusión, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Is BigCommerce your best option?

4,0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: It offers interesting functions and I have found it useful for web site design. I think that it is an expensive software compared to others and that you can find the functions it offers at a lower price.

I like its variety of spaces to manage a business and that it has the intention that everything can be done from the same app because it seems to be focused on companies that want to create a site to grow. Shipments are customized and its tax system offers great flexibility. It has interesting marketing tools and offers good search engine optimization. I also like that the payment type is customizable and has an interface that can be easily used

Puntos en contra:

Their prices are increasing significantly compared to the competition. Do not listen to recommendations to add new and improved features. Is focused primarily on the U.S. market, leaving aside the rest of the world that is interested in its services.

Justin D.
Justin D.
Director of E-commerce & Marketing en EE. UU.
Comercio minorista, 201-500 empleados

TYLER'S x BigCommerce

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: BigCommerce has been absolutely phenomenal. We're glad to be based in Austin, Texas alongside some of the BigCommerce team. Their support staff has been instrumental in our ability to adjust when a problem arises, and find a long term solution to ensure our ongoing success.

BigCommerce has developed a simplistic software that's allowing small and mid size companies to maneuver at scale. We've been able to learn and adapt new strategies as their team continues to open new capabilities to developers and as they push development in their app market. Fast and reliable apps will be key to building and maintaining the next evolution of ecommerce businesses and having that infrastructure in place will be pivotal in the years to come.

Puntos en contra:

When we teamed up with BigCommerce, they were a newer competitor in the market. Some similar companies were able to offer functionalities that were limiting to our initial growth through ecommerce. Being a brick and mortar based business since 1978, we had a multitude of functionalities needed to keep up with our physical locations. Although they couldn't offer these features out of the gate, they were quick to get them implemented and worked closely with us to resolve our issues.

Margaret M.
Margaret M.
UX Analyst en EE. UU.
Diseño, 51-200 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Great e-commmerce platform if you can't afford custom designs but have a large inventory of products

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: The company I worked for had a B2B e-commerce website, but wanted to start a second e-commerce site that was more B2C focused since the clientele had different needs, and the B2B site was not set up to accommodate all the new B2C business. We were able to set it up quickly and provide accurate shipping costs and product option costs.

I loved the versatility available for building product pages, being able to set it up so pricing adjusts automatically for different product options, and the import/export functions to update large inventories via Excel documents instead of manually editing within the web app.

Puntos en contra:

Initial setup can be confusing, especially when new to e-commerce and knowing how to tell it to calculate tax, shipping, etc. Their customer service is great though, so if you're confused about a setting you can call and talk to someone very quickly. I rarely ever waited more than 5 minutes to talk to a rep.

Mark K.

Alternativas consideradas:

Bigcommerce edged out the competition for my online store.

4,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I tried several shopping cart e-commerce solutions and found that Bigcommerce suited my needs the most. I ended up using a free style template and customized it myself saving me a lot of money. Online and phone support are top notch!

The ease of use was a major factor in my decision to go with Bigcommerce. There are many choices out there for online retailers to build their storefront. I liked the ease of customization and the large amount of standard features. Their integration with online marketplaces and social media really saves a lot of time.

Puntos en contra:

There is an annual sales cap that I'm worried about, but when I get to that point I will just upgrade the service to where I need it. There are not enough free store style templates available. Custom styles get very costly. Some features that should be standard are non existent.

Rick C.
CEO en EE. UU.
Hardware informático, 51-200 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

If you are serious about growing your business, there is no other platform to consider.

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: For the most part, BC is attentive and addresses our issues. Reps change more frequently than I would like and they are not very helpful. Most aren't there long enough to learn the position. The core staff and the support team are second to none. There is not one weak link on the support team. You will not understand how important this is until you need help from another provider and wait 30 minutes to talk to someone who knows less about the product than you and learned English as a second or third language.

BigCommerce Support is not only the best there for an e-commerce platform. It is the single best support compared to every provider I have ever used. They answer the phones quickly. The person who picks up the phone knows what he/she is doing. Calls never have to be escalated and the issue is (almost) always resolved. My issues are normally fixed within 10 minutes of picking up the phone to dial. BC doesn't waste your time. PCI compliance was a big part of why we moved. BC takes it all on. We no longer have to provide scan reports or do any paperwork. Consistent conversion rates - there are few ups and downs. I can depend on my site to be functional. Adding products, categories and landing pages is simple. 2 months after moving to BigCommerce I let my entire development team go. We no longer needed any of them. Training an employee to add products takes just a few minutes.

Puntos en contra:

Some things seem to take forever to get done. 301 redirects are difficult to manage and a fix has been in and out of the works for years. Product page load times can exceed 1000ms. Mobile PageSpeed is big in Google's eyes and we are slower than average.

Jason K.
Impresión, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Easy to use but they didn't have my back

4,0 hace 11 meses

Comentarios: At first it was great, but as they got bigger they didn't seem to value my business the same way and forced me to pay almost 3 times what I had agreed to. I was happy to switch to a competitor when I did.

I liked that it was very easy to figure out. It was updated regularly and laid out nicely. I built my first e-commerce store on my own using this software.

Puntos en contra:

I kept hitting walls with what I wanted to do. Some of the features were limiting like "Options" and I kept hoping they would improved them. They also made a change to their pricing structure and took away Customer Groups on the plan I was on. It was $29/mo and then all of a sudden it was $79/mo. I wish they grandfathered me in. When I called to complain or work something out, they had a take it or leave it attitude... so I left it.

Comercio minorista, Trabajador autónomo

Easy to use and scale

5,0 hace 3 meses

Comentarios: We have been with BigCommerce for six years now and have had very minimal downtime. The rare instances we've had to contact customer support have been handled quickly. Support forums and customer facebook group monitored by BC have been a tremendous help when troubleshooting or looking for ways to customize our online store.

Out of the box, BigCommerce has more built in features than other online carts out there. Pretty straightforward setup making it fairly easy to get up and running in little time.

Puntos en contra:

Not as easy to customize themes/store interface. When you edit the source code you need to make sure you document what was done as the changes don't carry over when you update the theme of your site.

Tom L.
Head of IT en EE. UU.
Comercio mayorista, 51-200 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

It Does The Job. What You Would Expect For An Ecommerce Site.

4,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: We have been using BigCommerce for quite some time now. No so thrill about it nor are we dissatisfied with the platform. For what we need, it does the job. But we would not make it our go-to platform if we need specific function or customization. It seems there's almost little to no guide out there if we want to customize. We have to seek a developer who knows how to customize BigCommerce and even then, they charge quite a bit for what we needed. Would recommend for people who want a basic ecommerce site. But if you want to have customization, Big Commerce is not the way to go.

It is quick to set up. Easy for a non-technical person to manage when starting out with little to no experience in ecommerce. Has everything you would expect from an e-commerce platform. Great layout for product and checkout page.

Puntos en contra:

Customization is very limited. Even when you try to get some tech support from their team. They tell you they're not developer and would suggest some options with using their partners services. There's very little help if you want to customize basic attributes. The platform setup is quite limited if you want to change specific part of the layout.

Alana K.
VP en EE. UU.

Definitely better than Shopify

5,0 hace 2 años

I like the customer support, usually they can help with any problem. Their stores do a good job out of the box but for me, with over $10,000 products, it was a headache!

Puntos en contra:

I guess everyone is always looking for more flexibility. Their confirmation, invoice, etc. emails are the worst!

Jennifer H.
Jennifer H.
Front-end Developer en EE. UU.
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 2-10 empleados

Love it!

5,0 hace 3 años

We've been using Bigcommerce (or BC, for short) for about 4 years now, and we love it. It makes ecommerce easy and efficient.

Puntos en contra:

There are some instances where the lack of control or access to the server has caused us to change some of our plans, but it's nothing I would call a dealbreaker.

Renata A.
Digital Account Manager en EE. UU.
Marketing y publicidad, 2-10 empleados

Great E-Commerce Solution!

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: It's a pleasant and delightful experience. It is a robust e-commerce solution for B2B, B2C and Wholesalers.

At our agency, we were used to working with WooCommerce, Shopify and we had never really worked with BigCommerce. Until we decided that it was time to step things up for one of our clients. We had a delightful surprise to see that BigCommerce is one of the most complete platforms out there, that is extremely user friendly whilst being robust and complete. You have every type of solution you can imagine within your platform. From Wholesale B2B to a simple one page shop, you can build it all. BigCommerce offers amazing templates you can choose from, and also the Cornerstone which is a blank canvas. As an agency, we've gone through the partnership process and we are officially a part of BigCommerce marketplace!

Puntos en contra:

What I don't like is how the development can be a bit different than what we're accustomed to, and not as user friendly as Wordpress. For instance, on Wordpress our team can set up the background in a friendly way for our customers to use and manipulate sections without the need of a developer 24hs helping them. Now as far as BigCommerce goes, the way some pages are set up require you to have an intermediate understanding of HTML if you want to manipulate some text and imagery. I find this quite difficult since our clients are the ones changing content on the website once we hand it off to them.

Operations Manager en Canadá
Alimentación y bebidas, 2-10 empleados

Ecommerce Platform with Great Customer Service

4,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: In general, I am very satisfied with the product. It serves its purpose for a reliable and easy to set up ecommerce platform with lowmaintenance cost.

Although the platform offers a lot of features for an ecommerce business to be able to run daily operations and analyze data, my favourite part by far is the fact that it has a great customer service. Every time when there is an issue with the website or we have questions, we can chat with a representative from Bigcommerce. Their customer service is very reliable and knowledgeable. No waiting on the phone, no back and fort transferring between reps. Technical support is right there for you.

Puntos en contra:

I wish there were more applications that can be easily integrated. Compared to Shopify, Bigcommerce doesn't offer as vast variety of options.

Adam M.
IT Manager en EE. UU.
Seguridad pública, 2-10 empleados

BigCommerce Review

4,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: It works, and we need the software as we couldn't integrate two Shopify stores into our ERP. I hope we can expect BigCommerce to keep adding features because they really do have a lot of catching up to do.

We stated using BigCommerce as the software behind our new website redesign. We like the ease of setting up the products, product customization and the large pool of experienced companies that design BigCommerce storefronts. It was easy to get setup and our new website was running in about 6 months.

Puntos en contra:

The order management system they have in place is just not good. You cannot edit orders. Which customers expect us to be able to do. If a customer wants to add an item you can add the item, but you cannot charge the customer for the additional item within BigCommerce software. Same goes with removing items from orders. If you remove an item from an order it does not give you an option to refund the difference. You have to do that outside BigCommerce software. Our website has been live on BigCommerce for about 4 weeks now and we just experienced our fist "outage" in over 5 years. So I am not optimistic about uptime since the site has already gone down once, and it has only been live for 4 weeks. Using BigCommerce it is hard to search for and find orders, even if you have an order number you are redirected to the "advanced search". Instead of being able to type in an order number and find the order you have to type in the number, wait for the advanced search page to load then type in the order number again. Come...on...guys. The same with product search. I can copy and paste a product name directly from our storefront, search in BigCommerce, then I get redirected to another "advanced search" page. Where I have to enter the SAME SEARCH again, then I get results. We are on an "enterprise" plan that in some ways, has less features than a store we run on a "basic" Shopify plan for less than 1/3 the cost. Inventory tracking is also not great.

Daniel Q.
Automoción, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Bigcommerce good for e-commerce store

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: we have been using bigcommerce for about 2 years in our ecommerce website, we used before woocomerce which requires more programming knowledge and it is more time consuming, since we moved to bigcommerce, we noticed a huge difference in the speed of the website, with bigcommerce and basic knowledge of HTML you can accomplish a lot of goals and modifications of the templates, but if you don't have any website programming knowledge you can still have your decent website, the package that bigcommerce include with their pricing you have enough tools to start runing your business without investing too much time. we save a lot of time with bigcommerce , uploading the products through CSV files and then we can export back all the info from bigcommerce to others marketplaces like eBay or Amazon, we recommend bigcommerce if you don't want to spend too much money but at the same time you would like to have a decent website, we just recommend to bigcommerce add more features to customize the website, like make more dynamic like other competitors can offer like Wix, and also offer more different templates, animations, etc , with more professional look, they haven't updated the templates a long time ago, just basic updates thank you

-Very reliable -Speed Website -Friendly user -able to sync to 3rd parties app -good pricing -simply to use

Puntos en contra:

-lack of templates options -lack of options that other competitors have -freedom to personalized the website, most of the stuff is better to use the template -limited on options to add videos or other links options type of fonts styles animations like other competitors

Asher J.
Financial Director en Jamaica
Bienes de consumo, 11-50 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

BigCommerce is a great online store solution.

5,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: We have used BigCommerce for over 6 years, and it has proved to be a fantastic online store solution, offering a simple interface, every feature you need, ease of payment for customers, and simple integration.

Order management is the strongest point of BigCommerce, and that is exactly what you want from an online store. Integration is simple and accurate, reporting and analytics are comprehensive, and the scalable pricing structure is the cherry on top. An excellent product.

Puntos en contra:

I really don't have any complaints about BigCommerce. Oh wait, I thought of one - Stop asking me to change my password every 3 months - it's annoying !

Harsha V.
Application engineer en India
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 201-500 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Best online platform for start-ups and beginners to innovate business.

5,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: This platform helps in starting a new business for starters. The user interface is user friendly in which the products can be built easily with great security. The support in this Application is very helpful in expanding the products over the globe.

The feature available in this application helps to learn about the current market and help us to build the dedicated products. The marketing of our products online through different applications like Instagram helps in a major Part. The user interface and Mobile user friendly is very helpful. The detailed marketing helps in developing the business overall the globe.

Puntos en contra:

The themes while building the platform is quite expensive and editing feature can be added which helps in major role. The interface can be improved.