15 años ayudando a las empresas españolas
a elegir el mejor software

Sobre MariaDB

Una base de datos SQL fiable y escalable que es un reemplazo mejorado y fácil de usar para MySQL.

Descubre más sobre MariaDB

Puntos en contra:

MariaDB is no longer completely compatible with MySQL. Which makes migration a tedious process.

Valoraciones de MariaDB

Evaluación media

Facilidad de uso
Atención al cliente
Funcionalidades
Relación calidad-precio

Probabilidad de recomendación

MariaDB tiene una valoración global de 4,7 estrellas sobre 5 según las 71 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Has utilizado MariaDB?

Filtrar opiniones (71)

George Williams
Consejo Ejecutivo en México
Oficina ejecutiva, 1.001-5.000 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Prueba gratis

¡Excelente!

5,0 hace 4 años

La facilidad y que es gratuito, fantástica app.

Puntos en contra:

Todo me ha gustado, en realidad no hay nada que no.

Cindy
Cindy
Owner en Sudáfrica
Marketing y publicidad, 11-50 empleados

MariaDB Review

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: My overall experience with MariaDB has been very favorable. I like the clustering features a lot, and it's built in already, which is awesome since it saves me time. I like that I can export my entire database in to MariaDB, be it a little hard to figure out at first but once you get the hang of it you will do better with it the next time round.

What I like most about MariaDB is that if you know how to use MySQL then you will definitely know how to use MariaDB! With some added functionality and features it is much faster and it is pretty stable to use. The database is free to use, but lightweight in comparison to my sequel so it's perfect for starter to medium sized projects.

Puntos en contra:

What I like least about MariaDB is that you will definitely need some guidance at first if you are not already familiar with this kind of software, especially when it comes to things like creating a new cluster. If you do run into a snag though the MariaDB community is very helpful and usually answer quick if you need a few pointers. There are also tons of forums and help guides you can refer to if need be.

Rob
Rob
WSO2 Trainer and Integration Consultant en Países Bajos
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 51-200 empleados

MariaDB a good RDBMS

4,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: We want to be able to migrate data in our training from a H2 (flat file) database to an RDBMS enviroment that can be shared among multiple servers. Furthermore we want a simple command line where we can use easy commands to create and manipulate data. MariaDB offers all that.

MariaDB is our personal choice for the RDBMS in our training environment. it is simple to setup on linux as well as windows and is leightweigth yet performant. it starts quickly and does not take up too much space on disk. I use mainly the terminal interface doing simple commands from the mysql command line. I like the fact that it is compatible with mysql (of which it is of course a fork). When i want to have a graphical overview of the databases and tables i use a separate tool called DBeaver to show the ERD and look at the tables. Most of the time we work with a limited number of database records, but also have a complete dataset of all registered vehicles nationally (16+ million records) which is also performing. All within of course our training environment.

Puntos en contra:

There is nothing I really dislike about it. It performs well, we can use it without incurring cost and it performs and is stable.

Osman
Senior Software Engineer en Turquía
Software informático, 1.001-5.000 empleados

MariaDB_01

4,0 hace 2 años

it is a free database management system. it is good to store relational data.

Puntos en contra:

There are many database that will be good alternative to MariaDB

Eljakim
Eljakim
Contest Director en Países Bajos
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 11-50 empleados

Alternativas consideradas previamente:

MariaDB as a drop in replacement for MySQL just works

4,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: We use it to store all of our data.

It is so much faster than MySQL, especially when we alter the table structure of large tables it just works so much faster. The built in clustering features work quite well as well.

Puntos en contra:

Starting a cluster is annoying. It's not overly hard, but you have to remember the statements. It would be a lot better if the startup script would say 'cannot attach to cluster, start a new one?' or something similar. Despite the speed, we have had a couple of crashes where we could not startup the server. This has never happened to our MySQL servers, so that was a surprise. It may have been a specific 10.2 version on Ubuntu, because on our 18.04LTS servers this has not happened again. Performance of the cluster when using INSERT IGNORE statements with 100,000s of records that are all duplicates is a lot slower than on MySQL.

Hisham
General Manager en Egipto
Software informático, 2-10 empleados

Best Database server ever

5,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: I am using it in ERP systems and applications, all my cloud applications uses MariaDB as backend.

Easy, Fast, Secured, and stable.Can hold huge data also.

Puntos en contra:

Perfomance tunning needs more tools to get best performance.

Ali
Ali
Server administrator en Marruecos
Seguridad informática y de redes, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

MariaDB is more reliable compared to MySQL.

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: MariaDB is a reliable database management system, open source and backed up by a huge community of users and developers.

After Oracle which is a company for developing Databases, acquired MySQL which was the most popular database in the world. the Team behind developing Mysql forked the source code under the name MariaDB. to insure Oracle is not going to kill MySQL in favor of it's proprietary database software. which makes MariaDB a very reliable open source community supported project.

Puntos en contra:

Mariadb seems to work exactly like Mysql with very minor differnces.

Torikul
Torikul
Freelancer - Web Developer en Bangladés
Internet, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

MariaDB is an outstanding database that is so easy to use

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I've used MariaDB for my project purpose, developed a web application for my client. MariaDB database was really helpful for me and I was able to do that project successfully.

I was a newbie when I start using MariaDB but the database was pretty easy to handle and use. This database can do competition with MySQL because both databases have good quality and usability. I know some developers and clients like MariaDB more than MySQL because MariaDB has an extra smoothness that makes the work more perfect. Its features, functionality, table management, edit are really good and comfortable to use, even it works fast and quickly when a command has been made.

Puntos en contra:

I can remember just one negative side with MariaDB that is migration related. It wasn't a good experience when I tried to migrate data for the first time. It was complicated and I still feel that it's complicated!

Juegos de ordenador, 2-10 empleados

MariaDB Review

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: It was easy to use for me because I have experience with other DBMS like MySQL. Its free and its very fast. I would always Recommend it to others.

It's quick to load and operate, and it's fairly stable. I appreciate that I can export my complete database to MariaDB; it's a little tricky at first, but after you get the hang of it, you'll be able to do a better job the next time you use it. The database is free to use, but it's a much lighter than my sequel, so it's ideal for small to medium applications.

Puntos en contra:

Honestly there isn't anything I hate about MariaDB, I wish more developers tried and used it.

Aníbal
Aníbal
Programador en Venezuela
Fuente de la reseña

Great experience a fast database and without many novelties

5,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: Currently I am carrying out a project independently for one of my clients and we have chosen MariaDB as a database, which gives me the advantage of being able to offer a simple and stable service without recharging the price of the licenses, although the time in what I have tried is little. I hope that this software is maintained over time and continues to grow. With MariaDB I have grown personally and professionally

MariaDB is something new in the market and at the beginning I was not sure about making the migration, but it has been very easy to use and has shown a lot of stability and speed, I really like it to be OpenSource with the software under the GPL license. This reduces many costs which gives a point in favor when choosing it, I like that it has a large community where there are always people willing to help in any problem, its configuration in the servers is quite simple and with very few resources can have the service operational, I like that the hosting providers have added it at no additional cost, which makes me consider it a lot when I'm going to implement a content manager or an electronic commerce system. New tables are an advantage in INFORMATION_SCHEMA

Puntos en contra:

Although the community has tried to guarantee 100% compatibility with MySQL the reality is that it is not quite true when migrating to MariaDB it is necessary to change some data types that are not available. I did not like that it is necessary to uninstall MySQL on my development servers in order to install MariaDB. This software is fine for small and medium projects but it is limited when you need a robust database and with many long and frequent queries so for large projects it is not a good option.

Armando
Armando
Network Manager en Paraguay
Redes informáticas, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

DB That makes difficult things easy.

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: With MariaDB I was able to get transactions above 52,000/sec between selects and filters. Real-time statistics with 3rd party tools allow you to see the correct operation. My implementations are at medium scales. They worked very well without much parameterization and tuning.

What I appreciate the most about MariaDB is the interoperability it provides with the different DB administration tools, the compatibility, simplicity and robustness when handling large transactions places confidence in the product. I have been using it for 7 years with File Repositories DB.

Puntos en contra:

When performing dumps and/or migrations, it is usually a little problematic. It is necessary to use the correct parameters to obtain a comprehensive and secure backup for new installations. Experience in this context is required.

Maha
Assistant Professor en EE. UU.
Software informático, 501-1.000 empleados

MariaDB: An open-source alternative to MySQL

4,0 hace 8 meses

The most appealing feature of MariaDB is its open-source license that allows us to use it freely in academia to teach relational database management courses. The setup and deployment are extremely easy and streamlines with a very intuitive phpmyadmin web interface. Before it was integrated with MySQL. After Oracle corporation changed the MySQL open-source license, MariaDb is now a great alternative that would really exceed the expectations in terms of developing and testing RDBMS concepts and models.

Puntos en contra:

The performance lags in many cases especially when deploying on Cloud IaaS platforms. Though theses instances are not arising frequently but we believe that MariaDb can go a long way towards improving and becoming a fierce competitor to the big names in the RDBMs arena today.

Tecnología y servicios de la información, 2-10 empleados

Alternativas consideradas previamente:

Best and easy-to-use database software.

4,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: MariaDB is great for business. It has better performance than other database software. Easy to install and host, with varies of configurations.

It has very similar queue style and command styling to MySQL. But with additional functions. It is easy to adapt to and I can export or import any database in MariaDB software. It also has a lot of storage type which we definitely need it.

Puntos en contra:

Migration sometimes can be hard especially when you are upgrading the software. But most of the time we can solve it on our own or with the help of the community of MariaDB.

Automatización industrial, 501-1.000 empleados

90% of your needs covered

5,0 el año pasado

There is little you cannot do with it. Almost any database needs are covered by mariadb (formerly mysql) open source dbms. It is very fast, it provides many functions for data manipulation and if installed in good hardware it can take a huge load.

Puntos en contra:

There is little to none to be unhappy about mariadb. Maybe we could talk about cluster performance and advanced functions for usage in the cloud, but still it covers 90% of use cases out there.

Wassim
Associate Professor en EE. UU.
Redes informáticas, 501-1.000 empleados

MariaDB: Cost-effective Database Environment for Cloud Development

4,0 hace 8 meses

Comentarios: Excellent experience. I recommend MariaDB for beginner developers and those testing with RDBMS environments.

The open source license makes MariaDB the most cost-effective RDBMS solution on the market today. It has the main features in the MySQL database, it is actually incepted by the MySQL developers with very similar functionality, performance, and client management.

Puntos en contra:

We don't expect the performance to be up to the competitions with DBMS leaders such as Oracle and DB2. But still it is a great development and deployment RDBMS that can facilitate testing database applications before moving to another database in the production phase.

Hardware informático, 51-200 empleados

Review for MariaDB

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I always use MariaDB for mine as well as mine client's project.

It is very much faster than MySQL, It can aslo be used to build web application for the clients. It has alot of features amazing functionalities and table and table management. Its 100% compatible and much important it is easy to use.

Puntos en contra:

The price is bit expensive but free version also alot of work can be done.

Network Admin en EE. UU.
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

MariaDB: Open open source database goodness

5,0 hace 3 años

MariaDB is 100% compatible with MySQL queries and everything else. A 100% drop in replacement that is guaranteed to stay open source forever. You have a vast ecosystem of support and updates and tools. It just works, and I think that is the best thing you can really say about a piece of software. Install it, configure it, run the updates and it just keeps chugging along without an issue.

Puntos en contra:

And now the 1 gripe. Price. The free edition is more then enough for 99.95% of our clients and what they do. When we needed a little bit more, the price was out of control. What we needed could be duplicated in other ways, but to get it "built in" was not worth it.

Joel
Joel
Software Engineer en República Democrática del Congo
Aprendizaje en línea, 2-10 empleados

Alternativas consideradas previamente:

The simple way to manage data

4,0 hace 9 meses

In first time it's open source and it capacity of large amount of data management

Puntos en contra:

Cluster creation is not simple to manage and some lack of interoperability with MySQL

Justin
DevOps Engineer en EE. UU.
Software informático, 201-500 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Great product, but MySQL is still the standard

4,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: MariaDB is easy to set up and use, but I worry that its community support isn't where it needs to be in order to be a top contender against MySQL.

MariaDB has picked up the community-oriented development mindset where MySQL left off since being acquired by Oracle. I've had virtually no problems with stability, and MariaDB seems to be actively developed.

Puntos en contra:

Unfortunately, the majority of the community still seems to use MySQL, and that will become a problem as MySQL and MariaDB continue to diverge. How many developers will want to support both platforms? It's difficult to say.

Debjit
Freelancer en India
Tecnología y servicios de la información, Trabajador autónomo
Fuente de la reseña

My second best RDBMS software and best opensource software.

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: I love the idea of open-source so as opensource this is my best DB software. I love the idea of it and similarity with mysql as it is a fork of it. If you already used any SQL software/server before then you can find this pice of software your next best thing. This fast and light feature of it is the dealbreaker. VPS with 512MB ram can run mariaDB with 1000's of users which I cant think with Mysql or any other software. Love to see this awesome pice of software success. For support you always have it sorted by someone before and you just need to search.

This is an opensource solutions which is a fork of MySql. I love how light it is compared to other softwares. It is reliable, light, much faster alternative. If you know mySQL then it is just the free version of it.

Puntos en contra:

I ran into some configuration problem when trying to configure it on my VPS server. It doesn't have lots of tutorials like other, but you can always find a way around of it. You cannot get personalize support for this software like others, because it is a comunity based DB software. Less update and bug fixing sometime make word really hard.

Software informático, 501-1.000 empleados

Alternativas consideradas previamente:

Software engineer's experience using MariaDB.

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I have used MariaDB in several projects in place of MySQL. Where I needed better performance.

It integrates perfectly with applications in various programming languages. It is compatible with MySQL. It is very popular and well-known. Better performance than MySQL.

Puntos en contra:

It does not support data masking. Less popular than PostgreSQL or MySQL.

Franscislyne
Developpeur en Côte d’Ivoire
Software informático, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

MariaDB pour vos bases de données

4,0 hace 3 meses

Comentarios: Un gestion de bases de données très simple

MariaDB est un gestionnaire de bases de données intégrer dans MySQL, pour vos projet web

Puntos en contra:

MariaDB est limité en terme de capacité de données à stocker

Tecnología y servicios de la información, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

MariaDB is fast and stable

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: It's fast, it's actually free to use even in a cluster, and it works. Hasn't let us down yet!

It truly is a drop-in replacement for MySQL. Especially when you alter the table structure of an existing table with millions of rows the lock time goes down from 10s of minutes to 10s of seconds. Setting up a Galera cluster is not trivial, especially starting it the first time, but when it's up and running, it works really well.

Puntos en contra:

Starting up a Galera cluster is annoying. The first node needs a manual start. They need to come up with a better way for non-database-people to easily start it up. Also we get many small Galera log files that sometimes just fill up the inodes on the server; why they don't just keep adding to the same log file is a mystery to us.

Héctor
Héctor
CEO / Lead Architect en Honduras
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 51-200 empleados

Better than MySQL

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Is a complete, with a great community database with a feature set that grows version after version easy to work with most programming languages and truly open source.

It is based on MySQL, and has great compatibility with tools based on it, it is OpenSource like MySQL, but the difference is that MariaDB is governed by the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] of MySQL and not Oracle, Oracle is a Closed Source Database company, If someday they decide to remove the plug on MySQL or making it weaker to sell their products there would be no option to MySQL users, but MariaDB exists now.

Puntos en contra:

It's missing some statistic tools that PostGreSQL already comes with, they can be added but it might be kind of cumbersome, Tools are not as polished as MySQL Workbench, DBeaver is the best one that I tried but have some issues from time to time.

Robert
Robert
GIS Analyst en EE. UU.
Tecnología y servicios de la información, Trabajador autónomo

Home Server

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: overall the product does what it's supposed and doesn't complicate things too much. Using this software with docker has made my entire development environment as near to Plug-n-Play / Set-and-Forget as I can imagine it.

Stable and quick. I have multiple dev environments that I run for testing and general project development. MariaDB has more up to date releases on arm-type devices and has a much more supported docker container than other databases.

Puntos en contra:

The only improvement really needs to be general support. SQL syntax is pretty universal but there are some minor quirks that I had to end up fixing with StackOverflow answers after having no luck with the forum.