Opiniones de Zen Planner

Sobre Zen Planner

Software de gestión de miembros de gimnasios con procesamiento de pagos, sitios web integrados, seguimiento de la asistencia, programación, automatizaciones y más.

Descubre más sobre Zen Planner

It was a very cheap cost to have the application run so for that it was very good since the cost of the gym was so high.

Puntos en contra:

Overall we would not recommend this software. It seems as if the team behind it has lost heart for the program and isn't keeping up with the competition.

Valoraciones de Zen Planner

Evaluación media

Facilidad de uso
Atención al cliente
Funcionalidades
Relación calidad-precio

Probabilidad de recomendación

Zen Planner tiene una valoración global de 4,3 estrellas sobre 5 según las 243 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Has utilizado Zen Planner?

Filtrar opiniones (243)

Itzak
CEO/Owner en EE. UU.
Deportes, Trabajador autónomo

Alternativas consideradas:

Perfect for managing a martial arts studio

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I was really impressed on how well they understand how martial art schools work. The software takes into account everything you need to keep your school running - from scheduling out classes students reserve for, to taking payments and setting up merchant accounts, to desk check-in software, to students having their own portal to track their membership and status. Customer support was very helpful during the onboarding.

You can tell this software was designed for martial artists. One of my favorite things you can do is designate belt rankings to students, and design your system in a way that when a student is ready to test for the next belt, whether its the amount of time they've been training with the studio, to achieving certain skills required, Zen Planner notifies you and helps you plan belt testing. I loved that they recognize how important it is for martial art schools to know where students rank. I was able to plan out all my belts, what skills are required and minimum of time with the school they need to have to test. Most gym software don't recognize all the small nuances that martial art schools need to track where their students stand.

Puntos en contra:

The apps for desk login can be a little buggie sometimes and require an update or reset the iPad to get the software to work.

Respuesta de Daxko

hace 2 años

Thank you so much for your review. We are proud to empower and serve martial arts communities around the globe.

Teagan
Assistant Opperational Manager en EE. UU.

Finally Found the Right System

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: This software has made this much more simple and allowed us to enhance our customers experience in our facility!

-Set up was detailed step by step process and had video reviews that our staff could go back to -Customer service is the best that we have seen -Hotline always has a person you can talk to (have answered every question we have had and has taught us how to solve the problem should it ever come up again) - Hotline is available 7am-7pm -Email (you can send a detailed email and have it answered within one business day) - Our on-boarding assistant fallowed up with us after a month to make sure everything was running - Has easy quick reporting - Great schedule (imbeds into website so you do not have to leave company page) -Great point of sale (imbeds into website so you do not have to leave company page) - Mobil app is simple for customers and makes scheduling simple

Puntos en contra:

online mobil site cannot work with out cookies which most smart phones automatically disable so we needed to send out an email with instructions on how to enable them

hace 3 años

Thank you for the review, Teagan! We're glad you've found the right system for your business!

Kim
Owner & Instructor en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

You can't beat their support team!

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I am love the people at ZP. There isn't one person I've come in contact with that hasn't been helpful, positive, encouraging, understanding and cheerful. I went to their office because I was starting a new program and wanted help with the set up of the program and the membership. They set me up with one person to be my helper that day. Now what company will do that? I can tell you that no other software company I've used would've offered me that. Also, love the Zen Academy. I learned about so many more things the software could do for me that I wasn't either using or doing in a google spreadsheet . So now ZP is helping me save more precious time and I'm learning more about my business in the process. Thank you reports and automations!

Honestly, their customer support! However, I don't have to call often as the on boarding team set me up wonderfully to begin with. But the support articles answer almost all my questions so I don't have to call. I am a small studio and don't have a front desk staff but ZP does it all for me (well, allows my clients to do it all for me). It is super easy to use on all fronts.

Puntos en contra:

I have't run into anything that I don't like. I use ZP on my laptop in a web browser and I've found it confusing to try the staff app on my phone or tablet. This old dog struggles with learning new tricks :) So we can't blame ZP for that.

hace 3 años

Thanks for your feedback, Kim!

Beth
Director en EE. UU.

Good Overall Studio Management Software

4,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: The migration process was rocky. About 30% of the database has inaccuracies. They need to improve and automate this process. Tech support is excellent. Customer support was slow to resolve a billing issue I had. They refused to speak to me on the phone and did not return emails. But everything finally got straightened out with persistence on my part, and an effort to make up for the issue on their part. Overall, customer support is generally very good. The software works well, is not buggy. Overall, I really like the software except for the way purchasing works.

Reporting is excellent, the best I've seen. I like the fact you can create your own reports. After learning how to use the system we have been able to create any reports we need. That is definitely not the case for Mindbody or Wellness Living. The Kiosk application is nice to have and our clients like it, but needs some improvement. The Front Desk and Kiosk Applications are easy to learn which is helpful as we have 10 teachers at the center.

Puntos en contra:

The POS system does not work like all other online systems (choose what you want, put in user info, payment info then press complete or check out and credit card is charged), and works differently in their different interfaces. The Front Desk software does not allow for discounts (that is being addresses in a future release). The Dashboard processes the sale, then you have to process the payment separately in a different step. In the beginning we lost sales because our staff was confused. Many of my teachers are still unsure whether a sale goes through or not. When the Front Desk application can accept accept discounts and credit card swipes it will greatly improve the POS process. The client kiosk does not include a form for entering info for new clients and signing a waiver. For some strange reason that is on the staff side of the application. We keep it on the staff application but it means after a client signs the waiver they could get to a screen that offers a free class, which we do not actually offer. I have a hard time understanding why that is baked into their software, it is not considered a best practice. We have found work arounds for these issues but would like to see an updated and more robust kiosk application. The automated emails are very good and it integrates with Mail Chimp. You can also implement a retention process with tasks assigned to different people.

hace 3 años

Thanks for the feedback, Beth!

Fuente de la reseña

Excellent product with futures that are practical, easy to use, and visually appealing

4,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Endless , independence and function. Being a small business owner it allows me to run and automate many things such as financial reports, workouts, attendance. Reservation, automations of emails for customer retention , sales funnel , customer support, technically forward thingkong woth use of apps for iPad and iPhone to allow me to function on the run , away from the office, in the field, and manage coaches.

I love zenplanner. They started out with few features and no apps but they promised to improve regularly and they deliver. In the short 4 years I have been using they have incorporated a staff app for the iPhone, a users app to reserve, keep track of workouts , PRs, billing and much more. an app for the front desk to use as checking in, reserving, adding new clients at ease. On each of these products they improve and incorporated new needed features faster than any software I have ever used. Their customer service is truly second to none. Helping you not only in the set up stage but anytime you need help and they work to resolve your problem immediately. The software not only is packed full of great functions for financial, workout writing and publishing, emailing automation, reports of attendance, finances , and mass email intervention but it does it with a sleek appearance that is not only visually appealing but with an easy of use that it's simple and powerful.

Puntos en contra:

Software is still growing and some features , not many anymore, can be improved. This is truly the worse thing I can think off as I have tried many many others do never been so satisfied and impressed with them delivering a great product and on a regular bases truly adding features to improve it without making it more complicated for the user.

Jen
Event Coordinator en EE. UU.
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 11-50 empleados

Customer support is outstanding

4,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I'd give it a B- on a grading scale. The customer support is outstanding but any time you want to go beyond just keeping track of how many students you have, things become way too complicated.

Customer support really is top notch. The on boarding team is fantastic and truly went out of their way to ensure we had every available resource for success. Any little quirky issue or question we have is answered quickly and professionally by the customer support team. They are fantastic.

Puntos en contra:

The basics are great but it seems to go from "ok to use" to "I have absolutely no idea what to do here" the minute any complication arises. There does not need to be a "staff user" and a "kiosk mode" on the Ipads, it confuses everyone and wastes a lot of time. Converting reports to pdf feature should be a breeze, but doesn't convert the entire report and is useless. It should have a much easier pos system as well. No real way for instructors to leave notes for students, why not? Never use the mass email or text because its just too complicated-these things can be fixed if they gave it some attention.

hace 3 años

Thanks, Jen, we'll pass your good words on to our customer support team!

Maribel
Co-Owner en EE. UU.

Keeps me organized

4,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I'm not the most organized person and doing all admin, billing as well a coaching my clients, Zen Planner helps to keep the back end of my business organized and running smoothly. The automations are great if they're set up correctly. Their customer support is amazing!! Not much waiting time and my issues are always resolved. When I started, they're pricing was pretty competitive. Although, they've gotten much pricier over the past year.

Having automated billing, emails and scheduling. Being able to pull billing reports at a moment's notice to see where my finances are is a plus.

Puntos en contra:

Having so many options for reports and automations. It can be very confusing at times and sometimes having two steps to accomplish a task isn't clear.

hace 2 años

Thank you, Maribel!

Justin

8+ year user

5,0 hace 5 meses

Comentarios: Excellent.

The service. I don't call in often but if I need help it's always there.

Puntos en contra:

Changing password info every 3 months is my biggest gripe.

drew
owner en EE. UU.

Alternativas consideradas:

easy to use to run my business for apointment settings

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: this has done wonders for my business I dont need someone to confirm appointments

when setting apointments customers can do it online and it sends out confirmations and reminds of appointments so they have no excuse to not miss an appointment

Puntos en contra:

could be cheaper per month. sometimes is slow but does the job

hace 3 años

Thank you for the kind words, Drew!

Mike

Cheaper, better, friendlier

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: I love their service and how much they've helped me. I would like the ACH only option for memberships though!

The customer service and ease of use, especially that everything you would essentially need is included with ZenPlanner, unlike MindBody or Triib. It's also cheaper because of PaySimple's merchant integration and I don't think most fitness businesses need the add ons that MindBody has and that you would pay for. I think being a good business owner, setting clearly defined roles and tasks for employees, and making sure they do them will lead to more sales than a email/text bot from MindBody.

Puntos en contra:

I think the client facing side of signing up for memberships could be a little easier, for instance: you can't have a ACH only membership option, you do need an iPad or computer of which to then use ZenPlanner's Front Desk for, but I do know ZenPlanner is teaming up with PaySimple to possibly release a device to use instead of an iPad or computer.

hace 4 años

Thanks Paul! We appreciate your feedback and kind words.

Alyssa

Best Customer Service On The Planet

5,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: Sanity.

Zen Planner seamlessly integrates everything we need as a gym. Although there are still key features we would like, what is there works well and allows us to keep all customer data and interactions in one place, which makes our life easier. Perhaps most importantly, best customer service on the planet. No matter how small an issue, they respond immediately. And when we recently had an ENORMOUS problem, that was totally our fault, our rep worked on it over the weekend for us. He saved our sanity, and thousands of dollars. I can't imagine that kind of service anywhere else.

Puntos en contra:

My only real gripes are things that don't exist and need to. I would like my members to be able to purchase retail items and check-in using their app. Both of these features exist in the staff app, but not the member app. Also, I would like an option to NOT have a gender field at registration. I find the gender binary pointless and it's offensive to our trans and nonconforming clients.

Paul
Formación profesional y coaching, 11-50 empleados

Happy to be back!

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: The reintroduction to Zen planner has been great. I'm learning new things and I'm excited about the dashboard that will show me exactly what's going on every day at first glance. It's exciting that I can customize it as well! I can't say enough good things about my onboarding coach. She was and continues to be amazing support with Zen Planner. I appreciate all of her patience and genuine interest in helping me utilize the software to its​ maximum potential for my business. I'm looking forward to growing with Zen Planner

I left for about four years because I felt like the software was missing some integral parts for my business. Now I was needing something different and looked at Zen Planner again. The​ changes they have made over the past four years has been amazing. This is not a company that sits idle and is content with the status quo

Puntos en contra:

The system is a little complex but I believe it's more to do with the novelty of it and all of its features.

hace 4 años

Thanks Paul! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you are enjoying the new features and updates!

Brian
Educación superior, 2-10 empleados

Great Fitness Specific Software

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Love it. Never going to leave them.

Cost for sure, ease of use, the user experience for client is also very simple.

Puntos en contra:

I can't say there are any other "cons" - If i'm being nit picky they could give a bit more time towards automatic PDF invoices. Some of their invoicing procedures don't have a simple suer experience.

hace 3 años

Thank you so much for the review Brian, we really appreciate it!

Jayne

Alternativas consideradas:

Great Software, Even Better Customer Support!

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: If I ever have an issue with the software, or a question on how to do something (like create a custom report) the customer support is always outstanding.

I have been using Zen for 10 years. The program is so easy to use & I am always finding new things to do with it.

Puntos en contra:

When creating reports for attendance or payment history for a client, I would love to have our business name show at the header.

hace 4 años

Thank you Jayne, we appreciate the kind words!

Jill
Exec Director en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Not quite live - but almost!

4,0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: Your onboarding process has been very good. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is AMAZING!!!! I just can't say enough good things about her. The cost of credit cards and fees keeps me up at night. We are a non-profit center and the fees are high. I would love for everyone to just use cash or check - but that's impossible.

Reporting. It's easy. The front page overview of each member. I can quickly see the data I need. Love the alerts, notes and tasks. Very useful. Love the ability to email a template to a set of members with a click of the button. The configuration of the software is good. The help files are pretty good. I have found a few broken links - and some explanations seem to be a bit outdated. Love the dashboard. Love the ability to click in and get the relevant supporting data.

Puntos en contra:

I wish "students" was changed to "members". It confused the hec out of our staff (who are 98% volunteers). I would like to see the support tickets be answered with the original support request data. There is no place for me to see what ticket number was written for - so if the email thread contained the original text - it would be easier. The new "Z" in the bottom right hand corner is always in my way. I have to make an effort to not touch it. When you have a LOT of members (>350) it's a pain to always click people or students - and do show all. I'm panicked about using keytags for this many members- but we need to track all usage of our fitness center and classes.

Alejandro
Owner / Director of Sports Performance en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Awesome and they continue to work to add new and wanted fuctionality

4,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: One stop shop for managing my business. Automation. And the ability to do a lot with little or no staff.

Easy to use, easy to manage. It has a great modern look and they don't try to bundle everything in one app. They have different apps for sing in, staff use, and member. I love the reports, and the face check in. Easy to find athletes by their face. Great for when you have new staff. It truly is a great bundle for workout tracking, integration with current website, and integration with marketing emails. All things other companies charge extra for. I would and have recommended this software to other gym and martial art owners.

Puntos en contra:

The apps are great for managing but missing some fuctionality such as being able to schedule privates on the app. They where missing staff clicks in, retail sales but they have recently added those. Hard to find much I dislike and what I do they don't seem to be standing still, adding new function all the time.

Justin
Owner / CEO en EE. UU.
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 11-50 empleados

Workhorse

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: zenplanner does exactly what you need a CRM tool to do most, it manages your current customers. Sure it integrates well for other uses such as lead capture, retail purchases, payroll, etc. Bit what I love is that it never fails at what we really need it to do, allow our service to be used by our customers, collect payments and evaluate customer data, allowing us to retain more members.

Reporting capabilities are immense allowing us to evaluate our business’ performance metrics and understand exactly what to focus on improving. Customer service is the best out of any service our business uses.

Puntos en contra:

It is very hard to learn how to use on your own. But, if you take the initiative to ask for help and training, the staff will teach you and save you hundreds of frustrating hours.

hace 3 años

Thank you for the good words, Justin!

Mary Ellen
Director of Communications en EE. UU.
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 2-10 empleados

Solid Product for Crossfit Gyms

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I do not use it for my business, but have used it as an avid fitness enthusiast for over 2 years. It is nice when gyms all over the country use this software. I can have multiple gym memberships under 1 zenplanner account and switch between them.

I have used this program at 3 crossfit facilities and have enjoyed it for viewing WODs, signing up for classes, and storing workout information and PRs. I enjoy the leaderboard feature and the support you can give your gym mates.

Puntos en contra:

I wish you could add features like workout videos for various exercises that are scheduled. I find some gyms do not utilize all of the features correctly, and that can make the app rather pointless. If you are not using this app to sign up for classes, log workouts, not using the leader board feature, you really aren't getting your money's worth.

hace 3 años

Thanks for the review, Mary Ellen! We've recently integrated our software with SugarWOD to improve our WOD experience even more!

Gavin
owner en EE. UU.

Tried the others, using Zen Planner

Comentarios: Extremely positive.

Extremely user friendly. I could figure out how it worked quite easily and i am not a tech Wiz which I found to be quite pleasing.

Puntos en contra:

the common problems that happens with all of the software like it. when the whole system goes down. It is not unique to ZP it has happened with others as well.

hace 3 años

Thank you for the good words, Gavin!

Deportes, 2-10 empleados

My review 10-10-22

5,0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: I think ZP does a great job with support. That to me is super important!

Billing and scheduling is made easy through ZP which is my only function right now.

Puntos en contra:

This is not a email system that is all encompassing so it makes it hard to set up a nurture program. Having it integrated with Mailchimp in a cleaner way would be great. It's not easy to manage.

Logan

Customer service is THE best

4,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: Once you learn how to use the system, it's easy to charge people and view membership history. There are so many financial tools available and that side can get a little confusing (like narrowing down your quarterly taxes is a bit of a hassle). I have yet to find a product with better customer support. They always answer promptly and always have a solution.

This software makes it easy to track membership history, but the BEST thing about Zen Planner is their customer service. They're friendly, they answer fast and they ALWAYS know how to fix an issue.

Puntos en contra:

Zen Planner is quite an advanced system, so it is easy to get lost. Luckily, the customer service is always there to save you (except for holidays and off-hours of course). The app sometimes crashes. It could use an update.

Respuesta de Daxko

el año pasado

Thanks so much for leaving your review, Logan! We appreciate the feedback and having you in the Zen Planner community.

Gym Owner en Australia

Constantly surprises and improves

5,0 hace 4 años

The more I learn about this software (partly due to their fantastic customer help team) the more I love it and the more it gives me back time! I still think I have barely scratched the service In its capabalities and I'm excited to learn more.

Puntos en contra:

There is a bit of a learning curve but thats the same for all software. The basics at first is all you will need.

hace 4 años

Thanks Chris, we think our support team is pretty fantastic too!

Henry

New Report

4,0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: Overall, fairly positive experience.

Great for keeping track of students, Billing and tracking ranking for all students, contact info for all prospects, email to all in database with different filters

Puntos en contra:

Difficulty of getting proper fields to be in a report. Difficulty working with different age group migration (student moves to new group, conflicts and mistakes happen) Pricing is getting a bit high, gone up 50% in 2 years with no major improvements or features, and during covid, limited and slow response time for customer service, but....higher prices...

Ricky

Game changer

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Just amazing! I truly have been very excited with this software and I enjoy interacting with it in a daily basis.

What I liked most about this software was the amount of things that it can do to not only help manage the numbers but keep the clients engaged and happy. I am also always amazed by the competence of the customer support team who I have called several times with questions I thought would be complicated but were not to them! I really appreciate this software and I really think my customers do again. I would recommend to anybody in the martial arts industry!

Puntos en contra:

I couldn't think of anything in particular that I didn't like but if I had to say something it would be that I wish it would be more engaging with my actual website. The thing is that it probably can, I just don't know how to yet.

Thank you Ricky!

Colin
Fuente de la reseña

Solid software, great support.

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Zen Planner takes care of our membership tracking, payments, scheduling. It can be a powerful tool if you know how to use it.

We've used Zen Planner in our gym for six years, and it's been pretty uneventful overall - which is what you want with such software. It does its job with a minimum of drama. Any issues we've had have been dealt with in a timely fashion. We do not use the workout programming feature (we went with SugarWOD for that), so I can't comment on that particular feature.

Puntos en contra:

Zen Planner is good about making constant improvements, but there have been some things over the years that are a bit clunky and not necessarily intuitive to use. It's likely a function of building incremental improvements into existing software rather than starting with a clean slate.

hace 4 años

Thanks for the feedback, Colin!