15 años ayudando a las empresas españolas
a elegir el mejor software

Sobre Toast POS

Toast es un sistema de gestión de restaurantes y POS todo en uno creado para mejorar la eficiencia y reducir drásticamente los costes.

Descubre más sobre Toast POS

It is a very easy to use app. Allows to manage your orders, track them and most important to deal with online orders.

Puntos en contra:

Also, I was actually charged a fee for setting up online ordering when I first got the system.

Valoraciones de Toast POS

Funcionalidades
Relación calidad-precio
3,9

Probabilidad de recomendación

Toast POS tiene una valoración global de 4,2 estrellas sobre 5 según las 515 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Has utilizado Toast POS?

Filtrar opiniones (515)

Jayelynn
Jayelynn

Incredibly Efficient!

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: Overall, I'm thrilled we switched to Toast. It's simple to use, has made us more efficient, and wasn't as expensive as similar systems.

Compared to POS systems I've used in the past, Toast is a lifesaver! It has tremendously improved efficiency and flow of our Taproom. We now have the ability to swipe a card and store credit card information; which is a huge benefit for those of us in co-op spaces. Although they look bulky, their handhelds fit into your back pocket and allow us to close tabs out table side. They are shock and water resistant, plus you can log into more than one device at the same time so if you're working alone, you can close out multiple parties at once. As a GM, I'm grateful that Toast is not only cloud-based, but allows me to access the back end from my laptop or smart phone so I don't have to be onsite to make system changes. Updates are incredibly quick so there's not a ton of down time. There is also Toast Central, where you can troubleshoot issues yourself rather rather than immediately calling Support. They are helpful instructions with screenshots and videos.

Puntos en contra:

Customer Support is hit or miss. I always get an answer, it's just a matter of when I get it. After hours and on weekends, I feel like their staffing is very limited which leads to delays in getting immediate help. Thankfully it's only happened once where I needed a quick answer and wasn't able to get it.

hace 5 años

Hi Jayelynn, Jasmine from Toast here. Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled to hear how multiple features of Toast have improved your operations, and that you are taking full advantage of Toast Central as a resource!

Adam
Adam
Fuente de la opinión

The system is great! The customer support is not.

4,0 hace 8 meses

Comentarios: The product is solid. If you are looking for a highly customizable system, Toast is perfect for you. I would recommend that if you make the change to Toast, have a personal resource that is good with technology so you can avoid customer service calls. Some of their add-ons are not worth the trouble, but the core POS system is top-notch!

As far as POS systems go, Toast is very user-friendly and highly customizable to your restaurant, bar, or venue. It is easy to set up and when changes need to be made, they are easy to do.

Puntos en contra:

If you need customer support to resolve an issue, help with a feature you may be unfamiliar with or network support, Toast is very weak in this area. The customer service reps have minimal knowledge and are running off a script with no actual knowledge of the product. In the event they need to "escalate" your issue, the call is over at that point. The ability to speak with someone with the knowledge to help you with your issue promptly is practically non-existent. DO NOT use Toast Payroll services. They greatly messed up on tax reporting and nearly caused a significant increase in our IRS fees due to their incompetence.

hace 7 meses

Hi there, thank you for sharing your feedback using Toast. We understand customer support is important and will continue to make strides to improve your experience as a customer. -

Jimmy
Alimentación y bebidas, 51-200 empleados

Toast Review

5,0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Toast has been seamless for us to use. Customer service is always top notch and the amount of mistakes in restaurant has decreased dramatically.

Puntos en contra:

Online order was a bit tricky to set up and has been a little harder to implement.

hace 2 meses

Hi Jimmy, thanks for leaving us a review!

Tim
CEO en EE. UU.
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Disappointed is the right way to say it. Promised so much and did not deliver

3,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: It started off strong, and then just slowly going down hill. They have you locked in is how I feel, and now they don’t care.. They are worried about other things...

The hardware is nice. Having a handheld order taker is very nice. Also saving some paper with people signing the handheld device, but there are some issues as well. If there is an issue, it is nice to have a US based support center..

Puntos en contra:

Well, You can not add an auto charge of 3% if a person is using a credit card unless you manually add it, the kitchen display has glitches, an order with 5 things will send a text alert for each item rather than the entire order when finished. I was also promised that the credit cards would not cost more, they would match or beet what I had in the past, and that is not ringing true to the tune of around 100 ish a month.... Took 4 months to get someone to finally review the credit card charges only for him to “shine me on” which is frustrating to a business owner. I have also had a few extremely good feature requests that I know other restaurants would use, like using the hand held to present the final bill rather than printing a receipt... But honestly there is no way to know if anyone has herd you, if anything will happen or if anyone cares... Also you can’t have pictures in the POS.. having pictures as well as having descriptions and a recipe would be great.. but no options...

hace 4 años

Hi Tim, Mora from Toast here. Thank you for all this feedback, we appreciate hearing from you as we work to continuously improve our product! We do have many great feature ideas in our queue from customers and are constantly working on implementing them. I would encourage you to follow "Feature Release Updates", available on Toast Central (central.toasttab.com). This is where you can find the most up-to-date product release notes for various Toast products.

Don Reno
Don Reno
Marketing Director en EE. UU.
Hostelería, 2-10 empleados

Horrendous customer service.

4,0 hace 4 meses

Comentarios: The product was good enough until we experienced an issue that needed support and this is where they dropped the ball entirely. I would not recommend this product for anybody that needs reliable support.

The app works well and it's fairly easy to use, although they forced an update recently that made the system worse.

Puntos en contra:

We use toast at our Food Truck in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. We tried integrating doordash into toast and when we visited the shop on Toast it was locked and we were unable to add the integration. After reaching out to our onboarding contact [sensitive content hidden] who was unable to resolve the issue and directed us to Customer Care. After contacting customer care they gave us the runaround yet again ultimately telling us it was not a billing hold but a hold placed by the onboarding team. This hold has persisted now for 5 days with 0 resolution or support from Toast, they have dropped the ball completely on us. We expressed we had an advertisement running for several days that we spent money on to promote that we were on doordash and that money has now been wasted, not to mention the potential sales we have lost. Toast's support has been horrendous. If I knew this was going to be the case we would have never gone with toast.

hace 4 meses

Hi Don, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're sorry to hear that this was your experience. We will be reaching out directly to get this resolved.

Clint

Alternativas consideradas previamente:

Integrates with third party deliveries, horrible back end support.

3,0 hace 4 meses

Comentarios: Overall, 1-5 we would give it a 2.8. Its good, not great. Expensive for having a few cool features but struggles to do the main meat of what we need it to do at times and when we need to fix an issue they have many complicated ways of fixing it, nothing is straight forward.

The ultimate decision of why Toast was because at the time they were one of the only POS that integrated well with third party deliveries For that functionality it has been great and done what we needed it to do included wrapping up our payroll and scheduling into one system.

Puntos en contra:

A few things. Toast is extremely complicated to get set up for some reason. Unlike other POS systems we have used in the past they do there PCI compliance through a router rather than through there software. However, you can not use their router for regular internet usage so the restaurant needs static IPs, one for Toast, one for everything else. This has made it so our hardware/infrastructure is extremely complicated and every time we have an issue we have to get our ISP, Toast, and now a IT Consultant involved to solve issues. Very time intensive and expensive. Second, when the system has a disruption or even if you want to make certain changes you have to be at the store using the terminals. The backend is pretty useless and as a owner that doesn't live by my store this is extremely frustrating. When speaking to the reps and going through the demos it is pitched as if you can run and correct items from your house but the reality is you can only do a handful of things that are not impactful. For example, when credit card processing goes down, which happens often with them for some reason, you then have to key in cards (which Toast then charges higher merchant fees to do this) and then you have to get to the store and either wait until your slow or closed to fix the issue for the next day. There is nothing you can do on the backend, customer service can't help you, nope you have to be physically present manually doing everything on your own time with maybe someone on the phone to assist you .

hace 4 meses

Hi there, thank you for sharing this feedback. We'll be following up directly to learn more on how we can help support you as a customer.

Ashley
Accountant en EE. UU.
Contabilidad, 2-10 empleados

Toasts to Toast

5,0 hace 6 meses

Toast is the easies POS to use from front end to back end. They are the most compatible POS company for restaurants that I've had the experience working with.

Puntos en contra:

Toast is growing fast and does seem to make some changes before doing any user research to see how the changes will affect the users who interact with it most. I'm happy to see them grow, but don't lose the user friendliness we all know and love!

hace 5 meses

Hi Ashley, thanks for taking the time to share your experience using Toast! We encourage you to join our online community at Community.toasttab.com to connect with other restaurant leaders. Hope to see you there!

ROB

Alternativas consideradas previamente:

Over all a good decision

4,0 hace 7 meses

Comentarios: We are happy, server dig it and we are looking at otherways to see it. SOme of the features like event management or online ordering are too pricey for a small store.

Working with toast on the set up was great and easy. As we have grown their support has been solid. Not like other POS we have used in the past.

Puntos en contra:

Reporting is eh and needs work...mostly data is there, just not obvious how to get what you need and they have to data dump and email it. Also, menus for serving customers can get a little much drilling sometimes 2-3 levels deep to do an 8 oz brown ale.

hace 6 meses

Hi Rob, thanks for sharing your experience using Toast.

Sarah
Food and Beverage Manager en EE. UU.
Hostelería, 5.001-10.000 empleados

Toast is a Fantastic Product for F&B

4,0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Toast is incredibly easy to use for the front of house, back of house, and the back office. The ease of reporting makes my life so much easier. Utilizing the handheld system helps my staff turn tables faster and make less mistakes.

Puntos en contra:

We have a hard time integrating with InforHMS and sometimes the integration with Resy malfunctions. The system upgrades and there is no warning, which can be difficult to navigate at first.

el mes pasado

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review!

Brayden
Front of House Manager en EE. UU.

An Amazing Product. State of the Art

5,0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: Overall has been great. Not many problems with service and it easy to fix and use.

It is very easy to use and great for quick service

Puntos en contra:

Sometime the handhelds cant disconnect really easily.

el mes pasado

Thanks for the 5-star review!!

Matt

Alternativas consideradas previamente:

Be Prepared for nickel and dimming

2,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Overall it runs smoothly 90% of the tine with no issues. When there is an issue, good luck getting the resolution you were hoping for and be prepared to get very frustrated with them. Unless you're adding on services to increase your monthly bill, your not important to them anymore. Also the install was a complete joke, do yourself a favor and do the self install and save your money from the start.

Very easy to use and make on the fly changes

Puntos en contra:

The constant Nickel & Dimming! I have multiple restaurants and its so frustrating that each one has different pricing. I have had toast for over 5 years now and it constantly has changed so much so fast that the customer service line employees have no idea how to get things done. If you power on and off and it does not work you will have to wait for someone to call you back that has higher credentials. Also I have had their special router go out 2x now (funny just a week after warranty both times) and my restaurant could no longer use the POS and they could care less. Its been 1 week and still no replacement. Such a shame their customer service is so bad and it just feels like a money grab at times.

Gonca
Co-Founder en EE. UU.

Terrible Tech Support And Filled With Bugs

1,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: TOAST is actually one of the worst POS systems you can use. I have been a restaurant industry veteran on the owner's side for over a decade. Before that, I worked in the industry for another decade. Ask ten restaurants what they think of Toast, and 9 of them will tell you how awful they are. I know three off the top of my head who turned to Toast because we were using it, only to realize how awful the system is. Below are the reasons why Toast is a waste of money.

Affordable Customer facing customization

Puntos en contra:

1. Their technical support is AWFUL. Every time we have a major support issue- now only does it take them DAYS to respond via email, but they almost always find a way to deflect the blame. 2. You cannot process voids or refunds properly through the system. We have tried countless times to do this, only to have the ticket not void, causing the customer to file for a chargeback. Keep in mind, TOAST charges you a fee every time they have to refund a customer via a chargeback claim. 3. For TWO YEARS now, our delivery receipts keep printing to our self-ordering kiosk's printer instead of our cashier facing printer. TWO YEARS! 4. Every single time they do an update on their system, it almost always crashes, freezes, or goes offline, causing our employees to freak out when they can't get it back up and running. 5. Despite us paying a premium for our monthly subscription, they still cannot get the gift card or loyalty reward program working properly. 6. We have our delivery zone set to a certain zip code, yet we still receive orders outside of this zip code, causing customers to get upset with us. Overall, from a price point, with how much your monthly subscription will run you and the amount of headaches and acid reflux you will deal with- it's not worth it. Go with Revel or Clover. Pass on this. You end up paying more in lost time, chargeback fees, and waste money on a subscription that doesn't even provide you with enough support.

Sarah

The first year with Toast

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Compared to my past POS systems this is by far the most user friendly system and It keeps me updated. I am constantly finding new things I can utilize. My staff was also able to adapt to the new system easily. They are constantly showing me new things.. Millennials lol. I am sure with more time I will better understand the system and be able to use more of what it offers as I find it.

It is very user friendly. It is built that I can search for most of the things I may be questioning. The toast training videos were very helpful in the beginning. I like that I am able to find all of the reporting numbers I need as well as the guest engagement. Being able to send email campaigns directly from the system is a game changer. The pre loaded templates are super helpful as well.

Puntos en contra:

That I did not have someone to actually help me with the initial stuff. We did not get help with end of day paperwork. The reports were off for an entire week until I noticed a discrepancy in the numbers. We Do counter service with a tip pool so we need overall numbers not numbers that I find after deductions. I also Cannot find a way to remove the Tip pool servers tips in my tip pool numbers. I need them to not be part of my final numbers for payroll purposes.

Shaz

Alternativas consideradas previamente:

The Best-In-Class Cloud POS out there!

5,0 hace 2 años

Toast is at the cutting edge of development and understanding of their customers. Their products are always customer-centric and are light years ahead of competition!

Puntos en contra:

As with any organization, fast growth means lots to update, but they are handling this well. Support could be better too.

Karin
owner en EE. UU.

Toast Changed Everything for the Better

4,0 hace 2 años

We started with Toast in 2020 during the pandemic. Toast was the only thing that was good about that year! The integration of the online ordering into our daily or weekly menu updates are seamless. Customers had questions answered and orders filled without our help or guidance. I love the ease of use for service. We have had several new staff members and they pick up the system without too much training. It's easy to transfer tickets and items, cancel sales and give discounts, as well as run all the reports we need for success.

Puntos en contra:

I wish there was an app where I could change things, look at reports, and update menus from my phone instead of going through a browser.

Todd
Owner/Operator en EE. UU.

Toast POS Review

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: It has definitely made the data analysis easier which allows us to improve our business.

I think it is very user friendly and creates easy to analyze data points.

Puntos en contra:

I feel there are some aspects that can be very useful but without taking the time to become an expert I am probably not using it the most effectively. And time is hard to come by.

hace 11 meses

HI Todd, we appreciate your rating! If you haven't already, join us at community.toasttab.com to connect with other restaurant professionals. See you there!

Joan
Management Advisor en EE. UU.

A Nightmare from Day 1

1,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Customer service is abysmal. We got a hard sales pitch from their rep, and they knew we needed a seamless launch, as we have two busy locations. After several weeks of discussions and group calls with their rep, we were all assured by Toast rep, before launch date, that everything was set to go, no additional settings or tweaks would be needed. As it turned out, there were MANY essential steps that were never explained in advance. When I called the rep, and asked if she could do a one-on-one site visit to troubleshoot and complete setup (as other companies do!!) she rather snottily said, "I'm the sales rep, not customer service. We have a 24/7 sales line if you have problems." I asked to be referred to our dedicated service rep -- again, something every other company we deal with has -- and was told they don't offer that, only their 'help line.'!! When I expressed surprise, she got obnoxious and said "Well, we are the leader all over the world so we must be doing something right." Being that the setup is VERY un-user-friendly and counterintuitive, we were appalled, but had already invested a huge amount of time getting our online ordering transitioned to Toast and invested in the equipment, so decided to try to make it work. Ongoing, it's customer support, along with system function, has been terrible. Equipment has been gitchy and we've had many times where back of house functions misfire. It's been a disaster for our takeout orders, we've lost customers & $

It initially fulfilled our need to have orders print out directly in kitchen and for system to integrate with delivery services and online ordering...

Puntos en contra:

1) Overly complicated for our front of house management 2) Customer service is abysmal - there is allegedly a 24/7 help line, which is NOT always available. There have been times when we had major system issues during busy hours and had to leave message to wait for a callback. Unlike every other b-to-b service we use, they don't have dedicated customer reps - all the manpower is in sales, and once they've got you installed -- even before successful setup -- they drop you. Bait and switch. 3) Proprietary equipment is expensive and prone to errors/breakdown

Mehdi
Manager en EE. UU.
Alimentación y bebidas, 2-10 empleados

Expensive but worth it

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I like it very much . The integration prices are too high but the rest is fine.

Reports and analysis is so good and it's so user-friendly and so easy to learn and train for employees.

Puntos en contra:

They are so busy when it comes to customer service but if you wait for them they definitely fix your issue but the problem is they're super busy for calls. But honestly for the past w years I had to call them like 2 times and the system worked so good all the time.

Mahesh
GM en EE. UU.

Best POS with Most Half Baked Features and Worst Support

1,0 hace 4 años

- Easy installation - Easy to use - Suitable for small businesses with doesn't offer delivery services

Puntos en contra:

- Worst support - Not suitable for Pizza restaurants - Doesn't offer half and half toppings option - Online ordering doesn't provide any protection against disputes - Every module is an additional charge(online ordering, mobile order and pay, marketing, API, integrations, kiosk, kitchen display system, multi location modules) - Reporting doesn't differentiate between overtime and double time pay - Discounts based on dining options are not available(Discounts can not be set only for take out orders - all the discounts are valid on all type(take out & delivery) order ) - Online ordering page doesn't provide required picture specs(like resolution and aspect ratio). Pictures won't be optimized at all to make the online ordering page faster. - Unable to customize location picker page - They claim that they are the payment processors but fail to take responsibility or help with disputes - Once a restaurant is live its hard to get resolution for any issue(imagine even with 9 restaurant we struggled more than ever)

Michelle

Why I chose Toast

5,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: With now being in business a full year now, I have and I still am learning pro and cons of doing business. I have worked in restaurants but I have never been on the manager/owner side and it's not as easy as you think it is. When running your own business for the most part you are on your own! I sat down with a computer tech to figure out the best POS system for my business. There are SO many out there and being unfamiliar with them a lot of research was done! I attended the Gordon Food Show a month before we opened and I got to see first hand how Toast worked. I was very impressed with the system and how easy it looked to operate (remember I've never been on this side of the business) and we had decided to work 100% with Gordon Food Service because of their support and looking at our best interest for starting our business. Now a year later, I could't imagine being with another POS system so no regrets here on choosing Toast for our POS!

Customer Support! - I rate them 100 on this!! Any questions I have big or small, they are just a phone call away! If my call isn't answered right away or I get busy, they have the feature to leave your number and they will call you back ASAP. Customer Service - Being a tech and answering some of the crazy questions (I'm one who probably has the most) they are always patient, friendly and very professional when answering questions.

Puntos en contra:

Credit Card Processing Fees - With other Processing companies out there some are cheaper but overall with Toast, they win. It's the hidden fees you have to watch. Toast fees appear to be higher but what you see is what you get where with the other guys you have to read the fine print.

Fuente: GetApp

Horrible customer service

3,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Horrible, sales rep, upper management & customer care is a joke. On [SENSITIVE CONTENT], my terminal broke and they said they would over night another one it took three weeks , which really hurt our business , and frustrated our employees, that are hard to come by right now. The terminal they sent had no protective material around it and it arrived broken , waited another week for a new one, NOW 4 WEEKS with out a terminal. I needed to send back the original broken terminal but they never sent me a label. I had no idea where they wanted it send, it took 6 phone calls, one call I was on hold for 53 minutes all phone calls took at least 30 minutes of my time retelling the story and how I JUST NEEDED A RETURN LABEL<,also dozens of emails (their customer care email NO responded) at long last today I received an email [SENSITIVE CONTENT] from FED EX with a label to print.No email from Toast, so I am assuming this label is to return my broken terminal ,by the way they are billing me for the unreturned terminal $1400.00 which has sat on my desk since August.I would love noting more then to send it back to them and get it off my desk. TOAST "customer CARE "is about as bad as it gets. I do not recommend this company . The day to day POS works fine, most of the time but if you need help you will be forgotten and your business will feel the pain . Remember it took us 4 weeks to get a new POS terminal and months to return the broken one only because they would not send a label.

The software is fine, works like most others

The software is fine, works like most others

Rachel
freelance en EE. UU.

Great POS for restaurants

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: After over a year the restaurant is still super happy with the switch

I was hired to help customize, train, and implement this new software at a friends restaurant. I have worked with a few different POS systems and this was by far the most user friendly. Easy to customize their menus and check preferences. Easy to update if we figured out how we originally entered in an item needed to be changed. Cloud based so when not on sight I was able to fix remotely when not at the restaurant. Also the handheld option is great for taking orders and splitting checks on the fly. Also were able to implement gift cards with the new system.

Puntos en contra:

No real cons. The only downside was the initial few days after switching for the staff to get used to it.

hace 4 años

Hi Rachel, Mora from Toast here. We're thrilled to hear that you've found Toast simple to teach and easy to update. Thanks for the review!

Mark

Lacking in customer service

5,0 hace 2 años

User friendly and efficient. That pretty much sums it up but they said my response was too short.

Puntos en contra:

Many additional charges after purchase Reports cannot be easily pulled for long date ranges LACKING IN CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Larry
GM/Owner en EE. UU.

Toast at FCD

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Toast takes the guess work out of what's moving and what's not, who is producing and who isn't. Tips tell me if my server is worth keeping. I have been satisfied with them overall.

The analytics and reporting are fantastic. Getting Toast go's for your servers allowed me to cut back on server staff and the servers make more money because they can turn 3 times as many tables

Puntos en contra:

Their set up map for delivery is garbage, if you plan on having delivery go with a different system. They have been telling me for 3 years they are going to upgrade and instead we have 3rd party integration with delivery services which are way over priced.

Mike

Toast versus others

5,0 el año pasado

Toast is a simple to use and even easier to train POS platform for all restaurants. Setting up menus and editing are both quick and easy and can be done for multiple restaurants at the same time.

Puntos en contra:

Some of the reports have a time constant that you can run them for, like 6 months, would prefer to be able to run full year sales reports or more if needed.