Bullhorn review

Practice Lead
Paul Bridges Group
2-10 empleados
Poco probable Muy probablemente

Comentarios: I'm a former MaxHire advocate, user, trainer, etc. Love the platform. So this is kind of like a Chevy fanatic reviewing a Ford :-)

Puntos a favor: Very clean interface. No over-crowding. Mostly intuitive to use. Love that it's not an installed client on a machine and is cloud based. I like how you can immediately edit some field values on records while viewing them in list format. Love the reporting features and functionality. Hands down 1 of the best here that I've seen.

Puntos en contra: uploading data by .csv...if some data on the spreadsheet is a dupe in BH, it will tell you that x# of the uploads were duplicate. Okay - great. But then, that x# of dupes don't get displayed in my list. So then I have saved the new uploads into a tearsheet, sort the tearsheet A-Z and then open my spreadsheet to cross reference who the missing x#s are to then go find them individually in BH and add to the tearsheet. In MaxHire - which Bullhorn OWNS - I get an option to add the dupes to the list. BRILLIANT! Activities tab in a person record - I think by default always shows (0). But once you click it, you can then see placements, interviews, appointments, tasks, etc. This makes it really challenging to quickly search for those who have any of those activities. The Bullhorn Accelerator browser extension rarely works. How many times do I have to continue logging in to use it? Same for the Outlook add-in. Set up - I'm really disappointed that Bullhorn doesn't take the additional time on initial configuration to work with new clients on setting up (or at least notifying the client of these things) email integration with Outlook or Gmail. This should be a default practice by Bullhorn. I've now been at 2 companies on Bullhorn who didn't even have this setup and didn't even know the possibility existed. Bullhorn should be making these recommendations - they are called best practices - or making these things set up defaults. I know the user has to work with their domain host/email host. Tearsheets - brilliant idea - but to me, a tearsheet is my call list. I put people in a tearsheet per my planning for the next day. You open the tearsheet and you have to open each record to get to the phone number to be able to call them. This is an epic fail. Tearsheet lists don't even display the binoculars for a profile quick view. That would help. Tearsheets don't allow you to manipulate the fields being displayed on the tearsheet (to display contact info). This is a big fail.
It was only after months of frustration that we opened a ticket about this to learn that we have to open the tearsheet through contact or candidate fields to then get access to what makes a tearsheet beneficial in the first place. Totally frustrating.
Calendar - EPIC FAIL - Bullhorn doesn't have a calendar. I live in Bullhorn, but have to use my Google Calendar or Outlook calendar to see what my day looks like? Again - you guys OWN MaxHire. Another great feature for Bullhorn to make happen. And if I book appointments for people on my team with a client or candidate (and I won't be attending), I don't even see the event at all because I didn't invite myself to get the message to my inbox to then accept my own invitation. Come on - that's frustrating. How can I see when to follow up or get a reminder to follow up if it doesn't exist on my calendar.

Evaluation of Bullhorn Recruiting Software for Use by a Smaller Retained Executive Search Firm

Traducir con Google Revisado el 9/12/2016
Jeffrey Adams
Partner
Jeff Adams & Assoc.
Empleo y contratación, Trabajador por cuenta propia
Poco probable Muy probablemente

Comentarios: I had a personal, on screen demonstration of this product by a rep on Mon Nov 21, 2016 starting at about 11:00 AM PST. Using Citrix I looked at a custom screen demonstration while Adam Cuomo and I spoke by phone. (My rep and I were the only 2 people involved in this presentation.) At the beginning I explained how a small partnership or “solo” retained executive recruiter operates. Although it should be noted that I started my search career working for a larger recruiting firm. And that I am generally familiar how large and small recruiting firms in California and the U.S. function internally. And later I remembered that I had actually evaluated at least two different recruiting software packages in the past. During the on-screen evaluation Mr. Cuomo gave me enough feedback and comments to indicate that he had a really competent understanding of this niche or the overall recruiting business. The Bullhorn software appears to function beautifully. The Bullhorn software or system catalogs candidate profiles, open search projects, communication with candidates and clients, interview schedules, status and feedback reports, etc. And it apparently can accomplish a “housekeeping” function that I didn’t expect. That is, one component of Bullhorn is that it can apparently import a “resume” submitted by email or scanned into a system. And then catalog that candidate profile into the recruiter’s database of contacts. Where there are multiple recruiting consultants working for the same firm --- it helps to insure that everyone “is on the same” as to contacts with all candidates and client organizations. The cost for a small one-user firm like mine was estimated at monthly. The user’s database is kept in Bullhorn’s cloud storage. For my method of executive search Bullhorn is not necessary. All of my recruiting history is in my head or “searchable” by a key word on my Mac’s hard drive. And that recall can be enhanced by a standard Google-search on the web or access to any private database that I might have access to. It would, however, be a consideration if I ever added a partner to the business. As it stands, however, it provides more structure that most small firms probably need. But there was one aspect or component of the Bullhorn offering that could be immediately useful to a small search practice like mine. And that is the ability to neatly and efficiently input resumes that come to me in differing formats into my own structured database of contacts and potential candidates. I don’t have time to personally do this. And it’s often difficult to find and schedule in a support person who can effectively do this with my personal email records and the file notes from my searches. And there is always a concern with confidentiality when outside staff is engaged.

Puntos a favor: It appears to really function beautifully. And it's a fit with a retained executive search organization's needs. And it appears to be reasonably priced.

Puntos en contra: It probably has a more limited utility for a one or two person retained executive search firm.

Bullhorn Review December 2016

Traducir con Google Revisado el 7/12/2016
Tim Schulte
Operations Manager
Scion Staffing, Inc
Poco probable Muy probablemente

Comentarios: I have used Bullhorn since 2007 in two different companies. In the first instance, I helped integrate Bullhorn into the company and found Bullhorn support extremely helpful in migrating our data from our old system into Bullhorn. The process went smoothly and our deadlines were met; I still remember this after all these years. I continue to use Bullhorn in my current company and find it an extremely effective tool.

Puntos a favor: Bullhorn Technical Support is simply amazing. I am in awe of their customer service and their knowledge of the system. Customer Service for me means that I'm not put on hold for an inordinate length of time nor am I forced to leave a message after negotiating with a voicemail system that requires me to struggle with too many options. I greatly appreciate Bullhorn Technical Support's sending me a follow up email to any issue I may have had; these emails help me to remember the issue and how it was resolved. Lastly, I realize that Bullhorn has many partners in its Marketplace but I do not receive solicitation calls from them; this is very important to me, as I receive many such calls from other vendors and it is a burden to say the least.

Puntos en contra: I do not remember which version of Bullhorn I used at my first job (from 2007 to 2013). I do know, however, that when I started to use Bullhorn in my second job one of the features that was available in the earlier version (ability to run ad hoc reports based on the various fields in Bullhorn records) was no longer available. I found this feature extremely useful as a Bullhorn administrator for my company and regret that it's no longer available; it provided a level of detail and a freedom of reporting that is not found in the canned reports. I understand that Bullhorn's maintaining such a feature can be a heavy one, but I miss this feature nonetheless. I think it was called Bullhorn 360. Lastly, I do have one other comment. I love the "Merge Record" feature but I find it very complicated to choose the secondary record from the list after I've chosen the primary record first. The primary record shows up as an option when choosing the secondary record for the merge. This is a small detail but one that would be wonderful to correct.

Grab the Bull by the horn with Bullhorn

Traducir con Google Revisado el 14/10/2016
Paul Sabatino
Vice President, Technology Recruiter
Harmer Consultants, Inc.
Poco probable Muy probablemente

Comentarios: How to sum up our use of Bullhorn in a nutshell? It is the transparent foundation for our Agency's book of business. Think organization, data visualization, accessibility and the added capability to search our candidate database right at our fingertips. Explorers of yore depended on the North Star when no other landmarks were in sight; when the recruiting world has me turned upside down and inside out, I look to Bullhorn as my guiding light. Bullhorn’s streamlined workflow and added functionality from The Bullhorn Marketplace has us covered from front-office to back. Over the past 3 years we've transitioned with ease from a relatively paper based process to a software based solution; we've been able to simplify our time and expense process through the web, broadcast opportunity via Bullhorn Reach and quickly view our open opportunity at the click of a button. Bullhorn truly is our Heads-Up Display as we manage the agency side of full-life cycle recruiting.

Puntos a favor: Bullhorn provides seamless integration with MS Exchange that allows for tracking of in/outbound communication with clients and candidates. Emails are clearly tracked replacing the need to document activity or cross-reference multiple systems in preparation for your next call.
Through customization; You can configure Bullhorn to fit your organizations workflow, naming conventions or custom fields et al. As an Administrator for our organization; I've found that most functionality can be achieved with no additional cost or custom development.
Resume Parsing and Document Management; Adding new Candidate records is as simple as drag and drop, the parsing engine updates standard fields and documents (references, work samples, background checks, offer letters, etc.) can be managed and saved within a contact's record.

Puntos en contra: Integration with Bullhorn Marketplace: the solutions offered in Bullhorn's Marketplace are extremely relevant; however the integration and go-live process lacks the support and guidance that we've come to expect through our experience with the core ATS product.
New API unveiled with Bullhorn S release offered cross-browser accessibility; however some solid features were left behind and modular layout took a step back which added a few more clicks per page.
System up-time: Extremely reliable, but back-end performance and data indexing has, and continues, to be an issue from time to time.

Not great for corporate recruiting

Traducir con Google Revisado el 7/10/2016
Casee Laznick
Senior Recruiter
Ve Ineractive
Marketing y publicidad, 501-1000 empleados
Poco probable Muy probablemente

Comentarios: My experience with Bullhorn as our internal ATS has been less than stellar. Overall, I do think it's a good product, but I do not think it is for the corporate side of things. I think this system is much more beneficial for recruiting agencies who are hiring at multiple clients. However, for recruiters that are only hiring internally, it is extremely clunky and very difficult to use.

Puntos a favor: One of the main pros is the cost, it is definitely an affordable system that fit well within our budget. Also, it does look appealing to the eye when looking at a first glance.

Puntos en contra: Unfortunately, I have many more cons that pros for this system. First, the training during implementation was horrible. The person that was training me clearly was not trained herself and made it very difficult to pick up on the different areas of the system. Then, the entire implementation process has been a nightmare. It was extremely difficult for my tech team to even get the system up and running, which months later it still isn't. During the implementation, I was told several times by the trainer that we had no Account Manager or sole point of contact at Bullhorn, but that everything had to go through the help desk. About 5 months into having access to the system, I found out that not only did I have an Account Manager the whole time that I was never told about, but it was actually the person who sold me the system in the first place. Also, it has been extremely difficult to integrate Bullhorn with Indeed, which is where we get a large portion of our applicants from. Lastly, I do not find this system user friendly at all. It is very clunky and hard to navigate, there are just too many moving parts. You need to go to several areas to do one small thing in the system which is very frustrating when you are pressed for time.

enviado por Emily el 11/10/2016

Hi Casee,
I'm extremely sorry to hear that Bullhorn is not fitting your needs. We strive to provide useful and meaningful training and services, and I'm sorry to hear that we have not met that goal for you. Please feel free to connect with me via email (emily.saquet@bullhorn.com) if you would like to further discuss these issues and how Bullhorn can improve to meet your needs. Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Best,
Emily Saquet
Customer Marketing Specialist

Good but not perfect

Traducir con Google Revisado el 18/5/2016
Special Projects Manager
Empleo y contratación, 51-200 empleados
Relación calidad-precio

Comentarios: We have been using Bullhorn since the start of Bullhorn. The software does what we need it to - most of the time. There are many options to partner with different companies that work seamlessly with Bullhorn. We are always looking for the latest and greatest to make our jobs easier so we always hope for more options where this is concerned so we can tie as much as possible right into our Bullhorn processes. They have made a lot of improvements and additions to Bullhorn in the past year, but not all things work the way a regular user may think. The way to pull lists now, is not the same as it used to be. For example. If you are trying to generate a list of client contacts based on recent placements, there is no real easy way to do this now (like you used to be able to do). You either have to go in each placement one by one and add the client contact to a distribution list or do a million steps which sometimes does not work. Pulling this list used to be very easy and now you can no longer do this the way you used to be able to. Some processes are not as user friendly to figure out so we always hope Bullhorn is making adjustments - getting into the mind of the users and how they might think to do things, rather than a multi step process that takes calling Bullhorn directly to figure out. We recently started using the NPS to survey our clients. We have used other products in the past to generate this same gauge for customer satisfaction, and there definitely can be more improvements to this to make it better. We would love to see a better way to add clients to the survey based on placements without having to open each placement one by one and going into the client contact to add them to the survey. Same as most issues. We want to pull client lists quite often based on the placements we make and there seems to be no quick, clear and direct way to do this. We have had some issues with seamless functions with more advanced things - i.e. In building out an on boarding/application portal WITH the Bullhorn developers, we have experienced a lot of issues when people are trying to apply to our jobs. trying to get things worked on can take a VERY long time for these more advanced fixes. If it is just a general fix in the system, the response time is usually very good.

Puntos a favor: It does what any staffing firms needs. good selection of programs that can be integrated (but you can never have too many options!)

Puntos en contra: down times/issues do come up
could use better process for doing certain searches (noted in review)

Bullhorn review, stay away if you are not a large recruiting firm

Traducir con Google Revisado el 28/2/2017
Mark Rodman
Xtra Effort Solutions, Inc.
Software informático, 2-10 empleados
Poco probable Muy probablemente

Comentarios: Their product lacks common sense functionality for basic recruiting. An example is the inability to remove a candidate from a target list from the candidate record itself. You have to navigate to a separate list section to remove the candidate from the list. There is zero relationship with them as a company. An example is having to go through a scripted check in with every customer service phone call, with a high probability of never speaking to say person twice. Another example is investing an hour of my time with their product management people for them to hear my input of suggested common sense functionality. Promises were made that the most simple suggestions would be done within "six months", it has been over twelve and none of them have been embraced. Their product updates are heavily centered around score boarding and other sales productivity and CRM measurements, etc. , largely for executives to analyze and motivate large teams. This functionality is not relevant or helpful to a small recruiting team. Their product is super inflexible and often requires professional services at $$ per session to make a change. An example would be a need to change all candidate's with the city name of "Washington" to "District of Columbia". This simple database update is not possible without Professional Services' involvement, at $$. This is a silly example, but you get the point. We finally decided to pull the plug and go to different firm. We had to pay up the entire contract in advance in order to get OUR data backed up. We immediately paid in advance, dealt with them wanting to bill us twice (not recognizing the advance payment) and with big delays and false promises on when will get OUR data. It has been two weeks, still waiting. STAY AWAY FROM BULLHORN.

enviado por Emily el 1/1/1970

Hi Mark,
I'm very sorry that we failed to provide you with a great customer experience. While, one of the issues you mentioned (the ability to remove a candidate from a tear sheet from the candidate record) has been updated in a recent product release, I understand your additional frustrations. If you would like to discuss your experience with Bullhorn further, or if their is any way I can assist you in your cancellation process, please feel free to reach out to me at emily.saquet@bullhorn.com.i am happy to be of help.

Best,

Director, Recruiting
Procom
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 501-1000 empleados
Poco probable Muy probablemente

Comentarios: Bullhorn is both our ATS and CRM. We utilize the tool on a daily basis for Activity Tracking, Reporting, Job Order Management and Candidate Search. The tool has helped bring everyone to a common platform with a common process. This has helped us maintain better performance metrics, overall reporting and candidate engagement.

Puntos a favor: Bullhorn is a great tool that is very user friendly and easy to navigate. The time to get a recruiter or an account manager up to speed on the basics of Bullhorn is relatively simple. Getting people to use all the power of Bullhorn is where consistent reminders and training is needed. The tool is great for tracking anything and allows you to forget because you can set reminders to follow up on items, track past emails, etc. The tool really will change how you recruit.

Puntos en contra: Bullhorn has lots of great tools out of the box so it is best to explore this before completing too much customization and automations. You may find better out of the box ways to do things versus spending money on customizations that you don't need or use after going live.

Bullhorn for Staffing Agencies

Traducir con Google Revisado el 31/1/2017
Juli Uhse
Sourcing Manager
Rylem
Poco probable Muy probablemente

Comentarios: I generally like using Bullhorn and its functionality. Once you figured out how to use it, it's practical and quick.
We are a staffing agency with 20 producers and it's fairly easy to customize for Recruiting and Sales. Staying on top of data accuracy and documentation is an issue because a lot of functions have to be done manually. An automation of some kind would be helpful and I can't imagine using Bullhorn efficiently for a larger organization.

Puntos a favor: - Easy to use for a small operation such as ours
- Great customer service
- Regular updates to the software

Puntos en contra: - New features are rarely communicated and it's difficult to find out what products were added and are available to me (We have Bullhorn S release and lots of functionality is available but I wouldn't know about)
- Some type of automation would be needed to make daily processes easier, for example, buttons to track calls vs. having to add a note
- Currently no data mining tool available for no cost that would allow to clean up data.

enviado por Emily el 3/2/2017

Hi Juli,
Thank you for your feedback regarding are communication style with new features. We strive to provide a great experience and provide our customers with all the information that they need to be successful, and it is helpful to know where we can improve. I will send you a private email with a link to the customer portal. In addition to great learning videos, the portal also provides detailed monthly listings of all new features, updates, bug fixes, etc. If there is anything else that I can help with, please feel free to email me at emily.saquet@bullhorn.com.

Excellent ATS System

Traducir con Google Revisado el 1/3/2017
Brian Emery
Talent Acquisition Lead
Procom Consulting
Telecomunicaciones, 51-200 empleados
Poco probable Muy probablemente

Comentarios: Bullhorn is an excellent ATS system for recruiters, allowing for tracking of candidates and requirements through the entire hiring cycle. Bullhorn even allows for the ease of Resource Management with the ability to keep track of when projects are scheduled to end. The User Interface is very user friendly and intuitive. Configuring Bullhorn for the look and feel I want is also very simple. The functionality to be able to track emails to and from both candidates and hiring managers is a fantastic tool which helps in looking at history, both for future hires from hiring managers as well as to see interactions with candidates and employees in the past.

Puntos a favor: Excellent user interface with the ability to have various tabs on candidates so that different parts of the organization can see what they need.
Tracking of emails with both Candidates/Employees as well as Hiring Managers/Client Contacts
History is kept of progress through each job
Candidates can be in the process for several jobs at once
Search is very easy to find candidates in the database that match the job. It is also very simple to search for past jobs that may be similar to see candidates that had previously been successful.

Why we chose Bullhorn over the company choice

Traducir con Google Revisado el 19/11/2015
Mark Abrams
Recruiting Manager
AgentHR
Empleo y contratación
4.5 / 5
4.5 / 5
Poco probable Muy probablemente

Puntos a favor: We were encouraged to use a different ATS and chose to pay a little MORE for Bullhorn S for a few reasons:
1. Email is the primary form of communication for many conversations and the ability to be in the database while in Outlook was the number one reason for choosing Bullhorn S
2. Having the ability to create a workflow that matched our needs was a must. We do both direct hire and high volume contracting. We a process that works for both income streams
3. Customer Service - we almost didn't go with Bullhorn because of "rumors" about customer service support. We took the chance and are thrilled that we did. The customer service team usually picks up in a few rings. Even if the first level tech doesn't have the solution, they will get the issue resolved almost always on the first call
4. Set up went very well. The implementation team helped us to configure Outlook and Microsoft Office 365

Puntos en contra: Unfortunately the program setup forces you to select creation of emails using either Outlook or within the ATS. We create our emails using Outlook as normal and the emails are logged in the database. BUT if you are doing a mass email or want to use a stored template, it is a little bit of a process to bring up the email editor and to email via the database. That is manageable. The real issue is that often emails sent within the database wind up in SPAM. I have been told that there is NO solution. It means that I must follow up with the email recipient to guarantee receipt.

Customizable but not Logical

Traducir con Google Revisado el 16/10/2018
Sandy Hopwood
HR Generalist
Enfusion
Software informático, 51-200 empleados
Poco probable Muy probablemente

Comentarios: Just think about what else is out there before you go with them--it's hard to accommodate a growing business with this system, even if it is getting better.

Puntos a favor: I liked that over the years Bullhorn has improved their interface and made the system a bit more user-friendly. You can also add custom fields if needed to make the system work better.

Puntos en contra: I used Bullhorn when I worked at a Staffing agency, which is common, as it's their largest market. We made a ton of changes to the platform in the time that I was there and added a bunch of new features--but it was not easy to do this in a seamless, easy manner. It was not logical to all of a sudden change the reports that people had used for years, hire two full-time data migration specialists to clear out ancient contacts and stuff, all to have the notes be so buried that new staffing pros could not find them. I honestly hated having to use this system. If you tagged someone in a note you couldn't reference it later, the phone numbers couldn't hook up to our system, it was a mess.

Bullhorn helps to bring standardization and simplicity to the recruitment process

Traducir con Google Revisado el 2/10/2017
Recruiting Manager
Procom Consultants Group
Poco probable Muy probablemente

Comentarios: Bullhorn becomes part of the fabric of your organization and definitely not something that you could live without.

Puntos a favor: Bullhorn helps to streamline the recruitment process by allowing your jobs, candidates and placements to all be in one place at your fingertips. You can create a simplified workflow on each entity so you can see what has been done, what stage the record is at and helps to keep your process on track. The reporting is easy to use and allows for follow up with your team members. The list views are very easy to train and once you understand one, you can navigate easily through the system. Training becomes easy because the tool has a standardized look and feel.

Puntos en contra: There are a few areas within the application that you do not have the ability to configure. If these area had configuration ability it would be great. The overall application has tons of customization and configuration ability but those few small areas that don't really should be inline with all the other areas.

Powerful tool, mid level complexity

Traducir con Google Revisado el 1/5/2017
IT Support Analyst

Puntos a favor: - Great enterprise implementation team
- Intuitive layout
- Useful data integrity features (ie. any field can be made mandatory)
- Automatic Email inclusion
- Good support (within local AU support scope, US support has been underwhelming)
- SalesDuel

Puntos en contra: Built-in reporting is non-existent with two addon options available, the first being a third party who can create reports for you, and another called Canvas - BullHorn's solution to the overall lack of reporting. Cavnas:
Canvas is an in-house rebuild of Cognos Reporting suite however it has a lot of key features disabled, such as the ability for report creators to Cross-Join when required, edit SQL code to enforce certain report behaviour and some minor inconsistent functionality behaviour.
Any raised issues are handled well by our local AU support, however, the US Canvas development team are rarely able to provide long-term solutions.
As of 1/5/2017, I can't endorse Canvas as a complete or entirely functional product.
Training:
If you are moving from a system like JobAdder where the entire concept is around making the process as simple as possible and are making more fields mandatory, you'll need more than the basic BullHorn supplied training for your users to ensure the transition is smooth.
Data Display:
Some overarching data is unavailable in any form, such as "Last Contacted".
You can find "Last Note Added" and "Last Edited", however, neither of these take into consideration the Outlook Email integration they have in place. Which makes it difficult to determine the last time a contact was actually contacted in any way.
The solutions around this are poor.

Connect to Bullhorn and Get to the next level of CRM

Traducir con Google Revisado el 20/8/2018
Venugopal Sivan
Technical Support
Max Life Insurance Company Limited
Seguros, 5001-10.000 empleados
Poco probable Muy probablemente

Puntos a favor: It is one of the best CRM I have ever seen in my life. In today’s Business-to-Business (B2B), the communication isn’t limited to 1 on 1 conversation, it is now converted from one team to another team. So we are unable to record all the conversation, that’s why a concept had been aroused in form of Bullhorn so that we are able to record all the important information during conversations. It is very easy to use and is very efficient in its working. Variety of functions can be found here, mainly for searching and sorting information and for reporting data as well. The reason why I said it be one of the best it is just because it offers best customer service in the industry as well as get updates in every month. Here, you can post jobs easily and can set reminders. Lots of customization is also available here.

Puntos en contra: Even though it is a great software, if it provides more flexibility on a mobile device then it would have been great. Another tremendous problem is that it is very costly i.e. not affordable for everyone even if one wishes. That’s the only thing in which it lags the most!! However, Timeouts in times of active workings is quite cumbersome, so that should also be improved. Moreover, it causes a lot of glitches like will throw you out if parsing or updating of resumes is not done properly. It also has some difficulties and issues regarding tracking multiple branches, reporting due to tracking issues and many more.

Bullhorn Delivers on Agency Recruiting and CRM

Traducir con Google Revisado el 23/1/2017
Heather Dykes
Recruiting / HR Consultant
Matrix Systems Group
Consultoría de gestión, 13-50 empleados
Poco probable Muy probablemente

Comentarios: I reviewed a total of 6 systems before deciding on Bullhorn. All of them needed to be able to support CRM functionality since we are a small IT recruiting agency. A selected a total of 3 programs after going through demos. I received trial accounts on all 3 systems and Bullhorn was definitely the best equipped to handle our needs for both an ATS and CRM with many options to customize.

Puntos a favor: Love that it is fully customizable. You can edit field names, edit candidate workflows and disposition status, just about anything you need. I built an industry list and more, custom-tailored to our unique needs. Also, their *customer support* is available through many avenues and are VERY responsive.

Puntos en contra: Some of the things about the workflows are difficult to understand and take more time than they should (in my opinion). For example, In order to reject a candidate, you first need to Submit them to the job, EVEN THOUGH they already applied for that job. This seems counter-intuitive since they should already be associated with the job. However, submitting them to the job is different than submitting them to the client. When a candidate applies to a job, it is marked as a Web Response only. Still, doesn't make sense to me, but oh well. Also, to create a Job, you first need to create a Company record and a Contact record for that company. However, the information from those screens does auto-populate the subsequent screens, which helps save a bit of time.

Bullhorn Review

Traducir con Google Revisado el 1/3/2017
Alissa Gruetter
Accountant/Payroll Manager
Corporate Brokers
Empleo y contratación, 501-1000 empleados
Poco probable Muy probablemente

Comentarios: I do not use Bullhorn too much but am a big user of Bullhorn Back Office. I am logged in everyday and have utilized almost every functionality available. My biggest issue with this system is the small quirks and glitches. We recently had an issue with employees creating a copy of their timesheet and using PTO that caused the time to not calculate correctly. There was no solution or correction at the time. This is the perfect example of a weird glitch in the system that can be troublesome. Other than those small things, I am very happy with the functionality of Back Office specifically. The ease of use for one system to hold our timesheets, payables, commissions and invoicing makes my job a lot easier as the Accountant and Payroll Manager.

Puntos a favor: As noted above in my review, the biggest pro is the ability of the system to hold multiple functionalities for our company.

Puntos en contra: As noted in my review, the biggest con is the small glitches/quirks that the system has. It seems in every functionality I could name some sort of glitch that I have experienced.

The best recruiting ATS/CRM I have experienced!

Traducir con Google Revisado el 15/8/2017
Brian Geller
Sr. Corporate Recruiter
PrimeLending
Banca, 1001-5000 empleados
Poco probable Muy probablemente

Comentarios: This is a fantastic product that I would highly recommend. It is on the cutting edge of recruiting, and is a must-have for people looking to take their organization's talent acquisition efforts to the next level.

Puntos a favor: Bullhorn is very intuitive, and I love that it passively tracks email conversations through email formats like Microsoft Outlook. It has powerful reporting capabilities, and makes sourcing passive talent much easier than with a traditional ATS product. It is reliable, has a nice, modern user interface, and is great for when there are multiple recruiters or teams working on the same projects. There are nice branding and marketing options available as well.

Puntos en contra: There can be a bit of a learning curve involved, depending on the system that people switch over from. Also, some of the options and customizations can only be accessed, managed or implemented at the enterprise level, which can sometimes be frustrating when there are multiple organizations and operating companies utilizing the technology under a broad set of circumstances.

Do not get Bullhorn if you are a small recruiting firm

Traducir con Google Revisado el 18/10/2017
Samantha Schmidt
FTR
Empleo y contratación, Trabajador por cuenta propia
Poco probable Muy probablemente

Puntos a favor: It looks great and it seems like it could be a great ATS. BUT.................................. as you will see that is about all I can say as a pro right now.

Puntos en contra: Once you sign on you find out there are all these extra costs for additional functionality. And they lock you in to a 2 year contract. This is NOT DESIGNED FOR a small recruiting firm. Especially if there is less than 3 of you. No matter how good it looks to you, don't do it. You will find yourself annoyed because you can't add certain features (like Linkedin integration) and when they do releases they don't just update the software, they make you request to update or add a new feature. What recruiter has time to do that? or sits around reading about their ATS. They just don't get it. Please save yourself time and money and look at an ATS designed specifically for your size of firm.

Bullhorn is the top system in the industry!

Traducir con Google Revisado el 14/6/2018
Brandon Simmons
Director - Shared Services
Allied Global Services
Empleo y contratación, 51-200 empleados
Poco probable Muy probablemente

Puntos a favor: Bullhorn is an excellent open source system that allows us to effectively engage our Candidates and Clients and driv revenue across our multiple business lines. They understand who they are and what they are great at and bring partners alongside to provide the industry leading tech that they do not have embedded in their tool. the support has also greatly improved in our 4 years where our questions and issues are answered within a day at the most. and, our rep is the best. She is so engaged with us and provides updates and keeps us where we want to be, on the leading edge.

Puntos en contra: I honestly have no cons for Bullhorn. the suggestions we have provided over the years have been taken to heart and implemented so that is all you can ask frm a partner. Listen to your clients and take action on relevant things.

BH User since 4 years

Traducir con Google Revisado el 30/9/2017
Erik Wirz
Managing Partner
Wirz & Partners Management Consulting AG
Relación calidad-precio

Comentarios: never try to get things fixed
dont expect customer friendly behavior
be prepared to get ripped by the license model

Puntos a favor: nice UI
was working ok before the new release "novo"
easy to use
easy to admin and customise
integration in outlook was working (before novo), since novo it does no longer work

Puntos en contra: • no real workflow function
• full of bugs since novo (the new release)
• tickets take for ever to get solved
• basically, zero SLA commitments, you pay, they do what and when they want
• zero sales coverage
• no ability to test new products (apart of on power point)
• license model is absurd, you can only increase number of users, you can never reduce number of users • typical corporate BS, zero ownership, even on VP level, zero customer centric thinking mobile version is not proper working BI and reporting is siple in existing (stoneage) matching never worked

Horrible customer service

Traducir con Google Revisado el 25/6/2014
Stacy Rogers
Ebit Information Systems
Empleo y contratación
3.5 / 5
3.5 / 5
Poco probable Muy probablemente

Puntos a favor: Functionality does what it should for the most part

Puntos en contra: They continually bill us for services we don't use. When we try to reach someone about this, we are routed to a bunch of different people, have to leave messages, etc. We are trying to resolve a billing issue (for the second time this year, and it's just June), and we've been trying to get in touch with someone for three weeks now (and still no word). The last time, we asked for physical invoices, but no invoices yet. We noticed the charges on our credit card went up again, so we don't even know what they've billed us for. The number of users have not changed, and we've not requested any additional services. There were charges that we had to eat because we "didn't resolve them in a timely manner." They have poor customer service, and to this day, we can't tell you who our account manager is, because they don't even seem to know! For tech issues, customer service is the same. We have to go through a ticketing system, and they go "in the order it was received and in order of importance." We can't call and talk to anyone. If they do get back with me, it's weeks later. This is why we will be changing systems very soon.

Comprehensive Design

Traducir con Google Revisado el 1/11/2016
Richard Knight
Benefits and Onboarding Administrator
Alluvion Staffing
Fuente asdf
Poco probable Muy probablemente

Comentarios: Bullhorn provides a complete servicing platform for all stages of candidate recruiting. We are able to manage our client and candidate contact lists, our jobs, payroll, onboarding, and more. Aside from minor window control and UI quirks, Bullhorn has few flaws. With recent mergers, our company has experienced exponential growth during 2016. With that growth comes the challenge of integrating client and sales data, as well as candidate data. With Bullhorn, the integration was seamless. All of the data was easily uploaded into our established Bullhorn database and we experienced no downtime.

Puntos a favor: The integration. We are able to integrate third-party software into our platform which allows us to work from one tool. We save time and money as a result.

Puntos en contra: With so many features, the user interface can become cumbersome and imperfect.

Bullhorn does a good job

Traducir con Google Revisado el 25/4/2017
Corene Ross
Co-Owner / recruiter
Ross Search Partners
Empleo y contratación, 2-10 empleados
Poco probable Muy probablemente

Comentarios: The price is high for a mom and pop like us. There is a local company called Loxo that is much less and offers similar features.

Puntos a favor: Auto parsing from e-mails is convenient, tearsheets, searching functions are good. Features for recording placements and managing commissions is great.

Puntos en contra: I think the front screen fields could be better - such as a place to put info so all recruiters see right away - such as don't use candidate, locations of interest. I label all dialogue that comes back from a candidate as inbound. It would be good to have the fields of returned inmail, or returned e-mail,
Taking candidates off from a tearsheet from the candidate screen isn't easy. I have to go into the actual tearsheet to remove it.
For some reason, I get cued to login to bullhorn all the time. Mostly when parsing an e-mail. It could take 2-3 logins to get to the right screen.

Bullhorn- Ease of Use

Traducir con Google Revisado el 1/11/2016
Director, Recruiting
Procom
Fuente asdf
Poco probable Muy probablemente

Comentarios: We have been on the Bullhorn Platform for over 6 years and has become the hub of all our Recruitment and Sales interactions. The tool is easy to use, easy to update and the user friendly design makes it easy to get a new user up to speed quickly. The online training and resource centre makes finding information simple. We use this for all aspects from Lead Generation through to Offer/Placement.

Puntos a favor: Ease of Use
Ease of Implementation
Easy to get a new user up to speed
Great support

Puntos en contra: Professional Services work- There is an opportunity to do customization to the product but would suggest waiting to see if needed. Customizations are usually where you will have issues when something breaks. The core product is always working but automations is where you may see failures.