Opiniones de Rain POS

4,2 /5
  • Atención al cliente
    4,3 /5

Sobre Rain POS

La información se actualiza en tiempo real en el POS, la web y el sitio móvil con solo introducirla una vez. Registros, productos y atención al cliente ilimitados.

Descubre más sobre Rain POS

Mostrando 83 opiniones

Roger N.
  • Publicado el 7/2/2020

"Switched to Rain from Lightspeed"

Comentarios: Overall pleased with RAIN and glad we made the switch. A bit more thought into easier workflow within the Register, Special Order and LayAway screens and it will be a force to reckon with. I was hoping for an easier eCom experience, but that is not what I received. Much like other POS Systems that offer an integrated eCom Site...building out the site and making it look the way we want doesn't follow the basic HTML buildout process. As a web developer for over 20 years...I find the eCom platform to be VERY challenging to use and often times VERY discouraging. I can see they worked hard to have the functionality be similar to other CMS Website Platforms (Wix, WordPress, etc), but it's too confusing to navigate effectively taking up valuable time.

Ventajas: Integrated Marketing
Automatic "pushing" of items to our Reverb.com Account
Lightweight on system resources on our iMac's

Desventajas: Special Order Workflow is clunky and needs to be simplified. We've resorted to using the "Quote" option to better manage Special Orders and ring in total sales under a "Gift Card" first. That way when working with multiple vendors on a special order, we have easier use of customer funds when "finalizing" the deal.
Register is Average and would prefer ability to see cost of products on screen.
In Register - when scanning duplicate items they get entered as "new" line item versus adding to the SKU already input.
Can't us an IR Gun on an iPad when scanning incoming inventory or during inventory counts.
Layaway Screen has some great features, but workflow is a bit convoluted.
Website build out is horribly confusing and NOTHING follows traditional HTML processes. This was the same problem with Lightspeed's eCom platform - hard to work with and no sense of workflow.

Travis T.
  • Publicado el 19/12/2020

"Excellent for Music Stores!"

Comentarios: Overall we have been extremely pleased with our choice to switch to Rain in 2018 for our point of sale and website. The product is incredibly user friendly, can be used on any device (not tied to a license on one desktop machine like other systems) and support is great. One area other shops have asked us about is QuickBooks exports. We don't use that much, but other stores seem to be very reliant on those exports, which they say are lacking in Rain. Again, not a direct complaint from me, but one that I hear about on industry forums & from direct messages. We were a somewhat early adapter of Rain in our industry and are relatively connected in our industry & repair organization, so we seem to field a lot of inquiries about the program. We have recommended the product to quite a few other shops and want to make sure that it fits their accounting needs as well.

Ventajas: We've had a great experience thus far using the Rain point of sale program. The initial training was extremely in depth and helped us grasp all of the features before implementation. We love the product integration with Reverb.com and the fact that our inventory remains cohesive across online and in-store platforms. Online & phone support is quick & helpful. Rain has also been very helpful designing and updating our website, which is tied into the point of sale. They are constantly improving, updating and listening to customer suggestions to make their product even better.

Desventajas: One feature that is extremely helpful in our industry (music store) but missing from Rain, is a Maintenance Agreement/Service Contract module. We were disappointed it was not available when we switched to Rain, since we used that feature daily with AIMsi. We have found some halfway workarounds in Rain, but would like a more robust integrated module. Ideal features would be: MA identifier on serialized instruments in Work Orders module, ability to auto-send renewal emails to customers when their annual MA is expiring, MA batch operations for large inventories of instruments (many of the schools we service have 200-400 instruments that we maintain on MA's annually).

• Publicado el 19/12/2020
Tim J.
  • Publicado el 1/5/2021

"It works, but is not optimal for a Pet food store"

Comentarios: No business problems are being solved. it is creating more than it is solving

Ventajas: ease of access. I like being able to use the software anywhere.

Desventajas: the reporting features are not very helpful. also the bugs and anomalies that we experience on a weekly basis are annoying.

• Publicado el 1/5/2021
Holly V.
owner/operator
  • Publicado el 17/11/2020

"Disappointed"

Comentarios: It was a rough year and a half trying to operate a business with that many mistakes from their side.

Ventajas: I liked that the website and the inventory were combined. That people could see in real time what we had in stock and purchase online. That was nice and was one of the main features of why we went with Rain originally.

Desventajas: We spent a lot of time and money on Rain POS. It was the first online computer software company we ever used for point of sale. I spent an entire year in 2017 logging our entire inventory, coming up with pricing and pictures and history on every item. We went live in 2018 and by April 2019 we were done with the contract side and we closed out the point of sale side by the end of that year. Their inconsistences within the contract module were too high. And every time we called in to tech support, all they could tell us what that there was a "glitch" in the system and they couldn't fix it within a timely manner. I really felt like I was losing the trust of my customers because of Rain's mistakes.

Respuesta de proveedores

por Rain Retail Software el 9/12/2020

Holly, thank you for taking time to share your experience with our POS software. Here at Rain, our main objective is helping small businesses like yours succeed, so the fact that you found us to be detrimental to your store is disheartening. We've been busy in the 12 months since you cancelled and have greatly improved our rent-to-own module. If you like, please contact us to see those enhancements.

• Publicado el 17/11/2020
Bonita M.
  • Publicado el 19/3/2021

"Best software for quilting shops."

Comentarios: Positive all the way. Solutions are always there when we come up with something new or unique to sell. It really helps guide the way I do business.

Ventajas: Rain Pos is dependable, well priced with instantaneous software help. The company LISTENS to their clients, I can't emphasize this enough. My POS is with me everywhere, at the doctor, on vacation, in bed at night.

Desventajas: I would like an end of day report on products loaded into the system.

• Publicado el 19/3/2021
Sam G.
Tech Manager and Chief Quilter
Arte y artesanía, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 30/1/2020

"Like Sew POS Review"

Comentarios: Overall we are happy with Rain/Like Sew. It gives us an easy to manage Web front end for our store that behind the scenes in completely integrated with our Brick & Mortar operation. Improvements are still needed in many areas - the system is a work in progress regularly rolling our new and improved functionality.

Ventajas: We bought it for the seamless integration of Web and Brick & Mortar inventory management, sales and ease of use. It works very well for this purpose.

Desventajas: It is ultimately POS and Inventory Management software with little Accounting functionality. Daily exports to QuickBooks or other software are required, with additional entries in the accounting s/w to accommodate accounting best practices, Taxes on Receiving orders, billing and other financial tasks not accommodated in Like Sew. There are still some issues with Sales, Shipping and Taxes in Canada, and there is no ability to set up multiple price levels internally

• Publicado el 30/1/2020
Mary virginia N.

"Love this system!"

Comentarios: I can get the reports I need and want. Tech support is wonderful. They are constantly updating and improving the software.

Ventajas: Product is very easy to use. It's nice that I can put items on my website right from the product page. Web page is easy to edit.

Desventajas: I wish there were more yarn and knitting notions vendors integrated into the system.

Nate C.
  • Publicado el 16/11/2020

"Make the switch to Rain!"

Comentarios: I also love being able to track repairs, replacing our previous hand written system. Priceless.

Ventajas: Having out POS integrated with our website and Reverb is key for us, especially during recent times of shut down.

Desventajas: At times the system has quirks that are an annoyance to the user and is a low priority fix for developers.

• Publicado el 16/11/2020
Noel S.
co-owner
  • Publicado el 10/11/2020

"Noel Saucedo Co-owner"

Comentarios: I have been a believer ever since i saw them at the Namm show.

Ventajas: The ease of this software is very important. Being a small business i really don't have an I.T department so you guessed it we all become the I.T department in our office. The templates are easy to fill out and get your online presence ready for your clients.

Desventajas: The con is not a Rain problem it's not having the time on our side to complete at this moment.

• Publicado el 10/11/2020
Lori W.
General Manager/Owner
Comercio minorista, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 31/3/2021

"Review of Rain POS for Quilt Shops"

Comentarios: Overall, I've been very happy with my experience and their software. Customer service has always been helpful if I had a question or issue. The software has integrated well with my QuickBooks software so that's been helpful as I'm learning QB. The efficiency I've gained by using this software versus going other routes has completely justified the value for me and my business.

Ventajas: Once you learn the system and features, it's pretty easy and intuitive. I like how integrated everything is - purchasing, receiving inventory, online and in-store transactions. Adding new products through almost any of my vendors is fast and easy.

Desventajas: The software is under constant development which is good, but also challenging. I like that they are continually working to improve the product, but it can be time consuming to keep up with constant changes.

• Publicado el 31/3/2021
Laura R.
Co-Owner
Comercio minorista, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 22/12/2020

"Rain POS for Yarn Stores"

Comentarios: No point of sale system is perfect. But we are happy with the functionality and effectiveness of Rain. The fact that Rain is continually improving and updating their system has only increased our satisfaction over the years.

Ventajas: We have used Rain POS (Like Sew) for over five years and are very satisfied with it. We love that our website (recently upgraded by Rain) integrates with our POS, keeping our inventory numbers accurate. The Point of Sale is very user friendly. Reporting is decent. The website is simple to update.

Desventajas: While there are sometimes reporting issues or technical issues, Rain has an easy process in place to report problems online or by phone, and they are generally responsive in a timely manner. Rain also has a method to make suggestions on how to change or update the POS/website. I appreciate that they are willing to take our suggestions! I do wish there was a report for Items Received; it would be nice to be able to create custom reports. The only major issue we have with Rain is when the system crashes - either because our internet goes out (in which case we are able to use our iPads on cellular to ring up customers) or because Rain goes down. Luckily, this is very rare! And when it's Rain's issue, it is usually remedied quickly. Finally, it would be great if Rain integrated with Sage Accounting software. We have to manually transfer data from Rain's reports into Sage Accounting. This is time consuming.

• Publicado el 22/12/2020
Kim S.
  • Publicado el 17/12/2020

"Rain Point if Sale has taken our small business to the next level!"

Comentarios: Rain Point of Sale has allowed us to expand our online sales exponentially, and allowed our inventory to be accurate and dependable. It is a huge reason why our business has flourished in the last two years!

Ventajas: I am super happy with how my point of sale is integrated with my online sales and inventory. The product is easy for staff to understand and navigate, and errors can be corrected when necessary. The ability to access the software remotely is a huge plus, I can keep track from anywhere, or assist staff with sales or inventory when I am not in the building. The reports are easy to access, and accurate for accounting purposes, and provide us with the tools we need for planning for the future. The customer service is amazing, and I have always been able to solve any problems I’ve had with one phone call!

Desventajas: We are Canadian site, and the cashing in procedure does not allow us to use our coins, and therefore we don’t use the cash in/cash out component. That is my only complaint!

Max L.
Música, 11-50 empleados
    Sin valoración
  • Publicado el 7/12/2020

"Great for a music shop like us. Room for improvement but they're working on it"

Comentarios: Anyone who has migrated from one system to another knows how time-intensive and frustrating the whole process can be. RAIN's support team made the onboarding experience as painless as possible. Their support has continued long after the initial onboarding and I feel very confident in their ability to help us whenever we hit a roadblock and need help. It's also encouraging to see their development team constantly fixing bugs and rolling out new features. They are not the kind of company to rest on their laurels.

Ventajas: RAIN lives in the cloud and being able to access our POS from any device is a huge advantage over the POSs we were using before. The Rent-To-Own module helped simplify a very important part of our business. Integrating with REVERB has helped extend our e-commerce reach across the country. The user interface is clean and user-friendly; just what you'd expect from a modern cloud-based platform.

Desventajas: The marketing platform did not meet our expectations. The email marketing in particular is not up to what I would consider industry standard in terms of the template builder, contact management, scheduled emails, segmented lists, and analytics. We have since dropped that add-on and went with ActiveCampaign which is light years ahead.

• Publicado el 7/12/2020
Reeze H.
CEO/Designer
Arte y artesanía, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 29/5/2018

"Like-Sew websites have helped me build my online presence and streamline my business."

Comentarios: It was easy to use

Ventajas: It is easy to use and update, so I can create and modify my own products, and add products from the integrated industry catalogs. It provides me with useful information about my customers and sales transactions, data which really helps me keep and attract new customers. I especially like the batch product update feature so I can change a group of products at a time without having to individually update each product record. I have had good customer service, especially when there was a problem with the software. I have seen my sales grow and my professional online image enhanced. The cost is reasonable for my business so far. The video training is great and absolutely necessary to understand how to use the software efficiently. I also attended training at Fall Quilt Market which was excellent and highly informative.

Desventajas: I am disappointed that I am unable to integrate my email marketing with the website. In my opinion, The Marketing package is not as useful to online-only stores as it is to POS customers. The newsletter module is clunky and hard to work with. The email feature is useful, but since my email list is on a different service and not integrated, it is not as useful as it could be. It took awhile for my site to get up and running well, and to work out all the bugs. I had to be persistent in following up to get problems fixed and clear in my communication to be sure they understood what I was asking for.

• Publicado el 29/5/2018
James D.
  • Publicado el 29/7/2018

"Really awesome features with some minor bugs"

Comentarios: Tech support has helped us so many times. First, they helped us figure out some of the features that we were not completely certain how to use. Then, when we encountered bugs, another quick call to Support and they had us back up and running within no time. I just wish that the program was not dependent on the internet. We’ve had a few times where the internet went out and we were not able to conduct business. This is not good, but it hasn’t happened too often, just enough to be mildly irritating.

Ventajas: This program is so easy to use, even for those who are not technologically literate. While we do not use all of the features, such as the rental option, we are really happy with the program. The fact that everything is stored in the cloud helps us when we are not in the store, such as with trunk shows. The tech support has been so helpful when we experienced bugs in the software, and they were very knowledgeable of the product. I have also found the SEO option of Rain, and we intend to utilize it to its fullest extent to promote our business and get our name out there.

Desventajas: There have been a few bugs in the software, but nothing that a quick call to support couldn’t fix. One thing that I did not like was when the internet went out. The fact that everything was based on the internet meant that we couldn’t use the cash register. This led to a loss of sales. Nothing too major, but it’s still significant. There should be a backup or a way to use the register when there is no internet connection. More traditional POS systems allow for use without internet, but for inventory reasons, something like Rain is required. Hopefully, they’ll release a version that stores a temporary backup on your system that updates the inventory once the internet is back up and running.

• Publicado el 29/7/2018
Brenda A.
  • Publicado el 17/3/2021

"Building my RAIN site"

Comentarios: I really LOVED the RAIN POS system. Unfortunately, my business went thru some major changes in 2019 leading up to 2020, so I had to disengage it from my site. If you are doing enough daily sales in a brick & mortar store, or even in a traveling store situation, it's a GREAT addition to your website. For me cost/value ratio wasn't efffective anymore.

Ventajas: I loved the fact that setting up a whole new website platform was done with another human on the other end of the telephone that actually cared, listened and created a useable website for my customers. Step-by-step instruction helped me, an average end user, be able to manage a highly professional looking website. The integration of product sku codes, inventory, customer tracking, re-order points, everything was top notch and an added value for the cost.

Desventajas: I would like to be able to take custom orders, invoice the customer, and have the customer be able to make payments/purchases with that option. The PayPal platform fills this gap for me, but I would prefer to use the RAIN payment system as it is more cost effective.

• Publicado el 17/3/2021
Lisa W.
  • Publicado el 8/12/2020

"LikeSew works for my retail quilt shop"

Comentarios: The main reason I implemented the POS option was to help me with inventory control. Prior to using POS I didn't know how much inventory was in stock and therefore I was receiving orders for inventory that I didn't have.

Ventajas: I think the customer service is very good. Recently I wanted my homepage to be updated and revamped. They worked very quickly and efficiently with me to get give it a new look and within a few days I had a website looks very modern and professional. Also, I really like the marketing package. I used the POS for several years before adding the marketing feature. I like the automatic emails that it sends to my customers every week. Also, My website is easier to use from a cell phone now. It's worth paying the extra money for each month.

Desventajas: I do not like the way the inventory receiving works. It is supposed to be integrated with some of my vendors but doesn't seem to be complete or accurate. Also, I really wish that the email marketing was easier to use and more robust.

• Publicado el 8/12/2020
Jeremy C.
Owner, COO
  • Publicado el 15/2/2017

"The POS system that I was looking for."

Comentarios: I'm the owner of the NAMM 2015 & 2016 Top 100 Dealer, The Acoustic Shoppe in Springfield, MO. We tried the "big guy" of our industry, and found it to be outdated and not user friendly. After a year of attempting to get it up and running, we started looking for an alternative when we ran across RAIN POS. It feels like navigating a website through your browser so it was easy to learn. Within a little over one month we had our website built, products in our system, and were live with running transactions. I love that everything in in the cloud, so I can run sales in my parking lot, at festivals, trade shows, etc., or just access reports anywhere from my phone. Putting items on our website is just a button clicked, and inventory is shared online and locally so if I sell online, it's taken out of stock in my local system, and vise versa. So far customer support has been great to work with. We have run across a few minor bugs in the day to day use, but they are pretty quick at getting it straightened out. I'm sure it doesn't have all the depth of that other system, but I'm able to use it and they are adding features very quickly. We don't do rentals right now, so I can't say how well that part works. We do a lot of repairs, some sent off site, and the work order module works great for keeping up to date with the repair status. We're waiting on the Lessons module that we here is in the works, and a better way to handle consignments and trades. So far we are very happy with RAIN POS and our interactions with customer support. I highly recommend.

Ventajas: Ease of use, and integration with our e-commerce site.

Desventajas: There are a few features that I'm waiting on that will tailor the system more for the music industry.

Ande L.
Comercio minorista, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 22/1/2020

"Our thoughts"

Comentarios: All sales were handwritten, on invoices and then transcribed to a database/ excel sheet for closing out a month; this has made this so streamlined.

Ventajas: The program is quite intuitive thus making it relatively easy to use. I like the fact that it is cloud based so we can add another register as needed during very busy times. Also the integration between the website and the POS is great for product inventory. General ease of taking physical inventory.

Desventajas: There are a number of small glitches - ways to accomplish tasks that are not thought all the way through. I get a listing of UPCs from a vendor with my new order of earrings, many are duplicates that we have had. We upload the entire list, the system is not able to recognize duplicates and combine them just keeps adding the new number making physical inventory a nightmare. Customer name search is an "includes" function instead of a "starts with" so an Andy pulls up Sandy, Candy & every Anderson, i no particular order.

• Publicado el 22/1/2020
Andrea E.
Sales Associate
    Sin valoración
  • Publicado el 27/6/2018

"Tons of features packed into one POS system, great customer support."

Ventajas: Rain has tons of features, and for a music store that sells, rents, and repairs instruments, and also does lessons, there are a lot of things we need software for. With Rain, we can do most of it in one place, whereas in the past, we've had to have a system for this, something different for this, and something different for that also. It's a huge time saver and much less confusing to be able to do everything we need to do in one place. And the website is clean and easy to customize. Customer service is super easy to get in touch with and great to work with.

Desventajas: There are still a few bugs in this software. While the customer support guys are good about listening and working on fixes, there are still some small annoying things. For instance, when you delete a product from the Categories page, it does not direct you back to the Categories page, but rather the Products page. There's also not an easy way to move products into different categories in bulk. You either have to open each product manually, or you have to export the info to a spreadsheet.

• Publicado el 27/6/2018
Miles S.
manager
  • Publicado el 9/2/2018

"The future of how small businesses survive"

Comentarios: Using this system allows you to provide a customer experience on par with, or even better than, what is expected from a successful business in the 21st.

Ventajas: Feature laden! and they are still developing more music store specific features! One customer data base, one inventory database. Integrated POS system, integrated Wed Store, integrated repairs system. Then add on: integrated short term rentals, rent to own with auto pay, layaway, email marketing abilities, gift card ability, coupon ability, push products to Reverb ability, create and save quotes under a customer name, track store account balances and apply to transactions, purchasing lists by vendor populated with qty triggered items and with and easy receiving and item costs updating.
Outstandingly responsive customer service!

Desventajas: Still waiting on the private lesson feature =( But it is in development and it sounds like it will be finished Spring of 2018. Would be great to see invoicing against a quote so I could do school business with schools requiring a PO number on an invoice for payment.

• Publicado el 9/2/2018
Carolyn I.
Administración educativa, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 9/12/2020

"very good company to work with"

Comentarios: I love this company. I've been with them from their initial start in our field of music schools, and they have developed very quickly. They still have a feel of a small company, and I feel like if I need an aspect or tool developed, I have a pretty good chance of being heard and considered.

Ventajas: The comprehensive nature of having a website, an online store, a point of sale terminal, rental/rent to own terminal makes this a great foundational tool to work with.

Desventajas: I love the software, but calling customer support, I often get people who don't seem to enjoy helping me. I've had at least 2-3 calls to different technicians ag in a row where I just felt bad for even calling.

• Publicado el 9/12/2020
Todd K.
  • Publicado el 15/2/2017

"User friendly POS/Website for a small business."

Comentarios: Rain POS has allowed me to present the entire inventory of my retail shop available online. When photos for my items are not available from vendors, I snap a few with my iphone and they are uploaded in seconds.
I am not a computer tech by any means, but have found making changes to my site an easy task. When in doubt I find one of the helpful webinars and by he end of the viewing I am comfortable tackling the next task.
Customer service has been prompt and thorough. I have not had to call often, but when I do the matter is resolved within minutes. This is a plus as I typically operate my shop alone.
Recently I realized that I was not utilizing the SEO portion of Rain to it's fullest potential. My google placement was lagging back on pages 4 to 7. I spent 3 hours watching a webinar provided by Rain and spent a few weeks plucking away at my site. I am happy to say that 60 days later I am appearing on the first page of searches I deem important. One again I was able to accomplish this utilizing tools provided by Rain, not by paying an outside SEO company for this service.
Overall I am extremely happy with Rain and have recommended it to several other business in my area.

Ventajas: Ease of use even for a person not formally trained in computer technology.

Desventajas: Just a few small glitches here and there, but they continue to make improvements and they are quickly resolved.

Lance R.

"Rain POS"

Ventajas: This is a great program that integrates a point of sale program with a website store that keep inventory stock levels on the website. The basics functions are easy to use and learn.

Desventajas: Rain POS needs to make some of the reporting more functional so that you can see product sales easier and for a monthly and yearly sense.

Michael B.
  • Publicado el 23/9/2020

"Does what I need and more."

Comentarios: Our experience has been excellent. We were up and running the day we opened the doors. This is our first and only experience with POS but I cannot imagine needing anything more. The cloud based system lets me access information from anywhere I have WiFi access. No fear of losing our system due to damage or theft of equipment. Overall I find it very affordable and could not imagine being without Rain POS now.

Ventajas: The support we received from the rain team in getting started with a POS system. None of my team had any experience with POS and they made the transition easy. We still don’t use all the features available but are adding them to our system gradually. The customer support system is fantastic. The reports available on the system save hundreds of man hours and help us see how our business is doing. The inventory system is a huge help.

Desventajas: Integration with some Consumer Finance companies would be valuable to retail users. A “Dummy” website that could be used for training new employees would be a big help.

Respuesta de proveedores

por Rain Retail Software el 25/9/2020

Michael,
Thank you for your feedback, this is very helpful for us. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know where we can improve so that we can continue to look into additional options.

• Publicado el 23/9/2020