15 años ayudando a las empresas españolas
a elegir el mejor software

Opiniones de Revel Systems

Sobre Revel Systems

Revel Systems es una solución rápida, intuitiva y segura de punto de venta (POS) para iPad basada en la nube.

Descubre más sobre Revel Systems

Easy to use POS system, I see it in many retail stores.

Valoraciones de Revel Systems

3,6
Relación calidad-precio
3,4

Probabilidad de recomendación

Revel Systems tiene una valoración global de 3,7 estrellas sobre 5 según las 323 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Has utilizado Revel Systems?

Filtrar opiniones (323)

Bailey
Bailey
Heritage Interpreter en EE. UU.
Museos e instituciones, 2-10 empleados

Great

5,0 hace 6 años

It's easy to learn and accessible. Having it on an Ipad means that it's large enough to know what button is being pressed, and to move things around if need be. Having categories set up is great so we can keep track of how much change we need or how many people came in to visit the museum, that day.

Puntos en contra:

It can get a little complicated especially with adding discounts to certain purchases which can be difficult for our older volunteers to get a hold of. But is really it, on the basic side of things, it works well and does the job efficiently.

hace 6 años

Bailey, Thanks so much for the feedback. We're delighted that Barker Mansion is making good use of its Revel POS! If some of your volunteers are having a hard time adding discounts, you can have them visit the below Revel University page for video guides detailing how to complete a variety of discount-related actions within your Revel POS: https://revelsystems.com/revel-university/categories/discounts-combos/ I hope this helps! Please reach out to us if you have any questions. - Holden at Revel

Director of Patient Experience en EE. UU.
Práctica médica, 2-10 empleados

Alternativas consideradas previamente:

Revel Was a Great Decision

4,0 hace 8 meses

Comentarios: The customer service is what really sold Revel to us. We had engaging team members throughout the entire process that helped us implement and understand our new POS and inventory management system. So far, we are very happy with Revel and the support we receive from them.

We love the ease of use for both our patients and staff. Revel is designed to be very user friendly and efficient.

Puntos en contra:

The reboot time it takes when you reset the system.

Chase
Hostelería, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

12 mos w/o Online Store, Still Billing Me over $500 Per Month!

1,0 hace 3 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: Predatory, negligent, damaging. Never use this company, they outsource everything. You get a different person who has never seen your account every time. Hours of useless service calls and no one has the same story. We had to find out through months of labor that they cannot do what we signed the contract for due to skimp-flating their software and removing features with V2 Online Ordering.

Nothing!

Puntos en contra:

Everything! Over a year ago we spent 10+ hours on phone on initial set up, over 100 hours on customer service, got bumped between V1 of their online ordering system and V2, neither of which have a complete set of features allowing for pick up and shipping. That was falsely sold and they are in breach of contract unable to fulfill the terms. The matter is being transferred to our attorney for resolution, yet another additional cost we have been burdened with by this terrible company. Someone must be getting paid for them to grow so fast, sad they can't service their customers effectively, fulfill on contract terms, and follow with predatory billing. They have nearly put our small business out of business and are still taking the money out of our bank account despite blocking charges.

Chaz
Business Analyst en EE. UU.
Comercio minorista, 10.000+ empleados

System Admin for Beauty Company with 4+ years of Revel experience

5,0 hace 8 meses

Comentarios: My role with Estee Lauder is Retail Business analyst for Le Labo brand. Because they use Revel which is unique to any other Estee Lauder brand, my responsibility is also system admin of the Revel software. From my usage perspective, I enjoy that it is self contained and there's not much we cant make it do to support our business needs. Over half of the problems we face actually are not with Revel at all, but the way have we extract data from Revel's server to publish to our master system (SAP) and supporting that integration. This was architected and is maintained by our organization.

Revel is very valuable to Le Labo brand because as beauty brand that creates hand blended perfume, we need to track all of the inventory at an ingredient level. From a Retail POS and inventory management perspective, Revel is a shining star. Deployment is easy, just download the app, provision, and as long as you have an internet connection, you're on your way.

Puntos en contra:

CRM and eCommerce integration have been challenges for us, but not at the fault of Revel really. Being the large enterprise we are, the other areas of our business are cemented in the platforms that they use already, and thus there is no out of the box integration available for features beyond the core POS/Inventory that we rely on. The path forward would be for our organization to create new custom integrations to match our own internal business requirements. As far as a Revel review, the features that we do use and the support that we receive has been top notch.

Cliff
Producción de alimentos, 11-50 empleados

Robust POS system, new development mostly focused on Restaurant applications

5,0 hace 8 meses

Comentarios: Works fine for most of our specialty grocery business except as noted above.

Probably the most fully functional POS system on the market based on our review. Many features that we do not use, but are there for us if we expand. We have been using for 7 years in our specialty grocery store. Thought about replacing several times but can't find another system that has as many features and will handle the weighted items which are a big part of our sales.

Puntos en contra:

Management console format is a bit dated now. Mobile reporting interface also clunky but works. Recently introduced the Como Loyalty program and have lots of issues with that program. It is not easy to use, and does not accumulate points for weighted items which is the majority of our sales. All of the new features and upgrades they are making for Revel seem to be focused on Restaurant POS applications.

Mia
President en EE. UU.
Restaurantes, 2-10 empleados

Mias Cafe

Comentarios: Excellent!

Very user friendly and great tech support

Puntos en contra:

I liked all aspects of REVEL, sometimes I had a few cc issues, but were resolved

Fuente: GetApp

Revel POS Systems for Restaurants

1,0 hace 2 meses

Comentarios: Revel kept deducting fees from our checking account for 2 months AFTER we closed our business! We informed them in advance of the sale of our business so that there were no surprises. We are a small mom & pop business and needed those funds. The new [sensitive content hidden] did not like the Revel system at all and went to Toast POS instead. We have been unable to be reimbursed for the months that we were closed and [sensitive content hidden] who processes the credit cards has ignored our requests. He has made plenty of money from us and yet continued to deduct money out of our account.

Not much. Poor customer service and follow up.

Puntos en contra:

Difficult training the staff all the nuisances in learning the system. Managers also had a difficult time with the reports.

HUGO
HUGO
Director en RU
Comercio minorista, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

****AVOID**** EXTREMELY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SCALES NOT ADAPTED TO RETAIL BUSINESSES

1,0 hace 4 años

The overall experience has been extremely poor so there is actually nothing I would say that is positive about Revel

Puntos en contra:

Revel customer service is extremely slow, as explained by someone else, you get to exchange emails with about 10 different people and no one knows what they are talking about. The average answer time from them is 5 days. I have a deli in London, and I have been sold Revel as a great POS that would easily work with Quickbooks, which I am using. They provided me with their integrated scale, which was unable to weigh goods that were below 100g. Also, ti was rounding up so a cheese that would weigh 123g would come up as 125g, which is illegal. I notified them and asked for a full refund (including the £2300 set up fee) , which they refused, whereas it is their fault if their scales are not fit for a business like mine. DO NOT WORK WITH THIS BUNCH OF AMATEURS AND THIEVES

Guy
Chef-Owner en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

A great system for our needs and wonderful sales and implementation team!

5,0 hace 8 meses

Comentarios: I have a hodgepodge of software doing different things and using different printers...Revel Up has integrated all my systems into one system and one set of printers

Having detailed and well-thought-out software with lots of controls and options has made our business run much better.

Puntos en contra:

I can't close out and email an invoice from the POS system...It lists payment as "deposit " instead of paid.

Leeanne
Owner en Australia

Great POS System for any cafe

5,0 hace 8 meses

Comentarios: Great experience from start to finish.

The ease of setup and timely communication between front of house to back of house.

Puntos en contra:

I would like to be able to use staff scheduling but we have casuals ‘until required’ not a determined finish time but that’s a small problem compared to how good it is.

Angela
OWNER/MANAGER en EE. UU.
Restaurantes, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

One of my worst business decisions....

2,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: 1. Difficult to set up. I'm nearly set up now and it took me an average of 10 hours a day for 6 or 7 days.
2. Misrepresented themselves as being able to scale down for a small quick service bar with bar tabs.
3. Hold times for support are any where from 20 sec's-1 hour!! Unreliable.
4. Support staff are very nice and try hard to help, but there is some language barrier with every support staff member 24 hours a day.
After many phone calls, emails and frustrating nights I finally received confirmation today that they will release me from contract and charge me 45% restocking fee on equipment. IM somewhat satisfied by that. If you have a QSR or a FSR maybe they work....And maybe usually they answer support calls faster. I don't know. I'm just glad I'm out with a minimally painful 1k mistake.

Very adaptive if you are FSR. Many ways to get to open tabs. Support team emails articles and/or videos to help after virtually every support call . Support staff are very friendly and patient.

Puntos en contra:

SOUNDED good, but they couldn't deliver! Make sure they demonstrate the feature you want to use before purchasing. I spoke to my sales rep for 30-45 minutes and multiple times and still the system did not work as expected! I could not remove the majority of dining options (we are a bar with NO food or table service) I need lots of tabs and good inventory tracking of my liquor, kinda like a night club. The system works for FULL service, QUICK service or retail I guess... Definitely not a bar with no table service. It is VERY difficult to set up!! At first I thought lots of settings = lots of customization. In my case I found it not customizable to my needs. I was calling support 15 times a day for advise and work arounds. In 1 week I waited on hold with support 4 times for 20-25 minutes each call. One time I actually waited for 1 whole HOUR! Thank fully I still had not gone live. I don't like the menu lay out. Personally I think the categories and subcategories take up a LOT of valuable screen space (BIG squares). I thought I could bypass the subcategories, but after purchase found out that I couldn't get necessary reports that way. Modifiers can only add ingredients. I needed cocktails that use less of one ingredient and more of another. Later found out that was not possible. Also 3 year contract?! Wow that's a big commitment!

Craig
President / Founder en
Restaurantes, 51-200 empleados
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Revel Systems for Table Service Lacks VERY VERY VERY Basic Tip Report for Servers

2,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: Before you buy Revel ask the sales rep to try to print a basic tip report with a server log in prior to batching out at the end of the day. It's not currently possible unless you give your server full financial access.

Revel Systems syncs with Quickbooks better than any other system I'm aware of. They most often sell the equipment with higher-end networking and wireless access points such as Meraki or Ubiquiti whereas others use residential Netgear, Linksys, or TP Link which jeopardizes the stability of using a tablet as your POS.

Puntos en contra:

This oversight by Revel is ridiculous. However, are you table service and do you need your servers or other employees to take credit card tips out of the cash drawer at the end of their shift? Or leave a receipt in the drawer of how much they took out? If so it's not currently possible with Revision 2.22.9-61 or below for a server to print a basic tip report (unless you give them full financial access which includes labor rates for all other employees.). The iPad assigns the tip to whoever pays out the ticket when the customer leaves. So if your host uses his or her pin to close the ticket and the customer adds a tip that ticket is then assigned to the host rather than the waiter or waitress that helped them on the front end of revel. Furthermore, the manager can't even see a server's tips to pay out the credit card tips accurately from iPad until he or she has batched out at the end of the day. The only solution after two years of trying to remedy this situation for CajunKitchenCafe.com is to pull the report from a laptap on the backend after the point of sale has been batched at the end of the day or put the credit card tips on the employees paycheck which is a huge change to culture for most restaurants that have been in business for as long as Cajun Kitchen.

Meghan
Owner en
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Extremely overpriced fees and disappointing system!

1,0 hace 7 años

It looks nice and sleek on the counter. The actual POS is pretty straight forward after training and most employees caught on quickly.

Puntos en contra:

Where to start?? First, the monthly fees are insane considering the poor quality of the product and customer service. For two locations and three terminals, we paid fees to Revel each month. We've experienced a lot of equipment issues (tickets not printing to kitchen, card swipe goes down, mobile unit won't connect and allow orders to be taken, etc) oftentimes in the middle of a lunch rush. We have at least 2 customers every single day tell us that the online ordering isn't working. The system will look like it took their order (and they'll see pending charges on their cards), but they'll either get an error message or nothing at all. We often have people show up to pick up the order they placed online only to realize that it never came through on our system, but Revel still posts the charges as pending and it doesn't drop off the card for 3 days....not a fun thing to tell customers! We have not had a great experience with customer service, and often end up on the phone for over an hour (again, often during a lunch rush). We've had several instances where no one was ever able to answer our issue. Our accountants (who exclusively do restaurants) have found errors in reports (including tax reports for the day) multiple times. Overall, this system just doesn't live up to the quality that should come with such high fees. I called and emailed to put in our notice of cancellation at the end of our 18-month contract (they require 30 days, I put in my written notice 60 days, since their team hasn't been super responsive), I at first would get no response. When I finally did they told me that I couldn't put in my request until 30 days, which just seemed odd to me.

hace 6 años

Hi Meghan, I know we have already spoken over the phone about this, but I do apologize for your experience. It sounds like you encountered a known issue with the Online Ordering that has since been fixed. I apologize as I know how frustrating that can be when you are in the midst of service. We do appreciate your feedback and, again, apologize that we weren't able to work on a resolution for you sooner. Best regards, Sarah, Community Manager at Revel

IT Manager en EE. UU.
Comercio minorista, 51-200 empleados
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Only good if your needs are very Basic

3,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: Overall Revel is a total letdown and will be replaced by year end with a better system, lots of things we were promised could be done require using their "Open API" which costs more per month than the entire POS system does for 5 stations. We were not told about the API pricing upfront (or that there was even a cost at all, it was pitched like it was included in the regular fee) just that we could use the API to do everything we told them we needed to do, my project manager informed me of the API pricing during our implementation, when I called out the sales rep for never mentioning the additional cost despite repeated conversations about how critical this was she told me "its not my job to tell you the pricing for the API since that's not my department" It is also very difficult to impossible to find and load an order in the dashboard by customer. You have to load the customers orders report, find the customer in the list, click show orders, note the order number, then go to the order history report and then you can click through to the order, why isn't the order number under customers order a hyperlink to take me to the order? They made a systems change to batch process updates to the POS instead of in realtime, we have a custom app that we use for check ins when a customer comes into the store and it adds customers to the revel system so we can link them to a sale and track close rate etc. They used to sync in real time from the dashboard to the stations, after a recent update it takes anywhere from 30-60 minutes for the customers to pull down from the revel dashboard. I have verified they show up on the dashboard instantly as they should, there is just a major delay in syncing back to the iPads now that was not there before the update. Reporting is very weak in certain areas, you can't view profit by anything other than employee which is worthless if you don't have pay rates loaded which we don't since we aren't using that aspect of the system. When we receive inventory in the store, we upload it into the revel dashboard via their excel template this works about 75% of the time, the rest of the time it just silently fails, you will never receive any notice that it failed, where it failed etc. So now before I do any uploads, I do an export of what we have immediately before so when it fails I can compare to the inventory after the partial upload to figure out where the import stopped so I can import the rest. I could keep going but bottom line is if your needs are more than barebones or you are not a restaurant you should look elsewhere for a much better solution.

Overall they have a nice POS interface and it is pretty stable. Their pricing is also pretty good for the base system.

Puntos en contra:

Functions are hard to find Very much geared towards restaurants, so if you are in another business be prepared to see restaurant specific stuff all over you can't turn off Material changes to the way things work with zero notice Can only see profit margin by employee no P&L type report. Inventory uploads regularly fail with no notice, and no way to tell what was added without doing a manual compare of before and after and trying again with the additional items.

hace 6 años

Hi Michael, I am truly sorry about your experience and I have shared your feedback with our sales management team, as well as the customer service team. I am confident that once we get we get a bit more info from you, we will be able to come to a resolution in terms of API and reporting. Our customer service team will be happy to follow up on any outstanding issues you have. Regards, Sarah, Customer Advocacy Manager at Revel

Lisa
Co-Founder/Owner en
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Not for the technology newbie....

5,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: The only reporting feature I would love to see is comparative reports so I don't have to piece them together. I want to know things like "sales last March versus sales this March", and "labor last month versus this month". That's how we track trends and right now we have to export as excel and wrote our own formulas to analyze this data. Overall, a good system for our small business.

Great reporting on the back end. Responsive to feedback. Constantly evolving and listening to customers. VERY customizable. The systems are reliable (as long as your network is reliable) and I haven't had any Revel related downtime. We are a 7 day a week operation with two locations and the only problems we have had have been related to our own network reliability and one faulty iPad. Once we upgraded those, we were fine.

Puntos en contra:

SUPER labor intensive to set up yourself. If you are at all uncomfortable with technology and terminology, hire someone to do this for you. If you are comfortable plucking around in setting up the backend yourself, go for it. I had TERRIBLE frustrations with the support team at launch. It was clearly an overseas call center and there was a language barrier where the agents were likely trained to simply read back scripted responses and not really think critically through my issues. I feel like maybe they added some US based support because sometimes when I call now, language and understanding is not an issue and I can get things solved quickly. It can sometimes feel like this system is trying to be all things to all people, which can be both admirable and frustrating at the same time. There are SO many set up choices I don't need that I feel like a consultative sales approach (and more personal support at set up) would be more helpful but that would definitely cause costs to rise. It's a conundrum. So just know that you'll save money if you feel confident setting this up yourself. If you aren't comfortable wit technology, be ready to spend a little on hiring a person to set you up.

Kiera
Managing Partner en EE. UU.
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Amazing features and functionality for accurate business analysis

4,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: Give your customer service agents at your call centers raises! I have spent dozens of hours on the phone and talked to numerous people from all over and every single one of them has surpassed all expectations of product knowledge and customer service! That makes a world of difference!

The features from a business owner's perspective are unparalleled. Everything is totally customizable tofu the specific and unique needs of individual businesses. The customer service alone makes this worth the money. I have never looked forward to calling customer service before, but the training of the employees of not just product knowledge, but also customer service is absolutely unmatched.

Puntos en contra:

I have three specific areas of opportunity for Revel. 1) Taking payments of split checks (especially when one guest leaves earlier than others) is the worst system of any modern systems I have ever worked with. After splitting the checks, it is impossible to change the way you split the items if one guest has already paid and left. This really needs to be addressed if the product is going to be marketed to full service restaurants that have to deal with split payments on almost every party of 3 or more. 2) While I appreciate its modern focus, it is not easy to work with if a restaurant still uses paper gift certificates. 3) We were a "Guinea Pig" test restaurant for a salesman that had never worked with Revel before. He provided absolutely no help at all in setting up the system as he didn't know much about it himself. Even after he got back from training, he had to call customer service to answer simple questions I had. For such a complex and intricate system, there should be protocols in place for better training of the people selling it to be able to set it up for the customers.

Nik
Office Manager en
Comercio minorista, 11-50 empleados

Expensive, expensive, expensive

2,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: After using this system for a little over a year, I would recommend anyone shopping for POS services look for a solution that has dedicated hardware. An iPad may be great for personal use, but a solution with actual dedicated hardware would have eliminated a lot of headaches for us. The iPad's themselves have numerous features that we don't really need to operate our POS, so it's kind of a waste.

The user face is extremely sleek. Appearance wise it's a total 10. It was also very easy for our servers to learn how to use.

Puntos en contra:

The cost is ridiculously high. Revel also likes to make changes that incur higher fees with the various vendors needed to process credit cards. A few months ago our payment gateway monthly fee raised high with absolutely no notice or real explanation as to why. When we called to ask about what changes were actually made, the reps could only seem to say that some security features had been upgraded. Really felt like we were just being gouged for more money. The set up process was daunting as well. We have since had numerous issues that were only resolved when I posted a negative review on another forum. So customer service isn't equitable to the monthly cost of the service. Syncing issues have also been a huge headache for us. The check splitting functionality has lost us money numerous times and caused terrible delays in our server's ability to help guests. Checks will merge themselves back together after a payment has been processed and its usually almost impossible to correct once it happens.

chris
owner/operator en EE. UU.

Good but troublesome

3,0 hace 6 años

Very mobile, orders can be sent in immediately. Very easy to use as far and table waitstaff. Over abundance of information once it is set up and functioning its great.

Puntos en contra:

There is too much needless information on the back end. its very overwhelming because you have to sift through it every time you use it. There should be custom saves for only the information you use in the reports/options. Its retail and other business type options need to be addressed. This is the main reason i would not suggest using it. The constant updates can be useful but buggy as well. For example a split ticket transaction will literally crash the program (this is as of 1/2/2018). A undressed issue for a month now. Its more like a application a engineer designed rather than one that the end user would find useful. I have use Revel POS for years and still do but am now looking for a replacement.

hace 6 años

Hi Chris, Thank you for the feedback and we are glad to hear that you like Revel overall. I have asked our Client Relations team to get in touch with you to resolve your issue with the split checks. Our product developers are always looking for input on design. I will reach out to you directly to set up a time to collect your suggestions. Best Regards, Sarah, Advocacy Manager at Revel

Jim
VP of Operations en
Ropa y moda, 11-50 empleados

Excellent System that Works Great

5,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: We have had others system and this just works great for us. It has a pretty good inventory system and a host of reports. The key is its makes the sales process easy. I have no problem giving Revel a strong recommendation.

Our company is the merchandise concessionaire for Athletic Events at Army West Point and we are big fans of the Revel System. At our latest game, we had 11 stands and were able to push through almost 2000 transactions in a little over four hours. The system has worked flawless for us and our gross sales is up over 20% this season because of the ease of sales. We added a scanner and the fans love it. Combined with a strong credit card provider we have our sales available for us usually in 48 hours. The system works for us in many locations on batteries and its Verizon wi-fi is very good. If we have wi-fi trouble on site with a large crowd...it holds transaction and puts it through when the wi-fi is up. Our staff...not big techies...has had NO problems after expressing a feeling that the system would make it hard for customers to be serviced. We are big fans because it is helping our business. We now do almost four to one credit cards over cash purchases.

Puntos en contra:

You will find Revel is a little more expensive than other systems. They also make a decent profit on the hardware. But it is clearly you get what you pay for....when you have great service and a strong working system....you have to pay. This is a professional system.

Louise
Owner en Australia
Hostelería, 2-10 empleados

WOULD NOT TOUCH THEM

3,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: very poor

The local (Australian) staff who sold it to us, were helpful and it all went well. No longer managed by Australian staff and it went down hill from then. Really have little good to say about it after 3 years of use.

Puntos en contra:

Offered a one off fee relief of $200 during shutdown. Every other app gave 100% fee relief or significant discounts. Cost of hardware was for fixed period, but they offered no discount once that period was over. Basically intend to charge for the cost of the hardware, indefinitely. Support is provided by eastern European call centre. Pleasant and helpful but a minor language barrier. Cant do many basic things you'd expect. Such as a set menu with course options Level of integration is extremely poor. Basically all at additional cost. Including integration with essential accounting app, which they claim in advertising is integrated. Its not.

Kim
Ropa y moda, 11-50 empleados

Unreliable

1,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: This is the most unreliable system I have ever used. The support team are not trained equally. Some are helpful and give you a lot of detail to make sure you have everything in place properly. Others simply do not know & dismiss the need to ask or transfer you to someone else. We have two stores, both with this system. We closed both stores to conduct physical inventory. After being on the phone a full day the day before we began the actual inventory, closing for 1 week and paying employees for working inventory, only to find out the original tech support didn’t sell us the app we needed, did not tell us we had to purchase the app for each individual that planned on counting & did not properly instruct us on the setting up of our backend for inventory, not one item we counted was able to sync. 1 full week, 2 locations, closed = 0 income, employees payroll for inventory = 0, this was completely hurtful to a small business and no responsibility was excepted by Revelup. The tech support said exactly “every computer app or system does have its own issues, they all have a glitch” Thank you revelup

hace 6 años

Hi Kim, Sorry to hear you are experiencing some frustration with troubleshooting the Physical Inventory App. I do see that your help desk tickets are now resolved and we do apologize if you had to call into Support more than once to get it figured out. I have escalated your case to our customer relations team to ensure we address all of your needs. It looks like you joined Revel by way of our partner, Intuit, and we do apologize if your Intuit rep was not in possession of the info you needed to perform Inventory using Revel. You do have a Revel account executive and the customer relations team will be happy to share their info with you. Best Regards, Sarah at Revel

Christoph
CEO en
Restaurantes, 51-200 empleados

Innovative QSR POS solution, terrible customer service and poor reliability

1,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: Although it’s an innovative product, the quality of customer service is horrible. Three of our restaurants in Europe run on Revel and we have seen significant decrease in stability / consistency. Frequent updates in recent months have caused complete service failure during lunch time (as updates seem to come in at exactly that time). Our account manager is basically helpless, and can only offer us to pay hefty fees to their consultants as well as VIP services in order for us to get support. Far behind NetPos which we use in our other outlets! We halted now the implementation of Revel across our 5 restaurants concepts with 70 outlets and are looking to switch to another provider. Further we tried to implement our mobile app with Revel’s API, turned out it is basically unusable at this stage due to limitation of calls we can make to it.

-Innovative cloud based solution -Low Capex vs. other full fledged POS solutions -Hardware can be purchased separate

Puntos en contra:

-Poor reliability, frequent updates / changes to the system make it difficult to maintain. Updates which are not announced cause a lot of disruptions in restaurant -Poor customer service -API is poorly documented, limited calls allowed

hace 7 años

Hello Chris, I'm very sorry to hear that you're having a poor experience with your system and support. We definitely want to be sure to meet your customer service needs. I will be reaching out to you directly to learn more about how we can turn things around here. We're also happy to work with partners to increase API calls. We do set a limit at the outset of our relationship with our partners but we are always available to increase limits if we realize there is a specific need for one of our valued merchants. Revel's Business Development team will work with the partner providing you the integrated service to find an immediate solution. Thank you for sharing your feedback and for bringing it to our attention. Regards, Sarah, Community Manager, Revel Systems

Daniel
Owner/Partner en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Using Revel to manage all of my point of sale needs and back office systems

5,0 hace 8 años

Comentarios: Revel has been the second POS system I have implemented in my business and it will be the last one for various benefits it has given me compared to previous systems. It is reliable! If there are internet connection problems for either transactions or merchant card processing,

Cloud based, so I can access settings and live information from anywhere. Various modifiable functionalities. Back end reporting is extensive with multiple breakdowns of information available which helps me analyze my business' performance. Tech support are determined to help solve every call. They follow up to ensure things are running well. Very happy with the tech support for any small or large issue.

Puntos en contra:

It takes a little while to learn how to get around the back office management platform and to be able to fine tune all the settings for your particular business processes. Tech support are always happy to help me find what I need and/or help fix whatever settings might be in question.

Christian
CEO en EE. UU.

Buyer beware!

2,0 hace 7 meses

Comentarios: Horrible

The only reason we considered Revel was because of IOS compaitiblity.

Puntos en contra:

Bait and switch. Our monthly subscription started and $350. It is now for (with the same # of POS stations) $750. Originally you could use your own merchant account. Now you have to pay an additional $150 a month to use your own provider. I finally switched to a different POS provider. When I called to cancel, Revel says I renewed FOR THREE YEARS by a pop up screen. None of my employees saw the "pop up contract". Stay away horribly unethical company.

Ben
Manager en EE. UU.
Restaurantes
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

confusing at first. much better now.

3,5 hace 8 años

The analytics. Its great being able to look over past orders and watch trends

Puntos en contra:

Tech support. The first year or so I spent a lot of time on the phone with tech support. Some of the problem was me just not understanding the system. Although a few of the problems were something I could not have known about. Tier 1 tech support was not helpful after a certain point. But it felt very difficult to get my problems looked at by someone with more knowledge. i was often told I would get a phone call back but never received a call. More often than not, I would get an email with a vaguely worded fix. After a year or so i would spend hours fixing a problem myself because this ended up being faster than calling tech support and waiting for an answer. The lack of speaking to someone who can help fix the problem was very frustrating. Not to say tier one tech support was bad. they we're as helpful as they could be. But some of the problems we had needed someone with more knowledge. And the lack of speaking to that person was disappointing.

hace 8 años

Ben, thanks a lot for your review! We are working hard to expand our technical support team at the moment to deliver the best experience to our customers when they need help