Opiniones de Squarespace

Sobre Squarespace

Squarespace proporciona herramientas creativas que impulsan el futuro de la web.

Descubre más sobre Squarespace

Easy to deploy and integrates (albeit not seamlessly) with GoDaddy, where we were previously hosting our website. Excellent customer service.

Valoraciones de Squarespace

Evaluación media

Facilidad de uso
Atención al cliente
Funcionalidades
Relación calidad-precio

Probabilidad de recomendación

Squarespace tiene una valoración global de 4,6 estrellas sobre 5 según las 2.651 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Has utilizado Squarespace?

Filtrar opiniones (2.652)

Nejat
Nejat
PhD student
Investigación, 10.000+ empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Phenomenal tool for web design

5,0 hace 5 meses
Los subtítulos en español están disponibles en el reproductor de vídeo
Juan Jesus
Manager en México
Consultoría de gestión, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Si urge una página web visualmente atractiva, esta es la opción

5,0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: Es una herramienta que sin tener conocimientos de computación te permite tener en un día una página web atractiva y visualmente funcional.

Tiene herramientas de construcción y plantillas de las mejores que he visto en el mercado, tiene herramientas adicionales como creación de logos que complementan mucho y aunque no lo he usado una herramienta para crear tiendas en línea

Puntos en contra:

es de los productos más caros en el mercado y la integración con dominios externos no es tan inmediata

Lola
creative director en RU
Diseño, 2-10 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Great design features but need more e-commerce support

4,0 hace 2 días Nuevo

Comentarios: I enjoy using Squarespace. If the e-commerce features are more competitive, it would be a perfect website builder!

Squarespace is amazing for putting together an attractive, professional website in no time. Having used various website builders over the years, I'd say Squarespace is the most beginner-friendly. The website templates are beautiful and very easy to edit - no coding or design skills required! Because of Squarespace's extensive customisable design elements, it is best for portfolio websites - where stylish layout is important and you don't need advanced e-commerce features. And being one of the most established website builder platforms around, you can also trust that your website will be secure.

Puntos en contra:

Squarespace isn't so great in terms of e-commerce integration. For example, it lacks the infrastructure to create useful shipping options (e.g. free delivery over £50), which should be an essential e-commerce feature. If you're looking to build an online store, I wouldn't recommend Squarespace.

Margot
Founder en EE. UU.
Arte y artesanía, Trabajador autónomo

Perfect for Creative Professionals, Limiting for E-Commerce

4,0 hace 2 meses

Comentarios: Squarespace has allowed me to build an online space where I can sell my artwork and share creative projects. As my product line grows I will need to move the shop aspect to an alternative like Shopify. However, I will remain using Squarespace as the main website for my business and services.

Squarespace is my favorite website builder for small businesses and creative professionals. I love that it is so easy to set up and customize to fit my branding and voice. Squarespace makes it easy for one person to create their own portfolio or website to promote their work or house their services.

Puntos en contra:

While Squarespace has been my favorite website host as a creative professional, it is lacking in e-commerce tools and support. Simple things like having a filtering system for a shop page require additional plug-ins, or coming up with DIY solutions (that will ultimately require more work long term). Squarespace's commerce functions may be appropriate for a shop with one or very few product categories. However, as the product line expands and falls under different categories, it becomes much harder for the user to sort through products and locate what they need.

Liza
Liza
Freelancer/Web Designer en EE. UU.
Diseño, Trabajador autónomo
Fuente de la reseña

Great for Freelance Web Designers!

5,0 hace 4 meses

Comentarios: Making bold and impactful websites is incredibly achievable through Squarespace. Squarespace in general feels uncluttered, approachable, and non-intimidating to use. I also appreciate how Squarespace includes the fundamental tools of a business. However, this may be too basic if you need a more robust system. Many integrations can help with more functionality but may come at an additional cost, may not match the branding of your website, and too many extensions can be overwhelming to keep track of.

As a designer and developer, I enjoy designing on Squarespace because of its minimalistic and simple aesthetic. The menu is easy to navigate, and the editor is intuitive. Their new fluid editor update makes it easier than ever to create unique designs. It's fun to play and experiment with code blocks using the custom code feature. I like how CSS changes are live as you're typing. Squarespace also has a great community in its forums. The forum has many people who are always willing to help with anything. Client handoff is especially easy. After the design is finished, the client can manage and update their website without needing web development experience.

Puntos en contra:

Because of how simple and basic Squarespace is, some features can be limiting. Email Marketing might be the biggest drawback. The extra cost for email marketing is not worth it compared to other platforms that offer most of the features for free. Selling digital products also has limited options. Third-party plugins and extensions can help with extra functionality, but too many can be overwhelming. Custom designing can be challenging because you need extra tools and willpower to target certain elements.

Anna
Anna
Head of Communications en Suiza
Arte y artesanía, 2-10 empleados

Beautiful websites!

5,0 hace 4 meses

Before switching from Wordpress to something more contemporary, I thoroughly researched the offerings, and a lot of website-building platforms seemed to have little difference between them. But I trialed most of market leaders every since, and I can surely say, squarespace websites are the prettiest. For businesses that rely heavily on the visual element of their marketing, that is super important. And the recent update (the possibility to overlap blocks and place them anywhere on the grid, regardless of the page structure) is an absolute game-changer, and I am totally in love.

Puntos en contra:

The only thing that I am not entirely satisfied is how Squarespace approaches multi-language websites - I had to turn to a third-party plugin. It is not a deal breaker for me, but it was just strange not to offer this in the first place.

Kymberli
Founder en EE. UU.
Hostelería, Trabajador autónomo

Best Website Builder EVER

5,0 hace 4 meses

Comentarios: overall, my experience with Squarespace has been amazing. I recommend them to everyone

How easy it is to use. I first started out with wordpress, godaddy and shopify and that was beyond me. Someone recommended squarespace to me and I was able to rollout my ideas almost instantaneously. thank you!

Puntos en contra:

I sold my computer so I’d love if the mobile app had all of the same features available as the website but I understand it takes time.

Melissa
Business Owner en EE. UU.
Restaurantes, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Great for Basics, not so great for customization

4,0 hace 9 meses

Comentarios: Overall, it's a great quality jumping off point for anyone new to the ecommerce game. If you have some experience with web design, you would probably enjoy building your own site a lot more than trying to fit yourself or your business into one of the proverbial "boxes" that Squarespace has to offer it's clients. If you're just trying to break into the market and are looking for an easy to use and manage, basic solution - this will work great!

I really liked how easy this was to use and get setup, considering I have ZERO web design or IT experience. It was really user friendly, has lots of guides to help you get started. Lots of modern designs that can fit a lot traditional/regular business streams. The customer management features are EXCELLENT - especially if you use a Square POS system in your shop. I really love that I can run analytics on any particular customer, plus you can use the info across Square platforms. Really great ecommerce software if your needs are basic.

Puntos en contra:

The ability to customize to your business could use a lot of improvement. You can customize to an extent - it generally requires you to have any and all imagery, content and designs done and simply uploaded to the site. This is a daunting task if you have never done anything like this before - I tried and it didn't go well. None of the themes really "matched" or worked well with our business and how we wished to incorporate ecommerce into our business.

Liam
Graphic Designer en Australia
Diseño gráfico, Trabajador autónomo

Alternativas consideradas:

Squarespace: the platform that empowers creatives

4,0 hace 10 meses

Comentarios: I use Squarespace to showcase my work and tell my story to potential clients, and allow them to book in a call with me. It's an essential part of my client acquisition process.

Squarespace has made my career possible. It allowed me to build the portfolio that landed my first full-time graphic design job, and is now the platform I use to showcase my work and win freelance clients. Its balance of simplicity and customisability empowers me as a designer to build a website that represents me and my small design business in the best light possible.

Puntos en contra:

I will admit I've had to rely quite heavily on custom CSS to get my site looking the way I'd like — this wouldn't be much of a problem if it weren't for the poor CSS coding experience. Squarespace only gives me a very small window to type in, and it's very difficult to navigate the 400 lines or so of code I've written. There is also an abundance of unused code (Javascript) that gets loaded into my website by default which I cannot remove. This increases my website load time, making for a poor viewer experience – not to mention the negative impact this has on my SEO. Squarespace also slows my computer severely when I use it in the Safari browser — this led me to switch back to Chrome. All this being said — if you're someone who doesn't plan on adding code, isn't concerned with SEO, and doesn't use Safari for desktop — I can't help but commend Squarespace for their brilliant overall experience.

Director & Photographer en EE. UU.
Fotografía, Trabajador autónomo

User of Squarespace for 9+ years - Loyal customer to a fantastic product

5,0 hace 11 meses

Comentarios: My overall experience has been outstanding. I will continue to use the product despite the cost. It is well worth the amount of visits I routinely get on the site where I know the viewers will have a smooth experiencing navigating the site. It just works!

When it comes down to it, I'm convinced that Squarespace is the BEST option for portfolio websites short of hiring a designer which would cost significantly more for something better quality than what Squarespace has to offer. Beyond that, it's easy to customize, is a beautiful frame for portfolio work that makes the work itself look better and ultimately gives me credibility as a professional since the site just looks so good. I've put quite a bit of work into building the site over the last 9 years and change the theme every 3-4 years or so which requires days of work to get right each time. In between larger redesigns, updating the site is so easy and I know what to expect. The customer service has been outstanding for 9 years. It's more expensive than the other options out there but I'm happy to pay for how the product bolsters my work and ease of using the product. The analytics also are a huge win in allowing me to see how the site in performing - and to be able to monitor this on the go within the app.

Puntos en contra:

There are some limitations if you're very design focused like I am since the templates can only do what they were created to do which means that simple things like changing margins may not be as simple as you'd hope. There are lots of tools the "style editor" but sometimes it doesn't' cover all the bases. I've had to code things in when that was the case for things that I feel should be pretty easy to customize (like if I want an image full bleed but the template doesn't support it, you must code it in. This is only for a few select amount of customers who are detail-obsessed like I am. For the general user, the prebuilt templates are above and beyond what you'd hope for! Also, sometimes browsers have a hard time keeping up with the editor and it can freeze or crash. This has gotten massively better in the last 5 years and hope to see this continue to improve. All around, these are things I wish could be better but not complaining when there isn't anything comparable in the market for the look & functionality at a similar price point.

Shirley
Shirley
Director en RU
Marketing y publicidad, Trabajador autónomo
Fuente de la reseña

Squarespace Review - The All-In-One Platform to Build a Beautiful Online Presence

5,0 hace 11 meses

Comentarios: Squarespace is a fantastic all-in-one platform that makes it easy for you to build an amazing looking website in no time. The templates are clean and minimalistic and give you plenty of room to showcase your content, create a stunning online store, or place some great photography in there. You get access to powerful tools like commerce, site management, analytics and more! There is also a ton of training on how to use Squarespace, so getting started couldn’t be easier. It’s free for 14 days so give it a try today!

Are you ready to launch your online presence, but aren’t sure where to start? Squarespace offers an all-in-one platform that allows you to create a beautiful website, online store, or portfolio without the hassle of building everything from scratch. You can literally have everything up and running in less than an hour! Squarespace is an online platform where you can build your own website. There are many options and designs, so everyone is bound to find something they like. You can also create eCommerce stores and online portfolios with Squarespace. I especially love how easy it is to set up and edit with such an organized layout! It felt almost effortless. Additionally, there are tons of free templates available that look great and super professional right out of the box if you're not in a creative mood or don't have much time to work on setting up your site/store/portfolio but still want something good looking going live quickly.

Puntos en contra:

Squarespace is great for small and large businesses alike. They give you a host of free tools that allow you to create an amazing website or online store. What I loved about Squarespace was how easy it was to create my own web design, their advanced SEO features, and most importantly, their customer service has been top-notch! But if I had to find something negative, it would be that they are not made for large companies that may need more personalized or advanced features than Squarespace currently offers.

Jeremy
Jeremy
Audio Engineer en Canadá
Producción audiovisual, 2-10 empleados

Easy to Use But Often Limited

4,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: I had to launch a website—with scheduling and services—in a day, and Squarespace did not disappoint. I was able to do this quickly and easily, with little reference to the user guide. When it came time to launch my own site, I carefully researched and compared Squarespace to other all-in-one solutions, and it came out on top. Most other solutions required more work to build, and it was easy to "break" their templates. It's a real challenge to make a Squarespace template look bad. That being said, there are times where you want to change the color of a header, for example, and you find this is simply not possible. You then have to go on a Google search and find the hidden CSS code for that style and paste it into the custom code window. And most of the time, it doesn't work. So I would like to see them make changes colours more intuitive and easier to do. Another thing to know: you will likely have to pay to get a feature you need, at some point. I needed to have a pop-up email subscription form, and I had to upgrade to "Business" for that. So make sure you scan the features before buying.

The best thing about Squarespace is that you can launch a simple website in a few hours; grab a template, tweak to taste, and go. The competitors still tend to need direct coding to make them look good, but not with Squarespace. The templates are tasteful and generally easy to edit, plus there is a rich backend with tons of analytical tools and e-commerce features for when you're ready to sell. The website editor is truly WYSIWG (What You See Is What You Get) and adding sections is as easy as a click.

Puntos en contra:

Squarespace's templates look nice, but there are surprisingly few of them. I've built several sites with Squarespace, but I always grab the same podcasting template because everything else it way too specific: restaurant! Vlogger! Fashion! But precious little for general-purpose sites, with a minuscule selection for a company that's been at this for over 10 years. The WYSIWG editor can be extremely annoying as well, constantly digging into to floating menus just to make simple edits, and it's unclear where things reside sometimes. It's hard to escape the feeling that there has to be a better way. But it is still easy to use.

Henry
Henry
Digital Marketing Manager en EE. UU.
Restaurantes, 51-200 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Simple doesn't mean low quality

4,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: My client wanted to launch a new brand with a website fast. I chose Squarespace just to get us going, with the intention of migrating over to a WordPress build in the near future. 2 years later we're still on Squarespace, with no immediate plans to change. The website's performance and optimization is consistently top-notch, edits are easy, tracking code changes work well, and enough third-party tool integrations exist to account for our needs. I wanted Squarespace because I hoped it would be quick and simple to set up. It was. I stayed with Squarespace because it's more effective and substantial than I initially hoped.

Squarespace really is simple to set up and use. A lot of web building best practices are automated for you, with image auto-optimization, mobile-friendly templates, and ADA compliance features. A few years ago the biggest issue with simple website builders like this was performance - drag-and-drop sites tended to be slower. Not the case anymore. All my Squarespace sites load well within Google Page Speed Index benchmarks, with image compression that doesn't reduce image quality at all.

Puntos en contra:

Squarespace will cause some issues if you're at either extreme of tech savvy: If you have zero background building sites, there will be a learning curve. I know their marketing makes it sound like you could build a site with your eyes closed, but do not count on it being that simple. And on the other end, if you have deeper experience building sites and working with code, Squarespace can be a bit basic. You can't access a page's source code, block types can't be edited, and design functions are fairly limited.

Gabriele
Gabriele
Mental Coach & Trainer en Italia
Formación profesional y coaching, 2-10 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Tra le migliori piattaforme per la creazione di siti drag&drop

5,0 el año pasado

Velocità: è veloce, punto. I server sono rapidi e caricano le pagine in un lampo. Responsività: che sia desktop o che sia mobile i siti vengono sempre visualizzati correttamente grazie ai template già pronti e 100% responsive. Completezza dell'offerta: il piano base da 11€/mese è già di per sé eccellente per chi non ha dimestichezza con html/css o semplicemente non ha voglia di mettersi a installare WordPress o creare da zero un sito smanettando nel back-end. Il piano superiore da 17€/mese risulta assai conveniente perché include una mail con Google Workspace che di per sé costerebbe già di più se scorporato dal prezzo base di Squarespace e la possibilità di gestire un e-commerce. Semplicità d'uso: è tutto al 100% drag&drop e tutti i servizi annessi al sito sono semplici da configurare anche da chi ha quasi zero conoscenze informatiche.

Puntos en contra:

Il lato oscuro di Squarespace (e di Wix e altri editor drag&drop tutto in uno): se crei un sito su Squarespace, rimane su Squarespace. Non puoi esportarlo, non puoi farne un backup offline. Puoi solo gestirlo e continuare a modificarlo dalla loro interfaccia proprietaria, quindi se un domani decidi di non voler più pagare un abbonamento fisso mensile ma vuoi spostare sito + servizi su un hosting dedicato con un prezzo una tantum annuale e pagare un professionista per fartelo gestire... devi rifarlo da zero. È punto cruciale di cui tener conto nel momento in cui si è ancora nella fase di selezione iniziale: hosting dedicato/condiviso o una piattaforma tutto in uno in abbonamento?

Kacy
Website Owner, Ministry Developer, Content Creator en Sudáfrica
Instituciones religiosas, Trabajador autónomo

Alternativas consideradas:

Clean, simple start-up but not the smoothest system.

4,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: I use Squarespace primarily for blogging and building a brand. It is not optimal for writing, editing and photos, but it makes for a great, clean website with many options with electronic forms, pull down menus and features. Overall, it's a great product, but still very clunky and unsteady.

It is easy for a non-expert like me to build a blog, navigate a website and make quick edits. Squarespace stands out above the rest in simplicity with drag and drop features. It does a good job with electronic forms to make a way for more to opt in and covers all the bases on what you need for a website. They offer great analytics!

Puntos en contra:

The software is very clunky. I tend to use it on my MacBook, but have learned to write content somewhere safer than putting it straight into website. It has crashed so many times, and adding pictures often takes a very long time. The iOS apps seem to work better but that's not optimal for my work. I've also struggled some with text editing and formatting. The process isn't smooth.

Stephen
Director of Communications en EE. UU.
Instituciones religiosas, 11-50 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Value and Simplicity, Meet Beauty!

5,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: I have now built over 10 full websites using Squarespace and each one continues to grow my knowledge and stretch my ability. As I aforementioned, you don’t need to be a pro, but if you are, designing an incredible, impactful and don’t miss this, mobile friendly website is simple and easy.

The best thing about Squarespace is the ability to create gorgeous websites with little to zero experience. You don’t need to be an HTML wizard, but if you happen to be, you can still take full advantage of everything Squarespace has to offer.

Puntos en contra:

Honestly, it’s hard to say one. For the mid level prosumer, I haven’t found a single better option.

Eddie
Co-Founder en EE. UU.
Aprendizaje en línea, 2-10 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Best in class product by far for several years now

5,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: I teach classes on digital marketing and entrepreneurship and ask my students to build a website without coding within a week that looks professional and generate sales from their website. SquareSpace has always helped them build a best in class product. The website we have built quickly to get our companies started have resonated well with investors and everyone always compliments the look and feel of our sites.

I have used SquareSpace for over 5 years now, using the platform to build a minimum viable product before scaling to custom built websites, to putting up new websites that look extremely professional very quickly. Everyone who looks at the websites are impressed with how they look, not knowing it only took a few minutes to build. They continue to add functionality over the years. They have a great dedication to customer service as well that responds quickly.

Puntos en contra:

Moving some objects around was not always as intuitive as I thought they could be. If there are a tremendous amounts of data on a screen it may be slower to edit than it always was. Very minor bugs discovered on rare occasions. Just nitpicking, wonderful product.

Erin
Creator & Host en EE. UU.
Medios de difusión, 2-10 empleados

A Novice Can Do It

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I've had a great experience with Squarespace. I'm currently going through a website redesign. I utilized their "matchmaking service" to try and find a designer and thought it was the most efficient system. It's like online dating. You fill out a form, which is like your profile, stating what you want. You get matched up with several designers. From those you "swipe right" on five. Then it becomes up to those five to court you by sending you an email, reaching out to jump on a Zoom and you take your relationship from there. I feel like I scored. I am enjoying working with my designer. She's so knowledgeable and she understands what I'm trying to accomplish. I cannot wait for my new site to deploy.

For the most part, anything I've tried to create on Squarespace is relatively easy. If I had questions, I was able to find a YouTube tutorial to figure it out. The sites look professional on both desktop and mobile and don't break the bank to create. You can also make your site transactional which is nice and the fees involved are reasonable.

Puntos en contra:

I am not a tech savvy person so some of the functionality requires an in-depth online lesson to recreate something I've seen, however, it is all figureoutable.

Cody
Cody
Creator en EE. UU.
Edición, 2-10 empleados
Fuente: GetApp

Delivers Quality and Most of the Functions You'll Ever Need

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Squarespace works great for me, and the clients I've built sites for on it. It does everything that I have needed it to, and have been able to implement HTML/CSS elements when I absolutely needed to (pretty much on a novice when it comes to code). Whenever I show someone a site I've built, they are usually impressed, even though I'm mostly building on top of the work by the template designers.

Squarespace has great templates and an easy to use, drag and drop builder. You don't need any technical or true design skills to create a solid website. The high quality templates, with predetermined styling, ensure that even a simple website looks clean and elegant. It's also easy to implement your SEO titles and tags, connect email marketing services, add Google Adsense and other plugins. The price seems pretty good for all that, though maybe slightly more expensive than other CMS options.

Puntos en contra:

The main drawback I've had is that Squarespace isn't as customizable as other CMS options, like Wix or Weebly. Sometimes I just want to move a simple element over slightly, yet this often isn't possible within the block format used by Squarespace. The flip side is that Squarespace has few if any bugs, while Wix and Weebly can get strange errors in my experience.

Marketing Specialist & Copywriter en EE. UU.
Marketing y publicidad, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Nice software, but fragile and randomly freezes or glitches

4,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Overall it’s a pretty good experience. Although there are glitches and times when it simply freezes for no apparent reason . This can be infuriating, especially after writing a lot of content, and it will not save or update the text (we pay for the gigablast fastest business internet our ISP sells). Sometimes it will save an old draft, not the current one, this makes me want to scream. Sometimes it will delete things I don’t want it to accidentally I’m not sure what the problem is, there needs to be a general undo button. Something that can protect you if the website is glitching or acting nuts..

The stylish look of the fonts and web design. The styles look professional enough, the competitors looked too childlike or complicated to setup. I also like that you can do most of the editing from the app, not just the laptop.

Puntos en contra:

What concerns me about this software, is the lack of ownership over all the work put into the website. Software companies these days are becoming political and illogical at times. Although my team and company doesn’t deal with anything political like that, it’s in the back of our mind’s that eventually we will need to break off from Squarespace because they have too much power over our website and servers. All it takes is one new CEO who is ‘Woke’ or a Twitter tweet with no accountability or responsibility, to blow up and a company’s online presence can be severely compromised. Like I said what we do is not even controversial, but We have seen from other marketing firms, weird issues like that concerning square space and competitors. So as time goes on and we become more profitable, the goal is to eventually break away from Square space over lack of control over our own website and servers.

Philip
Photographer en Bélgica
Fotografía, Trabajador autónomo

Great Website Builder and Templates for Businesses and Artists

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Overall, the Squarespace website builder has served my business well. I’m able to have professional-looking websites that deliver the message I want to get across, all in great-looking design. Coupled with the integrated online scheduler where my clients can book their appointments and the integrated marketing tools, it serves my business needs daily.

I have 3 Squarespace websites for my photography and multimedia businesses and 1 Squarespace website for my personal work/artist portfolio. I’ve been a Squarespace user for a long time, and since then things have only improved with the choice of templates and the design possibilities. A significant advantage is that you don’t need to be tied to a template design and customize the design and add custom CSS if you want more complex customization. There are many third-party plugins available for Squarespace if you don’t have the knowledge to do it yourself, and that can make the already great starter templates even better. For businesses, Squarespace has built-in SEO and other marketing tools like newsletters, a built-in scheduling calendar for clients to book appointments if you’re a service-oriented business, and of course, there’s also the possibility for e-commerce with great web store designs and templates.

Puntos en contra:

Squarespace is still heavily focused on English-speaking and North-American customers/businesses when it comes to selling products. For example, for companies that are not based in the US, there’s still no built-in possibility to accept local payment gateways if you want to sell products or services. Many customers in EU regions prefer to pay online using their local bank payment gateways rather than credit cards. Compared to some other website builders. The ability to sell products or services using your local payment gateway is still missing in Squarespace as something that's built and that you can activate with the click of a button.

Elizabeth
Director of Development & Communications en EE. UU.
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 11-50 empleados

Easy to Customize

4,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Using Squarespace to relaunch our website was a time consuming process, but the system made it as easy as it could be. Someone with little web design experience can make a beautiful website and concern themselves more with the content than the design. There was a bit of a learning curve, but after trial and error we were able to navigate the system and learn as we designed new pages.

The drag and drop features of the page designs were easy to navigate and customize. When deciding what pages to include in our rebranded website, functionality was our number one concern; we wanted to be sure our current and future customers could navigate our site easily and find what they were looking for. It is great to be able to adjust and customize pieces any time instead of having to wait for a developer to create a page for us.

Puntos en contra:

The forms can be finicky and sometimes don't work for users. Because there isn't a customer service rep with onboarding it can be difficult to navigate troubleshooting. Without much coding knowledge it can be difficult to customize the size of the header for the entire website, and I wish you could chose your own fonts.

Amy
Partner & Brand Director en EE. UU.
Marketing y publicidad, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Easy drag-and-drop alternative to other web platforms

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I'm a copywriter, designer and brand/marketing consultant. I've built multiple small sites myself, and on a handful of others have directed freelance designers and developers on site build-out. First Squarespace site I did was in 2016. We build websites for clients on Wordpress, Shopify and Bigcommerce as well. And tend to direct clients to Squarespace if their content will be visually-driven, perhaps a little lighter on the e-commerce side, and when they'll benefit from the ability to create new pages -- especially marketing landing pages under their own domain -- without the need to call in extra developer/programmer assistance.

Squarespace's drag-and-drop platform makes it really easy to create a great-looking, full-functioning website... that can be organically changed, added to and otherwise modified over time. If we have clients who need to create marketing landing pages under their own URL, Squarespace is the one website platform that offers this natively and elegantly. We find ourselves needing to call in programmer/developers far less often when creating or modifying a web site on Squarespace. The ability to add forms, email captures, slide shows, etc., is all native to the platform, without needing to add a bunch of plugins. Your editing window is the actual page, so you can see what your dragging, writing, and otherwise placing on the page in a completely visual editor view. If you are someone who doesn't do coding... and likes the ability to drag sections and elements, set your own colors, padding, etc., Squarespace is really quite flexible and easy to use.

Puntos en contra:

It doesn't do a perfect job of scaling photography from desktop to mobile views. It certainly does it, but sometimes requires a little creativity to set the image focal point and/or scale the original image so that it looks good in desktop and doesn't look too big in mobile. This is less of an issue with large banner-width images than with smaller inset images. Takes a little getting used to. The only other issue we've run into is that the interface is so easy to use that we've had a client go in and make color and photo changes we'd have preferred he didn't. Easy enough to correct. But, generally, our clients are too intimidated by other platforms to get in and change things, so just something to think about and create a plan/process around on a Squarespace site.

Mark
Executive Director en EE. UU.
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, Trabajador autónomo

Alternativas consideradas:

Allowing my nonprofit's website to stay adaptive and relevant amidst an ever-changing web.

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Squarespace won me over after years of thinking I could do a better job "designing it" on my own with free templates for WordPress. Time and time again I would spend days or weeks on the site, be happy with it, and then months later it would all be out of date, look old, and not function in the ways that information transfer had shifted by internet users. I decided that a professional, clean and easy to use Squarespace site, with robust back-end capabilities is what I needed, and I have not been disappointed.

Squarespace really has their act together in offering a clean, easy to use , beautiful web building platform. I run a media and video production nonprofit, and the needs and functionality of my site have evolved almost yearly since 2013. The way that people engage with content on the internet is always changing, and I got caught up in the flow of trying to always evolve the website to keep up. I used GoDaddy and WordPress for too many years, and eventually migrated them all to Squarespace because it was all just so much more streamlined, modern, clean and simple. I now have the basic website I need, and know that there are many many ways to customize it if needed without messing up the whole site (as happened many times on WordPress) I changed my entire .com and .org from a WordPress template on GoDaddy, and could not be happier with the customer service I received from Squarespace, they were so helpful in getting everything aligned for the transition.

Puntos en contra:

I wish there were maybe 15-20 more templates, and that a few of them were specifically meant for video galleries, as that is what my organization focuses on in our storytelling, videos. I would love a template tailor made for aggregating videos. For now I can use a photo gallery or blog and adapt it, which works fine, but my wish list would be a video focused and designed template.

Osman
Business Consultant en RU
Servicios financieros, Trabajador autónomo

Absolutely fine!

4,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I've used this software before and it really helped me with my website in the past. It has some good features and not difficult to use. You pretty much get what you pay for. Also, know that if you are aiming for really professional websites I wouldn't suggest you use Squarespace. But if you just want to set up a decent site in a short amount of time, I would definitely suggest you this software.

First of all, it is extremely easy to set up websites in no time. It has some cool and modern-looking templates that you might want to consider. It is user-friendly and not much knowledge of coding is required which makes it a good choice for many companies and people. Even though I didn't struggle much with anything whilst using this software, support was always there to help.

Puntos en contra:

The way that the client can't change a lot, implies that expert clients are restricted and don't have much freedom. Other than the lack of freedom when choosing templates and editing fonts or just the way the website looks, I don't see any other downsides to this software.

IT Specialist en México
Internet, 11-50 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

When minimalism was a luxury

4,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I trully believe SS is being hold hostage by its once glorious minimalist phyloshophy and streamlined way of doing things. Their templates all look the same now.

Squarespace helped us develop good looking and fuctional website in no time, with outstanding streamlined interface and ease of use with minimalism in mind. + Premium fonts.

Puntos en contra:

In my personal opinion, I think SS is lost with its minimalist phyloshopy and streamlined way of doing things. It was good a couple of years back when it was the only kid in town but websites have developed so much that the need for robust features and fuctionality is more a necessity than a commodity now. They just released their extension feature but it consist of no more than a few addons.