15 años ayudando a las empresas españolas
a elegir el mejor software

Opiniones de Smart Service

Sobre Smart Service

Agrega programación, distribución, gestión de clientes y más a QuickBooks con Smart Service, uno de los mejores software para trabajos de control de plagas.

Descubre más sobre Smart Service

Puntos en contra:

If you need technical assistance after the second or third year, you have to pay for each year previous to be able to even ask a question.

Valoraciones de Smart Service

Evaluación media

Facilidad de uso
Atención al cliente
Funcionalidades
Relación calidad-precio

Probabilidad de recomendación

Smart Service tiene una valoración global de 4,3 estrellas sobre 5 según las 269 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Has utilizado Smart Service?

Filtrar opiniones (269)

Albert D.
Albert D.
, 51-200 empleados
Fuente de la opinión

Smart Service has been a God send to my company. We are now also "almost" paper free.

5,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: Efficiency - Efficiency - efficiency.
And did I mention efficiency???

Being able to use iPads or tablets in the field. By being able to use tablets we take away the technicians penmanship errors and can have the customer sign work orders so there is no confusion of who said what later.

Puntos en contra:

Not being able to track individual extinguishers by date and have them update to when service is needed.

Nate
Owner/CEO en EE. UU.

Alternativas consideradas previamente:

Smart Service for Pest Control

4,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: It's been a long and arduous process learning to work with the software and customize it to fit our needs.

The software is very customizable. It has the features we need to apply data to ensure consistent service to our customers.

Puntos en contra:

Due to the customizable design it requires admins that are highly skilled in software use and development. Not easy to navigate, conflicting layers/windows for data.

Lori
Receptionist en EE. UU.

Use of Smart Service

5,0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Ease of scheduling and looking up our Clients.

Puntos en contra:

Sometimes it can be slower then usual to find a Customer.

Ben
Dispatcher en EE. UU.
Servicios para instalaciones
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Good in theory, but impractical in implementation

1,5 hace 9 años

For the regular dispatching features, I was able to learn completely on my own with no instruction, becoming our in-house "expert." It is intuitive enough that I found solutions for problems that tech support thought had no work-around.

Puntos en contra:

The program as a whole is outdated and clunky, built around Microsoft Access, limiting its modern application. For example, if you have a customer with 10 locations and 15 total jobs, and they change their billing address, you have to manually go change it 26 times, in a clunky system that is not fast at all. Adding a new customer takes forever, especially if you have a location and job to enter as well. There is also no feature to have an AP email for their default QuickBooks email, while still have primary contact's email prevalent. Scheduling is nice that a job can recur indefinitely, but if a job cancels, you have to change its recurrence pattern PRIOR to inactivating the job, or it still comes up on the schedule. It also has no features for a job to occur for a certain period of time, or to recur on a seasonal basis. If your customers have multiple services per invoice, it is a huge pain. The "Batch invoices to Quickbooks" feature requires the user to post each individual batch one. at. a. time. Again, on a slow, clunky system. Many of the advanced features have not worked for us at all, or were not as advertised in the demo. Granted, the most annoying part (the scheduler does not work for us) is largely due to our painfully slow cloud system, making it inoperable. If you want to print a schedule for each employee, be prepared to pay for an upgrade (ours was $600) so they can program a custom report for you, that is iffy on how often it works on the first attempt. (Ours works on the second attempt every time.) The "Prospect" feature is useless... it doesn't transition over to "Customer" well at all. It is also impractical to use many features integrated with Quickbooks-- it requires syncing for anything useful, and with a large customer database, that is completely impractical for the frequency required. Bill your customer a flat rate each month? Forget about it, unless you cheat the system and create two jobs-- one that is the real job for your employee and charges nothing, and one that only your accountant uses. Bottom line: It's intuitive to figure out basic functions, but there is SO much room for error, and something simple like an updated address once took me 2 hours to complete for our largest customer. They need to do a complete overhaul of their programming and add some basic features before I could recommend Smart Service to anyone. We've found that to make it work, it requires constant ingenuity to come up with a work-around for design flaws.

Eron
ceo en EE. UU.
Construcción, Trabajador autónomo

Great product

4,0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: My overall experience with Smart Service has been very good.

Smart Service used with iFleet has allowed me to streamline customer management, scheduling, and estimating repairs.

Puntos en contra:

As you may expect there's a bit of a learning curve and multi-day jobs don't work well.

Construcción, 11-50 empleados

Smart Service

4,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: It has been a good experience. It handles well with Quickbooks. We are switching to a better software after being on this for 5 years.

It is fairly user friendly. I do like the posting and dispatch screens. Easy to read, easy to post. The ease of changing information is good and bad. From an accounting perspective, it is a bit soft on that aspect.

Puntos en contra:

It took me longer to get the hang of this software than most softwares I have used. The reporting is not the best. Reporting is difficult to get what we want. It either has too much information or too little. I would like to see the ease of changing accouting information alot harder. It is too easy for the field techs to change.

Sholom
Propiedad inmobiliaria, 2-10 empleados

Smart Service

Comentarios: Excellent. I C would definitely recommend

The ease of setup and learning curve were rather straightforward and intuitive. The tech support is excellent as well

Puntos en contra:

I prefer to speak with a real person as opposed to a phone tree

Brad
CFO en EE. UU.
Servicios medioambientales, 11-50 empleados

Good Product for Service and Installations

5,0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: Happy with the product. We use it to create, schedule, update, communicate and invoice hundreds of jobs per week.

Ability to communicate job information between the office and the field

Puntos en contra:

making changes to customer names if clumsy.

Peter
CEO en EE. UU.
Energías renovables y medio ambiente, 11-50 empleados

Chief Executive Officer

5,0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: Very good. The only problem I had was when I migrated to a new server. This did not go well.

QuickBooks integration, ability to export CSV files. MS Outlook user interfact.

Puntos en contra:

Limit ability to make mass changes to the data.

Josh Bernthold,
Josh Bernthold,
Agency Owner en EE. UU.
Fuente de la opinión

Great field mgmt software for Quickbooks users

4,0 hace 6 años

The design is amazing and the integration works seamlessly with Quickbooks. The direct customer support is great but is an additional cost that I feel is a must-have for general support or when you get in a jam.

Puntos en contra:

There are not too many cons with this software. The constant updating and making the software more versatile for the user would be the only negative point I could come across only because with any software update there is a chance for bugs. The fact the company is always doing it in response to making the software run better and adding feature requests from actual customers balances it out I feel.

Milakaa
Dispatcher en EE. UU.
Fuente de la opinión

Smart Service is the program we use on an hourly basis to keep our service business going.

5,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: Everything is organized for me, makes taking, tracking calls a breeze!

Basic scheduling is very easy to learn, it only took me a couple of days to start scheduling basic calls. The rest involved mainly learning the service business that I work for in order to discover other needs within Smart Service. There is additional support via Smart Service's monthly webinars on various topics to assist with learning. I've attended 'Service Agreements' which I didn't know was possible until the webinar. I really like the reporting feature, it can generate useful data by request. For instance, pulling reports by customer location; if I want to view which customers live in South San Francisco I can easily create filters to do so. You really don't know how valuable a program is until your without it. We experienced our internet being down for half a day and had to go back to paper scheduling; that made us all realize how important Smart Service is to our business for sure!

Puntos en contra:

If you misspell a customer name after selecting 'new customer/prospect' and make it to the main customer screen, you have to go into QuickBooks to make the corrections although it is a new customer. It would be better for new customers only to keep it unlocked until save is selected. That would save some time; I don't make constant errors but it happens occasionally. Also, tracking technicians does not seem to work 100%. I've made sure that their tablets are syncing but only have three technicians showing up on the map. Sometimes it can take a long time to load a customer and that delays a call and time. Other than those three minor problems, I can't really think of anything else.

Annette
Installation Coordinator/Dispatcher en EE. UU.

Smart Service for HVAC-R Application

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: The scheduling is very simple and the different views (time stamp, location, etc) are helpful in keeping track of our technicians and communicating to customers. The time stamped notes are invaluable and help us to maintain a professional operation. The bookkeeping has been mainstreamed and our techs can now process credit/debit card transactions on-site which keeps collections down.

I appreciate the ability to create different locations under one customer name. We have Home Warranty companies that we contract with and we can neatly arrange their locations and jobs for ease of access. The ability to upload and store images of customers equipment has been invaluable for insurance claims and warranty coverage and keeping track of model and serial numbers. Being able to send emails and texts from within the program saves time and the message!

Puntos en contra:

Preparing reports that are specific to your needs. I have struggled with preparing a report that clearly shows what items we have sold and how many of them in a year. The screen flickers almost all the time when using Smart Service.

Melissa
office manager en EE. UU.
Fuente de la opinión

Great program, excellent customer service

5,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: Linking it to our accounting program allows us to not have to log in customer information twice. Our old program we had to create a customer in the pest control program and then use that information to create them again in our accounting program. I like that we can post the work order and it automatically shows up in our QuickBooks.

How easy it is to navigate through the work orders and customers. I like that you can post multiple invoices at one time if needed, or even skip multiple invoices at one time, simply by checking a box and then posting the first. I like that it connects so easily with our QuickBooks program.

Puntos en contra:

I wish it would automatically reset a customer's price information for the following month. We have to change the amount of rooms serviced each month in various hotels. Our previous program would set the amount of rooms back to the base amount of rooms, but this program leaves it at the amount you post each month, so the following month it will show the amount of rooms and price from the previous month. Sometimes our customers get confused.

Danielle
President/Owner en EE. UU.
, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la opinión

Been a long time user and on my second version. Great program for small to mid-size businesses.

5,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: Very easy to learn, and provides all the functions I need running a mid-sized Plumbing Service Company, and is very easy to teach as the staff grows.

It's a great value and does so much of what other more expensive and complicated softwares do plus even more in some cases. Service System is so user friendly and very easy to learn as well as teach to new employees as the company grows. We highly recommend it to anyone who asks.

Puntos en contra:

The support at My Service Depot for SmartService is great. The biggest complication and downfall, which is a big one, is that you can never get support except during standard working business hours Monday through Friday during the day. Being a small company, you can't afford to spend the time down and on the phone with tech support and failing to answer your phones for paying customers looking for service when you are in the trades like plumbing.

Melissa
office manager en EE. UU.
Servicios medioambientales, 2-10 empleados

Easy and Efficient

5,0 hace 8 años

Comentarios: I have used Smart Service for the last 9 years. The customer support is excellent. They are very knowledgeable and are quick to get back to you if they are not available right away. The updates that you receive are good about fixing any program issues that may arise and they are always adding new things to help the program stay current with the times. I have even asked for certain aspects to be included in the past and they worked to make that happen for me. It's a great program and a great company. I highly recommend Smart Service.

the scheduler, the ability to post multiple invoices at a time, the ease of adding a new customer

Puntos en contra:

if I have to change the price on a regular customer service for one service that is the price that remains for the next months service. A previous program we used would automatically reset the price back to it's basic price for the following month when it was a recurring customer.

Lorianne
Owner en EE. UU.
Servicios medioambientales, 2-10 empleados

Outstanding Software with Outstanding Customer Support

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Smart Service is a reliable software that allows us to ease into our day and our driver's day. They know ahead of time what their schedule will be for the week. It allows me to spend more time with my customers. It makes scheduling a snap. Our invoicing goes out immediately, where before it went out a few days to a week later. Thus, we are getting paid faster.

Smart Service has streamlined and simplified our scheduling processes, service and billing. It has cut my paperwork down by half, allowing me to get other business tasks done that were going by the wayside.

Puntos en contra:

The first year, it was difficult flipping back and forth between Quickbooks and SmartService, until we built up a history on our customers.

Jessica
Service Operations Manager en EE. UU.
Construcción, 51-200 empleados

Worked very well for dispatching HVAC/Plumbing/Electrical Service

5,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: Ability to dispatch efficiently. Ability to invoice easily without keeping track of paperwork. Everything was easily traceable. Very user friendly.

The ease of entering customers and service calls. Integrated live with QuickBooks. Easy to attach pictures and documents to service calls. Easy to run reports for department or service technician. Easy for technicians to complete work order/collect payment at the time of service call.

Puntos en contra:

Tech support is great, but usually had to call and wait for a return call. Sometimes in the service industry those few minutes/hours can cost a lot of money.

Sherry
, 2-10 empleados

Smart Service Review

5,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: We have been using smart service since about 1999. I have to say it is a great tool for small service bushiness. There is some things I think could be done differently or improved to help with functionality in some areas. The customer service it great! I appreciate that you are all there and willing to help and/or answer questions. Thank you.

works well with QB

Puntos en contra:

There is need for improvement 1) editing in customers names capability - can only be done in QB 2) List - edits on Jobs description and other areas - are not easy to edit... I think you could find an easier way to fix spelling errors and etc...

Denis

Best scheduling program

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Just makes scheduling so much easier.

Having used a few other programs, Smart Service syncs seamlessly with Quick Books. We also run alot of services, we can have 40 stops with 5 trucks, I fleet takes the place of all the paper work orders and makes managing information a breeze.

Puntos en contra:

syncing the pictures with drop box, there should be a link to keep them in the smart service or I fleet enviorment.

Carly
Owner en EE. UU.
Ingeniería industrial o mecánica, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la opinión

Do not purchase this software!

3,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Money grabbers!

This software had the functions that I wanted.

Puntos en contra:

If you need technical assistance after the second or third year, you have to pay for each year previous to be able to even ask a question! I needed a question answered after the third year and they are trying to charge me over $1600 before even knowing what my question is! I have spoken to several other scheduling software companies and they are appalled by this tactic!

Paul
VP of Operations en EE. UU.
Construcción, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la opinión

They are really great people to work with - that makes the difference for me.

5,0 hace 7 años

Great support. Willing to work through any problem. Pricing is excellent. Support is always right there. Software is very intuitive. Piggy back's with our accounting software and technicians in the field extremely well.

Puntos en contra:

There have been some speed issues that we are fighting to get through. They have been very easy to work with in trying to solve the problem. They have made every effort. However the issue still has not been buttoned down.

Todd
Servicios para el consumidor, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la opinión

Smart Service in today's busy world

5,0 hace 8 años

Comentarios: Smart Service listens to their customers and updates the software accordingly. Tech support is easy to work with and are very knowledgeable about their product.

It's easy to work with, easily adjustable to what I want to see, the new copy function is a huge time saver. iFleet is a tremendous aid for increasing productivity and reducing the amount of paperwork with our service techs.

Puntos en contra:

The wait time when it's communicating with QB. I get "not responding" and it slows me down.

Emily
Office Administrator en EE. UU.
Fuente de la opinión

We use Smart Service for all our scheduling. Everything kicks out on time!

4,0 hace 6 años

We love that all our customers are able to have their extinguishers serviced every year on time due to Smart Service scheduling. Love the reporting tab so we can get a monthly spreadsheet of what we have due each month.

Puntos en contra:

I've been using this software for 3+ years and have never had a problem so far! If I ever did, their technical support is always so helpful!

jena
OFFICE MANAGER en EE. UU.
, 2-10 empleados

I love this system

4,0 hace 8 años

Comentarios: After years of researching dispatching systems. I finally decided to go with Smart Service and so glad I did. Very easy to use. Love the Tech Support system. They are very knowledgeable and friendly. There is always a learning curve with a new system. But they were always willing to help me with my issues. Once I learned the system, I am so glad I choose Smart Service! The only thing we have problems with is the 8:30 open time. Our techs get on the road at 8:00 and when the server is down and the I pads can't sync for whatever reason. The guys can't get there jobs on tablet and get their day started.

Easy to use

Puntos en contra:

Micro soft access crashes a lot.

Natalie
Construcción
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Easy and Accurate Dispatching with Smart Service

5,0 hace 9 años

We use Smart Service to dispatch our team of 14 Plumbers and Apprentice Plumbers. This would be a Herculean job without the Smart Service technology. With Smart Service, our two dispatchers are able to orchestrate our work orders to match up skills of plumber with customer needs and minimize drive time. If there is a technical problem, Smart Service is very responsive and helpful. The best part of Smart Service software is that it integrates with QuickBooks and I-Fleet Phones.

Puntos en contra:

Our Plumbers do have a suggestion to improve Smart Service. When the Work order information shows on the Plumber's I-Fleet phone, he sees the main contact name and phone number plus an alternate phone number. It would be helpful if he also could see an alternate name.