Opiniones de Domotz PRO

Media de valoraciones

• General
  • Atención al cliente

Sobre Domotz PRO

Domotz Pro es la brillante solución de administración y supervisión remota para proveedores de servicios de TI y profesionales de instalación.

Descubre más sobre Domotz PRO

Mostrando 66 opiniones

Howard H.
Howard H.
Seguridad informática y de redes, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 23/12/2020

"Easy remote monitoring and access"

Comentarios: Highly recommended! For £20 pm you will be hard pushed to find anything better.
There are many other remote access products but I have found them to be fiddly or time consuming, not to mention costly. We are a startup so cost is obviously very important to us. Domotz provides exactly what we need, with a simple interface and ease of use.

Ventajas: Very easy interface, multiple installation options like Ubuntu, Synology and Docker to name a few. Easy setup which allows me to deploy within minutes. Recently deployed three agents to remote locations. The VPN feature allows us to keep full control.
A nice touch - the VPN can be configured to access via custom ports. I have a single box solution for a remote customer that is running a Type 1 Hypervisor and multiple VM's and Containers within. I can access everything via the VPN without any human involvement, which given the locations, is a must.
I also use the Android app for alarms (I can also access remote devices through the VPN from my phone) and this works well. remember to disable battery control on your Android, otherwise alarms can be delayed. If using SNMP PoE devices, you can power cycle the port on the switch via the web interface or app. It also has great recognition of well known devices and will group them if required. For example, our office has several Samsung Smart TV's as well as Ubiquity network equipment. They have each been grouped which allows for quick access.

Desventajas: None that hinder my requirements. The map (when using SNMP devices) is quick to populate however, you are unable to modify it's layout or add colour. This would be a nice touch. But this does not discourage my use of the product.

• Publicado el 23/12/2020
Joshua N.
Solutions Architect
Redes informáticas, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 18/2/2021

"Great tool that really helps solve network issues"

Comentarios: I fix networks and keep them fixed for a living. Having a simple tool that can reach out an touch every device, on every vlan and tell you what it is makes you an invaluable asset to any organization.

Ventajas: Domotz automatically identifies many devices automatically so you don't have to guess what something is. In addition the tool is so easy to use it takes very little time to become proficient. I had not successfully worked with an API integration before and through the webinars and support I built my own custom dashboard and learned some new skills in the process.

Desventajas: none really. I try to break it daily and have not succeeded yet.

• Publicado el 18/2/2021
Filippo D.
Filippo D.
CTO
  • Publicado el 1/3/2021

"Big surprise!!!"

Comentarios: This plaform help us to monitor some customer networks to proactive solve issue. Very helpfully!

Ventajas: We leave from another platform because the cost was most expensive. During a Synology DSM 7 Beta test, we found this cloud network platform and we try to use it. The features is not the same like the platform abandoned, but the features is constantly a work in progress. The support is very professional and a very smart team. The plus, is that the idea and development is an Italian team, and for an italian citizen is a very proud plus!

Desventajas: The only things I don't like is the subnet scan that is a /22 scanning. But, the support team is on piece to help you to improve it.

• Publicado el 1/3/2021
Dan L.
Dan L.
Private User
Internet, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 8/7/2021

"A very good way to keep track of your networks."

Comentarios: I have been using Domotz Pro for almost 2 years now and my main purpose
was to get a good program that could spot new devices popping up in the
network to spot strange behavior BUT also to keep track of the status
of all my existing "good" devices and see if important ones goes
offline. I have tried to find other similar products on the market but
have not found one that is as good as Domotz.

Ventajas: Very quickly spots new devices in the network and also keeps track of
what port in the switch it comes through. And also keeps a good view
of all the devices and tracks status. Also the software is developed
and new smart features and is added on a regular basis.

Desventajas: So far there is really no things that I dislike. It really works OK
in my opinion. The only thing that I do not like is that they have
removed the "Lite" version so private persons like myself could afford
to use this powerful software. (I have been running the
"Legacy Lite plan" at an affordable level for a private user but you
could not order that any more) However, apart from that and for
businesses I still would recommend this as it is a good software for
sure.

• Publicado el 8/7/2021
Stacus O.
Solutions Consultant /Systems Engineer
Hardware informático, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 5/12/2019

"Proactive Monitoring"

Comentarios: Domotz Pro features and functions have opened up a multitude of avenues to exploit while monitoring our edge devices. Our team has the ability to address problems in real time and reduce overheads incurred through field engineer deployments. We can now centrally manage and monitor edge devices by drilling down to services affected at both a port and switch level. Additional to monitoring, Domotz has availed a reporting facility that we use to justify works done for our customers, a critical component when meeting Service Level Agreement Timelines.

Ventajas: Everything! The Domotz team have developed a well thought out product that addresses the needs of the end user without the need of complex configurations seen in most RMM tools today. My personal favorite features include Domotz Eyes with Alerts, VPN on Demand, Network Monitoring, Web-hooks, VLAN support and IoT integrations.
Working with Embedded systems deployed across remote locations, there is no better tool to provide us with real time proactive monitoring of our remote assets.

Desventajas: We have not experienced any Cons with the product thus far. However we are grateful to the development team that is constantly engaging with us to add features to the product and expand the scope of use with the ever changing Network and IT environments in to day's world

• Publicado el 5/12/2019
Software informático, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 23/9/2020

"Great Software"

Comentarios: I'm a happy customer - its a simple pricing structure which makes it simple to deploy and use

Ventajas: While there is other competitive options on the market, Domotz accomplishes its primary aspects in a more readable fashion. The reporting is useful and by and large the tool just works. They seem to always be making improvements and its been becoming a much stronger product.

Desventajas: Feature development can take quite awhile but they work when they are released.

• Publicado el 23/9/2020
Matthieu H.
Muebles, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 1/7/2019

"Great for SMB"

Comentarios: I have 4 small shops, each one with 1 our 2 computers, router with 2 WANs, VoIP phones Camera and Alarm.
All shops are connected via VPN to a server in our office and to a cloud server with our sales and accounting system.
All equipment and sub-networks are monitered from ou Synology server with Domotz installed.

Ventajas: Very simple
Scalable, even for not so small businesses
Great and quick support

Desventajas: Limitation for sub-net monitoring (0 in lite plan, 3 in advanced plan, 8 in Premium).

• Publicado el 1/7/2019
David L.
Owner/Security Consultant
  • Publicado el 21/11/2019

"Domotz"

Comentarios: We use Domotz to provide access to all of the networked items such as printers, firewalls, switches, wireless APs, etc. Managed Service Providers typically provide access to desktops and servers. With Domotz we can provide access to all of the devices directly to their GUI interfaces without setting up a VPN.

Ventajas: 1. Ease of use
2. Great support. I have only used email support and have implemented the support recommendations at my own pace. The support suggestions were spot on.
3. Layout is intuitive and designed well

Desventajas: 1. In application support links would be beneficial
2. Updating of device information could happen quicker. i.e. if you rename a wireless access point it retains the old name until the following day
3. The VPN connection does not work consistently. ( I have not had time to work with support on this. Might be a me issue rather than the software issue.)

• Publicado el 21/11/2019
Niclas R.
  • Publicado el 30/7/2019

"Great for monitoring and administrating remote sites"

Comentarios: We monitor lots of small remote branches using domotz Pro. Being always up to date on the internet connection speed, the availability of important services and having the ability to remotely configure devices makes domotz a big plus for us.

Ventajas: domotz Pro is a great solution for monitoring distant networks. The remote agent infrastructure make the deployment and rollout easy. We especially like the ability to integrate PDUs for switching remote devices on and off and the remote connection capabilities (web, rdp, ssh, custom ports). This enables us to do zero touch deployments of devices that have static IP addresses preconfigured in a different subnet and are shipped directly to the customers.

Desventajas: Some license limitations such as a limited amount of shared alerts in the "Advanced" subscription plan should be relaxed. Besides that, most monitoring needs can be realised using custom TCP/SNMP queries.

• Publicado el 30/7/2019
Clayton p. B.
Clayton p. B.
Director of Innovation/R&D
Seguridad e investigaciones, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 16/12/2020

""Domotz - Time Savings and Better Decision Making""

Comentarios: Easy setup with multiple/flexible options. Domotz gives me amazing insight and intelligent reporting that makes my techs 2x smarter and more efficient. No more hunting through static netmaps, or hunting down the root cause, Domotz gives me all the information I need in an instant.
Amazingly affordable for the features and possibilities. I've only been a user for 6-7 months, but I'm finding new use cases for Domotz daily.
While I haven't rolled this out to my whole portfolio of 500 sites yet (12k cameras), the business case is an easy decision to help me manage our ever growing business.

Ventajas: Easy Deployment/Setup
Intelligent Design/UI/UX
Detailed Insights
Easy to Manage
Global view of issues
Network Topology - the greatest thing ever
Amazing support team

Desventajas: If I had to get nitty gritty, the only thing I don't like is that I can't close out of a popup window by clicking outside of it...and that they "X" to close it out isn't in an ideal location. Perhaps I'm still in the honeymoon phase still, but for the price I can't knock Domotz for anything.

• Publicado el 16/12/2020
Shane C.
IT Management Consultant
Tecnología y servicios de la información, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 13/2/2021

"Domotz is part of the team now!"

Comentarios: This has allowed us to deliver a more proactive service to our customers as well as expand our service offering to things that require more visibility to the network. Overall this has been a great choice and I expect we will continue to expand the use of Domotz.

Ventajas: The architecture and licensing are simple – one device per site is all you have to worry about. There are many ways to host the agent, but the Domotz Box is a fantastic way to keep things simple – plug and play. It integrates with our PSA, alerting and documentation platforms, which is fantastic. The ability to see what is on a client’s network, whether we manage it or not, is very helpful. Also being able to access those devices without remote access to a PC on site makes life so much easier. It’s a well thought out and effective solution. Most importantly, the support experience has been fantastic. Although I haven’t needed too much in that regard, the few times I have contacted support resulted in very prompt response and resolution. That’s priceless.

Desventajas: Getting the hardware (Domotz Box) has been a been challenging, but that’s a distribution problem in Canada – I’m sure it’s no problem in the US. Thankfully there are other ways to host the agent. Things are not entirely intuitive at first, but like many things, once you figure out how it’s put together, it makes sense. Some of the integrations are paid, so those costs do add up.

• Publicado el 13/2/2021
  • Publicado el 9/12/2020

"A great remote Network tool for every MSP"

Comentarios: I am completely satisfied with the choice of using Domotz. I am mainly able to whatever I need to monitor my clients’ networks and all the devices connected to them. It definitely enhanced the way our technicians work, and the approach to the networks when dealing with issues. We have decided to use this for all of our clients as a best practice to provide a better service to them.

Ventajas: This platform is super-easy to use: set-up of new sites to be monitored is a as simple as it should be. We can choose whether to use an existing NAS, a Windows or Linux Machie to scan the local network, as well as deploying a very simple hardware provided by Domotz. The service is very reach of functionalities. We do monitor and manage quite complex networks, and Domotz helps us understanding how the network is shaped (Network Topology Map available in Domotz) or exactly which ports of switches are used by which devices. For instance, this helped us when restructuring a network rack for one of our clients. Moreover, we use daily the Remote Connection functionalities, including the VPN on Demand, to access network devices and perform daily or weekly maintenance of them. The integration with Freshservice has been a life-changer: we are notified directly in our Ticketing System when something happens on the networks of our clients. However, we have not explored yet all the possibilities available in Domotz, even because they continue to enrich the offer with a very high pace.

Desventajas: The integration with some documentation system (including Freshservice) should be enriched, so that it will be easier for our technicians to have all the information in one place. I would also like to see more network devices to be supported to backup their configuration, but I know their team is working on it.

• Publicado el 9/12/2020
Dan H.
Consultant
Tecnología y servicios de la información, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 23/12/2019

"An invaluable service for small business"

Comentarios: As stated above, the notifications make life so much simpler. If a service goes down I know immediately and can have it resolved before the panicked phone calls even start. Over the years I've had a couple problems with my Agents and the support staff at Domotz does an outstanding job resolving all issues. 10/10 support.

Ventajas: As an on call tech for a local small business, I couldn't live without the near instant notifications when hosts or services go down or up. The Connect feature allows admins to access services behind a firewall which makes things like on the go router configuration a snap.

Desventajas: It's not at all a dealbreaker, but the UI has room for improvement. The apps and webUI don't remember my group settings and login is overall slow. I also wish they'd support VNC as one of the Connect services.

por Domotz el 2/1/2020

Thanks for your nice words about Domotz. We are always trying to do better, and your recommendations about the UI will be useful for that.

With regard to the VNC support, even though this is not directly integrated within Domotz, users can still use VNC client to remotely connect to a VNC server through Domotz. Please refer to the instruction provided on the Community Forum:

• Publicado el 23/12/2019
Jonathan H.
Program Manager
Hostelería, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 26/4/2020

"Great way to show your internet provider speed issues, and excellent monitoring too"

Comentarios: I have been running Domotz for almost 3 years across a number of networks.... the most beneficial has been across a medium size, distributed wifi network with 33 important devices (wifi access points, switches, routers, VOIP, security cameras, and wifi backhaul) being monitored. With domotz I can quickly identify issues and resolve them fast. The remote access is a bonus for when I am not on site.

Ventajas: The best feature for us has not been the monitoring (which is great) but has been the network speed test that get run. Our only option for internet connection because of our location is a WiFi connection and we are at the limit of what the provider will install. After 2 years of operation we noticed a significant decrease in our internet performance. Rather than having a back and forward discussion with our provider about speeds and local network conditions etc we were able to provide data from domotz showing the speed and exactly when the speed dropped off. From this we were able to get an upgraded connection to match our internet plan

Desventajas: The support team are excellent but you do need to contact them if you are replacing/upgrading hardware... small inconvenience that has only happed twice due to hardware upgrades.

• Publicado el 26/4/2020
Scott W.
Operations Manager
  • Publicado el 29/10/2019

"Great Product"

Comentarios: Great and quick support. The only issue has been with the alert notifications.

Ventajas: Easy to setup. We were using other products that were taking way too long to implement per project. Also, like how easy it is to get to reboot functionality. The software does a lot of intuitive things that make sense. For instance, having the ability to reboot a device over POE. It's not the function of this but implementation. It is automatically configured and setup for you. So if a device is POE and on a switch that is supported by Domotz you can just reboot it. No configuration. They also come out with new features all the time. Building on the platform.

Desventajas: Notifications. They have made progress. But even just the request to group email alerts still hasn't reinstated with the team. Sometimes I can get 50 email alerts on a site at the same time. They have new features that are paid to minimize some of this. But competing products do a much better job of not spamming when you have a widespread issue at a site. A simple combine all email alerts just in a 5-minute window would do a lot for this.

• Publicado el 29/10/2019
Miguel J.
Senior IT
  • Publicado el 11/5/2021

"The right tool for right job"

Comentarios: Easely support and access to customers devices onsite

Ventajas: Easy to deploy and understand, affordable for SMB

Desventajas: If you there is no possibility to install an agent, you need to purchase the Domotz box which is was only available through Amazon in Italy. Also the price has double on this device in the last 6 month.

por Domotz el 19/5/2021

Hi Miguel,
Thanks so much for your review and for being a valued Domotz user. We just wanted to comment on the box pricing. We believe that what happened here is an unauthorized reseller was selling the box at a higher price on Amazon. Our listing was temporarily unavailable due to Brexit in certain European markets and thus unauthorized resellers may have been price gorging during this time. We are sorry about this. We only sell the box at 99 EUR and have never increased the pricing. We are sorry for this experience you faced. You can always visit https://www.domotz.com/domotz-box.php for the information on purchasing the box and pricing or by reaching out to us on support@domotz.com for more information.
Thanks a lot for your review and we hope to see you soon on Domotz.
The Domotz Team

• Publicado el 11/5/2021
Mike E.
VP - Support/Infrastructure
  • Publicado el 1/10/2020

"Must have MSP Tool"

Comentarios: Domotz is a great tool and a must have tool for MSP. Not only is the software killer, their support is 5 stars!

Ventajas: Domotz is a must have MSP tool. It gives us the ability to not only monitor and configure custom alerts for each of our clients but it allow us to quickly resolve issues right from the application or mobile app. Being able to quickly restart an access point or switch, turn on PoE on a specific port or create a tunnel to remotely access needed resources is super powerful.

Desventajas: Domotz doesn't have the ability to collapse a single client's locations in one heading in the app.

• Publicado el 1/10/2020
Nick K.
  • Publicado el 7/11/2019

"A Digital, Onsite, Support Engineer!"

Comentarios: Domotz has helped us to be more efficient with our maintenance and also assists with ongoing installations.
We fit a Domotz box as soon as we start on a project now, and even use as a temporary tool to provide fault finding diagnostics when taking over a project.

Ventajas: We love the various features Domotz offers. The ability to monitor all of the devices on our smart home systems with ease and received notifications as soon as a issue is found.
Extremely good interface, much more intuitive than other brands we have used before.
Growing list of integration partners.
Simple and effective smart phone app for multiple users.

Desventajas: We have quite a few clients so the costs creep up, but still far cheaper than sending an engineer to site and much quicker in most cases.

• Publicado el 7/11/2019
John B.
John B.
Senior Network Engineer
Petróleo y energía, 201-500 empleados
  • Publicado el 16/4/2019

"There is no better option anywhere near this price point"

Comentarios: Domotz gives us the ability to monitor remote locations without the expense of needing a tech onsite. When considering the price-point of this software, I can install as many agents as I need without worrying about huge bills that will show up later. Something else that needs mentioning, the customer support is absolutely amazing. I have dealt with enterprise level support throughout all areas of the industry and Domotz really does put all those big guys in a corner. The response time and attention to customer's needs could not be better.

Ventajas: The client is extremely easy to setup and light weight. The auto-detection has to be about the fastest on the market. Many times I get an alert for a new device on the network before I even realize it has pulled an IP. No matter which level you subscribe to, you would be hard pressed to match this feature set with anything else on the market, and, even if you could, it would not look as nice nor function as well. This platform just flat-out works, and it works very well. Almost everyday I stumble across a feature that I didn't even know existed.

Desventajas: My only issue, and this may sound ridiculous to many, but, I am somewhat old school; and it often takes me longer than it should to figure out the newer, cleaner software that just did not exist 10 years ago. This is more than likely a personal problem, not an issue with the platform.

• Publicado el 16/4/2019
Nick M.
Electrónica de consumo, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 20/4/2020

"DomotzPro"

Comentarios: Domotz Pro allows us to ensure the highest probability for our installed systems to provide uninterrupted service to our clients. It also allows us to be more cost/time efficient as truck-rolls are only needed if it is determined a part needs replacement. It then also ensures that the relevant part is actually on the truck when it rolls.... We use this platform every day to make our lives and our clients lives less stressful....

Ventajas: The software is easy to use, set-up, and implement. It gives immediate at-a-glance information on whether the site systems that we are maintaining are functioning as intended, or if a problem has arisen. We often know about issues long before the client is aware of them! If an issue is notified then the software tools included allow us to drill down further to either resolve the issue remotely, or determine exactly which parts may need replacement . It has turned our service department from being reactive to proactive, increasing client satisfaction, and adding to the client perception of us as a premium brand company.

Desventajas: That it is so easy to implement and use that our competitors will be able to make use of it too.....!!

• Publicado el 20/4/2020
Tim G.
AV & IT Engineer
  • Publicado el 12/7/2019

"Excellent "now" network monitoring tool"

Comentarios: I use the box in high value private assets where there is no IT support onsite, this allows me to see and access what is going on. I think it is value for what you get, and happily pay a little more if the IT network monitoring would be more comprehensive and collected data more accessible.

Ventajas: It's a simple unit (I only use the "Box" version), that you can in matter of minutes setup and integrate into the network. It collects detailed data and depending on the device has very integrated management features. Their customer support is fast and thorough, bending over backwards where they can.

Desventajas: It's a now product, I like to look at the (recent) history and see if there are trouble patterns, it is hard to extract this from the interface. It also misses (standard, for me) features like network topology. Their "Fingbox" product at this time gives a better monthly report that the pro version. Currently I use another software tool to fullfill these extra features and end up paying double, money that I would pay on Domotz instead!

• Publicado el 12/7/2019
Shawn P.
Associate Consultant
  • Publicado el 13/2/2020

"The best monitoring tool ever."

Comentarios: My satisfaction in the scale out of 10 is 9. I mostly was able to do whatever I need to monitor devices. It definitely enhanced the quality of our monitoring solution approach.

Ventajas: The most value that I found from this software is that I can easily configure and deploy on my personal device (like Raspberry Pi) with multiple options of OS platform. Furthermore, once Domotz was running on my device, most of features that I needed for monitoring were available and easy to use. The UI was concise and straightforward. Customization of monitored device info was practical and effortless. I loved my whole experience with Domotz's features such as alert, report, third-party app integration, price, and so on...

Desventajas: Though Domotzs has a great auto-generated reporting feature, it would have been really helpful for us if the user was able to customize report somehow with some visual graphs.

• Publicado el 13/2/2020
William V.
Program Director for Cyber Crime Technology
Administración educativa, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 4/5/2020

"Works great for our Use"

Comentarios: Great Piece of software - Installed it in an Ubuntu VM on Proxmox and was up and running in less than 20 minutes. Where the schools have all been forced to go online, we needed a way to monitor all of online systems and know immediately if there were any issues. Domotz does that, email, Push Notifications, alerts when system gets overloaded, goes down etc... With the ability to remote into our servers and network equipment from the house - I haven't had to go to the CFCC Campus in 6 weeks or more. Highly recommend!

Ventajas: The ability to remote into any system on our network
Alerts when there are issues
Ability to run in a VM

Desventajas: Can only scan a /24 network
Monthly Fee :)

por Domotz el 22/5/2020

Hi William, thanks for the review and we're glad you're enjoying the Domotz platform!

Also, we wanted to let you know that you can scan more than /24 network with Domotz. You can scan up to a /22 on the main network, and you can add multiple VLANs (L2 / L3) or private subnets (L3 only). Feel free to contact our support team if you want help setting that up or have any other questions regarding the product. (support@domotz.com) Thanks again!

• Publicado el 4/5/2020
Greg S.
  • Publicado el 8/5/2020

"Domotz - Is good!"

Comentarios: Domotz has been an extremely useful tool that we use daily to manage our clients networks and associated devices. Integration with Crestron hardware has been fantastic and gives us a single user interface for remote management, access and alerts.
It has changed the way we offer customer service.

Ventajas: I have been suing Domotz since it began and the features it incorporates just keeps growing.
They do pay attention to requests and work towards implementing them into their roadmaps.

Desventajas: The only thing that really bothered us was the constantly changing plan pricing levels. However that has now been eliminated.

• Publicado el 8/5/2020
Magnolia Technical Trainer
Comercio minorista, 10.000+ empleados
  • Publicado el 15/4/2019

"Changing Landscape of Remote Support"

Comentarios: We are solving many issues every day through the use of Domotz. When we do have an issue with anything within the Domotz environment reaching out to their tech support gets us a resolution very quickly, i would guess around 15-20 mins. They have been a great company to partner with!

Ventajas: Domotz has enabled me to be proactive in supporting clients. The notifications let me know when a device drops from the network. I can then open the remote app from anywhere, and see if it is something i can fix remotely. Typically devices lock up and need a power cycle. Domotz has support for PDUs like the Wattbox, Luxul, and BlueBolt which make fixing a potential issue a snap!

Desventajas: I don't have any issues with the software. the "issue" is once you see what it can do you want more. So constantly asking Domotz if it would be possible to build in XYZ.

• Publicado el 15/4/2019