Sobre Quip

Quip es una nueva forma de colaborar con tu equipo que combina documentos, hojas de cálculo, tareas y chat en una experiencia sin problemas.

Descubre más sobre Quip

Puntos en contra:

It provides extremely limited options within files. If you try to ingest files from other sources it will not hold any formatting options.

Valoraciones de Quip

Evaluación media

Facilidad de uso
Atención al cliente
Funciones
Relación calidad-precio

Probabilidad de recomendación

Quip tiene una valoración global de 4,4 estrellas sobre 5 según las 180 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Has utilizado Quip?

Filtrar opiniones (180)

Charles A.
Charles A.
Owner - Marketing en España
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 2-10 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

All your info access anywhere. Collaborate with your team and those on your external team.

5 el año pasado

Comentarios: I am quite happy with it. The fact that everything is there and it's secure and I'm always adding to it makes it more valuable for me and my team every day. Especially when I can pull up costs or ideas when out and about.

The way it easily works on mobile and on desktop and you get notifications as soon as someone has done something. Ease of linking documents in chats Having everything available in one place so you don't lose things and get others up to speed quickly. Ability to easily lock people out of the use of a document or not.

Puntos en contra:

Sometimes it's hard to find an item if you clearly don't label it in the title. - Access to support is a lot harder since Salesforce bought it over. You now have to log in to Salesforce fill in a form to get the support, before you could message support within Quip.

Yoyo F.
Co-founder en EE. UU.
Marketing y publicidad, 2-10 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Quip is like Google Docs combined with Apple Notes

5 hace 10 meses

Comentarios: A really great notetaking app. I can take notes on my android phone or iPhone and it syncs right to my mac. And it's very easy to keep organized. All the collaboration features are just cherry on top.

Super easy to use like Apple notes. Easy to view at a glance. Unlike Google Docs which things tend to get lost in. Google docs' dashboard is just weird compared to apple notes.

Puntos en contra:

Running on windows the app seems to take a lot of RAM and my computer heats up quickly. Considering it's a notes app, it should be more lightweight.

Jack D.
Content Coordinator en EE. UU.
Museos e instituciones, 51-200 empleados

Great Product!

5 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Works great, seamless, and nice interface.

Puntos en contra:

Sometimes there is a lot on screen at once.

Rebekah H.
Product Manager en EE. UU.
Software informático, 51-200 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Have a solid foundation or don’t use

3 el mes pasado Nuevo

Comentarios: Switching to confluence because it’s just too limited and chaotic for our companies use

I like the straightforward means of creating a document. It makes for a lot of sameness and alignment across different teams. I like the kaban feature

Puntos en contra:

I find myself irritated when trying to change between bulleting and not bulleting. It tends to change my font. I don’t like that I can add bullets in a sheet/cell. Kaban is limited as are all the brainstorming features. Notifications often get lost. Can’t connect engineering tickets to documents in a good way. If your company doesn’t start with a solid and clear foundation in terms of documentation management, you’re screwed

Engineer en EE. UU.
Electrónica de consumo, 10.000+ empleados

Review for Quip

4 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I am enjoying this tool, and Quip has managed to stand out in this heavily competitive field of online collaboration.

Quip UI is really smooth, and feels new! it has a good functionality to provide the revision history for the document, which I think is very useful. When multiple folks are simultaneously editing the same document, the revision history for each line provides a very nice view of who changed what. Additionally, Quip has a chat tool embedded in its UI. I use this often to communicate with other folks who are working on the same project.

Puntos en contra:

I dont have a strong dislike for any of the features, but perhaps one point was it takes significant time for a new guy to get to to speed with the tool and understand all the intricate details. Perhaps the on boarding proceed can be better

Jeffry T.
Jeffry T.
Contributing Writer en Indonesia
Fuente de la reseña

Quip is my one app to create, organize, and collaborate in almost all kinds of documents.

4 hace 4 años

It's very easy to collaborate on a document. You just add people to it. All the changes are logged so you can see all the things that happen to your document. You can also create all kinds of documents on Quip, from the everyday text document and spreadsheet to the specific kanban board and project tracker (with a little help from Live apps).

Puntos en contra:

The app lacks the ability to add tags - which will be very helpful to further organize the documents. It also doesn't hurt to add the font-customization feature so that users can set the look and feel of the working environment to their liking.

Ebin E.
Ebin E.
Founder & CEO en India
Recursos Humanos, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

All in one platform to manage the entire documents and other tools in a single platform

4 hace 3 años

Comentarios: We have increased the productivity of our employees and thus our core goal of high productivity is achieved.

We really like Quip the way it is built as the platform itself acts as a source to maintiain all the tools like docs, chat etc. in this single app itself. Quip is the best way to manage all the different tabs under one window. The major hike is with the single window system where all the needed plugins are added and can be managed. Quip is the one and only platform to simplify the user burden of maintaining multiple apps and multiple windows.

Puntos en contra:

The UI is very hard to understand at the first time and for newcomers.

Ifeoma O.
Ifeoma O.
Developer en Nigeria
1.001-5.000 empleados

Effective text editor.

4 hace 4 años

Quip enable me collaborate on documents in real time with my colleagues.Unlike other document collaboration programs,I am able to chat in real time with my fellow collaborators about the document we are collaborating on.

Puntos en contra:

While I am able to edit documents by myself offline.To collaboratively edit documents,I have to be online and this requires a stable internet connection.

Alessio S.
Alessio S.
Data Center Technician en EE. UU.
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 10.000+ empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Share your work live with your team

5 hace 8 meses

Comentarios: I would recomend it to any company in which the strenght is speed and team working.

If you are in a team and you have a bunch of Excels, PDFs and so on, this is the right software for you. You can have multiple users that can view and modify (you can set up permissions for that) your work while you are working on it. Very easy to use. You can save your files offline too Tried the iOS application , it works like a charm, no bugs at all. Obviously if you have a larger file, it will be difficult to read the entire document in the smartphone

Puntos en contra:

Sometimes the application crashed, but since the saves are frequent you don't lose your current work.

Coordinator en Chequia
Traducción y localización, 1.001-5.000 empleados

Quip

5 hace 2 semanas Nuevo

Document management, collaboration, integration.

Puntos en contra:

Nothing much, some formatting issues. Sharing sometimes doesn't work

Nathan S.
Nathan S.
Digital Marketing Manager en Zambia
Software informático, 11-50 empleados
Fuente: GetApp

Quip's An Alternative to Google Docs and Slack

4 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I tested Quip as part of a team effort to find a collaborative tool that we could incorporate across the board. Over the 6 month period that I tested it, I found that while it was functional for the most part as a lot of things, it failed in key areas that we would need it to work including handling large spreadsheets, edit history and connectivity issues. However the price and slow functionality when it comes to bigger documents/spreadsheets leaves much to be desired and as such, it may not be ideal for anyone but bigger organizations that want to cut off multiple communication channels and document tools. Overall Quip is a good alternative to Slack & Google Apps. However it leaves some things to be desired in the looks and function department.

Quip is a great collaboration tool that is something similar to Slack, Google Docs and Google Sheets all wrapped up into one. My favorite feature is the collaboration tool which allows you to edit documents and discuss them in real time with other users. You can send messages to other users and Quip has a nice way of letting you know whether a user is online or offline. The messages can be sent to individuals and within a group chat setting. When commenting on spreadsheets, you can annotate cell by cell which is something helpful especially if you are reviewing spreadsheets with a lot of information. File management is a charm. You can easily upload shared documents to folders and limit who can see the documents as well as who can edit/view the documents. One gripe about collaboration apps that I have had in the past is the amount of notifications you get if you have multiple people working on documents/projects etc. Quip solves this by giving you the option to prioritize the notifications you want to this. You can also @ specific people which makes communication easier. Similar to Slack, there is an option to notify everyone with an @everyone option to send messages to a whole team. Quip integrates well with Salesforce, so if you are using Salesforce, this is a good option.

Puntos en contra:

If you want to test Quip before deciding, you may not like the requirement for a work email. You need constant internet connectivity to make Quip work, if you find yourself in a place where there is no internet, you may be out of luck to use Quip. While Quip is good for communication, editing and collaborating on big spreadsheets slows the app down and you can find it slows down performance. You are better doing light to medium size documents/spreadsheets. When collaborating documents, versioning and edit history are important. It gets hard to revert to an older copy of a document and it can create some confusion if there are a lot of people looking at the same document.

Software Engineer - Mobile Team en Canadá
Software informático, 1.001-5.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

A fantastic collaboration tool for medium to large sized teams

5 hace 6 meses

Comentarios: Overall my experience has been very positive. Using quip makes the process of writing and sharing documentation a lot more painless and enjoyable. The sleek and responsive UI garners a much better feeling when using the product over others such as the Google suite. It's also fairly functional and I didn't feel like it was lacking any features that I needed.

The ability to easily create and share different types of files such as documents, presentations, spreadsheets etc. and then collaborate on them with the team. The UI feels incredibly smooth and responsive and just feels pleasant to use. The preset formatting options makes life a lot easier when writing up larger documents as it makes documentation pleasant to look at. Able to export documents into their appropriate formats for local download if necessary. Finally, the fact that quip maintains a record of all changes, allowing you to go back to previous states is tremendously useful in case of mistakes etc.

Puntos en contra:

It would be nice if in addition to having preset formatting options, we had control over being able to completely customize formatting. Better control over editing photos that have been pasted into a document in quip would also be better. Currently, you cannot completely control the size or position. It would be better if I could place an image whereever I wanted and size it however I liked instead of in its current state where I can only place it in specific quadrants in the content body.

Tracy D.
Marketing Manager en EE. UU.
Construcción, 501-1.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Easy to use, great for collaborating, aimed at younger professionals

4 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Collaboration, simple cloud-based tool, integration with Salesforce

It's super easy to start using and is great for shared documents where you need to have multiple people providing input and updates. I like that two people can be simultaneously working on a document without a problem.

Puntos en contra:

My annoyances with this software stem from the features - what is there and what is not there. One of my biggest gripes is that Quip believes it is "distracting and not necessary" (their words) to have the option of changing the color of the text. I disagree. As a business professional for the past 25 years, I can tell you there are instances where you need to color code text. I recently had a huge, very collaborative project that I wanted to base out of Quip and THE ONLY REASON I couldn't use Quip was because it had to be color coded and Quip doesn't do that. I've tried appealing to them but so far, no luck. Yet, one apparently "necessary" feature is that you can add an emoji or animated meme to your comments within a document. Really? And that is more important for business communications? I'm guessing this software is being created by a bunch of millennials. I don't begrudge millenials or the "fun" elements that are included, but give me the useful business functionality we have all become accustomed to over the past couple of decades if you truly want to compete for our word processing and spreadsheet needs.

Nikhita K.
Nikhita K.
Production Engineer en EE. UU.
Internet, 5.001-10.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

An amazing platform to track your ideas

5 hace 3 años

Comentarios: We use quip to track our updates, design documents etc and it has proven to be a really powerful platform for the same.

1. I love quip as its the only good version controlled platform for taking notes that I have found in my industry experience of over 5 years. 2. Its easy to create public/private versions. I could easily create documents that are public (i.e. outside the firm) and private to me. 3. It is so easy to mark your favorite folders and share it across teams. 4. Its fast. I have found Google Docs to be a bit slower than quip. 5. You could easily import the content into a wiki or a word document with all the formatting intact. 6. You can create an excel sheet (or multiple sheets) in quip itself. 7. Onboarding and gettting used to the platform is really easy.

Puntos en contra:

1. It behaves odd when creating tables and adding pictures (like indentation sometimes screws up). 2. If you are looking for a platform to create animated documents, quip might not be your friend. It supports basic data representation objects like tables, pictures, worksheets but if you want audio etc, you want to goto powerpoint.

Lisa B.
CEO en México
Marketing y publicidad, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Best docu-sharing tool for a team

4 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I would highly recommend Quip to any team needing to collaborate on a lot of documents. It keeps us extremely organized, we love the workflow features, and communication tools. We have tried using Google Drive in the past and have STRUGGLED with the shotty navigation and lack of tagging/communication options. Quip is exponentially better than any other docu-sharing tool we've used!

Simple user interface and easy to onboard my employees. Quip keeps us very organized and is great for tagging each other in comments and collaborating in single documents. They have a number of workflow features that we've used several times to help manage project timelines, etc. I also love that I can share links to documents so clients can pop in and review without having to be added as a full user. We've reached out to customer support several times, especially during the onboarding process, and they have always been extremely helpful.

Puntos en contra:

Notifications are a little overwhelming and difficult to manage. Very rarely we've had issues with pages not updating or saving, especially when there is a lot of text that has been copy/pasted.

Software Engineer en RU
Software informático, 5.001-10.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Covers your needs for software development

5 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I like working with Quip, because of the fuss-free UI, it's just a simple slate where you can integrate tasks, spreadsheets, code snippets and many more. You can add comments and have version control. You can have all these capabilities separately from different products, but Quip is special in the sense that you can find all these capabilities in a single product which streamlines your work and saves you time.

What I like most about this is the code block formatting. I tried different extensions with other similar tools, but the result was never as good as Quip. Quip provides formatting, indenting, etc for multiple languages. If you want to share a code snippet, that's really nice and I haven't seen another product come close. You also have to-do tasks, can set the task owners and the deadlines, which is great for collaboration. You can add spreadsheets for metrics. Another feature I find useful is the access settings. Only the people / group you specify can view the file.

Puntos en contra:

I think Quip has a lot of room to grow in terms of spreadsheet functionalities. It is enough for me for standard operations, but I'm guessing people who work with Excel / Google Sheets on a daily basis would find it hard to migrate to Quip completely.

Programmer en Canadá
Recursos Humanos, 201-500 empleados

Good Wiki Alternative

4 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I really like Quip. Having used Confluence and various Wikis, I think this is about as good as it gets. There's room for improvement for sure, but 90% of the time it does what I want and I'm able to communicate what I want to colleagues.

- Good for documentation - It creates links to any part of the document for easy referencing - The WYSIWYG editor works pretty well - The keyboard shortcuts are good - Embedded spreadsheets are neat (though I don't find I use them that often) - Comment functionality really neat, including the ability to "resolve" comments. - Edit History works well

Puntos en contra:

- I really hate how embedded images work. It's bordering on impossible to make it look how you want and you'll have to compromise on it looking sort of crappy - The search could use some help - The auto numbered or unordered list stuff is annoying as hell and takes some finagling to get around. If you have a "1." then an image, if you type "2." it'll change it into "1." because it thinks you're starting a new numbered list because of the image. Really annoying. - When I look at the Recently Updated list and click "Mark All As Read" why don't all of them become unread? This annoys me more than it should, but why don't they all get makred Read?!

Neeraj H.
Neeraj H.
Data Analytics Professional en India
Consultoría de gestión, 51-200 empleados

Powerful collaboration tool

5 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Productivity, Collaboration, Central repository.

I use quip mainly to organize my work and collaborate with my team members in documenting feature requirements. Product feature requirements are dynamic - in that, they change often. The ability to have one central location from where all of us can access it makes this a huge time saver for all. It also prevents unnecessary emails as users can chat / comment directly on quip. It also has the ability to create private folders which I use to store work in progress ideas and the ability to restrict access to some files / folders to specific people.

Puntos en contra:

Quip requires the internet and often I forget that I have to be connected to save changes. Although it has the ability to add spreadsheets, I don't use it much. Also, have noticed when I copy paste code into code-blocks, the pasted content does not fit within the default page-width, but creates a horizontal scroll-bar within the code-block. It's a bit of an irritant to correct that every time.

Investigator II en EE. UU.
Productos farmacéuticos, 5.001-10.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Quip - a super nice collaboration tool

5 hace 4 años

Comentarios: To be simple, we really like this easy to use collaboration tool.

So easy to collaboration with colleagues, and for family. Get everything together rather than individual files everywhere. "Word", "Excel", "Powerpoint" lite versions, so easy to use, whatever you want. With google account integration. No hassle for account management. You certainly don't expect it to be super powerful, but it is good enough for our purpose.

Puntos en contra:

Logic of files arrangement a bit confusing. If you are coming from traditional file system. You may need sometime to get used to it. Moving files around is not that easy, especially if you want to manage multiple files at the same time. It used to be annoying that recent editing panel shows up every time you open the application. Recent updates fix this problem.

Director Of Operations en EE. UU.
Propiedad inmobiliaria, 51-200 empleados

Quip combines MS Office or G-Suite into one app

4 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Quip was fine, but it is redundant to both MS Office and/or G-Suite and there is no need for all of these. It was fine, but the ability to have different doc types was alright, but not that needed.

Quip allowed an easy format to combine multiple document types into one document. It was also great to document sharing across multiple parties and the related and needed tracking or changes, comments, notes, etc.

Puntos en contra:

The storage / saving and file structure was odd, and the ability to create secure directories vs sharing with everyone was not always clear. Also, the embedded spreadsheets in word docs was ok - but not great. The generalization did not have the same capability as each dedicated system.

Jana K.
Intern en Chequia
Comercio minorista, 10.000+ empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Quip as a great collaboration and organizing tool

5 el año pasado

Comentarios: I enjoy working with Quip as it is very easy to use and it has a lot of features and tools not only for time management, project planning it is also very helpful for online collaboration.

Quip is very easy to use and navigate within the software. Basically, it offers you a never-ending list for your notes (very similar to OneNote for example). You can style these notes with basic formatting similar to MS Word: underline and strikethrough words, make them bold, or change them into italics. You can also choose the size of the words but this is a bit limited. The best thing about Quip is the collaboration in real-time so you and all your coworkers can be always on the same page and they can edit the list by themselves at the same time. Another nice feature of this tool is that you can mention people in the document and assign them to some action. Also, you can set up reminders for the actions and you will receive a reminder on your email (usually one day beforehand). Besides writing pure text, you can create sheets similar to MS Excel and formate the cells as needed. You can also insert a calendar, a todo-list, and other features.

Puntos en contra:

The text you are writing is always centered way too much on the page meaning there will be a lot of unused space around your text.

Michael H.
Head Coach en EE. UU.
Administración educativa, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Quit passing email and documents around!

5 hace 6 años

Comentarios: I have a small staff who needs to work together at various times, and usually not in person. We've tried a handful of options (dreaded e-mail chains, Google drive, slack, OneNote, Trello), with varying degrees of success. But when you get right down to it, the majority of our conversations where revolving around documents. With Quip, that is exactly how this is designed. It is a live document centered experience with the ability to comment, discuss, and update to drive to agreed upon results. Other packages we would lose our chain of conversation, or a struggle to find the agenda, spreadsheet, plan. Here, these two elements tie together in one spot. End result for me? Instead of feeling like I was beating on people to keep moving, and often their secretary to help them find what I was talking about, now we work together with faster results and a whole lot less fuss and muss.

VERY intuitive interface. My staff is resistant to change, and they picked up on this software immediately. Looks good on the web, great on my desktop, and awesome on my phone! Customer support is astounding. Hit the chat window and someone is there immediately.

Puntos en contra:

Very minor detail here - more of a feature enhancement request. It would be great to tie in some sort of task management, e.g. something with due dates that alert you.

Joby I.
CEO en RU

Great way to collaborate

5 hace 4 años

Very easy document creation that live updates to all users as you create them. No more messing around uploading and downloading documents. Documents have lots of options like spreadsheets tables charts, images and other apps that can be inserted into any doc. You can also manage folders and share them with specific groups of people, so you might have a folder for employees which has all your procedures on it and a separate knowledge base for customers. For free its hard to find a better product

Puntos en contra:

I would like to see the ability to copy documents between different quip accounts. I'd also like to see direct connections to excel of numbers, to give some more power to some of the features

Tutor en EE. UU.
Aprendizaje en línea, 11-50 empleados

Good for smaller groups.

5 hace 3 años

I love how Quip allows you to create both shared and private documents. The language feature is really great (i.e. it is completely functional in Spanish). The folder system is really helpful and is easy to be organized, even with different groups. You can comment on the documents, tag people, and even comment on photos. All changes are tracked.

Puntos en contra:

Once we got to be a much bigger group, it became less functional because you cannot directly access Google Suite with it. We needed to expand more, and Quip didn't allow for that.

Ciedelle E.
IT Support Associate II en EE. UU.
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 10.000+ empleados
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Equipped with Quip!

5 hace 2 años

Comentarios: We use quip to share files among members and teams in our organization and I love how we could easily update and access them from anywhere especially on the mobile as well, it makes collaboration way too easy.

The design and layout is superb, I specifically love how you can folders visually and it is attractive. Being able to color code them makes organizing files and projects shared across teams more effective.

Puntos en contra:

Not all file types are supported like scripts, I would have to just upload it as a textfile with the scripts if I wanted it on quip.