Filtrar por:

Media de valoraciones

• General
  • Atención al cliente

Sobre Duo Security

La plataforma de acceso fiable sin fricción de Duo Security protege a los usuarios, los datos y las aplicaciones de piratas informáticos malintencionados y violaciones de datos.

Descubre más sobre Duo Security

Mostrando 297 opiniones

Gayan N.
Gayan N.
Technical Lead
Software informático, 10.000+ empleados
  • Publicado el 22/6/2021

"Hassle free two-factor authenticator"

Ventajas: Regardless of the technology or platform which are targeting to integrate the multi-factor authentication Duo Security provides the flexibility to integrate with the largely used identity platforms/providers. The use of the app is very easy and convenient with the enablement of biometric authentication. For the authorization process, it takes just one click. The app is that user-friendly. Not like other application available Duo is really easy to use and integrate.

Desventajas: Nothing that I can think of that I like least.

• Publicado el 22/6/2021
Samantha R.
Firm Administrator
Contabilidad, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 25/2/2021

"Works Well"

Comentarios: Duo security works perfectly to add additional security to our login process.

Ventajas: I like the simplicity of the multifactor authentication process. It was easy to deploy on our phones and works perfectly each day.

Desventajas: I do not have any cons to list. This product functions as it should and does the job. Compared to the product that we switched from though, I do feel that DUO provides less security.

• Publicado el 25/2/2021
Juliette R.
Student
Administración educativa, 10.000+ empleados
  • Publicado el 12/8/2021

"Review from Student"

Comentarios: Good experience overall, and it is not a hassle to use Duo. I have heard very few complaints from other students and colleagues at my university.

Ventajas: Duo makes it very easy for me to log-on to my student account at my university. I like how it is intuitive to use on iPhone especially, and it gives me the option to call or text my phone. I rarely use the "call" feature, however, because I am always using wifi. The Duo Security app pops up immediately, and I am able to approve the request quickly from my phone. I feel very secure with this software, especially since the pin changes every few seconds.

Desventajas: I don't always have my phone with me, which makes it impossible to log in. I wish there was a feature where I could receive an email instead of a call or a text on Duo. I have not seen this feature at all, but it would make my life easier.

• Publicado el 12/8/2021
Krishna D.
CTO and Security Officer
Productos farmacéuticos, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 10/3/2020

"Beware! Customer service has been non-existent following Cisco acquisition"

Ventajas: We have used Duo for many years. It was easy to implement and has always worked well.

Desventajas: Last year we negotiated bulk pricing and paid in advance for a 14-month term. Later we discovered that they had never provisioned our licenses and were still billing our credit card. Now, four months later, after numerous phone calls and more than a dozen emails, they have still not provisioned the licenses we paid for. They have acknowledged that this is their mistake and they need to fix it, but they seem incapable of doing so. I get the sense that their organization is completely dysfunctional following the Cisco acquisition. Given that they cannot solve the challenge of "how does a customer purchase your software?", I am worried what might happen if you came to them with anything more difficult.

• Publicado el 10/3/2020
Customer Success Manager
Telecomunicaciones, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 25/5/2021

"Excellent platform with multi-factor authentication and zero-trust"

Comentarios: The experience with DUO is very good, we have applied it to access sensitive company information, thus preserving the integrity of the business, preventing that information from leaking or being accessed by people who do not correspond.

Ventajas: The best thing about DUO is the possibility it gives you to define different access policies depending on the users, devices, where it is located and other contextual factors. It is really very granular the way it can be applied.

Desventajas: It is very important to define well the policy that you want to use at the Managerial level, because this will define the time necessary for the first load of user information in DUO to later be used as a double authentication factor; which can be very tedious and unfriendly.

• Publicado el 25/5/2021
Hannah D.
Hannah D.
Research Assistant
Administración gubernamental, 11-50 empleados

"Versatile and Secure"

Comentarios: I feel much more secure with many of my accounts. It provides as overall sense of ease and security.

Ventajas: Duo security has an easy to use app that can serve as a two-factor identification hub for many types of accounts. I find it especially useful for protecting email and bank accounts. The push notifications are convenient for managing login in attempts and ensuring accounts are not compromised.

Desventajas: Sometimes the notifications are not immediate, and the login in attempt can time out. The software doesn't function well if network connection is poor.

Michael F.
Michael F.
Organizational Change Consultant
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 10.000+ empleados
  • Publicado el 7/7/2021

"Easy access to protected tools"

Comentarios: I have enjoyed using Duo to access documents ad join the company VPN

Ventajas: Duo instantly sends a push to my phone and is easy to quick through. I set it up in just a few minutes more than a year ago and have not had to make changes since

Desventajas: Occasionally there is a delay between sending the push and it getting to my phone. When this occurs I will send a second one and do not have a problem

• Publicado el 7/7/2021
Biomedical Graduate Student
Dispositivos médicos, 51-200 empleados

"Two-Factor Excellence"

Comentarios: Duo Security has allowed to me improve my cyber security presences in a world that is ever more dangerous for the everyday computer user.

Ventajas: Duo Security software is very effective at sending two-factor authentication pushes to my cell phone and allowing me to avoid cumbersome text message codes to enter into logins.

Desventajas: The one down side of Duo Security software is that if you cell phone runs out of battery or if your cell phone encounters technical problems than you will have quite the problem logging onto your desired platform.

Blessen sam M.
Blessen sam M.
Technical support
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 10.000+ empleados
  • Publicado el 14/6/2021

"Essential security especially for WFH"

Comentarios: Excellent security app that gives us peace of mind that all our data is super secure.

Ventajas: Duo helps us to login securely from anywhere to our work system. With the mobile app and tfa it's very secure and easy to use.

Desventajas: I personally as a user did not face any issues with it. I set it up once and never had to redo anything. Its one of that apps which does it's job well.

• Publicado el 14/6/2021
Felicia T.
Felicia T.
Instructor
Administración educativa, 1001-5000 empleados
  • Publicado el 31/7/2021

"Duo Security Daily User Experience"

Comentarios: I use this on a daily basis and find it to be an easy and secure way to keep my identity and access safe while signing into a secure server on a daily basis.

Ventajas: I have found that this software is easy to use and implement on a variety of devices. While using it, I feel a sense of security and safety in regards to my data and identity being protected.

Desventajas: There are times when there is a delay in the sign in process and it quickly disappears, so you have to log in quickly to authenticate.

• Publicado el 31/7/2021
Barry V.
Ops Mgr
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 10/12/2019

"Duo Security - Easiest DFA hands down"

Comentarios: We love Duo Security. The implementation on our remote servers and web servers gives us piece of mind knowing that our important infrastructure is secured with DFA/2FA (Dual or two factor authentication). It's very easy to setup DFA on a remote server which is good too.

Ventajas: I like the integration with mobile and smart watches. I use Duo on a daily basis to login in to servers and online services. What I love the most is that as long as I'm wearing my smart watch I can approve logins directly from it. No passwords, no pins, biometrics needed. The authentication push is instantaneous which keeps the login on the target device/service from timing out.

Desventajas: What I like least is the quality of the hardware tokens. They don't seem to last very long (less than 1 year) and have to resync'd once or twice annually. For me this is no longer an issue because I authenticate using mobile or smart watch pushes. It would be nice to know that if my watch or phone were to die that the token is always reliable.

Alternativas consideradas: RSA SecurID

Student
Educación superior, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 24/9/2019

"Great Security Software"

Comentarios: Overall I have found Duo to be a great method for securing my data and private accounts. It has allowed me to make sure that sensitive information stays safe and away from prying eyes. It also gives me a sense of security financially, as some of my accounts secured by Duo are linked to payment portals.

Ventajas: Duo is a great way to ensure that your electronic information and accounts are secure. I have used it as a student and I have found that it is reliable and provides peace of mind. It provides a dual authentication process so that no one can access my accounts but me. I like that any attempt to login to an account sends a notification instantly to my personal cell phone, allowing me to approve or deny access.

Desventajas: I have experienced a few technical bugs with the software in my time using it, though they are relatively infrequent. There are times when Duo will push a login approval to my phone and then fail to allow me to log in to my profile even though I have accepted the push. It can also be confusing trying to figure out how to change settings with Duo. For example, if you have set the software to preferentially send an automatic push upon requesting login, it can be difficult to change that setting. There could be a little more clear direction regarding that process from Duo.

• Publicado el 24/9/2019
John B.
Senior Program Manager
Software informático, 1001-5000 empleados
  • Publicado el 30/9/2019

"Two-factor authentication that just works!"

Comentarios: Our organization has been using Duo Security two-factor authentication for years. The entire solution is incredibly reliable. The mobile app works great and is very easy to use. End-users can quickly and easily enroll their own devices via a self-service portal. This is very convenient whenever you get a new phone. Approval notifications can also be sent via phone, text or push. Push notifications are also supported on the Apple Watch. Although it's rarely needed, online support documentation is very robust. The best thing about Duo Security is...it just works, every time.

Ventajas: - User-friendly self-service portal for new device enrollment and management
- New account setup is easily done via scanning a QR code
- Multiple options for approval codes or notifications including phone, text or push (includes Apple Watch)
- Push notifications can be approved directly from the iOS lock screen
- Approval is also compatible with Face ID on iOS devices
- One-time bypass codes can be used for lost devices or temporary access
- Support for Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) security tokens
- Great online support and documentation library
- Flexible subscription plans with affordable pricing

Desventajas: When using an outdated version of the app, iOS push notifications just stop working without any error message or notification

• Publicado el 30/9/2019
Carlos S.
Carlos S.
Sales Support Analyst
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 21/9/2019

"Amazing Two-Factor Authenticator"

Comentarios: Great experience, user friendly and having this installed as an app on your Smartphone and not a physical key is amazing!

Ventajas: You get push notifications instantly, and you don't even need to get into the app, it can display a notification in your notifications bar (Android User) and you can approve/deny from there. Also, if by mistake you deny the login attempt, it gives you a "second chance" to get into the app itself and approve it.

Desventajas: Nothing to complain about this as of now, I was an RSA SecurID user and having to carry that small key was a nightmare. One thing I'd like is to get Duo Security for Windows, I work remotely and I could have that installed on my home's PC. What if I get my phone stolen and unable to buy a new one???

• Publicado el 21/9/2019
Mirza R.
Research Assistant
Ingeniería industrial o mecánica, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 6/10/2020

"Duo is the best & free two factor authentication you could use"

Comentarios: Very easy to use and integrate into daily life. Makes me have peace of mind that no one can hack into any of my accounts. Even if they try to login, I can simply deny their login request. I have been using this for almost two years now, never encountered a problem.

Ventajas: The ease of use is the best feature. It is simple to operate and makes logins more secure. You can easily link your google account or your bank account from the link option available. To login you can choose to receive a call, or a push notification (phone internet connectivity required) or enter a passcode (provided by the duo app). You also have the option to remember your device for a maximum of 60 days. You can still login if you don't have internet connectivity on you phone by using the "enter passcode option" or simply receiving a conformation call to you phone. And that is pretty much all you need!

Desventajas: There is nothing to dislike about this software. Although, I would like to point out that you have to be careful of not giving your phone to anyone. Just don't lose your phone.

• Publicado el 6/10/2020
Stephen G.
Stephen G.
Security Engineer
Software informático, 501-1000 empleados
  • Publicado el 27/9/2020

"Security to fill a gap, but not comprehensive offering"

Comentarios: Duo Security is a strong SaaS product to fill the very specific infrastructure gap of 2-factor authentication for infrastructure.

Ventajas: Duo Security is a great product to fill a very specific gap in infrastructure security, specifically for SSH management. For requirements for 2-factor authentication for SSH, Duo is quick to implement

Desventajas: Duo is difficult to enroll users with, which creates a significantly higher administrative overhead than other options. There are also significantly more delays in the Duo pushed-based notification systems (depending on the user and their network, etc.), which can cause issues for users authenticating.

Alternativas consideradas: Google Workspace

Razones para cambiar a Duo Security: G Suite SAML login was more difficult to implement in very specific situations than simply purchasing Duo. In the future, the goal is to move to a more BeyondCorp style model where each specific application can use SAML and not rely on Duo

• Publicado el 27/9/2020
Cory C.
Associate Attorney
Práctica de la abogacía, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 22/9/2020

"Easy to Use and Effective"

Comentarios: I am able to log in remotely and do my work from home, which has been very important with the pandemic.

Ventajas: It is very easy to go to the app and generate a code on my device that I can then type into my login screen for my work laptop. Within seconds, I'm able to securely log into my system and be connected remotely. It is much more user-friendly and hassle-free than the last software we used for it.

Desventajas: I don't have anything specifically bad to say about this software . It does what I need it to do and it hasn't caused any issues.

• Publicado el 22/9/2020
Alec P.
Alec P.
Analog Design Engineer
Semiconductores, 10.000+ empleados
  • Publicado el 29/4/2021

"Duo is a standard and effective tool for secure access"

Comentarios: Duo security is my main program for two factor authentication, and I will continue to use it for this! I like how simple and easy to use it is, and I am thankful that I can trust this program to help secure my accounts.

Ventajas: I like how simple and straightforward Duo is as a tool -- when I need to connect to a program requiring two factor authentication, I can simply attempt the login and Duo prompts me via my phone, which I can then authorize. I like how simple and straightforward this tool is, and I am grateful that it helps me secure access to my private accounts.

Desventajas: What I like least about Duo is how limited the features are of this tool. Sometimes I need to connect to an account using Duo but don't have internet on my phone, and I wish Duo provided alternatives for authentication via computer or phone, but this program lacks these features.

• Publicado el 29/4/2021
Audit Senior
Contabilidad, 1001-5000 empleados
  • Publicado el 27/11/2018

"Best Two Factor Identification App"

Ventajas: I have used Duo for Two Factor Identification Security at two different employers so far in my career. It is such an easy to use, efficient and effective application. It eliminates the need to keep track of external network keys, passwords, and other redundant programs. I feel safe and secure with Duo Two Factor Identification because it requires both my phone and fingerprint in order to gain access to protected software.

Desventajas: Earlier this year I had to replace my iPhone and after I restored my new device from backup my Duo Two Vactor Identification was no longer linked. To my surprise, It took several hours to restore and reset my security settings at work the next morning. Although the Duo reset was quite inconvenient for me that day, restoring software is both an infrequent and uncommon occurrence for me.

• Publicado el 27/11/2018
Graduate Research Assistant
Educación superior, 10.000+ empleados
  • Publicado el 15/4/2020

"Increase the security of your accounts"

Comentarios: I like to app and I recommend it to anyone who wants to increase the security of the accounts.

Ventajas: It has been three years that I'm using Duo. This is the app that my university has decided to use to increase the security of accounts of faculties and students. I feel secure when I use the app. You can use several options for second authorization. it can send a push message to your mobile, you can enter a passcode, which is great. In addition, it does not take too much time to confirm the authorization.

Desventajas: I think it is a nice app. But I think if it had some other options to log in, that would be great. I myself prefer receiving a passcode in my email rather than using my cell phone all the time. All in all, I think if they work on the app and improve some sections, it would get better and better.

• Publicado el 15/4/2020
Cleydson L.
Professor
Educación superior, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 19/3/2021

"Works well the best I've ever downloaded"

Comentarios: Duo is a product that gives me peace of mind, I am sure because I know that I am the only one who can access my personal data through login or websites.

Ventajas: In fact, Duo Security, give me a lot of security to work the only one who can access my base without restrictions and without any kind of problems, and a wonderful product, I like using it more, very good to know that I can count on you this software for any type of safe and effective work.

Desventajas: It could be more practical, I didn't need to confirm every time you enter a Sait, so it gets a little tiring and a little difficult for those who are beginners. The Duo could improve in the following way, not asking for a reminder every time you log in to your device. "Remember" a device, so that personal work is not so exhausting

• Publicado el 19/3/2021
Scott C.
Rep Communications Manager
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 1001-5000 empleados
  • Publicado el 5/5/2020

"An added layer of security when working remotely"

Comentarios: Duo Security offers us the ability to work away from the office with minimal fear of having sensitive material exposed to unauthorized users. Working from home is often essential, so I'm glad we have Duo Security to help make it possible.

Ventajas: Duo Security effectively enables users to securely access their organization's network. Once you've signed in on your computer, a push notification is sent to your smartphone. Just click to approve it, and you are securely connected to the network. An unauthorized user would be unable to gain access without having possession of your phone. I appreciate that it's generally a quick, no-hassle process; signing in takes only a few seconds.

Desventajas: Occasionally it takes a couple of attempts to sign in to the network. Additionally, it can be inconvenient to need to have your phone handy whenever you sign in. I've had my phone charging in another room when I realize I have to go get it in order to sign in.

• Publicado el 5/5/2020
Event Logistics Manager
Hostelería, 1001-5000 empleados
  • Publicado el 4/5/2021

"Secure but Time-Sensitive"

Ventajas: I use Duo on a daily basis to login to my company's VPN and again for internal company resources. Once it's setup it's pretty easy to use. I appreciate that it syncs with my phone so I can just click a button on my phone to ensure it is me.

Desventajas: I have to login to Duo twice a day and I usually do it at the same time. If I do them too closely together, one of them will say it timed out and I have to start the process all over. If I close all of my internet windows, I have to re-certify everything again so that can be annoying. Also, I purchased a new cell phone after several months of using Duo. It did not recognize my new phone and kept sending my codes to my old phone. It was a frustrating process to reconfigure everything to log on for work. On top of that, I don't love that I have to use my personal device to log on to my work device. It's another app that takes up space on my personal phone.

• Publicado el 4/5/2021
Anindita S.
Postdoctoral Fellow
Investigación, 10.000+ empleados
  • Publicado el 1/7/2019

"Duo Security is important"

Ventajas: I have been introduced to Duo security the last year. The institute I am affiliated to insists on using the Duo security for access to emails and other sensitive data. Initially, I used to feel it is a little out of the way effort to have a two-factor authentication via Duo Security. But lately, I have it is a rather important safeguard for sensitive data, emails, etc. It adds another level of protection. With technological advancement stealing important information from the internet is a child's play. Using Duo security gives the users benefit of knowing when their emails or secured accounts are accessed (at least it does that for me). Besides, two-factor authentication allows me to restrict suspicious users from logging on.

Desventajas: Don't know but can the Duo also work by pushing login request via email? That would mean I wouldn't need to have my mobile phone next to me 24x7.

• Publicado el 1/7/2019
Daniel J.
Daniel J.
Organic Chemistry PhD Student
Educación superior, 1001-5000 empleados
  • Publicado el 3/3/2020

"It's all about security"

Comentarios: Overall, Duo gives me peace of mind knowing that I am the only one that can access my personal data base from log ins and websites. I like knowing that I can approve or reject any log ins from the commodity of my phone.

Ventajas: Duo is a great option to keep your personal information secured. I like that it requests security validation before logging into websites, and that you have the option to use the app to sign in to any device with a few taps. It is easy to use once everything has been set up correctly.

Desventajas: It can be hard to understand at first, and it might seem a little annoying to have to confirm you are the one logging into your websites every time, but it gets easier if you have the app. Another thing Duo could improve on is the fact that it only lets you "remember" one device at a time. Sometimes I need to log in from my work laptop or my personal laptop and it becomes tedious to remember which device I have registered.

• Publicado el 3/3/2020