15 años ayudando a las empresas españolas
a elegir el mejor software

Opiniones de Deltek Costpoint

Sobre Deltek Costpoint

Soluciones de contabilidad de proyectos, gestión laboral, fabricación e inteligencia comercial líderes en el sector.

Descubre más sobre Deltek Costpoint

Customer support and responsiveness, ease of use.

Puntos en contra:

It take a lot of time to correct certain errors that you may make.

Valoraciones de Deltek Costpoint

3,9
Relación calidad-precio
3,8

Probabilidad de recomendación

Deltek Costpoint tiene una valoración global de 4,0 estrellas sobre 5 según las 208 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Has utilizado Deltek Costpoint?

Filtrar opiniones (208)

Fuerzas armadas, 5.001-10.000 empleados
Fuente de la opinión

Easy-to-use program for tracking hours worked.

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I used this program daily to track my hours worked for each pay period. It was pretty easy to use and did not take much time out of my day.

This program was very simple to use to track your hours worked. It was efficient, easy, and did not take much time to learn or to use it daily.

Puntos en contra:

I cannot think of anything specific that I disliked about this program.

Phil
SQL DBA \ ERP Administrator en EE. UU.
Petróleo y energía, 1.001-5.000 empleados

Deltek Costpoint 8.1

4,0 hace 11 meses

Comentarios: Deltek Costpoint is our corporate Enterprise Resource Planning system, as well as our primary Business Intelligence tool for Accounting, Financial, and Project Status reporting. There are also flexible options for implementing security, both at the user level as well as the user group level.

Extensive number of fields available for entering data, highly normalized database structure, Project-based accounting, ability to customize product using built-in Extensibility. Costpoint can be integrated with other products by using the built-in Web Services tool, as well as a number of data pre-processors.

Puntos en contra:

Some aspects of product are not intuitive. Some processes can take considerable time to complete. Recent version upgrades have been buggy, sometimes containing new bugs that were not present in previous versions. It can take considerable time for bug fixes to be released.

Katie
Deputy Manager en EE. UU.
Aviación y aeroespacial, 201-500 empleados
Fuente de la opinión

Deltek Costpoint-very user friendly!

5,0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: We are happy with Costpoint after using it for various years.

Our team loves how user friendly it is and that it's easy to navigate. I started working at my company in 2019 and have been using it ever since. I also know there are so many other modules I have the ability to learn how to use.

Puntos en contra:

The search features can be a little tricky at times and there can be a slight learning curve if a user isn't familiar.

james
purchaser en EE. UU.
Aviación y aeroespacial, 501-1.000 empleados

COSTPOINT IS LAZY AND STUPID

1,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: There is not a day that goes by that I am not pissed off at this software. It's 10:00 A.M and I have stopped working to come here and post about how awful cospoint is. Example: While creating a Purchase order costpoint tells me there are 10 PR's total for the PO. I continue to the PO and start pluggin in the information and realize there are only 9. What hapenened? Did I do something wrong? So I go back to create the PO and run it again and it says that 1 is processed. No problem right? sure, but this kind of thing happens all the time. Why would software only do part of a task? why does it get lazy and decide it doesn't want to do it. This happens all the time and it isn't always so simple. This can cause huge problems on a larger PO. Another example I am going through right now is when costpoint is assigning PO's it will do it with multiple people so someone cannot use it. They won't know until later when they open the PO that it was assigned to someone else and have to back out everything they did and start over. I have to back out 30 PR's right now but wanted to say how absolutely awful this software is. If you are working you need to save after each thing you do or every couple things. yyou can't just work through something and hit save at the end because you will confuse cospoint and it will generate an error. then you have to refresh the screen thus losing all data input and start over again. you have to realize that cospoint is lazy and stupid and you have to work with it slowly to avoid doing things twice. This is the worst software I have worked with for inventory and everyone I work with will agree across all departments. It is like an ongoing joke. I left working for my current employer and then returned a few years later and when I returned I realized I had forgotten what a piece of crap costpoint was and should have held out for more pay due to having to deal with it again. It will put you in a situation where you will look like you made a mistake countless times. It will create more work for you over and over again.

There really isn't much that I like about costpoint except that it is an online database that can be accessed from the internet instead of being hosted on a server at the company. however this also limits it as well so I remain neutral on anything positive. Over several years of working with it my hatred of the software has grown to the point of me not seeing any thing really that good about it. It completes tasks sometimes.... which is unacceptable. it should complete them all the time.

Puntos en contra:

You cannot work fast and have to save often because the program will get confused if you do too much at one time. It creates extra workload due to the time it takes to undo the problems that it created. program seems to be lazy and does tasks intermittently. When you click the save button it is like a gamble as to whether or not it will carry out the task. it will assign key tracking numbers to multiple people at the same time without the users knowing and they will have to back out all their data.

Hosan
Senior Accountant en EE. UU.
Administración gubernamental, 201-500 empleados

Reliable and consistent

5,0 hace 4 meses

Comentarios: I started using Deltek costpoint since 2019 and I use it daily. Most of the features on Deltek is intuitive and easy to use. When transferring data from Deltek to Excel, it is easy to transfer.

Customer service. Especially zoom meeting to resolve issues. Transferring information from the software to excel in an easy manner.

Puntos en contra:

Frequent update regarding software upgrade.

Jamie
Director of Business Systems en EE. UU.
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 51-200 empleados

Alternativas consideradas previamente:

Cumbersome

4,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Overall, I wish the system retained it's functionality with an easier to use interface. The reporting in the Costpoint system should be more customizable without having to be a report writer and be forced to use the business intelligence module to build reports from the ground up.

The system can do almost anything you want it to in terms of setup. There are more options and specifications than any one company could ever need or want.

Puntos en contra:

Because the system is so customizable from an admin side, it becomes very cumbersome. A single update needs to be made in multiple screens in order for it to show up everywhere and be accessible to everyone. The User Interface is complicated for everyday users and troubleshooting issues is difficult and time consuming because of all the areas where there could be an issue.

Juliana
Director of Finance en EE. UU.
Aviación y aeroespacial, 51-200 empleados

Costpoint

4,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: This was a lot more time consuming to implement. Other softwares we surveyed before going with CP had a tool that would export our data from quick books into their system. Not sure why CP doesn’t have this feature.

The reporting feature. We really liked the cognos relationship, and the ability to export directly to excel as well as upload from excel.

Puntos en contra:

The revenue to income statement. I have never worked with an accounting system where once I created and posted an invoice, the total revenue for that product on the income statement is different then what was billed. I do not understand why I have to tell my system to recognize or “pick up” my revenue. It’s redundant and causes a lot of headaches.

Tina
Tina
Manufacturing Engineer en EE. UU.
Defensa y espacio, 10.000+ empleados
Fuente de la opinión

Easy-to-use but doesn't work for every situation

4,0 hace 6 años

I use costpoint daily at my job and the software is very easy to navigate. I have no issues searching for BOMs (Bill of Materials) and costpoint interacts relatively seamlessly with the systems that we use for engineering drawings and shop floor instructions.

Puntos en contra:

A lot of the materials in the BOMs seem to be controlled by effectivity dates. This may work well for companies that have interchangeable parts with planned obsolescence dates, but the industry I work in has variable production schedules where it'd be preferable to control materials by engineering drawing effectivity.

Philip
Philip
Travel Reporting & System Administrator en EE. UU.
Defensa y espacio, 10.000+ empleados

Deltek Costpoint

4,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: It gets the job done for my role within the company. It is good for timekeeping tracking as well to split across projects.

It can be used with third party systems to manage expenses and payments.

Puntos en contra:

It does not produce the best reporting of amounts when there are negative entries.

Stuart
Stuart
IT Solutions Architect en Kuwait
Administración gubernamental, 10.000+ empleados

Costpoint Hard to use

4,0 hace 2 años

The best thing of CostPoint was that it was good to generate reports really quickly

Puntos en contra:

A lot of features could easily be improved on the UI/UX side of the house. There is a massive learning curve and the system just is clunky and very hard to use.

Vicki
Vice President en EE. UU.
Fuente de la opinión

Costpoint is an extremely powerful project based accounting system

4,0 hace 7 años

The flexibility it provides. With both private and public clients, we are required to provide invoices to clients in many different formats, and some project setups can be quite complicated. Costpoint allows us the flexibility we need to manage our projects effectively and also meet our client's needs. We also love the extensibility tool introduced with Costpoint 7 that has allowed us to customize the software in order to enforce many of our internal procedures and business rules.

Puntos en contra:

Because of it's flexibility, it can be complicated, which leads to errors. We hear from our new users that systems they worked on previously provided more of a standard workflow that guided them through the project setup process. We realize this is very difficult to do with some many different project setup requirements, and we've tried to accomplish some of this through the extensibility tool.

Sandra
BRM en EE. UU.
Fuerzas armadas, 501-1.000 empleados

Alternativas consideradas previamente:

Costpoint from BRM viewpoint

4,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: Great software overall

Ease to learn and easy to use screen and download data

Puntos en contra:

Incomplete error messages and missing edits.

Harlan
Network Administrator en EE. UU.

7.1.1 Admin disappointed with the constant updates but the end-users like it

4,0 hace 7 años

Our end-users generally have zero complaints with the software. We use it for everything from purchasing and receiving to HR functions.

Puntos en contra:

I'm not a fan of the new update model they have rolled out with 7.1.1. It seems there are constant updates and, unlike previous versions where you only installed the updates you needed to fix a particular issue, they now expect ALL updates to be installed. I realize they are trying to get away from the need for major revision upgrades by doing this but the load on the IT department is WAY more than it used to be for day-to-day operations.

William
CFO en EE. UU.
Seguridad e investigaciones, 1.001-5.000 empleados

Costpoint - A+ for DCAA compliance, a D for all else

3,0 hace 8 años

Comentarios: Costpoint sets the standard for project accounting and indirect rate application and reporting. But Costpoint has none of the features that users love in other ERP systems, like drill down reports, modifiable reports, paperless processing, budget setup, easy bank reconciliations, etc. Users of Quickbooks, Dynamics and others will miss these features.

Project and indirect rate applicaton accounting & reporting

Puntos en contra:

Much more expensive than comparable solutions. Extremely high lifecycle expense. You will buy this software every year with maintenance. And growing is expensive with employee based fees.

Breanna
HRBP en EE. UU.
Relaciones gubernamentales, 201-500 empleados

Costpoint

3,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Overall, it's not bad if you have proper training. But bringing someone new in to use it, is a difficult task and requires a sit down training. I wish it was more user friendly.

It gets the job done and ensures we are in compliance

Puntos en contra:

It is not intuitive, so you need all the training you can get to know what simple buttons you need to do, to put out results you want.

Aleksey
UX Lead en Canadá
Software informático, 51-200 empleados

Using Deltek is by far the Worst Part of my Day

1,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: If you miss the 90's, Costpoint is the product for you. Inspired by timeless Windows Vista design this is a "glossy buttons and drop-shadows" galore.
Escape your mundane day-to-day activity, and embark on an adventure trying to log your hours.

It's nice to talk to someone out of my department once in a while. Since the product is not usable, I get a lot of help from our accounting.

Puntos en contra:

I can't think of a product more "Frankenstein" than this ... it's a collection of fragmented features. Terrible usability, poor design and implementation including: 1. Tracking hours is overly complex 2. Help is lacking or outdated 3. Interface/workflow design is terrible (full of meaningless popups, lacks instructions, poor labels) 4. Update Password workflow is unnecessarily complex

Jeremy
Director, Financial Systems en EE. UU.
Fuente de la opinión

Great product overall for government contractors.

4,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: Efficiencies with back-office processes.

Heavily integrated. It offers a lot of features suitable for government contractors. Companies that rely heavily on projects and reporting will find the system very suitable for their requirements.

Puntos en contra:

Very complex. The system requires a lot of hands-on interaction to become proficient. The integration is great, but with it comes a steep learning curve.

Luther
BI analyst III en EE. UU.
Relaciones gubernamentales, 5.001-10.000 empleados
Fuente de la opinión

Good tool for analytics. Mostly prebuilt reports help

4,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: I am in the bi team and reporting is easy. I was forecasting was as easy as other tools.

Search from any thing is easy. Reporting is easy. Integrated package helps save money. Subcontractor costs calculation - pools is integrated well.

Puntos en contra:

Some of the joins in Congo's framework manager do not exist and we had to build again. When. The new release comes to market, we have to add them back.

Barbara
Controller
Telecomunicaciones, 11-50 empleados

Controller

5,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: Costpoint is a dynamic system with many features that are automated. We use it for not only our accounting system, but also our budgeting and reporting. It is complex and able to do many things, but the right people must be in place to ensure the system works for you and is used to it's fullest. We are only using some of the capabilities of the system, and have only started to unlock all the possibilities of the system 2 years into implementation.

Jim
Director, Federal Reporting and Analytics
, 1.001-5.000 empleados
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Good product, good customer experience

4,0 hace 7 años

Good product that continues to evolve. The customer experience is excellent and their annual conference is a great opportunity to learn more about how to better use the product.

Puntos en contra:

Some things, like expense reporting are lacking. They are making progress, but this is one area that needs improvement.

Christy
GL Acctg Mgr en EE. UU.
Contabilidad, 10.000+ empleados
Fuente de la opinión

Worked in Costpoint for 7 yrs.

5,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: It makes my job easier. Less paper needed

Its security controls. Its checks and balances. It's user-friendliness. Its fixed asset module.

Puntos en contra:

the Fact that you can't have more than one user in everything other than reports. The fact that you can't approve and postin the same window.

Thomas
Manger, Systems Engineering
Aviación y aeroespacial, 51-200 empleados

too many steps

1,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: If I had anything to say I would demand a refund until it became usable for what it is intended for.

Puntos en contra:

selecting print to pdf or printer only gives the date user interface is overly complex and the shortcut buttons are deceptive repeated login faults even with valid information entered

Francis
Controller en EE. UU.
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 51-200 empleados
Fuente de la opinión

Use of Deltek Costpoint in managing our projects and also developing and forecasting for new project

5,0 hace 8 años

Comentarios: Have had Costpoint since 1998 and found it to have helped the organization it business mission. Deltek Costpoint project based accounting system has been useful to our submission of the Incurred Cost Proposals to DCAA.

I like its flexibility in project management

Puntos en contra:

The software is sometimes complex if you are new to it.

Robert
Controller en EE. UU.
Fuente de la opinión

Still figuring out the kinks of the applications, there are still a number of things that need to ou

4,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: A more interconnected truer ERP system, definitely an upgrade over legacy system

There are good controls if things are set up properly and once you figure out the logic of the different modules and how they interact with each other

Puntos en contra:

Some of the screens are not intuitive. For example, only after trial and error was I able to determine the proper order of computing and posting Depreciation on the fixed assets module.

Nina
Billing Manager en EE. UU.
Software informático, 201-500 empleados

Screens

3,0 hace 6 años

As a tool for setting up and keeping track of projects it is ideal. Basically, the system is user friendly.

Puntos en contra:

There are far too many screens to set up one project. It takes time to navigate between the various screens.