Katy taught me how to update contacts to allow for punchlist viewing by our team members.

Publicado el 10/5/2017
Johanna L.
Construcción, 13-50 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: So many! Help with organizing - help with scheduling - help with wrangling everything!!! Gotta get back to work.

Puntos a favor: I enjoy the cross platform functionality. It's so great to be able to access our files from any location, either online or from our servers in the office. This makes a big difference as our team (and project list) continues to grow - we can allow viewing of select items/lists and we don't need to force anyone to use Mac or Windows to work within UDA. Far surpassing any software features, though, the fact that your IT staff is so prompt to respond and so helpful launches this software into one of my favorites I've ever worked with. All software has issues - it's how you respond and deal with those issues that differentiate you from the rest and I thank you for it. Now if you can just have some IT available until 5pm West Coast time (where I am) my dreams would really come true. Thank you to Katy and all the other fabulously helpful people I've interacted with!

Contras: A trifling issue, but since you asked - when I add documents from our computer to the Project Files for a job, it's pretty wonky and time consuming. If I drag an item to the file list, instead of showing it was added - the file list scrolls back to the top so I have to scroll back down to see if it was even added - which it usually wasn't. This happens each time. This means I've taken to adding each document twice to ensure it imports so I don't need to scroll down to check if it's there or not. It would be MUCH nicer if the file list stayed put while I added files so I could see where - and that they were added to the list. Sometimes UDA lets me add mutliple documents and adds a 1 or 2 after each multiple - and sometimes it warns me that it already has that doc in the file. If this warning could pop up every time, I wouldn't need to then re-scroll down to the files I just added and delete duplicates. Also - just like when I add files, when I delete a duplicate the file list automatically scrolls back up to the top so I have to manually go back down to where I was to delete the next duplicate.

This is the best new "toy" I've had in years. I feel like a kid in a candy store!

Publicado el 18/10/2017
Rean W.
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: Saves time. Makes it easy to find stuff. Helps you stay organized. Keeps subs, vendors, owners, architects, vendors all on the same page.

Puntos a favor: I am a new user of this kind of software. A few months ago I did not even know that something like this existed. It has opened a whole new world for me and I am blown away by what this software can do. We demo'ed a few competing products before making a choice and it was the wide range of features at the most competitive price that sold us on ConstructionOnline. I especially like the messaging feature which is basically an email system dedicated to one specific project.

Contras: There is nothing I really dislike about ConstructionOnline, there are just some features I do not use as they do not meet my needs as a commercial general contractor. For example, I do not use Estimating and Change Orders as they seem to be less robust than some of the other software products. These features seem to be geared more towards the residential market. However, I realize it is hard to be everything for everyone. A feature, I think, that would be nice would be the ability to sign documents electronically. Maybe one can do it through Redline; if so, I have not been able to figure it out yet. As a general contractor one has to collect submittal packages from vendors and subcontractors, review them, and then attach a separate sheet to the package, that contains your stamp of approval/comments/signature on it, before you forward the submittal package on to the architect/engineer for review. On this submittal sheet there is space for the different reviewers to add their stamps as well. It would be nice if ConstructionOnline could generate this submittal sheet that you can attach to submittal packages sent to you. Currently, I generate the submittal sheet in another project management program, print it, place my stamp on it, sign it, scan it back into my computer, upload it to a pdf editor, add it to the submittal package file, and then upload the combined file to ConstructionOnline. It would be nice if you could do it all in ConstructionOnline.

Time saving and expert and friendly support team

Publicado el 8/3/2016
Arleen D.
Director of Operations
Muy baja Muy alta

Puntos a favor: With regret, I took my time integrating with my QuickBooks software. After a little over 2 years of having Construction Suite, I finally took the plunge and began the integration process between the two software programs. I love the ease at customizing the software to suit our particular business. The customer support is second to none! The staff is quick to resolve any issues and answer questions minimizing any downtime. No worries! If I make a mistake the staff is quick to show me what I did, while correcting my mistake. Mistakes happen, it is nice to know I have support when and if I need it. I highly recommend the total care package. You will not be disappointed! As for the reporting, Construction Suite provides additional useful reports to help evaluate the current state of your business and let you see at a glance the progress of all projects both financially and the current phase.

Contras: Don't really have any dislikes! My only complaint is that I waited too long to do the integration between my software programs!

As a UDA Construction User,

Publicado el 17/6/2019
Eugene F.

Comentarios: Wonderful

Puntos a favor: I use this software on a daily basis and the organization it brings to my project tracking, and scheduling is unbelievable. From estimates to completion, the software makes it possible to keep track of it all. What great software!

Contras: About the software itself, I have no complaints. I have been using UDA Construction since 2004 and the software has a learning curve that needs a serious commitment and that is one of the reasons why I like the app so much because a lot of the data can be updated from the field. The learning curve was steep over the years but it has only skilled me in how one should think around construction projects which is also a benefit. The learning curve, however, for me has been slow for the simple reason that as my experience and projects grew the demand exponentially grew on the software itself, so my learning curve followed that trend.

User friendly and a great value!

Publicado el 2/9/2016
Rebekah R.
Administrative Assistant
3.5 / 5
Muy baja Muy alta

Puntos a favor: UDA ConstructionOnline was very easy to use and navigate. As I was setting the system up and learning how to navigate through all of the features, the customer service/help desk team was always there to answer my questions. If the person that answered the phone could not help me, then they always found a person that could.

Contras: A pro/con about the product is that there are a lot of different sections which allows for a lot of different types of activities to be performed within the same platform. I liked the option to update properties through the app, but I didn't like that all of the different activities usually took many clicks to get to the right place. It would be helpful if the site was more integrated and allowed for information to be transferred from Punch List to Schedule to Game Plan to To-Do more easily. Seemed like I was setting up the same information in four different places and that can be time consuming.

ConstructionOnline reliability & support

Publicado el 27/1/2016
Barry T.
Muy baja Muy alta

Puntos a favor: Something that seems to be increasingly rare these days is that the company behind Construction Online (and Construction Suite) stands behind their product 100% and the quality & level of support is how I wish all my suppliers and business partners were. Over the years I have looked at alternative systems just to make sure we are not missing out on a better alternative ... and I am confident we are not.
I am also a big fan of their pricing model ... the alternative systems where you pay for a set number of projects can rapidly become very expensive for a company such as ourselves as we do lots of smaller renovation projects as opposed to only a few larger ones per year. There is no limit to the amount of business we do so it is easy to allow this system to grow with our business without any financial "penalty".

Contras: I genuinely do not have any negative comments ... the product continues to grow and enhancements are added and unlike many systems, they do appear to test pretty thoroughly before releasing an update to the software.

Good Construction Software

Publicado el 4/7/2019
Michael C.
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: I been using Construction Suite and Construction Online for many years. It is a well thought out software.

Puntos a favor: Construction Online gives me the value of having everything I need in one place. Plus the client portal is a major plus for communication with my clients on change orders, scheduling, etc.

Contras: Don't have any complaints. Sometimes when you need someone to help you, it may be awhile before they do call back.

This products has the potential of being one of the contractor most valuable tools.

Publicado el 3/5/2017
Jorge T.
Co- Founder/ Project Manager
Relación calidad-precio

Puntos a favor: There is a value in communication and instant data upload with our Customers and Sub's.
The ability to instantly upload pictures, punch list, RFI, client selection and change orders or adjusting architectural drawings on the fly is a valuable tool and these are but a few of the tools we use please keep improving the software.

Contras: There are a lot of software limitation such as the search for contacts and the ability to set categories and sub categories. The ability to rotate the plans once they are in the plan room.
The ability for some of the apps to connect properly with the online software such as time tracking or the use of plan room on an iPad or other tablet which has a lot of glitch's and does not work fluently.

Useable right out of the box

Publicado el 24/11/2015
Bennett G.
Muy baja Muy alta

Puntos a favor: The software is very flexible and can be customized the individual way anyone compiles their estimates. The folks at UDA are always courteous and friendly.

Contras: PRODUCT: The Project descriptions ("Scopes of Work") are not tied directly to the individual estimates inside a "Project". So, if you have multiple versions/revisions of an estimate for a Project (like changing around scope of work or specifications during the "Sales Process" based on client discussions (e.g. adding or subtracting), you are forced to remember to go into a different module to change the original "description" that you wrote or your estimate and specifications will not match. VENDOR: (1) They do a very poor job of communicating changes to the software they have made and/or what changes may actually be planned. It would seem simple enough to produce a feature change log. (2) If you leave a message at the office there is only about a 10% chance you will receive a return call.

Significant ease of use and straight forward organization of Construction Online.

Publicado el 9/8/2017
Robert B.
Senior Project Manager
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: UDA is a one stop shop for all my project management needs. I use UDA and Microsoft Outlook as my main two software tools on a daily basis.

Puntos a favor: Constantly updating and evolving with more features. Easy to acclimate new users to features specifically used for their job duties. It is not an all or nothing software. We can limit users to features that will increase their productivity and not inundate nor confuse them with features that are not beneficial to their work flow.

Contras: Sometimes big time on web server don't know if it is due to # of users or or amount of information contained in our company files. Wish the web server could process the information faster when imputing data.

Construction online helps me keep it all straight

Publicado el 23/7/2015
Charles A.
Muy baja Muy alta

Puntos a favor: CO keeps all my documents, notes, logs, appointments and anything else I need to put in there and organizes it in a simple way so I can get what I need when I need it. This business can be crazy, and CO is a powerful tool that lets me keep things under control. I'm learning more all the time, and I know I don't use it to its fullest yet, but even so my business has shown a tremendous impact. Staying organized is what it is all about. The guys at UDA have always been so helpful and respectful. They are able to guide me when I need it even if I am under a deadline and stressed out. If there is a problem they cant't fix on the phone, they can get on the screen share and find a solution or get back to me with a fix in a reasonable time.

Contras: I have no complaints at all. Maybe I'd like it more if they were headquartered in my town.

Software is Good; Customer Service is Amazing

Publicado el 20/6/2017
Elizabeth G.
Accounting Manager/Closing Coordinator
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: Good software. A little pricey in my opinion. Does have a lot to it that you can use if someone really wanted to use all the functions and features. But the customer service almost makes it worth it all. Caroline Prater really keeps me staying with the software when I have wanted to leave this software in the past. Because of the customer service it makes me stay. :)

Puntos a favor: Customer Service is always there to help. Carolina Prater is amazing and always promptly answers my questions or issues I may have.

Contras: The app has a lot to be desired. It is having issues at least once a month I get my job supers coming into office telling me something won't work.

Great service from all the support group. The rep is always so helpful.

Publicado el 3/7/2018
Christopher W.
Relación calidad-precio

Puntos a favor: Construction Online has helped organize Core Contracting by using the technology of construction online. Construction Online is always improving, which is one thing I like so much. We are able to complete estimates, create dynamic schedule and connect with our customers using this one product.

Contras: When you use the product as designed, I don't see any negatives. I think scheduled ongoing training would eliminate allot of issues. Pick as section, get to know it, by using it, and then aim to learn another section anothertime

Has allowed us to greatly streamline our opperations

Publicado el 26/2/2018
Layne B.
Director of Operations
Muy baja Muy alta

Puntos a favor: The project and team management tools will be a huge asset to our system. I like the ability to create templates. I think the estimating is easy to use and very useful

Contras: I would like to be able to have some initial set up control power on my end when setting up sub contractors. It's absolutely essential that I be able to pull up the estimating docs from the app, so as to cross reference different items. Simply looking at a pdf version is not the same. I think there should be a way to classify projects. For example, once a contract is signed I would turn the project over to live. At that point, the estimate can't be altered, only change orders created. Some of the projects we begin building will never turn into jobs, so they will only have the estimating portion done more than likely. I wouldn't want that project to count as an overall project and go against the total amount we are allowed. But I would want to be able to at least be able to estimate through the system so if it turns into a job, it can carry over. I also think it's really important to be able to use the scheduling system through the app. I wish there were more options to customize the estimate reports to look more professional.

ConstructionOnline just keeps getting better.

Publicado el 8/1/2016
Alex K.
2.5 / 5
Muy baja Muy alta

Puntos a favor: I feel the product is in Sync with the building Industry. and I appreciate that UDA Technologies try hard to match Building practices/terminology with companies from each country that use the software! We build on the East Coast of Australia, between South West Rocks and Tweed Heads of New South Wales. Our Company puts Mobile apps designed by UDA to good use, and with such a big area We have to contend with, We find that these apps work very well. Our Company has been using UDA products for at least 7 years, and in the time We have experienced the effort UDA has put in to be on top of the game.

Contras: Navigation through the software on a "project basis" can be streamlined.
there is a lack of written help files, and best use of software, in manual form, for quick reference.

On the Right Track

Publicado el 24/4/2017
Peter S.
Designer/Estimator/Sales/IT
Arquitectura y planificación, 13-50 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: There are a load of great features that one day will make this software a pleasure to use. ConstructionSuite and ConstructionOnline are separately great products, but their interaction is clunky and leaves something to be desired. For all of the benefits that each provides, it is a chore to keep track of what tasks can be accomplished in each piece of software. With the great staff, support, and developers behind the product, I hope that one day this will be a much more smooth user experience. There is so much that it has to offer, but it still needs a fair amount of development before it is seamless. As a company, we will continue to use the software for the powerhouse that it is, and anxiously await updates. Additionally, the support staff has been a pleasure to work with, and their knowledge has helped us to take advantage of the software.

Puntos a favor: The range of features, cost database/estimating software, project management capabilities

Contras: The dual nature of ConstructionOnline and ConstructionSuite. Their integration is clunky and frustrating. There are a lot of features that seem like good ideas, but are only half baked, as of yet. The Google Calendar integration and its inability to work only one direction is one of these. Keeping track of what syncs automatically or manually between Suite and Online is frustrating too.

I mostly use the logging and punch list features on a day-to-day basis

Publicado el 20/8/2015
Andrew N.
2.5 / 5
Muy baja Muy alta

Puntos a favor: When I called for help, I received an immediate and effective solution, and the project logging application is much easier than using a spreadsheet.

Contras: I think that the punch list function should automatically copy me on all punch list reminders that are sent to subs so I can follow up with them on the same email thread and keep conversations better organized. The work log resource type should be more robust as it does not appear to be developed by someone with construction experience (obviously builders do not typically moonlight as software developers, but I think there is more room for growth in catering to construction professionals).

It just keeps getting BETTER!

Publicado el 29/5/2015
Robert C.
Muy baja Muy alta

Puntos a favor: I feel the product reflects the care and concern that the personnel of UDA Technologies project when they are asked to answer questions or provide technical help. The updates and changes with the interface keep reducing my work load in the office, while providing me with better cost control and work flow. The next best thing is you have resisted the "pitfall" of out sourcing your support group this is a major plus.

Contras: That I have to get up at 2 in the morning to get questions answered, as they say,"it's the price you pay for living in paradise" Hawaii

UDA ConstructionOnline is User Friendly

Publicado el 10/5/2019
Russell D.
Controller
Construcción, 51-200 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: We have moved some of our paper processes to electronic and we now have better oversight on the overall business. The intent is to move all or most of our project related processes to the platform and become much more efficient and have greater information at our fingertips.

Puntos a favor: The overall platform is user friendly and UDA listens to feature requests and works to incorporate your ideas for improved functionality.

Contras: The software does not cover all of our cross functional needs, but UDA is actively working on making improvements that will hopefully satisfy all of our needs.

Best product I used for more than a year

Publicado el 31/10/2018
Oscar V.
Vice president
Construcción, 10.001+ empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: This product has all your needs so worth it.

Puntos a favor: This product have a wide range of features that I can't ever imagine having it in a single product , It increase our efficiency and so convenient to use. I love this product so much!

Contras: So far I don't have any negative comment on using this product , I really appreciate there team effort for making this kind of product that continuously improving.

Been a user for over ten years now with all the new features I don't need to look anywhere else.

Publicado el 28/7/2017
Kevin W.
Construcción, 51-200 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: More productive and organized allows me time in the field to deal with issues instead of in my office making phone calls.

Puntos a favor: The online scheduling and Game plan features allows me to do more with less people. We are also using the client portal to keep our clients informed.

Contras: I realize this is a new feature and still in Beta but would like to see increased load speeds on Red line plan room.

BEST ONLINE TOOL to Manage your Construction Team

Publicado el 3/2/2016
Sofia M.
Architect / Project Manager
Propiedad inmobiliaria comercial
Muy baja Muy alta

Puntos a favor: Right now I have the PRO USER service...for me, and for my company it has been VERY helpful to develop, document and organize the Construction/Owner Team. Is is easily accessed from PC, Mobiles, Tablets....there is on excuse that you can't have documents right away.

Contras: Right now...there is nothing I don't like....but there are things that could be done and would be better.
Integration of MEETING MINUTES to document weekly/monthly meetings would be great!!!
Addition of a feature that lets you keep track of Construction Drawings would be excelent!! Right now I am using the FILES to upload the construction documents....but it doesn't help me much when trying to track which version of a construction document page was updated.

Construction Suite earns their TOP HONORS awards!

Publicado el 17/2/2016
Bob K.
Muy baja Muy alta

Puntos a favor: Construction Suite is a complete software package that works fantastic for our custom home business. The reporting aspect of the estimating portion, makes our sales presentation to the perspective buyer run very smooth. The program runs seamlessly with QuickBooks, which makes our decision to use Construction Suite easier.

Contras: Haven't found anything that we don't like. The more we use the program, the more features we begin to implement within the company.

One of the best investments in our company

Publicado el 15/7/2015
Pavel B.
Muy baja Muy alta

Puntos a favor: We appreciate how the UDA estimating software works in conjunction with the UDA Construction Online. Since implementing Construction suite as our estimating software we have heard only good things about how professional our proposals. It has help streamline our business and the Construction Online is one of the best tools we have. It helps us save time, money and the client portal is an excellent way for us to communicate with our clients.

Contras: We have no dislikes of the software or vendor. We did however like the custom(PICTURE) watermark feature in previous version that was taken out.

UDA Software and Employees are the BEST!

Publicado el 8/12/2016
Jim V.
Treasurer
Construcción, 13-50 empleados
Muy baja Muy alta

Comentarios: We purchased this product to help us estimate and manage our residential field activities. We looked at several products, test drove a few and Construction Suite was hands down the best for end to end estimating and performance measurement.
Not only is the product easy to use, but the sales, customer support and technical support staff are awesome. Everyone is knowledgeable, pleasant and helpful. Wait times to speak with a representative are minimal and no matter who answers the phone they either help you right away or get you to the right resource very quickly. No need to leave a message and have someone call you back.

Puntos a favor: Seamless integration between the office and staff in the field. With punch lists, it's easy to check on the daily progress of our crews to keep them on time and on budget. The absolute best QuickBooks integration. We have several products that interact with our QuickBooks accounting software but none works as seamlessly as Construction Suite.

Contras: We really struggle to find things that we don't like.