Sobre Apache OpenOffice

Paquete de productividad abierto que te permite producir letras, crear presentaciones multimedia, diagramas e ilustraciones 3D, entre otros.

Descubre más sobre Apache OpenOffice

Its a large community that uses and supports OpenOffice. I have found solutions for everything I've needed.

Puntos en contra:

I haven't found that any features are missing. This software meets our office needs.

Valoraciones de Apache OpenOffice

Evaluación media

Facilidad de uso
Atención al cliente
4,0
Funciones
Relación calidad-precio

Probabilidad de recomendación

Apache OpenOffice tiene una valoración global de 4,4 estrellas sobre 5 según las 373 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Has utilizado Apache OpenOffice?

Filtrar opiniones (373)

Animesh S.
Animesh S.
System Engineer en India
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 10.000+ empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Apache OpenOffice For Office suit, it’s the best free alternative to Microsoft Office.

5 hace 4 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: OpenOffice is a free alternative to Microsoft Office that may be used to make presentations for co-workers, briefings, and bulletins, as well as organize data.

OpenOffice is a more comprehensive and user-friendly program than Microsoft Office. OpenOffice allows you to quickly change margins, typeface, size, and other settings, and I believe it does it better than Word and in a more user-friendly way. Within one program, it can handle spreadsheets, basic databases, presentations, basic drawings, and all of the other Microsoft Office capabilities. It also allows users to create third-party plugins, giving you a lot of flexibility when it comes to pursuing extremely particular goals within the application.

Puntos en contra:

The software can occasionally malfunction, causing it to sluggish or even crash, although this has only happened a few times in my experience. Rather than DOC, OpenOffice's primary document format is ODF. When I open Microsoft DOC files in OpenOffice, I occasionally see incompatibilities, such as formatting issues.

Timothy B.
cfm en EE. UU.
Comercio minorista, 2-10 empleados

Free AND compatible

4 hace 2 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: It is a great free alternative to Office and is good if you need to install on lots of machines.

It is able to be used to view and modify existing .doc files and .xml files. It is completely free and is easy to download use and distribute.

Puntos en contra:

It is a pretty boring visual layout and the latest office product file formats do not always work.You must save the files locally.

Heidi H.
Heidi H.
Blogger en EE. UU.

Most Recent Version Crashes Constantly Leading to Lost Work

3 hace 3 años

Comentarios: My overall experience, until it seemingly somehow led to my computer now being unable to start, has actually been great. I've been using OpenOffice for many years and never really had a problem until the last few months, as the crashing has been increasing to be more and more frequent. I really like the user interface and features overall. It's been a wonderful program until just recently.

I've been using Open Office Writer and Calc for years. I like the features and user interface. Some features are better than features found in Microsoft Word. For example, you can add multiple columns to a table at once; this is not in Word and it's very convenient and helpful feature when working on a table, and I find changing the text from all caps to no caps etc. easier for some reason in Writer although they are almost identical. Almost everything that is in Word is in Writer. Besides the options of the search function, I have never felt like there was a feature that is in Word that I needed and didn't have in Writer. In Writer, the one issue is that Search feature is very difficult to learn to use. If you want to do anything slightly complicated, you have to go learn specifically how to enter it and that can take some time digging online. I have never figured out how to replace two paragraph marks with one, as an example. I do like Microsoft Excel better than Calc because I find it a lot easier to figure out how to write functions using the prompts in Excel than in Calc; I find trying to do more complex functions in Calc extremely frustrating and infuriating.

Puntos en contra:

This latest version has been crashing a lot. In the last few weeks, I've lost a lot of work. When it crashes, you can lose up to 15 minutes of writing, depending on when it last auto-saved. This has been painful as I've had to re-write some important documents that I had already gotten mostly written. What happened just now is I included a word - a science word - that was not in the dictionary. I right clicked on the word and added it to the dictionary so it would not be underlined as a spelling error. The program hung. I panicked as I had just written a lot so I clicked save. The program froze - and I lost 3 documents. But this time, I could not shut OpenOffice down. Not even by going into Task Manager and clicking End Task would it shut down. I waited probably 45 minutes and then shut down the computer so that it would terminate OpenOffice. Now my laptop won't boot up and goes to a black screen. Now, maybe my laptop has an issue. This could be the case. But, I resent the fact that, whatever issue my laptop may have had, OpenOffice interfaced with it in such a way that now I don't have access to my computer anymore. Now I have to go buy a usb drive and put Windows 10 Installation on it and then troubleshoot my PC. OK, so I don't know if this was OpenOffice's fault - but, it was the only unusual thing that happened before my laptop died. Also, the fact remains that the program has been crashing CONSTANTLY, on both my pcs, for the smallest things. That is very concerning.

Senior Software Engineer en India
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 1.001-5.000 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Prueba gratis

Open Source Application for your day to day work

4 hace 2 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: Overall experience is very good while using this application. Needs some more features like high cost applications.

Open source is the one of the great benefit they are offering. Good option among other same category apps. Easy setup. Cost saving application

Puntos en contra:

More templates to be added for each file type. It feels like something is missing as compared to other high cost applications. Rest all good for this application.

Reece S.
Reece S.
Web Developer en RU
Software informático, Trabajador autónomo

Best Office Software

5 el año pasado

Comentarios: Very reliable. Always works with any document from any office software. You will always be able to open a document from your colleague.

This is by far the best free office software. Being open source, it is built by passionate individuals who all want the same thing. No bloatware, no malware. Pure productivity goodness!

Puntos en contra:

Sometimes feels a little unrefined compared to commercial options. The design is a little dated too.

Janice S.
Managing Partner en EE. UU.
Marketing y publicidad, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

I would recommend Apache OpenOffice to anyone who needs open-source software

4 hace 4 semanas Nuevo

Apache OpenOffice is one of the first pieces of software that provided an option to paid software. I've always found it to be reliable for word processing and database. It has really great functionality and is easy to use, if you know what your goals are.

Puntos en contra:

I always found that Apache OpenOffice programs tend to be memory/data hogs, so spreadsheets/text documents with a lot of text lags when opening.

Real Estate Agent en EE. UU.
Propiedad inmobiliaria, Trabajador autónomo

Amazing Open-Source Office Suite

5 el mes pasado Nuevo

OpenOffice is free and does almost everything that expensive softwares do. It works seamlessly to create and edit anything that Microsoft products can do and doesn't have any compatibility trouble in transferring documents or spreadsheets into Google Drive or opening them with Apple office suite products.

Puntos en contra:

The design is clunky and sometimes has some compatibility issues with some externally-created Microsoft products.

Waldo M.
Waldo M.
Director of Media Services en EE. UU.
Telecomunicaciones, 51-200 empleados

OpenOffice - Professional Functionality

5 hace 2 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: OpenOffice does exceptionally well what it sets out to do, I.e. give the user an office suite with full functionality. The user interface is friendly and intuitive, and can be used by personnel at all skill levels.

The fact that OpenOffice is open source is a great motivator for usage; add to that the exceptional cross-platform document handling, and you have an office environment that can function well and efficiently.

Puntos en contra:

At the time of use I cannot really identify a "least-liked" option.

Alicia H.
Incident Manager en EE. UU.
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 501-1.000 empleados

Love this Free Software!

4 hace 2 meses Nuevo

I use this on my personal computer and it works pretty well. I can easily copy in text and save files. It also has a restore option, in case it closes the file due to power outage or computer outage, etc.

Puntos en contra:

It can be hard to do formatting and to find and save the needed file type, at times.

Rahul D.
email marketing manager en España
Marketing y publicidad, 51-200 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Prueba gratis

Qualitative use of Apache OpenOffice

5 hace 4 semanas Nuevo

Apache office is really good place do operation like people used to do in ms office. plus there are some extra facility that you can not have it in ms office. - you can easily access any function from one place not like to have separate application for each function. - you can draw any algorithm & diagram with better explanation. while in MS you have to install seperate program for that.

Puntos en contra:

- sometimes It's bit slower to load full application. - maybe they can improve User interface.

Nicholas K.
President en EE. UU.
Bienes de consumo, 2-10 empleados

Apache Open Office Business and Individual User Friendly

5 hace 2 años

Comentarios: We found OpenOffice years ago when we were first starting out and needed an alternative to spending thousands of dollars on Microsoft Excel. We use this daily for in house use and when working on projects for customers. Because so many people use Excel we simply work on OpenOffice and reload to Excel with very few changes necessary. This software saves us time and money and to continue interacting with other businesses seamlessly.

This software is very user friendly and meets the word processing and spreadsheet needs of our company. We use it daily for word processing, article construction, publication writing, and all of our spreadsheets. To say it is amazing does not do this software justice, I mainly use these two features but know it does far more, such as Drawing, Presentations, Calculator and Illustration. Co-workers use some of those other included features, but my work keeps me occupied otherwise. The word processing and spreadsheet program sections can be converter to Microsoft Office products with minimal effort. Especially nice is that Microsoft Word and Excel products can be opened by OpenOffice. This feature has saved us so much time. If we make changes to those documents they may be saved to either OpenOffice or Microsoft formats. The program is updated frequently at no cost or loss of information.

Puntos en contra:

There has not been a single complaint from my staff. I personally have a problem printing envelopes, but I think that is because I rarely do so.

Sharon N.
Writer en RU
Fuente de la reseña

If you can't afford MS Office...

4 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I've used it on numerous occasions to rescue and reformat corrupted files (particularly in its Word version), earning major kudos from students and clients in full panic mode that the CV or project they've put their heart into has been lost forever. Not so! Open Office rescued it. It loads quickly, can save in many different formats (more than MS Office) and is more adaptable. The portable copy has proved a lifesaver when out and about. I can plug it into any Windows computer and get to work immediately.

Open Office reminds me of the old MS Office, with a similar layout and ease of use. It's not as big a resource hog as MS Office and for basic use it's excellent. Being free certainly doesn't hurt! While I do have MS Office as well, I write first drafts in Open Office and then copy it across. Seeing the subtly different layout allows me to see errors that I missed before and since Open Office can be got as a portable app, I can take it anywhere on a memory stick, plug it in and get going. It saves to MS Office formats as well as its own proprietary ones, and you can set it to default to MS Office format if you want. It can often open files MS Office struggles with, allowing you to rescue corrupted documents and put them back into a format MS Office can read, so even if you have the expensive software having this as a backup is worth it for when things go wrong.

Puntos en contra:

Doesn't have all the bells and whistles of MS Office and sometimes you want to do something that in MS Office would be a breeze (like inserting page numbers) and in Open Office is a little more tricky, but there are tons of searchable help files and advice pages which means you can usually find a way.

Rex B.
Rex B.
Author en Canadá

Novels in Open Office

5 el año pasado

Comentarios: I write good business letters; often for other people; sometimes a printed letter gets more attention than an email. The envelopes, formatted and printed in Open Office, are proper business envelopes. At a time when we are working more from home more, Open Office is a sensible alternative to expensive word processing, and spreadsheet programs. I do my company books with an Open Office spreadsheet that I designed myself. It calculates income, expenses, sales and income taxes etc. as I go. When it's time to do taxes, the numbers are all there at the bottom.

I use Open Office for at least three hours every day—usually six. It is my go to word processor. I've written two novels and a collection of short stories with it. I was easily able to format and style the layout for the paperback and eBook files, so they conformed perfectly to Amazon's publishing requirements. Most folks don't know this is possible so they farm it out and pay dearly. I didn't rate the support category above because I have never had to use it. Open Office works fine all the time. It's totally reliable and at a cost 100% less than MS Word.

Puntos en contra:

Figuring out how to do headers and footers on alternating pages was a bit of a brain buster, but I got it. I'm sure it could be more intuitive.

Halimatun Z.
Halimatun Z.
IT Manager en Malasia
Contabilidad, 1.001-5.000 empleados

Free office suite

5 hace 7 meses

It is free and open-source, and it can accomplish some of the duties that other sophisticated software in its field can. Still, if you want stability and better performance, I would recommend using something else. I primarily use these for document creation and editor. However, it has more features in it. The document processing and spreadsheet modules can be easily converted to Microsoft Office products. OpenOffice can read Microsoft Word and Excel documents, which is very convenient. We've saved a lot of time because of this function.

Puntos en contra:

You'll mostly run into issues on particular platforms, which might lead you to loose or disrupt your work. Other concerns with working in an open workplace might also influence your coworkers. To some, it may be adaptive, while to others, it may be a complete nightmare. If you are accustomed to Microsoft Office, don't expect to be able to transition simply; in fact, switching can be a significant challenge.

Marketing Director/Front-End Web Developer en EE. UU.
Materiales de construcción, 11-50 empleados

Excellent MS Office Alternative - Minus Some Bells and Whistles

5 el año pasado

Comentarios: OpenOffice is hands down my favorite office application suite. Yes, it isn't the prettiest or the most feature-rich, but it offers everything probably 95% of today's workforce would need, minus real-time editing collaboration.

OpenOffice is excellent for a free and open-source office application suite. It offers all the essential core functionality of MS Office for the low low price of absolutely free! When I was a student and began my career I was using OpenOffice exclusively. If offers excellent capabilities right out of the box and is available even on Linux (my preferred operating system).

Puntos en contra:

The lack of an online collaboration feature really is the only reason I had to switch away from this with my company. It's a much-needed feature, especially at this time, with everyone working remotely.

Munema I.
Customer Trainer en Suiza
Software informático, 501-1.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

If you don't need all the bells and whistles, go for this

4 hace 10 meses

I remember coming across OpenOffice several years ago and thought I would give it a try as it seemed a valuable "agnostic" solution that worked on Mac, PC, and Linux machines alike and it was free to download, install and use. Generally, what I liked about OpenOffice was the fact that it provided most of the main features of the various Word, Excel, etc. True, the user interface may not have been as good as that of such tools but, overall, OpenOffice met its goals of letting users leverage the core features needed for writing, creating tables, etc. I would say that if you don't need advanced features but mainly the basics, OpenOffice could be the one "digital office tool" for you.

Puntos en contra:

There are a few things I am not a fan of when it comes to OpenOffice. The firsts one is the fact that, unlike some of the other tools, it doesn't have a mobile app. This means that you will always be dependent on working from your computer, always. Next is the fact that it does come with a "ceiling" meaning that you might find yourself in need of something else at some point in the future because you may feel as if you have outgrown OpenOffice as a platform. Also, keep in mind that it has been discontinued so you may find versions still available for you to use but may be outdated.

Ryan L.
Director of Content Development en EE. UU.
Marketing y publicidad, 2-10 empleados

OpenOffice is a great free alternative to MS Office

5 hace 5 meses

Comentarios: Overall, it's great! In a nutshell, this is a free version of Microsoft Office, for most practical applications.

The best thing is the price, as it's free to download and use the full suite of functionality! However, that wouldn't matter if the software was poor. The good news is that it's not, and OpenOffice gives me virtually every feature from MS Office that I regularly use. I don't doubt that MS Office has a leg-up in certain areas if you need deeper, more obscure features, but for day-to-day document creation, Open Office is great.

Puntos en contra:

Two things: 1) I can't seem to find a way to save a document as a .docx. That might be proprietary to MS Word. 2) I'd like to be able to see more than just the last 10 documents I opened. It'd be nice to be able to choose an item at the bottom of the list such as "Show more" that would open up expanded document history.

Amy S.
Artist/designer en EE. UU.
Arte y artesanía, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Apache OpenOffice, you're my main squeeze.

5 hace 8 meses

Comentarios: Absolutely phenomenal software. I don't know where I'd be without it. It is not at all dramatic to admit this software changed my life.

I wouldn't even know where to begin. I've been using (did I say using? I mean in love with) this software for over 12 years. You can create ANYTHING with it. I've landed jobs from creating resumes with this app, wowed fellow creators with artistic documents, made myself calendars and fitness goals lists with all the fancy fonts and borders, and even one classy and sassy resignation letter to a former employer of questionable morals. This software has been the backbone of my progress for so long. Tons of features, easy to navigate, and doesn't slow down your system. Standing Ovation.

Puntos en contra:

The word con has no place with OpenOffice. This software is incredible. I do wish it would not let microsoft word open up my unfinished-and-saved-for-later documents, which I know is just an issue with my PC and not Open Office. Still, it would be great to see it push Microsoft out of the way just once and make it known which one I'm loyal to.

Amit G.
Amit G.
Founder en India
Administración educativa, 2-10 empleados

Best Productivity Application and Alternate to Micrososoft

5 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Apache OpenOffice is really helping me in my business. It is saving us from everyday licensing issues of microsoft. This software is really complete peace of mind.

I liked OpenOffice software because it fulfills all aspects of productivity applications. This is free of cost software provided by Apache foundation. Apache have provided software setup so that this software is easily getting installed on PC/Laptop. The software is compatible with microsoft office files and you can easily open/edit files microsoft files. OpenOffice is complete suite of office application which includes spreadsheet, word-processor, slides presentation applications and other important tools also. I liked its interoperability feature so that its files are easily supported across various platforms. I appreciate Apache Foundation for making such hassle free software which is giving benefits to masses.

Puntos en contra:

I am using Microsoft Office applications since a long so i am habitual to save files in Microsoft format like .docx,doc, .xlsx,xls, .pptx.ptt etc but while i save files in open-office, it b defaullt takes .ods/.ots/.odp format which sometime creates confusion and i have to save them in microsoft format so that while sharing to others they can easily understand that.

Ivis coromoto H.
Analista de Planificaciòn, Presupuesto y Organizaciòn en Venezuela
Fuente de la reseña

I use it in my office every work day to write information or do calculations among other things

4 hace 4 años

Comentarios: There are many benefits among which we can mention that it is a free software that can be downloaded directly from the Internet, it can be installed in other operating systems that are not Linux, it takes few resources from the team in terms of memory and space in disk unlike other programs that exist in the market, it is easily installed and has the same structure as Microsoft Office.

I installed it on my home computer when I started using it to learn it and I was amazed that it was too fast to run, since this computer has very low performance and when loading other similar applications it takes a long time. What I like the most is that you do not need a large capacity to run in addition to being able to download it for free because it is not licensed.

Puntos en contra:

What I do not like is that it does not have all the advantages of functionality as far as tools are concerned and that it is not 100 percent compatible with Microsoft Office, which is a limitation when exchanging information between both programs. For example, with open office calc and excel lack many tools so that office calc is a hundred percent compatible with the case of macros that are made in excel. If a document made with macros in Microsoft excel is tried to load in open office would not be compatible.

Composer en Alemania
Música, Trabajador autónomo
Fuente de la reseña

Actually it has all of the features you should need

4 el año pasado

Comentarios: Since my student-subscription ran out i was not willing to renew my subscription with the full paid version of Microsofts Office. So i switched to Apache and - honestly - was not disappointed.
Since my last time using it, it gained a lot of functions and especially stepped up in overall appearance of the userinterface and in accessability.
I would definitely recommend checking it out, before spending loads of money on commercial competitors!

It's astonishing, that Apache OpenOffice is still a freeware, if you keep in mind the incredible amount of functions it features. The "similarity" to Microsoft Office makes it very easy to switch between those products. The same goes for interchangeability of data. With Apache OpenOffice you can edit data from Microsoft Office without any loss in format and layout.

Puntos en contra:

While it features a lot of features, there might be some very advanced functions, that are not availible in OpenOffice. That might not be a problem for the bigger part of users, because one might not even know about those. But for commercial usage it might fall short at parts.

Ross H.
Ross H.
Assistant lecturer, Graduate Assistant, PhD student en Nueva Zelanda
Educación superior, 1.001-5.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

A decent alternative to Microsoft if required

4 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I like it. I tend to use Office myself but that's mostly because it is what is provided. I use OpenOffice occasionally just to keep me up to date with it so I can help students that are using it but this has meant that, with familiarity, I've reached the point where if I were paying the bill myself, I would absolutely look into deploying OpenOffice in my workplace.

The thing I like most about this product is probably the price. It's free and works well. Outside of this though I really like the development that has gone into OpenOffice. When it started out it was hideous, limited and buggy. More importantly compatibility with Office programs (e.g. Word and Excel) was incredibly iffy and lagged behind each update. There was very little reason to use OpenOffice aside from the price. Nowadays it still doesn't look great (it's better though!) but it's such an improved experience in terms of the rest of those issues. For example Writer does everything most will want from Word and I actually prefer the way that it handles pasting images and formatting tables. There are now legitimate reasons to choose OpenOffice in terms of the programs on offer, and if opensource is appealing then I'd recommend it as the default work-suite.

Puntos en contra:

OpenOffice suffers the same issues as most opensource software. It is written by people that have a very good understanding of coding and perhaps are not as good at UI or understanding how to ease relatively new users into an experience that differs to Word. OpenOffice generally works on the function over form approach and so the best that can be said of most of the offerings within is that they are "not hideous anymore" The UI is both stark in aesthetic and a little merciless for newcomers though; options are packed in and occasionally something requires a little more "under the hood" work to get going (e.g. getting the default list of recent documents to be longer can be a bit of a chore)

Writer en EE. UU.
Entretenimiento, Trabajador autónomo

I Love OpenOffice!

5 hace 3 años

I've used OpenOffice for YEARS now. There are so many things I love about it, it's hard to indicate just a few in one review. As a writer, I need a word processing software that, put simply, simple! OpenOffice has the capacity to do a LOT of complex things for other industries--like graphics, spreadsheets, presentations--and it can do everything Microsoft Office does, but I think the standout thing about OpenOffice is it never glitches on me (except maybe visually when I'm scrolling through an 500-page document) and it doesn't take up a lot of space on my computer so it always opens right away--as opposed to Microsoft Word which always takes forever to open and crashes on my Macbook Pro frequently. Also, OpenOffice is free.

Puntos en contra:

I don't have any complaints. Sometimes when I'm working with a 500/800 page document, the text sometimes glitches visually, but all I do is scroll up and down a bit and that fixes it.

Nibaruta M.
technician en Pakistán
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 2-10 empleados

Alternative to Microsoft office

5 el año pasado

Comentarios: I have had OpenOffice freeze in mid of work and the only way to solve the issue was to restart the pc. you can as well go to save and have the entire application shutdown automatically.

Free and open-source, it can do some of the tasks that are done by other professional software in its category but I would recommend choosing another if you want reliability and better performance.

Puntos en contra:

Mostly on certain systems, you will encounter bugs that can cause you to lose or interrupt your work. The open office has other issues that can as well affect those you work with. It could be adaptable to some and absolute a nightmare to others. If you are familiar with Microsoft office don't think you will be able to use open office easily matter of fact it can be a very big problem to switch.

Paul Z.
Senior ICT Specialist en Rumanía
Tecnología y servicios de la información, Trabajador autónomo
Fuente de la reseña

Fast, easy and free* office suite

5 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Since the day office became more expensive, I started to search for an alternative which I found via a website which offered alternatives for paid software packages, I even started to implement this software is other non profit companies and they had to learn a bit but never regret it!

It does exactly the same as any other paid version of office, as a really small company we need to look at every euro, since we switched, we never looked back, because we don't need more than this office suite is giving!

Puntos en contra:

Its not perfect with writing to xlsx or docx, but who needs this? You normally export to PDF and you don't need these more compressed file types anyway.