Opiniones de Clover

Sobre Clover

Clover, un punto de venta y un sistema de pagos todo en uno, integra las funciones de una caja registradora, terminal de pago con tarjeta y sistema POS.

Descubre más sobre Clover

We loved using the Clover system for a recent event. It was very easy to use and navigation-friendly.

Puntos en contra:

They cost to much they lied about the monthly payment.

Valoraciones de Clover

3,9
Relación calidad-precio
3,6

Probabilidad de recomendación

Clover tiene una valoración global de 3,9 estrellas sobre 5 según las 391 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Has utilizado Clover?

Filtrar opiniones (391)

Josh
Josh
Diseño, Trabajador autónomo

Great Point of Sale payment processor for Small Companies

5,0 hace 6 meses
Los subtítulos en español están disponibles en el reproductor de vídeo
Guillermo
Guillermo
Product Owner, Team Leader, Business Analyst en Argentina
Banca, 51-200 empleados

Muy buen producto

5,0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Facilidad del uso, poder agregar mayor prestaciones

Puntos en contra:

No encontré contras hasta el momento del producto y servicio

Otis
Otis
vocal engineer en EE. UU.
Música, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

at first I didn't believe...

5,0 hace 2 meses

Comentarios: at first I didn't believe, but after my first time using it. I knew this would be a game changer. highly recommend to any individual or business.

getting payments...making payments, and your transaction history is very accessible.

Puntos en contra:

it could be alittle cheaper but if im being honest its worth every single penny, well done.

Jeremy
Manager en Canadá
Restaurantes, 11-50 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Easy to implement and maintain - loaded with great features!

4,0 hace 2 meses

Comentarios: Quick customer service, and a excellent interface, clover make POS a great option.

Easy to learn and use, with great ability to track inventory and customers.

Puntos en contra:

The clover monthly pricing nearly doubled in the span of a month, backing out cafe into a corner. I’m still frustrated to be paying for the same features with a $50/month increase.

Owner en Canadá

LIARS and Thieves....

3,0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: Horrible.. they lied to us and are still charging me for a service I do not use. Splitting up with Clover is worst then a divoirce. They will lure you with the promise of cheap rates, give you convulted pricing with add on fees. And ghost you as you try to cancel the service. They steal about 32 dollars from use each month, and we have exhuasted options to cancel the services. I hope by leaving this review I save others from making the same mistake.

Nothing that you could not get with square... reconcillation is a head ache.. and acess to data is poorly laid out.

Puntos en contra:

No Custmer Service, as it is outsourced to south east asia. We are still trying to cancelling our sevice even after 6 months. Constantly told they are working on it and will call us back, but you will never receive a call back. You just get ghosted. They low rates are deceiving since the tack on add on fees and the rates are varied depending on CC. They will quote you the cheapest rate for the low grade Credit Card to suck you in. We went back to Square, since they are upfront and transparent about all their fees.

tracey
owner en Canadá
Producción de alimentos, 2-10 empleados

Easy to use

5,0 hace 4 meses

Comentarios: I like thier hardware and software but they could improve with their customer service...being quicker and easier to contact.

I like that it is always reliable. In 2 years I haven't had any issues of errors either with the software or the machine itself.

Puntos en contra:

It is hard to contact customer service in the rare event that you need them

Christina
Office Manager en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Clover has made payment managing so easy!

5,0 hace 3 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: It's been very good, and our Clover rep is very helpful.

I love being able to use the machine to locate past transactions and e-mail receipts/the dashboard is super user friendly as well

Puntos en contra:

I honestly haven't ran into any problems so far other than I've noticed we are charged a higher merchant fee with a "manual" card entry versus a chip read.

Jennifer
Office Administrator en EE. UU.
Veterinaria, 11-50 empleados

Financial Software

5,0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

We really love the mobile payment terminals. We can even complete payments outside in the parking lot

Puntos en contra:

We have terrible WIFI reception at times, so the connection is disrupted and we are unable to process payments

janmetra
practice manager en EE. UU.
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Extremely easy to use- and customer friendly

5,0 hace 3 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: Overall great customer service, great interface with clients and ease of use is amazing.

Reporting is the best part for me- because of the financials and it makes it easy to download my reports and reconcile each month

Puntos en contra:

Refunds- can be a little tricky (if it is not a recent transaction)

Bear
Owner en EE. UU.
Alimentación y bebidas, 2-10 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Prueba gratis
Fuente de la reseña

Do not consider Clover. Save yourself the frustration. They are only out to take your money

1,0 el mes pasado Nuevo

They allow me to take payments quite easily.

Puntos en contra:

Pretty much everything else is a negative. It's hard to know where to start. To begin, you must know that they disallow the use of used equipment. That means if you're dissatisfied with Clover your equipment is pretty much bricked. You get nothing for it. Oh, and you will be dissatified with them. There are so many annoyances. Their batch is setup for 7pm PST, in the middle of a shift. Their deposits then combine multiple days with no report to know what days are in the deposit. You can't do partial refunds unless you're in their highest tier. I can almost never get a report on the device, I have to login on a computer. It goes on and on. Oh, and forget a "trial period" they don't honor it and won't allow you to return the equipment. Clover is just in it to get your money. They do not care about you as a customer, at all.

Shelby
Owner en Canadá

Clover review

4,0 hace 4 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: Happy so far

Portable and stationary for convenience

Puntos en contra:

The set up was a nightmare. No one explained apps

Manager en Canadá
Envases y contenedores, 2-10 empleados
Fuente: GetApp

Abhorrent customer service

2,0 el mes pasado Nuevo

Comentarios: Absolutely the worst customer service I have ever experienced. We have had a major issue caused by their mistake and they in no way will communicate with you when you have an issue

The ease of use. Since at this point it is all I like about this program I highly doubt I will continue with it. Easy use is not enough, I need customer service also.

Puntos en contra:

Clover/Fiserv customer service is horrible. You can never talk to anyone with any authority to get anything done about your problem. They do not answer emails EVER

Luigi
Director of Operations & Development en EE. UU.
Alimentación y bebidas, 11-50 empleados

Easy, simple and effective

4,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Very positive. It's ease of use makes it suitable for every demographic and It integrates well with our other systems like Shopify and Shopventory.

Since this system uses android OS so it follows a familiar mobile OS layout. The system is extremely easy to use. I repeat, EXTREMELY easy to use. So easy that the boomers in our company did find it too difficult to learn. It's large buttons and integrated barcode scanner makes transactions quick and smooth. It integrates with most common applications such as Quickbooks & Shopify. The option to search for products by typing the name is extremely useful. As one of our owners put it, "It's pretty hard to make a mistake on it, even for a caveman like me."

Puntos en contra:

It's certainly not as advanced as other point of sales systems I've used in the past. Sometimes simple commands are buried in sub folders. For example, if you want to delete an entire order, you are required to push three dots at the top of the order, then select the "delete order" option from a list of commands. While simple is steps, the lack of clarity when while locating the the action can slow you down when you are busy. A massive con is the that it does not natively support variable priced items by weight. In order to add this as an option, we're required to pay an extra $10 a month. Something that has also been massively disappointing is that you can not increase the price of an item during the sale. If an item is at a fixed priced, you can not increase the price, you can only reduce the price or provide an item discount. This is a disadvantage if you don't necessarily need an item to be a variable priced item, of if an item is priced incorrectly. It forces you to use the open item option.

Graham
Owner en RU
Comercio minorista, Trabajador autónomo

Not for Retailers

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: The problems come with the back office.
The inventory system is basic to say the least, items sold at the till do decrease the totals, but all purchase quatities have to be done manually, you cannot set min and max stock levels, or re-order levels with the bundled system, so re-orders have to have a physical stock check, I am still trying to work out how this saves me time and money.
Clover relies heavily on thrid party APPs, which they absolve themselves of all responsibility in their T's & C's. These Apps are expensive
(The Shopventory APP is £40 Pm +VAT)
The E-Commerce integration does not work.
The Magento integration is for Magento 1m which was made obsolete in June 2018, and is no longer supported.
The Shopify integration does not work either, and for me failed at the first hurdle, (I have now been waiting 14 days for a fix).
I purchased a barcode reader they recommended, not even their support staff could get it to work, I was promised a fix, five months ago.
In my opinon this system out of the box is not for retail, unless you want to see your profits dwindle through the purchase of expensive APP's.
The actual helpdesk staff are very helpful, but they can only do so much.
The actual management are a nightmare to deal with.
I first presented some of these issues within 30 days and was promised a fix, five months later I am being told that even though I registered those issues it will cost me over £1500 to get out of a 48 month contract.

The till itself is fantastic, it looks ultra sleek and ultra modern, customers love it. And that is about it

Puntos en contra:

It was sold to me as a solution to me retail needs it certainly is not

Elizabeth
DJ en EE. UU.
Entretenimiento, 2-10 empleados

Almost Great...

4,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: My overall experience with clover has spanned from the creation of menus and items with sub menus and add ons for each item, as well as specials for days of the week as well as happy hour times to daily usage for pos transactions. Overall I have been very happy with everything, other than the need to set up account through bank, as I mentioned before.

I love how easy it is to use clover for grab and go, sit down service, or retail services. It is the only pos system I know of that is easy to use for one or all three of the above type of service. With one pos you can easily switch apps and have optimized layout and design for each of the above, while keeping the same items and menus/submenus.

Puntos en contra:

I dislike that it has to be used through your bank. It makes it really hard for management to have the ability to access customer support and full features, since most owners dont want their employees, even management, to have access to full banking info.

Managing Partner en EE. UU.
Comercio minorista, 51-200 empleados
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

An out of the box solution that works well for small business

4,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: Clover is an excellent and good looking choice for a small to medium size business in need of a reliable and cost effective solution. You will be pleased as I have been. The system offers quite a bit of integrations and once implemented you will be amazed at the power of this system. I wish we could have linked all stores together but we were only allowed three machines to link per location. Overall, an excellent POS!

I was in search for s POS for three thrift stores my nonprofit operated. The old cash register no longer fits the internal control environment and a switch was desperately needed. After researching multiple platforms I opted for Clover. The others were simply too expensive and too complex for our needs. The Clover system worked brilliantly and continues to power the sales desk at all three stores. Each store has three registers and we were able to link the three to the main server to aggregate totals for each store. Sales increased and customer satisfaction went up as well. Clover has a host of apps to integrate including inventory management, time and attendance, markdowns, and a customer loyalty program which was a hit with our customers. The Clover system is truly a remarkable POS for the price of entry. The sleek modern look keeps the cash wrap looking clean and updated. The Digital receipt and signature has cut down on paper waste and makes us feel like we are doing out part to create less stress on the environment. Overall this is a simple and powerful solution that powers millions in annual retail sales for the organization.

Puntos en contra:

The one setback is the operating system is Android. I find Android to be clunky and prone to security threats. We had to ensure we had it on a secure network and well protected by firewalls. Additionally it took some time to learn the system. Disclaimer- we operated on a complete iOS ecosystem until we bright on Clover. So not a big setback just more learning.

Rachel
Manager en EE. UU.

Too Simple without the Addition of Add-Ons

4,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: In our experience, clover has been nothing more than a fancy credit card reader. Our entire company runs through a third party app that manages clover from the other side. The only use clover has become to us is, to accept payment and we are currently looking into changing to a system that better suits our needs.

The aesthetic of the hardware fits on par with what is trending. The ability to utilize the barcode scanner is also nice.

Puntos en contra:

In order to run our business effectively we had to download so many third party apps to do what we had been doing for 30 years on an outdated system. It felt like a slap in the face as it was a turning point for us to upgrade all the systems only to find it was nearly useless for what we needed it to continue doing for us.

DUSTIN
owner en EE. UU.
Propiedad inmobiliaria, Trabajador autónomo

Alternativas consideradas:

Best platform out there for mobile payments

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I have had nothing but positives with Clover. It has streamlined my company's credit card processing and actually brought customers in because I accept cards.

The app is extremely easy to use and simplifies my mobile payment processing. I have tried at least five other companies/apps and Clover is by far the best. From the very beginning of a payment to emailing the receipt, Clover is extremely smooth and user freindly.

Puntos en contra:

It won't let me type my full company name.

Sylvia
Partner/Administration en

Clover Pos

3,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: From the pos system itself, we are multistore, so that is added complications for the clover system. On the register side, looking up customer names is complicated, you type the last name, but cannot enter the full name or it will not find it, so you enter the last name and have to scroll through the list of lets say 50 last name of smith, takes way to much time, and really difficult on the mini with the small screen. To increase quantity you have to go to another screen and then back again, more time, If one person does a price check by entering an item because a customer wants the total with tax, even though you delete the item, or clear open order, if a second sales person then logs in to check someone out the order still reads with the first person doing the sale even though they logged out. From the dashboard side, no ability to print many things such as transfer slips from HQ to the other 3 stores, once it is transferred it is on the screen until the store accepts the item in, after that the info is gone, and you cannot access for questions, etc. the lack of alphabetical order on many functions, the tax functions, if you use different tax rate for each of our 3 taxing authorities, as we did (and would prefer) say you have 10,000. in sales, 3 tax rates, when they are done separately the total income would then become 30,000.00, so many of the reports are not accurate as they read.

clover has been making some updates in the months since we have been using them, which have been good and helpful, but much is needed to make it functional for a multistore, without having to pay way to much monthly for apps to do things

Puntos en contra:

to get even what I would consider basic functions, purchase more apps that would raise the monthly cost out of reach, sometimes the apps will show different figures, when creating an item, for our multistore setting, I can create for all 4 locations at once, with name, label, category, cost, price, but the tax rate, I have to go into a different screen for each location and fix all tax rates, very time consuming

Lawrence
GM en EE. UU.
Comercio mayorista, 51-200 empleados

4,0 hace 5 meses

Comentarios: Trying to get the original set up support is terrible. You will spend hours on the phone on hold, then transferred to another line to start over waiting, only to be dropped and start over. I have had this experience every time we reactivate our machines. Billing is another issue. We use these on a seasonal and reactivation is a nightmare.

Nice user friendly once up and running.

Puntos en contra:

Inventory is hard to duplicate in all machines. When you download the template it has several errors when importing.

Jodi
Medspa Manager en EE. UU.

Great payment processing device

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Clover payment system has been really great for our spa. Really easy to run transactions, reports or refunds. The customer service has been knowledgeable and super friendly when we have had any issues.

It’s is super easy to take and track transactions. Has report capabilities And many functions. It is super easy to use. I have two different clover devices for different providers and they are all great.

Puntos en contra:

The software itself is wonderful. The only issue I have is with the flex portable device on/off button. It is on the side and client constantly hit the button when they are picking up to sign for a transaction. The button should be on back underneath where it can’t be accidentally touched.

Phil
Marketing Director en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Could be incredible, but appears to be more geared toward restaurants instead of retail

4,0 hace 5 meses

Comentarios: It's been okay. When something goes wrong, there can be a lot of runaround from different techs. There is a support number that we have to contact for technical issues, a different one for banking issues, and a third for issues with certain settings within the system. It would be helpful if there was one tech support contact instead of three. The main tech support doesn't usually seem to be very knowledgeable, and have to reach out to a specialist to figure out how to help most of the time.

Clover itself wouldn't be much more than a payment processing system if it wasn't for the many apps that you can add to make it work for your business. The catch is, most of the add on apps cost a monthly fee. The option to have these apps make Clover incredibly customizable to fit exactly what you need for your store. Overall, we still saved money switching to Clover from our previous company.

Puntos en contra:

The software seems to be geared more toward the restaurant industry. When we got it, we did so because it was supposed to be for all retail. We likely would not have gone this route if we had known what we do now, but we have made it work for a retail setting with the help of certain apps.

Francesco
President en EE. UU.

A No-brainer to be your perfect POS

5,0 hace 5 meses

Comentarios: The experience has been easy and helpful. Honestly compared to my last POS my overall stress levels have declined by 99%

Easy to set up and use, inventory management works very wells

Wish it integrated better with ecommerce platforms such as Shopify & Magento

NICHOLE
Office Manager en EE. UU.
Cuidado de la salud mental, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Easy to use and a lot of features

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: My overall experience has been good with Clover. They do have a lot of features we love like invoicing clients directly to their email (it does not track your invoices but it has a pay now button where your client can free type their own information and their payment info is directly emailed to the main user). I also like the modern look of the equipment. I wish the banks and clover had a more direct with each other relationship instead of putting me in the middle.

I like the ease of using Clover. Our office has a clover mini that we pass back and forth to the client and we use the virtual terminal for clients who wish to pay over the phone for their telehealth services. Clover also has an invoicing feature that has helped us greatly during this pandemic.

Puntos en contra:

The machines are costly and because we are on a contract changing your system as your business changes are not easily done. I am not sure if part of this is my bank but I am currently paying for a clover mini I am unable to transfer or switch. The communication between the bank and clover seems to be convoluted. I would make sure you choose a system that has the opportunity to change before 2 years.

Kelly
Barista/Cashier en EE. UU.
Alimentación y bebidas, 2-10 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Ideal POS system for a food truck.

4,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Overall a very positive experience! Great for foodservice and customer support has been able to quickly resolve issues whenever they came up.

The interface is clear, easily navigated and very editable to meet your needs. This has been ideal for our coffee truck that enjoys making custom, often complicated orders.

Puntos en contra:

"Waking up" the system is a slow process, often takes us somewhere between 5 to 10 minutes every morning. Most days we have to do a full reboot in order to get things operational.

Chenna
CEO en EE. UU.
Restaurantes, 11-50 empleados

Clover for restaurants

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Excellent in every possible way conceivable. We didn't have any major challenges during the last 2+ years of the usage.

Extremely easy to configure and change on the fly or on the internet, so, you don't have to be next to the machine to change or update anything. I can walk my Manager through this without any issues at all. The customer support is great. They are literally one call away. And anyone from the restaurant can call from the system, so, they don't have to provide any details on the account etc. Also, they can remotely log into the system directly and change things that we request, which is great, so, as a business owner I am not tied up to the system having to do everything myself.

Puntos en contra:

Some of the features need us to call the Clover Customer Support. Also, in the good old restaurant POS systems you can print the bill and the customer adds the tip manually on paper. Also, the system automatically prints Receipts even though we touch the No Receipt Printed option. They need to fix that to avoid the waste of paper.