Opiniones de Student Management

Valoraciones medias

• General
  • Atención al cliente

Sobre Student Management

Involucra tanto a los alumnos como a sus padres en las calificaciones del nivel K-12 (escolarización infantil, primaria y secundaria) con herramientas mejoradas de comunicación y automatización de la administración.

Descubre más sobre Student Management

Mostrando 95 opiniones

Leslie L.
Graduate Medical Education Resident Coordinator
Educación superior, 1001-5000 empleados
  • Publicado el 20/3/2018

"Awesome tool for teachers, students and parents"

Comentarios: Up-to-date information about my child's progress in school, missing assignments, grades on tests and projects. Especially my for high school student, this info can be hard to get from them and so many times you do not know about issues until it is too late. I open Skyward every night at the dinner table and we talk about grades, upcoming exams and papers. She knows I am looking and it helps her to stay on task.

Puntos a favor: There are so many functions in one place. Check grades, missing assignments, email teachers, lunch calendar, etc. Multiple children in a family can be easily accessed together.

Contras: When emailing a parent/teacher, they cannot respond back directly. I wish they could. It would make the line of communication more direct. But, at least they can read the message and respond back by another means.

por Skyward el 23/3/2018

Thanks so much for the kind words, Leslie! Regarding the con, there is an option in the message center to enable direct replies. You may want to talk to your Skyward administrator about turning that on if it would be beneficial.

• Publicado el 20/3/2018
John P.
Technology Director
  • Publicado el 11/2/2020

"QMLATIV is the most intuitive software!"

Comentarios: We're using it both Business and Student and it's just easy to use.

Puntos a favor: I have experience with pretty much every SIS in Wisconsin and Qmlativ is definitely the easiest to use. The intuitive nature of it makes it easy to get stuff done. The technical support is the best I've seen in the industry. Everyone is very knowledgeable and is kind.

Contras: I wish Skyward Business and Student are merged, but I know they're working on that. Still would be nice!

por Skyward el 14/2/2020

Thanks for your awesome review John. From the beginning, one of the main goals of Qmlativ was ease of use, so we are happy you are finding it to be intuitive.

• Publicado el 11/2/2020
Educación superior, 1001-5000 empleados
  • Publicado el 28/12/2018

"Skyward Educator Review"

Comentarios: Skyward has been great for me as a teacher. This year we had some scheduling issues with Skyward as an entire school but other than that it has provided all of the promised features and more for my school district.

Puntos a favor: Skyward is the software my company uses to track attendance,grades, student information and scheduling. This product is pretty easy to use for the most part. The dashboard of the main page can be used to navigate the system. It offers various button for attendance and grading. There are other functions this product offers that I do not have access to an a teacher. I like that I can put in my grades and apply specific grading critera with click of a button.
I also enjoy that I can look back at previous classes I have taught and previous gradebooks. Overall I like that Skyward intergrates with some of the other software programs that I use as well. This makes a teachers life easy.

Contras: Skyward has many positives as a teacher I do wish that it gave you the option to assign a 50 for all missing assignments in he gradebook as this is the way most schools are going. Other than that overall I think Skyward works well and provides schools with a decent platform for their needs.

• Publicado el 28/12/2018
Teresa B.
counseling secretary

"Skyward review"

Comentarios: This is my district's 7th year using Skyward. I am the counseling secretary in our high school and work in Student Management. I am also a security manager for our district. Honestly, when we made the transition to Skyward I was very unhappy. I didn't find Skyward to be very user friendly and I wasn't pleased with the customer support response time. Oftentimes I was unable to find a way to make Skyward do what I needed. However, as the years have passed, Skyward has made improvements to the program, I have learned the system better and the customer support live chat option is a huge timesaver. Now, I really enjoy using Skyward. I have the dubious distinction of being our district's "Skyward guru" and I believe I've learned a lot through exploration in my efforts to assist others. When I can't find answers, I know that help is only a live chat away! I would definitely recommend Skyward to other districts.

Puntos a favor: Possibly my favorite aspect of Skyward is the ability to dump data directly into Excel. This is a huge timesaver and allows me to manipulate, sort, share and utilize data as needed. I also like the ability to create reports based on my needs using Data Mining.

Contras: There are still a few things that I wish I could do in Skyward, that I can't, such as use activity groups to run certain reports/schedules. Occasionally, we experience what I call "Skyward quirks" when something doesn't work right one day, but it works the next. Recently, our library parapro ran a report and new that the info displayed wasn't wholly accurate. I checked her format and everything was good. I printed it with the same results. I cloned the report, changing nothing, and ran that and it was accurate. The next day her report worked properly again.

por Skyward el 20/1/2017

So glad we were able to grow together, Teresa, and turn a negative experience into such a positive one. Thank you for all you do to help your district get more out of Skyward.

Carlos C.
HR Associate
Administración educativa, 1001-5000 empleados
  • Publicado el 6/2/2020

"Skyward School Management Review"

Comentarios: Skyward is a fantastic program and quite simply I cannot imagine doing my job without it. It helps with decision making both at the school and admin level, giving decision-makers the data they need to get the job done.

Puntos a favor: *Skyward has an excellent report making system and it's practically limited by the creativity of the user. I have not experienced a case where there was not a report created for something I needed. Best of all reports can be shared by other users and you can learn a lot by how others use their reports. *Improve business process agility. *Enhanced decision making. *Surprisingly easy to teach.

Contras: Skyward has a very high learning curve. I would not recommend someone start using it without at least a couple of hours of training. I received 10 before starting it on the job and that was just scratching the surface. It's a complex program and users should be adequately trained for it. Managers need to know that it's not something can be self-taught. There are training manuals for it but it's best learned when trained by experience users.

por Skyward el 7/2/2020

Thank you for the great comments Carlos. We hear from a lot of customers who share your views on the value of our reports. As for the learning curve, we agree that training is critical to getting the most from Skyward and many customers tell us the investment they made in PD made their move to Skyward much smoother.

Connie K.
Food & Nutrition Service Administrative Assistant
Servicios para instalaciones, 51-200 empleados

"LOVE SKYWARD"

Comentarios: I have always loved this program once I started using it (2001?), it was PAC back then.
Like everything in life, skyward needs some tweeks:) That is why you have four stars, also if you were to get five stars then we wouldn't need you anymore and believe me there are times I need your help. That all said, I work with Food Service, there are a few tips & tricks I would love to learn from you. I wish you offered a one-on-one quick tip sessions to sign up for.

Puntos a favor: Easy to use, can do multiple windows to jump from one area to another is huge!

Contras: Food Service application letter set up:(

por Skyward el 13/1/2017

Hi Connie, thank you so much for the kind words! It was a nice trip down memory lane to see your PaC reference. Regarding those quick "tips and tricks" training sessions, keep checking in at skyward.com/quickhits and skyward.com/academy for relevant training and resources. We're always looking to deliver a better experience, so you can be sure site visits and localized training sessions are things we are considering as we look to the future.

Amy S.
Educación primaria/secundaria, 10.001+ empleados
  • Publicado el 6/2/2020

"Preferred Grade Input Software"

Comentarios: I liked Skyward a lot! It wasn't the most user-friendly software that I've used, but there are definitely some integrations it is capable of that a lot of school softwares don't have.

Puntos a favor: One of my favorite things about Skyward was the ease that went into transferring grades if a student was moved from one class to another. I've worked at multiple schools and used multiple softwares for grade input/attendance/etc., and this was definitely the best for that.

Contras: Honestly, my least favorite thing was the overall appearance. Web design has come so far, but the aesthetic of Skyward is lackluster, to say the least. It could definitely look better.

por Skyward el 10/2/2020

We appreciate your great review Amy. Ease of use has always been a priority and we're very proud of all the partnerships we've built to help make our customers' lives easier. As for the interface, one of the goals in developing our new Qmlativ platform was to update the design and navigation to not only make it look better, but also improve the overall experience for users.

Brian P.
Mathematics Specialist
Administración educativa, 5001-10.000 empleados
  • Publicado el 11/12/2019

"So much potential! "

Comentarios: I use skyward as an Assistant Principal at a High School. I am constantly looking up where students are to pull them. Constantly looking at there grade, attendance and contact information.

Puntos a favor: -You can input almost anything into a student's profile and easily find what you are looking for.
-You can run numerous reports on anything. However, you have to know exactly what you want and how to do it. You will have to get training or read up on it.
-Easy for parents and students to view on your phone.
-Numerous options for attendance. Absent, Tardy, walked out, didn't come back from lunch, skipped, truant, doctor, excused, and about 20 more. The only one it doesn't have is absent because more than 15 minutes late.

Contras: -There is no easy way to print student grades, schedules and absences. It's not hard, but it's a lot of steps. Find the schedule, print the schedule to PDF, open the PDF, and then finally print the PDF. Attendance and grades are exported to excel and then you have to change the format to print on one page. Like I said, it's not hard, but why can't you just hit print.
-When searching for a student with a common name, sometimes the system doesn't show all of them.
-It does not tell you a student's current grade. It will show you T1, T2 and S1. T1 and T2 are the progress reports and S1 is the semester average, but it doesn't show the most current.

por Skyward el 16/12/2019

Thanks for your feedback Brian. Getting input from our users is a priority at Skyward and we invite you to join our User Research Panel by visiting the Support area of our website.

• Publicado el 11/12/2019
Lindsey W.
Customer Service Rep
Contabilidad, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 25/2/2020

"Excellent Source"

Comentarios: Overall extremely happy with this application. I highly recommend that every parent who has a child in school use this app.

Puntos a favor: I enjoy using this software because I get to track my children's grades and progress daily! Report cards and progress reports are posted on here as well, so if my child ever "forgets" to bring it home, I can always look it up

Contras: There is nothing about the Skyward application that I do not like. Everything about it is easy to use!

por Skyward el 28/2/2020

Thanks for the great review Lindsey. We're so glad the Skyward app is helping you stay connected with what's happening at school.

• Publicado el 25/2/2020
Michael L.
  • Publicado el 29/2/2020

"Skyward in the Classroom"

Comentarios: Skyward was reliable and fairly easy to use for the day to day functions of a classroom.

Puntos a favor: I enjoyed the simplicity of everyday use for attendance and entering grades. I also enjoyed the connectivity from administrators to teachers.

Contras: I didn’t enjoy the complexity of grades for midterms and report cards. It took a while to enter all comments and run the report.

por Skyward el 2/3/2020

We appreciate your feedback Michael. Making sure Skyward is easy to use remains a top priority with our product team.

• Publicado el 29/2/2020
Jacque D.
Data Management Coordinator
Educación primaria/secundaria, 201-500 empleados
  • Publicado el 16/1/2017

"Long-Time User"

Comentarios: I have used Skyward for many years, so I have seen it evolve. I will tell you this; you get what you pay for. Skyward is top-of-the-line! It will not always be the least expensive software, but it is more than worth the cost!! The software definitely helps customers work smarter not harder. With many of us wearing different hats, we need to find all of the time-saving opportunities we can; Skyward makes that happen! Skyward has many ways to get to the same information, so the ease of use is really in the end-user's hands. There is a plethora of shortcuts that Skyward has provided for the end-user, so no need to get bogged down trying to find programs/areas. Their Customer Service is top-notch. I have never had an issue that was not solved in a timely manner. They are wonderful! I could go on and on where Skyward is concerned. I not only love the software, but I like that the fact that Cliff King and the entire company has a focus on nothing but schools. They are truly concerned about the customer feedback, and they use that to make the software better (although I think it's pretty close to perfect now)!

Puntos a favor: The flexibility and multiple ways to achieve the end results we are looking for.

Contras: None!

por Skyward el 16/1/2017

Thanks so much for the kind words, Jacque, and congratulations on your well-deserved recognition as a Leader in Excellence for 2017!

• Publicado el 16/1/2017
Sarah N.
teacher
Educación primaria/secundaria, 201-500 empleados
  • Publicado el 4/7/2019

"Skyward-Great for Grades and Absences"

Puntos a favor: I like the quick score button on this software. When you click it, it opens up the grade sheet for every assignment in that class. This makes it easier to grade multiple assignments and update them easily and in a timely manner. If I didn't have this tool/button, it would take much longer for me to update grades.

Contras: I wish that I could see the entire title of each assignment when looking at my class for my grades. Currently, I can see the beginning of the assignment title and the total amount of points it is worth. For example, if the title of my assignment is Science World News Page 5, it may show up on the grade sheet as simply Sci W. This is to save space, but I would rather it shows the entire name. I have some assignments that have the same name, but specify parts by stating page numbers. This would make it easier for me to grade.

por Skyward el 12/12/2019

Thank you so much for sharing your comments Sarah. It's always great to hear from teachers about the ways Skyward saves time and makes your life a little easier.

• Publicado el 4/7/2019
Dena H.
ACCOUNTING CLERK
Administración educativa, 501-1000 empleados
  • Publicado el 7/10/2019

"EXCELLENT SCHOOL SOFTWARE"

Comentarios: We have to keep detailed records on everything from students to the financial. This software does it all. It allows multiple people to see the same data and manipulate it, all while having secure separate log-ins. It keeps all the data, runs all reports and keeps logs of who has done what and when.

Puntos a favor: Skyward keeps all of the records and any information that you can possibly want to report, accessible at your fingertips.

Contras: The annual cost is a little much, not sure how it compares to other school softwares. It takes some training to use. If you know computers and how they work, it will be a snap. I did not find it very intuitive.

por Skyward el 10/10/2019

Thanks for the review Dena. We are always looking for ways to make our software more intuitive. If you haven't already done so, we encourage you to sign up for our User Research Panel so you can have more input on the future development of our products. If interested, check out the Support area of our website for more details. Thanks again!

• Publicado el 7/10/2019
Scott H.
Database Support Specialist
  • Publicado el 20/1/2017

"Responsive company with top notch software"

Comentarios: Skyward has been our SIS for 10 years now and while many districts have switched SIS systems every few years, we have remained happy customers. The main reason for this happiness? The company is very responsive to the input from their customers. Because of being responsive to that input, Skyward has been able to create an extremely flexible system that allows for many different scenarios for how schools operate. The future is bright, and we know even more great things are coming from the company.

Puntos a favor: Flexibility and the frequency of updates to the software

Contras: Navigation can be burdensome for those who have system-wide security access. This is just due to the amount of features that are available, but not much of a problem for end users as they only have access to what they actually need.

por Skyward el 27/1/2017

Thanks so much, Scott! We promise not to settle for mediocrity in anything and we're thankful for all the insights from you and the rest of the Skyward community.

Whitney B.
Business Office Assistant
Administración educativa, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 5/12/2019

"AMAZING!!!!!!!"

Comentarios: I HAVE REALIZED THAT TIMES HAVE CHANGED FOR CHILDREN IN SCHOOL NOW BECAUSE THEY CAN'T TRICK THEIR PARENTS INTO THINKING THAT THEY HAVEN'T RECEIVED THEIR REPORT CARDS BECAUSE OF THE SKYWARD SCHOOL MANAGEMENT APP.

Puntos a favor: I LOVE THAT SCHOOLS OFFER SKYWARD TO PARENT SO THAT THEY CAN KEEP UP WITH THEIR CHILDREN'S HOMEWORK AND CLASS WORK AS WELL AS ALLOWING PARENTS TO ADD MONEY TO THEIR KIDS LUNCH ACCOUNTS. YOU CAN SEE YOUR CHILD/CHILDREN'S GRADES AS WELL AS WHICH ASSIGNMENTS THEY ARE MISSING. YOU CAN ALSO SEE HOW MANY QUESTIONS THEY MISSED ON A QUIZ OR TEST. IT ALSO ALLOWS YOU TO HAVE MORE THAN ONE CHILD LISTED AND THEY ALL CAN BE AT DIFFERENT SCHOOLS. AMAZING!!!!!

Contras: There isn't anything that I don't like about this software. It is the best thing that they have created.

por Skyward el 9/12/2019

Thank you so much for the great comments Whitney. We're so glad that you are enjoying a positive experience with Skyward's Family Access.

• Publicado el 5/12/2019
Krista G.
  • Publicado el 30/12/2019

"Easy for teachers to use! "

Comentarios: I have used Skyward for both student management and employee access for personal work data. It makes day today task easier and I like having access to important information when needed.

Puntos a favor: I like how Skyward makes everyday tasks like taking attendance easy or checking attendance history. I also like the availability to gather student information from their profiles when needed.

Contras: I don’t like how the app version doesn’t allow you to view detailed information like the computer software does. I wish the two mirrored each other better.

por Skyward el 2/1/2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us Krista. We take great pride in the role users play in the evolution of our products. If you haven't done so already, I urge you to consider signing up for our User Research Panel which you can access from the Support area of our website.

• Publicado el 30/12/2019
Crystal G.
Special Education Teacher
  • Publicado el 8/3/2018

"I am parent user for this program and I find it to be easy to use and easy to understand."

Puntos a favor: I like that I can choose how I want my screen to look and can choose the information presented. I am able to toggle between all of the different pages easily and efficiently. I can access my child's information st the click of a finger. Additionally, I can access pertinent school and district information. I prefer this program to PowerSchool, as a parent user. I have access to more information faster and easier.

Contras: I have had no real problems with this program so far. It has served my needs as a parent. I only struggled with the initial login, due to a bit of s glitch in the system, but that was all worked out.

por Skyward el 19/3/2018

Thanks for the positive review, Crystal. We're so happy you are enjoying a better experience with Skyward!

• Publicado el 8/3/2018
Kolby R.
Assistant Director
Educación superior, 5001-10.000 empleados
  • Publicado el 30/9/2019

"I LOVE SKYWARD"

Comentarios: Overall, when my children graduate, I will have a hard time adjusting to not using it anymore. It has kept me on top of their education and I will recommend that all parents who have access please use it.

Puntos a favor: I love everything about Skyward. My school district has everything linked and when teachers use it to its full potential it is helpful to a parent that has multiple students to check on and communicate updates about. It has been the one thing that has kept me in contact with teachers over the years of using it.

Contras: There are few if any things I do not like about the software. I appreciate that it can be easily navigated.

por Skyward el 1/10/2019

Thanks for the kind words Kolby. It's always great to hear directly from parents who use Skyward.

• Publicado el 30/9/2019
Davida P.
Data & Applictions System Specialist

"Top of the Line"

Comentarios: I always describe Skyward as a top of the line SIS. Skyward has been wonderful to work with and an asset to our district. We love giving our staff one stop shopping for data. We also know our parents and students have come to rely on Family/Student Access for up-to-date information. We find the system easy to use and has features and functionality that is always on the cutting edge.

Puntos a favor: Very easy to use for all levels. Skyward holds an abundant amount of data so we can use it in my areas in the school district.

Contras: There is sometimes a longer wait then expected to hear from customer service.

por Skyward el 13/1/2017

Hi Davida, thank you for the kind words and for all the amazing things you are doing in Walled Lake! We'll keep working to deliver a better experience both in the product and in the support we offer for it.

Patti D.
Secretary
  • Publicado el 24/2/2017

"Patti St. Charles High School"

Comentarios: When my district converted to Skyward, some of the training sessions were not as informative as we would have liked. Now that we are a few years into using the software, most of us have come to appreciate all that can be done. It continues to be a learning process. Many of the "features & functions" are real time savers.

Puntos a favor: Reports that are time savers.

Contras: Some settings are at deep levels that are difficult to find and use.

por Skyward el 24/2/2017

Glad to hear you're saving time with Skyward, Patti! We have a number of training and development resources available that might help with the learning curve. Check out https://www.skyward.com/discover/educator-newsletter-blog/july-2015/know-your-skyward-training-options

• Publicado el 24/2/2017
Amanda H.
Cafeteria Mananger
Alimentación y bebidas, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 18/9/2018

"The Sky is the limit with Skyward"

Comentarios: Skyward School Management has been a very positive change for our district. We switched a couple of years ago and since then it is easier for us to manage debt on lunch accounts and easier for me as a parent to stay on top of things like this.

Puntos a favor: I like how easily accessible Skyward is for parents to keep track of student expenses. Not only can parents easily add money to and watch student's lunch accounts, they can also easily pay fees online and very quickly. In a matter of seconds, I am able to add lunch money to my child's lunch account.

Contras: There is nothing I dislike about this software.

por Skyward el 20/9/2018

Thanks for the kind words, Amanda! We're more than happy to help.

• Publicado el 18/9/2018
Kate C.
Media Specialist
  • Publicado el 30/1/2019

"Excellent program for student management"

Comentarios: I am not the secretary at our school, so I don't get into as much detail with this software as she does, however I do use Skyward on a daily basis. For the information I need about students, this program works very well for me. I am pleased with the organization of information.

Puntos a favor: The organization of this software is something I really like. I can get on the program without having too much user knowledge and find what I am looking for. I think it has a wonderful array of information options for our students' profiles. This is a user friendly software.

Contras: I use this software every day and for the level of use, I don't have any negative issues.

• Publicado el 30/1/2019
Technology Integration Specialist
  • Publicado el 17/2/2019

"A Decent SIS For The Money"

Comentarios: Overall the Skyward system lets us do the things we need to do with student data. This information is very invaluable to our district so the system is used heavily. It does what it advertises.

Puntos a favor: The Skyward system allows our corporation to enroll and schedule students with ease. The reporting feature has been invaluable to my own job. There are so many facets to this software that you can do just about anything.

Contras: The user interface is somewhat outdated. They released a more web friendly version a while back but it had the same problems. In a world of student information systems though, it is on par with most other ones.

• Publicado el 17/2/2019
Jeffrey L.
HR Specialist
Administración educativa, 501-1000 empleados
  • Publicado el 18/7/2017

"Skyward is a very easy and comprehensive system for school districts."

Comentarios: It took an old outdated system that was previously used and brought the school district back into the modern age.

Puntos a favor: There is a lot that can be accomplished through Skyward. You can track students, finance, and human resource functions. Each module is very easy to use and they are willing to work with you to assist in making changes and upgrades to their products.

Contras: Sometimes the functionality is a little rough, but the programmers have been making constant upgrades to the system and new updates come out all the time.

por Skyward el 18/7/2017

Thanks so much, Jeffrey. We appreciate your advocacy and promise to keep working toward a better experience every time.

• Publicado el 18/7/2017
Chad M.
  • Publicado el 1/2/2018

"Generally good software to manage student information."

Puntos a favor: It has a comprehensive set of features that allow student management. From the teacher side the data is fairly easy to view and input of the gradebook and attendance is relatively easy.

Contras: It is somewhat difficult to learn. There are many variables that can confuse teachers in creating gradebooks and in accessing information. The reports are not particularly intuitive to use.

por Skyward el 2/2/2018

Thanks for the kind words, Chad! If you ever find yourself helping new teachers learn the system, we have some resources available at https://www.skyward.com/support/quick-hits/teacher and https://www.skyward.com/teachers.

• Publicado el 1/2/2018