Opiniones de Xeams

Media de valoraciones

• General
  • Atención al cliente

Sobre Xeams

Un servidor de correo electrónico con un potente motor integrado de filtrado de mensajes y de correo no deseados que elimina hasta el 99 % del correo no deseado tras la instalación.

Descubre más sobre Xeams

Mostrando 74 opiniones

Marlin H.
Marlin H.
Systems Administrator
Producción de alimentos, 51-200 empleados

"Spam Buster"

Comentarios: Takes the filtering out of my day and makes it to where I don't have to worry about my company getting spammed or taken advantage of with frivolous offers.

Ventajas: What I really like about the product is that it's very easy to set up on any machine and very easy to administer. You set it up, set up the right parameters and bam, you are good to go. Within a few days to a few weeks, it starts learning and making improvements on emails coming in. It's really good at finding spam and filtering out the good emails, otherwise, I'd have to deal with 70k messages a month with only a quarter being legit.

Desventajas: There isn't really much to say other than they do need to expand a bit on how the product licensing works but overall, even then, it's not a con. I only say this because it does get a bit confusing but overall, it's not bad once you read their documentation and take the time to understand it.

Ed E.
HCS Leader
Seguridad informática y de redes, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 18/11/2019

"Best Spam Filter for the buck"

Comentarios: The support and software is above par. The best we have had at the least bang for the most performance.

Ventajas: We were the first paying subscriber as we found that this solution could handle the spam load and keep running without any issues.

Desventajas: Sometimes with updates sometimes new features get added that change things. Mostly for the better but once in awhile something gets added and we end up calling support as it seems not quite ready yet for implementation.

• Publicado el 18/11/2019
Yannick F.
Administrateur Système
Tecnología y servicios de la información, Trabajador autónomo

"Xeams"

Comentarios: Overall, the app meets my needs. Actually, it allows me to filter 25 accounts.

Ventajas: Feature Cluster, Active Directory, Let's Encrypt.

Desventajas: Message Search / Message Cache Days => It does not work properly, confusing setting.
Interface only available in English

por Synametrics Technologies el 11/11/2019

Thank you for comments. I would recommend you contact our support department regarding the Message Search and Cache Days related problem you're having. I am sure they will be able to resolve it.

Rod S.
Owner/CEO
Redes informáticas, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 21/6/2021

"Xeams fills the gap while giving limited email platforms, incredible diversity and features."

Ventajas: Thanks so much [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! I can't stress enough just how awesome Xeams is!
Not just the product but equally, the entire team behind it.
Xeams general response and support is like nothing that exists in today's IT world. It is very much appreciated so again, thanks for solving yet another email server limitation with Xeams. It has literally been a saviour for us!

Desventajas: The product is SO Powerful and with this comes intricacies. While the UI is good, there is plenty of room to "simplify" some of the features. If you come across a need that you think Xeams can not provide, I highly recommend calling or reaching out to them prior to writing it off. Xeams has features that work in many many ways and can be applied in layers to accomplish most things. Some are not even documented.

• Publicado el 21/6/2021
Justin P.
technical analyst

"Small Business Overview"

Comentarios: Been great, and a few years ago we had some real issues with users losing emails that the support team was able to help us out with.

Ventajas: Easy to implement and easy to teach users to log in, update any info, etc.

Desventajas: Just the curve it takes to have your spam filter in the sweet spot where you aren't monitoring it as closely day to day

David G.
Systems Engineer
Servicios financieros, 201-500 empleados
  • Publicado el 19/11/2019

"Easy and intuitive email server"

Comentarios: Overall we are very happy with our choice to use this product. We had a very large challenge with name resolution and email of our parent company and it very much solved our problems. For this I am very grateful.

Ventajas: The easy dashboard makes this product easy to use even for admins not too familiar with email products. Their support is fantastic. You cant ask for anything better when it comes to their support. The filtering capabilities of this product are excellent too. Probably the best reason for buying the product.

Desventajas: I wish it had Active directory log in capability for the admin console so you could have some auditing capability of who made the changes.

• Publicado el 19/11/2019
Rocky R.
IT Manager
Maquinaria, 51-200 empleados

"Xeams Email Filtering"

Comentarios: I have used Xeams for 4 years now. There is a reason why I stick with it. It works for our needs.

Ventajas: I really like the amount of customization you can do to it. You can really tailor to the businesses needs.

Desventajas: Some features that you would think would be available are not. There are some aspects that are not user friendly.

Paul C.
Hotelier
Hostelería, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 27/3/2019

"Greatest way to save my time dealing with emails"

Comentarios: Having used Exchange server for 20 years this is the BEST spam email filter / email server ever.
I am slowly thinking of moving away from exchange. the more i use this software the more i am impressed and told other companies to trial it. Support are brilliant despite me being in the UK and xeams in the USA its never been a problem too small for them to help.
Xeams saves me a lot of time and can concentrate on my business more than ever now.

Ventajas: Before xeams we had to filter 500+ emails a day to find out which email was a valid customer enquiry and which was spam. The fact it captures 99% of spam and can easily flag new spammers and it learns is priceless. the suspect spam report that we get every 3 hours is 2nd to none.
Marking any emails that we send out as valid so the replies don't get caught in spam is perfect.
The support the team have given me over the installation and upgrade are invaluable.

Desventajas: Nothing at the moment, but when i do have an idea/suggestion or problem it's addressed and workarounds or implemented in the upcoming versions.
I would like a contacts list and or calendar like our exchange server but it's not crucial as we still use exchange server.

Senior Vice President
Servicios financieros, 201-500 empleados
  • Publicado el 9/11/2019

"All In One Solution For Startup"

Comentarios: The customer support is wonderful, very professional, & prompt in their response and making sure your questions are answered as soon as possible and in making sure fully answered.

Ventajas: The fact that this software has everything in one if needed, or can integrate into being just a go between front end, or back end if that is what you require. For me, it was helpful that it had a one stop solution all in one support from start to finish on my personal website and domain that with simply the administrator account alone filled in many loose ends to bringing together the loose ends to really show as a reputable online presence with having my own email server tied to my personal domain

Desventajas: It has taken some time to play around with the functions and finding some free alternatives such as rollnet to provide backend functionality until I switched internet providers which didn’t block port 25 in requiring an alternate SMTP front end.

• Publicado el 9/11/2019
Gerald H.

"Excellent Spam Eliminator"

Comentarios: Overall, the system is great. My company has recommended and helped implement 6 other Xeams installations for our clients.

Ventajas: Accuracy in identifying spam. Very seldom make mistakes (false positive or false negative).

Desventajas: Requires logging into the portal to reclassify emails (false positive or false negative). The developers should provide a more efficient means of reclassifying an email.

Nicholas E.
I.T.
Seguridad informática y de redes, 2-10 empleados

"Great Spam Filter"

Comentarios: We use the free option as we are an micro-company with only a couple users. Our email had become overrun with spam as it's a 15 year old email address that has been published on websites. We started using Xeams when it was entirely free. There was a plan to require everyone to pay for the service, which for the filtering it provides is fair. It did feel a bit of a bait-and-switch and after some backlash, the creators decided to offer a free community version for people who like us, have but 2 email addresses. You do need to spend time clearly specifying rules to get the best out of the system, however after tuning (which we still do), I get almost 0 spam mail delivered to my inbox. We get aprox 100 messages per day that Xeams catches and sends to the spam folder. We use it as an incoming proxy for Exchange, so it also provides an extra layer of security as far as that goes. Guides were available explaining how to setup/integrate it with our Exchange server, Xeams acting as a proxy.

Ventajas: The web interface is easy to use. It's easy to add rules, and you can craft just about any possible rule you'd like and specify a response to that rule.

Desventajas: After updates sometimes system will crash - we won't know the spam filter is down until some time passes and we notice we've not received any new messages.

Ananias F.
CTO
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 26/9/2019

"Xeams is awseome!"

Comentarios: Spam was a big throuble to us, when enable xeams, its easy to work and support our users. For now, we are using as Outgoing SMTP only since Proxmox Mail Gateway offer more than Xeams in OpenSource edition and have a better support, forum and better license cost.

Ventajas: Single to install, use and maintenance. A great platform to manage email gateway with good integration, as OpenLDAP and Ms Active Directory.

Desventajas: Poor forum (design, responses, infromations), Very limited free options and customization reports are very complicated or limited.

por Synametrics Technologies el 30/9/2019

Thank you very much for your feedback. Could you please tell us a few features you see missing in Xeams but are there in Proxmox.

As far as support goes, we offer free support (telephone, email and forum) even for community edition.

• Publicado el 26/9/2019
Vaughn A.
IT Consultant
Seguridad informática y de redes, 2-10 empleados

"Small Business Go To"

Comentarios: As a consultant for a number of small businesses with few employees, the business needs to focus on day-to-day functions and not have to sift through the large quantities of spam that is invading our communication space and still let the valuable emails through. Xeams is the right answer allowing the user to decide which are the emails they want to receive by white-listing the emails. In three of my install cases, we are seeing 80-85% stop rate on spam and frustration calls from clients have been reduced from 4-5 per week to 1 or 2 a month. Great job Xeams!

Ventajas: The configuration of this software for old-school in-house email servers is very simple yet has all the features to make a robust spam detection system. File organization is intuitive and easy to customize. This software just works.

Desventajas: I started using this software as a solution for small businesses to utilize a free spam detection utility. It was disappointing to see the open-source usage move to a pay-to-play but it is understandable that to keep the software active and up to date. pricing could be a little lower for long-time users

Kevin L.
Internet, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 15/11/2019

"Review"

Comentarios: Over all we have used Xeams for a few years and we are content with it. Its features match its pricing and is fairly easy to use.

Ventajas: I like the software seems stable and customers do like the daily emails about blocked traffic. But they do get confused thinking they are still receiving these emails even though those emails do not reach their inbox. Up dates are regular and software is stable.

Desventajas: I would like to see more customization themes to match our company. Green is not part of our company color schemes. I think that the spam AI could be better as quite a few emails do not get through and some unwanted mail gets through. Also the Xeams service crashes some times and will not restart on its own even though its set to in windows services. We use to use Smarter mail they have an amazing anti spam AI that seems to work perfect and blocks exactly what you want and you revive exactly what you want. But you also pay much more for it than Xeams that is why we switched.

• Publicado el 15/11/2019
Chris O.
Telecomunicaciones, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 22/11/2019

"Great for backing up emails from online email providers. I use to back up Gmail and Aol mail."

Comentarios: Xeams allows me to have a business presence and I finally figured out how to setup POP Fetcher that the support staff could not setup for me, so now I am backing up Gmail and AOL on my server and I get the benefit of the spam filters, and since I also figured out how to connect CLAM AV I get a virus checker also.

Ventajas: Anti Spam and Virus filter.
I have found several attacks that gmai and AOL missed

Desventajas: That the unlimited version was not grandfathered for users that had it prior to making it a paid version.
Having a WEB client to view mail in the mail box would be nice.

• Publicado el 22/11/2019
William D.
IT Director
Servicios para el consumidor, 11-50 empleados

"License vs. "free""

Comentarios: The reduction in SPAM, etc. is on par with other paid for services. Server services resource demand is fairly light overall.

Ventajas: Powerful if you are willing to dig in and tweak. Out of the box works well, over time gets better and better. Paid for value is good, a big difference from running unlicensed. I think that with effort, I stress that, the unlicensed version could be just as proficient. The time saved by purchasing licenses is worth it to me. Tech support is responsive. I like having in house control of my IT services.

Desventajas: Unless you are a full time email guru the documentation could be a bit more illuminating. A virtual configuration tutorial A->Z to show everything that should be done as a basic example focusing on the less obvious options would be good. I think it is all there in the documentation but if you don't know to look for it.... I don't generally have time to read an entire manual before I implement. May say more about me though.

James C.
I.T Manager
Transporte/transporte en camión/ferrocarril, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 8/11/2019

"Feature rich and easy to use"

Comentarios: We can be a little more confident that emails that could literally bring to company to a halt are stopped in their tracks.
Also the end user gets a daily report saying what potential spam has been stopped, we have it set so they need to contact our IT department to have any messages they think they need from that report released. This then offers another level of security as those suspect messages would be reviewed by our IT support first.

Ventajas: The ease of configuration and the speedy support you get.
It is very good at learning what is spam and what is not, It shields the company and the end user from potential risk.
Options like the Sandbox and the reports are a nice feature as well as the ease at which you can review and release emails.

Desventajas: I would be nice if the antivirus aspect was just built in rather than having to install and maintain that separate but that is only a minor negative.

Paul C.
The Boss
  • Publicado el 7/11/2019

"Greatest way to save my time dealing with emails"

Comentarios: Sounds over the top - but in all my years using spam software i love this one and is a pleasure to work with and the staff are brilliant - even with the time difference as I am in the UK

Ventajas: The speed and ease of use and to be able to admin/use it remotely also

Desventajas: Nothing much as usually most things I adress are sorted but there is 1 annoying one i am having.
if i view an email in spam and it's too wide, there are no slide bars or pinch and zoom available when using my mobile device ( please correct me if i am doing something wrong)

Josh J.
Enterprise Architect
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 8/11/2019

"Just what we needed for an in house mail hygiene solution."

Ventajas: A great on prem solution for anti-spam. The most cost effect product on the market that is very effective at detecting spam messages. Rapid response technical support.

Desventajas: A lot of manual effort to white list legitimate mail that is incorrectly identified as spam.

John C.
System Admin
Tecnología y servicios de la información, Trabajador autónomo

"Long time user"

Comentarios: Great application and have been happy with it for a number of years.

Ventajas: Software works very well blocking most spam. I have been using it as my front end to my Linux servers postfix server and both work great together. I am using it for home use, but for a small to medium size company I would have no issues deploying this solution.

Desventajas: Licensing is a little too much if I had to add another family member. Free forum support is ok, but having no back ground with paid support, I am not sure how well it would work.

Gerald H.
  • Publicado el 11/11/2019

"The Best Spam Eliminator"

Comentarios: I have recommended Xeams to dozens of my clients and installed it on their mail servers. It has eliminated 99% of all my spam and my clients are very satisfied with their results as well. It takes a few days (7 - 10) to train the Bayesian learner, but if you are diligent in identifying false positives and negatives during the initial training period, the software accuracy is great. Every correction increases the accuracy. I receive at most 3 false identifications per week. I will continue to use it and recommend it to my clients.

Ventajas: The installation and configuration is extremely easy. The accuracy is the best in the industry.

Desventajas: Initial set up the filter rules, but, unfortunately, it must be done. Due to the nature of my business. I have a lot of abnormal rules.

• Publicado el 11/11/2019
Michael H.
Servicios de información, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 12/11/2019

"The power and features you need"

Comentarios: As a smaller IT company that does a little hosting on the side, we need to find ways to make our money stretch. The one time I had questions of tech support, they exceeded my expectations of turnaround time and the knowledge they shared explaining.

Ventajas: Xeams is easy to install and has an option to fit any need you have. It has saved me hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars in productivity at a price point that doesn't break the bank. Setup didn't take long to be up and doing its job. Understanding its functionality was a breeze to a less than knowledgeable person.

Desventajas: When they changed to a paid product on user count. I was on top of the world when it was free, but I understand the need to change. Wish I'd have found them sooner!!

• Publicado el 12/11/2019
Eric W.
Senior Systems Engineer
Inalámbrico, 11-50 empleados
  • Publicado el 30/9/2019

"Xeams for filtering SPAM email"

Ventajas: The flexibility of this software is high. It can be configured as a SPAM filter only or as a full email server. It can also act as a secondary email server.

Desventajas: Some of the configuration parameters are not explained very well. I had to dig around in the forums to find answers to some of my questions and some could not be answered without contacting customer support.

por Synametrics Technologies el 4/10/2019

Hi Eric!

Thanks so much for your feedback. We'd love to get a bit more insight into the issues you are having with the configuration parameters so we can help you and others with an easy and efficient solution. Feel free to send us a screenshot of any issues or questions you have regarding this and we will get back to you!

Best Regards,
Synametrics Sales Team
sales@synametrics.com

• Publicado el 30/9/2019
Eric P.
Computer technician

"Antispam functionnality"

Ventajas: This product is very stable, very user friendly after a couple of times you use it.
Very quick, many customization

Desventajas: Sometimes, there's an update on the engine and we have to reboot it

Pavle L.
  • Publicado el 17/11/2019

"Integration and transparency"

Comentarios: As it is used for personal and family business it exceeds my needs and feels like premium and well maintained product.

Ventajas: - As Multi Platform software it is unified for setup, which was easy and straight forward
- Good filtering options for both beginners and Advanced users/administrators
- Ability to install on QNAP NAS which makes it transparent and easy to maintain

Desventajas: - Subscription policy as I use it in small company up to 10 Users where higher license was needed. A more dynamic busniss plan would be more welcome

• Publicado el 17/11/2019