Sobre GhostPractice

Legal practice management software for trust accounting, billing, time tracking, case management, document management and more.

Descubre más sobre GhostPractice

4,9
Funciones
Relación calidad-precio

Probabilidad de recomendación

GhostPractice tiene una valoración global de 4,9 estrellas sobre 5 según las 10 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

Filtrar opiniones (10)

Jonathon B.
Jonathon B.
Coach and Advisor en Canadá

Alternativas consideradas:

Does what it says it does on the box!

5 el año pasado

Comentarios: We are very happy with GhostPractice. Simple. It is a tool that reliably works, allows us to get on with our job and gets out of the way. What more do you want?

What I like most about GhostPractice is that it does what it is supposed to do without any drama. Most of the practice management software packages sell themselves on enhancing efficiency. But GhostPractice is the first one that we have encountered that does that - no fuss, no muss. I also have to add that our experience with installation, data migration, training, support, etc., has been great. Again, no fuss, no muss.

Puntos en contra:

If GhostPractice has any weak points or areas where it could improve, I would identify the GUI as something that some users may find a little off-putting, simply because it seems a little out-of-date. A bit of a face-lift wouldn't go amiss but it works fine as-is. I would also add that the terminology that is sometimes used in GhostPractice belies its developmental origins in South Africa; they could work on being more market-neutral in that regard. Finally, perhaps a slightly better/tighter integration with Outlook. Again, GhostPractice works well with Microsoft but making it even more seamless would be great.

Jamie-lyn H.
Jamie-lyn H.
Manager of Operations en Canadá

Excellent Support Team!

5 el año pasado

Comentarios: Our integration week occurred during the first COVID lockdown in Ontario, so we probably weren't a typical install. It made things a little harder to get staff to adapt to the software, but I think now that we are up and running and almost a year into things, the staff are adapting well. Their support and training teams have been a huge asset to us when we've run into issues.

The ease of finding information and being able to generate reports instantaneously. Having used previous software where it would take almost a day to generate some reports, this is a huge timesaver. It is also nice to have a place to save all of our file documentation and have it at the tip of our fingertips instead of pulling a paper file. The GhostPractice integration with Conveyancer/Unity is also a huge asset. Not having to manually enter the dockets is a huge timesaver, especially with our busy real estate practice.

Puntos en contra:

There are a few features we would like to see improved. 1. The ability to save PDFs directly to a file instead of having to save them to a folder on the computer first. 2. The ability to have the file owner automatically designated as the split fee earner on the file (with the ability to change this if need be).

Dawn M.
Executive Assistant/Law Clerk en Canadá

GhostPractice

4 el año pasado

Comentarios: GhostPractice allows our local account clerk, as well as our Controller, to create all necessary monthly and yearly reports from one application. We find that GP does what is needed for a small to mid-sized firm.

The primary consideration was lawyers' ability to efficiently keep track of their daily time dockets. This need was easily met by GP. On the accounting side, GP provided the ability to create monthly invoices directly from the GP platform. Other options necessitated purchase and integration of additional software applications in order to manage docketing, billing, and day-to-day accounting processes.

Puntos en contra:

On the billing side, it would be extremely helpful to have the ability to move multiple dockets from one matter to another. (Currently, this can only be completed by moving one docket at a time.) From the timekeeper's vantage point, it would be great for each to be able to access a monthly calendar view (not a list) of progress towards monthly and quarterly billing goals. (This is a function of PCLaw that is greatly missed!)

Barbara F.
Director of Administration en Canadá

Former user of GhostPractice involved in implementation to a team of 30 users

5 el año pasado

Comentarios: I am no longer with the firm that I was with when we converted from PCLaw to GhostPractice but during the implementation phase and the rollout I found the entire team at GhostPractice so accommodating and willing to follow my strategy for extensive training before roll out and also allowed me to do a full validation of the data once converted from PCLaw to ensure 100% accuracy matter by matter.

The fact that it was a full practice management tool that prompted users to docket time whenever they performed a function such as a letter, e-mail, telephone call etc. There was one place to go to find everything relating to the matter and from a lawyers perspective when they were working on a matter or discussing things with a client they could see all the financial detail on the files and whether there was outstanding accounts receivable, whether there was a retainer in place and what the current level of WIP and outstanding disbursements were.

Puntos en contra:

Certain reports that our team was used to having could not be obtained from the stock reports but the Ghostpractice Team were very responsive in being willing to recreate the type of report that we wanted.

Melissa W.
C.E.O. en Canadá

GhostPractice Review

5 el año pasado

Comentarios: Our overall experience has been excellent, from onboarding to implementation to everyday use. The team at GP has been alongside us each step of the way, providing support and guidance. We worked closely together to plan the transition, which went very smoothly. Once the migration was complete, the team provided hands on support (on site) to help our team get comfortable and used to the new processes. We are confident that we would not have received this level of support from any other company. Since then, we have continued to be impressed by GP. Not only with respect to our day-to-day use of the program, but with the team's receptiveness to our feedback. Suggestions for improvements are not dismissed and have been addressed. We have seen updates specifically adopt suggestions made or address concerns identified. The team at GP is truly committed to continually improving their product.

Definitely access to information. At any time information about the Firm's performance is available and easy to find, as is information about each user's performance. Reporting options are endless. Being new to document management software, we are also very keen on the level of oversight we now have over our files. Management of the workflow is transparent and easy to manage. Utilizing tasks is key. At any time, anyone can now review a file, understand its' status and next steps (and who is responsible for those steps).

Puntos en contra:

Not necessarily a con, but something to consider - everyone has to be open to the change. As with any software change, we have had to let go of our "old ways" and be open to new (and better) approaches. Everything that our old software does, GP does (but better!), it just may be in a different place or called something slightly different. Getting everyone to buy in to the change in advance is essential to a smooth transition. From a practical standpoint, the level of customization can have its' drawbacks. While it is wonderful to be able to have endless number of departments, each customized to the workflow of that department (in terms of folder structure, event sets, etc.), it does make reporting more difficult. Multiple reports need to be generated to see overall data. For example, you may create several different departments for your Family Law practice, based on the nature of the file (i.e., negotiations vs. collaborative vs. Court). While this optimizes the workflow/document management end of GP, by doing so you have now created the need to run multiple reports to see the overall performance of your Family Law practice.

Cristina I.
Lawyer en Canadá

GP User

5 el año pasado

Comentarios: GP has assisted in our ability to track significant milestones and enables us to obtain customized reports to assist in our reporting to our financial institutional clients. The GP deployment team is second to none. Our firm is very resistant to change and the GP team was extremely patient and accommodating. I am unsure if we could have had a successful roll out if not for the support provided by GP.

The software is extremely intuitive and very customizable. The interface is easy to navigate and train staff to use.

Puntos en contra:

As a debt litigation firm, some of the functionalities could not be specifically tailored to our needs. This is not unusual for pre-programmed software; however, the GP team worked with our firm to strategize how to use other functions for our required needs.

Matthias D.
Principal Lawyer en Canadá

Ghostpractice review

5 el año pasado

Comentarios: I use Ghostpractice for accounting and document management. I am very happy with the product and the customer service. In fact, I have recommended GP to other lawyers.

I love Ghostpractice's UI. It is easy to use and the customer service is outstanding. I have used GP for over a year and it has never crashed.

Puntos en contra:

As with any new software, you have to familiarize yourself with its functions and how to find them. Once you did that, it is easy to use.

Kirstan P.
Firm Administrator en Canadá
Fuente de la reseña

A great combination of Practice Management and Accounting software with an outstanding support team

5 el año pasado

Comentarios: I would say that my overall experience with Ghost Practice has been positive. I cannot say enough about the team of training and support people they have who are always there to help.

Ghost Practice is a great combination of Practice Management Software and Accounting Software. I like that our users can seamlessly access their files and docket simultaneously. The software is incredibly user friendly and for any user difficulties Ghost Practice has a support team just a quick call or email away. The support team is highly responsive, knowledgeable, and friendly. Additionally, as the Firm Administrator I really appreciate the customization that Ghost Practice provides. A great example of this are the Custom Fields that can be created and added to files. These Custom Fields can be used by businesses to track any specific deadlines on files or even to maintain checklists of tasks to do with specific file procedures. Custom Reports can be easily and quickly created by users on the software pulling custom fields, relevant file data, or even financial data into reports that can then be saved and run at any time. Having used other Practice Management softwares where you could only access or work on one file at a time, I find it extremely convenient that myself and other users can have multiple files open to work on simultaneously. This allows us to keep the file we are currently working on open while we tend to a question on another file. There are so many ways Ghost Practice makes these financial processes and reporting easy and user friendly including their many reports which you can pull at any moment to study the current financial status of your business.

Puntos en contra:

When I initially started using Ghost Practice there were some things I felt were missing from the software, but with the trainer and support team’s help I was able to incorporate the things I was looking for in other ways with the tools provided in Ghost Practice. Additionally, there has been times where our team has come across small bugs in the software, but the support team is always available and responsive and ready to assist. Ghost Practice keeps a log of items requested by firms to be added to the software that it will propose for future updates as well, which I really appreciate.

Josie P.
Principal en Canadá

Solid Software

5 el año pasado

Comentarios: Maintaining the firm's information in one complete software. The training and support staff have been fantastic. Always will to help especially someone who has had to take over immediately and learn the software. I always felt like I could call no matter how long it takes me to grasp.

The financial side of the software is great. It is somewhat cumbersome to learn but fine when you use it extensively. I like that you have file management and financial management in one software. It is reliable.

Puntos en contra:

The file management side requires a viewing screen to view emails and other documents instead of having to open each one. It needs a reminder for key dates. The financial side is a bit too restrictive in that you cannot simply delete something that was not done correctly rather you have do a negative transaction in order to correct a simple error.

Siphe N.
Designer en Sudáfrica
Diseño gráfico, 2-10 empleados

Five Stars!

5 el año pasado

Comentarios: I like how everything is in one place so I do not have to switch software to get a job done. That really gives me time to live my life because I have a buddy I can count on. I am always on the go so the mobile version is just as rewarding to work with. Big thumbs up to the team that helped make this come to life!

It really saves time and it lifts a heavy load off my shoulders.

Puntos en contra:

I am a very skeptical person so this is more of a safety concern than a negative, but just worried that my data is not secured in enough.