Sobre PRTG Network Monitor

PRTG es una solución única basada en Windows que mide el tráfico de red y el uso y supervisa la disponibilidad de los componentes de la red.

Descubre más sobre PRTG Network Monitor

Overall good product and gives needed visibility.

Puntos en contra:

The interface was a little weird to understand at first. However, I had to find how to add users and groups for alerts.

Valoraciones de PRTG Network Monitor

Evaluación media

Facilidad de uso
Atención al cliente
Funciones
Relación calidad-precio

Probabilidad de recomendación

PRTG Network Monitor tiene una valoración global de 4,6 estrellas sobre 5 según las 144 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Has utilizado PRTG Network Monitor?

Filtrar opiniones (144)

Carlos
INGENIERO SISTEMAS en Costa Rica
Administración gubernamental, 201-500 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Uno de los mejores programas de monitoreo

5,0 hace 6 meses

Es muy fácil de usar, fácil de configurar e intuitivo.

Puntos en contra:

En relación con otros programas, es muy caro y sólo corre en windows.

hace 5 meses

Dear Carlos, Thank you for leaving us a review! Cheers, Paessler AG

Florian
Florian
Tecnología y servicios de la información, Trabajador autónomo
Fuente: GetApp

That really made my Day!

5,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: First of all: Actually (April 2016) the product is free for up to 100 Sensors! I was searching for an easy solution to monitor the internetconnection of one of my customers from outside. They sporadically experienced strange bandwidth problems and the cable provider didn't solve the problem within months. So while searching for an easy to install and use monitoring (simple ping) solution I found PRTG from Paessler in Nuremberg. I 've heard of it before as the Windows based alternative to Nagios. What can I say: I expected a solid Dice Game and ended up in Las Vegas! Installed withing minutes on a small Celeron machine running Windows 7. This runs the core Server and the Probe. You create Groups within the Windows (or Browserbased) Desktop. Within those Groups you create Devices and Sensors (Ping, HTTP, FTP, NTP, SIP, SMTP, SNMP Switch Traffic, ... and I'd say hundreds of others) at Locations you can define and are shown on a map. A configurable HTTPS allows secure Browser and mobile APP access. I use the one for my Windows phone that shows me my favorite (customer) Sensors directly. Automatically scan your Network (that might create a lot of Devices and Sensors, especially when you are using SNMP ready Switches, but don't worry, just pause them before you run out of your licenses). Monitor Switch Traffic if you wonder how long the Windows 10 updates disturb your other Machines. You can install remote Probes in other networks to monitor them and still collect all data on one central monitoring server. PS: In the end, the cable provider changed the modem after I sent them several times very clear screenshots from PRTG where you could see the 1800 ms echos all three weeks instead of 32 ms the rest of the time.

Very good structure and overview of your devices and systems load, usage, availability and traffic Easy install and use. No deep knowledge of MIB, RMON, LINUX or SNMP necessary Free for small environments Very Flexible (google 'prtg netatmo' for an impression :) Be aware and informed about uprising problems (Mail, SMS, Mobile) You literally see what your users experience

Puntos en contra:

Really! I have been thinking, but didn't find that much. Rather ... nothing? OK, one: you need a Windows system. That might be an issue for some.

Pedro
Pedro
Analista de suporte en Brasil
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Melhor interface visual para monitoramento

5,0 hace 4 meses

Comentarios: Melhorou muito a identificação e visualização de falhas e informações da topologia, fácil instalação e configuração dos sensores de forma automatizada.

Mapas e dashboards funcionais e intuitivos.

Puntos en contra:

Valor um pouco alto para novos recursos.

Alternativas consideradas: Dynatrace y Zabbix

Razones para elegir PRTG Network Monitor: Melhorar a visualização da topologia e identificação rápida de falhas.

Software anterior: WhatsUp Gold

Razones para cambiar a PRTG Network Monitor: Não foi necessário especialista em Linux dedicado para instalação e suporte.

Dear Pedro, Thank you very much for your review! Cheers, Paessler AG

Greg
IT Director en EE. UU.
Producción de alimentos, 501-1.000 empleados

PRTG Network Monitor

5,0 hace 3 semanas Nuevo

Easy to deploy, start out with a free tier to get to know the product and the data it can provide.

Puntos en contra:

Importing MIBs for odd products and getting the right scales kb vs MB is sometimes a chore. Their support is great to help out.

hace 3 semanas

Dear Greg, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review! Cheers, Paessler AG

Systems Engineer en Suiza
Entretenimiento, 201-500 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Easy to implement, web based and nearly agent less monitoring

3,0 hace 4 meses

Comentarios: It was easy to install and manage, it's helpling a lot with monitoring and alerting and it's aeasy to use. Also to adapt or tweak thresholds is very easy.

It's very easy to implement and for a lot of the user cases it does not need an agent or software to be installed

Puntos en contra:

For well known Enterprise Products e.g. VMWare VCenter there are only limited intergration available.

Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community! Cheers, Paessler AG

Sachin
Network Administrator en India
Educación superior, 5.001-10.000 empleados

Simple & Powerful Monitoring tool,feature oriented,reliable sensors

5,0 hace 4 meses

Comentarios: Notifications and mail alerts for minute attributes in all devices rescue us from major hardware or network issues and reduce downtime to a large extent.

User-friendly dashboard, Easy to configure. High quality sensor reporting, Can monitor almost all server platforms, Networking devices, an awesome product.

Puntos en contra:

Nothing much to say, almost perfect. The only suggestion is to make it budget-friendly for medium-level customers.

Alternativas consideradas: Network Performance Monitor

Razones para elegir PRTG Network Monitor: More user-friendly, and notification delivery was much better compared to Observium.

Software anterior: Observium

Razones para cambiar a PRTG Network Monitor: PRTG was more user-friendly and Professional compared to others.

hace 3 meses

Dear Sachin, Thank you for leaving us a review! We are happy that you are enjoying PRTG and we love hearing about how you are using it. Cheers, Paessler AG

Brock
Systems Administrator en EE. UU.
Telecomunicaciones, 51-200 empleados

My go-to monitoring solution for almost 10 years

5,0 hace 4 meses

Comentarios: I have been extremely happy with PRTG for the close to 10 years that I have used it. It has been extremely reliable, which is paramount for a tool you are using to monitor your entire network.

I love how easy it is to get rolled out and customized to work for pretty much anything with an IP Address. Real-time and historical data that is provided in PRTG is invaluable.

Puntos en contra:

While this is not necessarily it's intended purpose, the Syslog/SNMP sensors could use some work to make it easier to use them as a collector/trap for historical logs.

Alternativas consideradas: Datadog, Network Performance Monitor, ManageEngine OpManager, Icinga y WhatsUp Gold

Razones para cambiar a PRTG Network Monitor: More polished product. Ease of use. Price. Cleaner interface. Recommendations from others.

hace 3 meses

Dear Brock, Thank you for leaving us this review. We are happy that you are enjoying PRTG and we love hearing about how you are using it. Cheers, Paessler AG

Reski
Information Technology en Indonesia
Servicios financieros, 1.001-5.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

PRTG is simplified my work Everyday.

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: PRTG can do Monitor all systems, devices, traffic and applications of your IT infrastructure.
Everything you need, and don't expect more for custom weekly / monthly reports

This is the Recommended software that I often use to monitor or improve the Information Technology infrastructure. Very easy to install, user friendly and supports mobile devices. It can detect our problems quickly. We can check all critical Service Application components on the bus :)

Puntos en contra:

This software does not yet have a weekly custom report for audit needs, so we do a manual retrieval :(

Alternativas consideradas: Network Performance Monitor

Razones para cambiar a PRTG Network Monitor: Budget, Easy to install, user friendly and supports mobile devices

Dear Reski, thank you for leaving us a review! Cheers, Paessler AG

Joshua
Chief Technology Officer en Filipinas
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 2-10 empleados

I Find PRTG as the defacto standard in multi platform System Monitoring

5,0 hace 5 meses

Ease of use, Web based, highly customizable if needed.

Puntos en contra:

The only quirk I have is it is still not available in Linux (though a linux is probe is development I prefer the whole system on a linux environment)

Alternativas consideradas: SolarWinds Service Desk y WhatsUp Gold

Razones para cambiar a PRTG Network Monitor: I find the web interface of PRTG to be more accessible and straightforward.

hace 4 meses

Dear Joshua, Thank you taking the time to leave us this review! We are happy that you are enjoying PRTG. Cheers, Paessler AG

Mohamed
Network Engineer en Egipto
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 11-50 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Prueba gratis
Fuente de la reseña

One of the most powerful infrastructure monitoring software

4,0 hace 3 meses

Comentarios: A good experience and I recommend using it, as it is one of the most powerful network monitoring software, but the free version must be tried to ensure that it works in a manner commensurate with the network and the work environment.

The large number of monitoring operations on the servers and the availability of options to monitor and clarify cloud services in detail It is an integrated control panel and you can control the number of seconds and services of the machine And it divides them for you into categories such as the machines that are hosted on the ESXI and puts them in a separate group and so on. The interface is excellent, clear and fast, unlike some other programs It is characterized by its work on the local server without the need for a separate machine.

Puntos en contra:

A little slow in the hardware check process Guidance messages cover some important buttons, which prevents them from being noticed. Some errors are not clear, such as when I ask to monitor the Memory and Hardisk, the error is not clear if it is in the Port or the Authentication process or even the Firewall, so I hope to detail the errors to facilitate their solution. There is no monitoring of Ping in the form of a list and the form of a tree, it is difficult to monitor all devices on one page.

Alternativas consideradas: Network Performance Monitor y Zabbix

Razones para elegir PRTG Network Monitor: Because it suits our work environment more, but I would not say that it is better.

hace 2 meses

Dear Mohamed, Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community! Have a look at our support section on our homepage. Here you will find many useful tips and tricks to help you get the most out of PRTG. Cheers, Paessler AG

Esben
IT Specialist en Dinamarca
Aviación y aeroespacial, 201-500 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Very good product for live monitoring

4,0 hace 4 meses

Comentarios: Gives us what we need for live monitoring

Pretty fast to get started with. Has alot of monitoring options. Good value

Puntos en contra:

Some of the setup is a bit tricky. The unusual traffic monitoring is not really useful.

Razones para cambiar a PRTG Network Monitor: More value for money

hace 3 meses

Dear Esben, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review. We are happy that you are enjoying PRTG! Cheers, Paessler AG

IT tech en RU
Recursos Humanos, 1.001-5.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

The software you want monitoring your network

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Fantastic, we can proactively monitor connections and equipment, often we are working on fixing it before the end users know it is broken

Easy to use, reliable, can email or text about alerts, can execute scripts etc. Able to monitor snmp, pings, https and all sorts of things.

Puntos en contra:

It is licensed by sensor, so you can easily run out of you monitor everything, you'll need to be careful to only monitor what you need to

Alternativas consideradas: Spiceworks

Razones para elegir PRTG Network Monitor: Ease of use

Software anterior: N-sight

hace 3 años

Dear David, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review. We are happy that PRTG supports you and your team that well. Cheers, Paessler AG

Stephen
Stephen
Infrastructure Manager en Irlanda
Software informático, 51-200 empleados

The Pulse of your infrastructure

5,0 hace 4 meses

Comentarios: As mentioned, once you know what you want to monitor, and put in the work of setting it up within PRTG, you'll have your finger on the pulse of your infrastructure. Over the years it has helped me track down failing disks, failing server power supplies as well as advance alerting of capacity issues within my infrastructure. This is in addition to ongoing tasks like monitoring OS updates across the Infrastructure. Where I've had to deal with support, even though I might not always get an answer I'd like, I've been happy with the services provided. The PRTG Roadmap is clear about the direction PRTG is being expanded in. My PRTG dashboard (Map) is the first thing I open in the morning.

-Breadth of sensor types available. I can monitor almost everything in my infrastructure, from Azure to 365 to on prem, Server and network Hardware, Windows / linux services and OS data. -Very customisable in how the above is monitored and Alerted upon -Easy Creation of Dashboards and Libraries of particular sensor types, for instant visibility.

Puntos en contra:

-Some areas have yet to come to PRTG for example - Azure AKS monitoring, K8s monitoring. -Takes time to mould it into doing what you want (but once you've put in the work it is truly excellent) -Some parts of the GUI could have better multi editing capabilities for sensors.

hace 3 meses

Dear Stephan, we're happy that you're happy! Thanks for leaving us a review! Cheers, Paessler AG

Zandre
Network Support Engineer en Sudáfrica
Telecomunicaciones, 51-200 empleados

Network Monitoring Master

4,0 hace 11 meses

Comentarios: The platform allows you to easily communicate to customers regarding the fault/s being investigated. This software use to be the preferred monitoring for our core environment.

This software allows the user to monitor a wide variety of different sensors on a large scale customizable equipment spec. The graphs are easily manipulated and can benefit the user by visualizing the fault/issue being investigated.

Puntos en contra:

My company has since parted with the software due to other systems being more cost affective however, I still believe it should be good value for your buck considering the features are getting.

hace 7 meses

Dear Zandre, Thank you for leaving us a review! It's a pity that you don't (can't) use PRTG anymore. If we could support you in any way, please feel free to contact us at any time! Cheers, Paessler AG

Irfan
Deputy Manager en Pakistán
Automoción, 1.001-5.000 empleados

Network & Bandwidth Monitoring Tool

4,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Good Product to monitor your networks but for huge network its not sufficient, but for normal networks its good to notify and other feature are very good i-e up time, alert system and cluster fail-over solutions ,
in the last PRTG interface must be need improvments.

Its a Simple Software to Monitor Network and bandwidth user, application wise. Monitoring & Manage all applications in details statistics in network, Correct Up-time/downtime for devices. *Flexible alerting (different types or Alert are available in this product) Cluster fail-over solution

Puntos en contra:

Interface is no good and creating huddles in configurations, automatically connection between links is unavailable. Cluster fail-over solution not so good.

Alternativas consideradas: Nagios XI

Razones para cambiar a PRTG Network Monitor: Pricing licensing

hace 2 años

Thank you for leaving us a review! Cheers, Paessler AG

Jeremiah
Director of Technology en EE. UU.
Software informático, 11-50 empleados

Great monitoring software

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: we use this on a daily basis to monitor disk space, memory usage, and cpu load for various servers and machines. the dashboards with clear warnings combined with email notifications give us a clear picture of trouble spots.

The free version of PRTG network monitor that comes with 100 sensors allows you to do an in-depth analysis of the sensors available, notifications, architecture, monitoring capabilities etc... to determine if it meets your company's needs. The graphical interfaces, intuitive dashboards, and ease of setup and creating templates and inheritance across devices and types allows for easy use and administration.

Puntos en contra:

it can get expensive the more devices and sensors you continue to add to the platform so use your trial to evaluate wisely how you will implement and for what types of devices. the auto discovery can be nice but also tends to clutter up things.

hace 2 años

Ryan
I.T Officer en Guyana
Banca, 51-200 empleados

PRTG Feature and Functionality in summary

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: The application has helped us monitor all types of equipment and proactively resolve issues early.

This monitoring application has helped us stay on track of what is happening at every corner and for every device on our network, from Storage to network, security and usage statistics and notifications for each, this application has saved us many times in restoring and fixing problems before they get noticed by end users. From our desk and our our phones using the app, we can monitor and get visibility into many device types, including Cisco, Linux, storage systems, Microsoft operating systems just to name a few, with thousands of sensors to choose from. Very powerful and constantly improving.

Puntos en contra:

While just a few sensors were not performing well, like the Ping 30 for Cisco 1900 routers, PRTG has constantly released new updates that once applied, these issues are rectified.

hace 4 años

Hi Ryan, Thank you for your review! Cheers, Paessler AG

Ivan
Head of server and network infrastructure en Croacia
Comercio minorista, 1.001-5.000 empleados

PRTG monitoring software

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: We are monitoring our complete infrastructure, from network switches and routers, over servers to virtualized infrastructure and storage's.

Helped us many time with alert so our infrastructure did not go down.

Puntos en contra:

I would like more vendor specific alerts to be included like Fortinet,

Alternativas consideradas: SysAid

Razones para cambiar a PRTG Network Monitor: Better GUI, more stable application, easy to use and less hardware resources needed. Better probe for automatic search.

hace 3 años

Dear Ivan, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. Cheers, Paessler AG

Senior Service Engineer en EE. UU.
Ingeniería industrial o mecánica, 51-200 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Know when there's a problem before the end users start calling

4,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: We monitor customer routers that we service and their ISP gateways. We can find out rather quickly when a customer goes down, or when a customer is having an issue with just the router, and we do not have to be actively doing it ourselves. We are just notified when there's an issue and jump in and start resolving right it away.

It tells me when there is a problem without much overhead on my part, and it puts me ahead of the game before end users start notifying me there is a problem. Its a pretty great feeling being able to call the end user up and tell them that you have already detected a problem and that you were actively working on before they have gotten around to notify you there was even an issue.

Puntos en contra:

It takes some time to set up and configure the software. Its not as intuitive as I'd like it to be, but its entirely manageable. You just need to invest the time to learn it get it working the way you want and then from that point on its a breeze.

hace 4 años

Thank for your review!

Mauricio
Business Manager en Colombia
Fuente de la reseña

Top five monitor app for IT departments on SMB and corporations 24/7 365 days.

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Most of my clients are SMB and need a free option to monitor his IT devices, with a free option it's easier.

-The free version allows up to 100 sensors to be included on his interface. This feature helps allot of companies IT departments to monitor and compare without limitations. -Easy installation process for core app, available for SNMP devices (almost every tech device has this option). -Add devices for a monitor it's easier than other competitors because its agent less and his auto discover feature make deployment process fast and secure. -Available as web interface with every OS and app for the most important devices (iOS and Android).

Puntos en contra:

-User guide needs to be adapted for none IT users. -Reports need an experienced partner to customize executive options. -Customer Support it's not the best part of this company, sometimes take days to solve an issue that would take minutes on other monitoring software.

Network Administrator en EE. UU.
Envases y contenedores, 201-500 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Easy to use network monitor program

5,0 hace 2 meses

Comentarios: I love this tool because it is so easy to setup. Very user friendly and free license with 100 nodes.

This is a very easy software to implement. It also provide 100 nodes for free license. You can implement it within 30 minutes.

Puntos en contra:

The free license is limited to 100 nodes.

Alternativas consideradas: SolarWinds Service Desk

Alejandro
CTO en México
Seguridad informática y de redes, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Very Useful and helps admins all the time!

5,0 hace 4 meses

Comentarios: Supporting IT is complex, PRTG allows to use the admins time more efficiently and we can do more with the resources we have

easy to use, lot of sensors, easy to implement, probes over internet

Puntos en contra:

Geo maps show sensors and devices but colors don't allow good visibility

Alternativas consideradas: Nagios XI y Network Performance Monitor

Razones para cambiar a PRTG Network Monitor: easy to use, best price performance ratio

hace 3 meses

Dear Alejandro, We're happy that you're happy! Thanks for leaving us a review! Cheers, Paessler AG

Matteo
CIO en Austria
Servicios jurídicos, 51-200 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Best monitoring solution I know our there

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: with PRTG we can relax and react quickly when something goes wrong in our infrastructure. all in all it a great investment!

This software is quite easy and intuitive to set up and use. We have done the installation on our own and have been since then really happy with it. PRTG scans our infrastructure and notifies immediately when something goes wrong. Whenever we install new systems, we look at PRTG and set some basic sensors for each important service, and we are all set. it's a work of a few minutes, you can get most needs coevered with little effort

Puntos en contra:

the web based UI is much better now, but could still be improved a bit in the usability. selecting multiple objects is a bit awkward and not intuitive. some sensors are buggy and we have stopped using them. but that's only a very low percentage of the total

Hi Matteo, Thank you for your review! Cheers, Paessler AG

Scott
Senior Systems Administrator en EE. UU.
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 1.001-5.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Robust and reliable monitoring solution

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: This is your one stop shop for a monitoring solution. Best value and most functionality all in one package.

Very wide variety of sensors for monitoring of various applications from SQL servers to custom scripts to ping to SNMP and WMI. Can be configured in a distributed configuration to spread out the load that the sensors place on a monitoring server or to consolidate WAN traffic between the central host and branch offices. Can be setup in a cluster for ultra high capacity server. Very robust selection of reports available with the ability to create custom reports. Beautiful Android client with push notifications. If you are looking for a monitoring solution this need be your one and only stop.

Puntos en contra:

Support can be a little slow to respond often taking a day to respond via email. Only Windows hosts can be used as full sensor probes.

Mark
Network Admin en Canadá
Minería y metalurgia, 5.001-10.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

PRTG Great but missing some features for scale

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: For network monitoring, daily use and ad-hoc to solve specific problems this software is perfect - you wont find a better all in one tool that is as easy to use as this tool.

PRTG has a lot of customization ability and can monitor almost anything with the right know how. From very simple stuff like SNMP to script based monitoring and alerting this software can do anything. The reporting and alerting are great and does the job very weel.

Puntos en contra:

The scale of the program is not the best at time. Unless you have a full licenses to monitor anything you must be "choosy" as to what you monitor. In addition executing the same monitor over and over is not easy to do "automatically" or via scripting like other tools so it can get cumbersome.

hace 3 años

Dear Mark, thank you for taking the time leaving us a review! Have you heard about our feature request? [https://bit.ly/2ZkfLp1] Cheers, Paessler AG