Sobre GRBackPro

Data back-up software that allows companies to define multiple backup sessions and restore data to hard disk without any interruptions.

Descubre más sobre GRBackPro

It is easy to use with multiple backups and it keeps different backups seperate.

Puntos en contra:

If I were pushed I'd say the GUI was a bit old-fashioned and hard to navigate, but I know if something is done it will look flashier but be harder to use.

Valoraciones de GRBackPro

4,9
Relación calidad-precio
5,0

Probabilidad de recomendación

GRBackPro tiene una valoración global de 4.9 estrellas sobre 5 según las 30 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

Filtrar opiniones (30)

Valoración del producto

Valoración del producto

Uso

Ordenar por

¿Ha utilizado GRBackPro antes?

Principal Partner en Australia
Servicios financieros, 2-10 empleados

Economical and functional

5 el año pasado

Comentarios: The experience has been excellent and support is fast, friendly and successful.

The software just works beautifully. We have used it in an accounting office for more than 5 years. The backup, scheduling & restore functions are all simple to use, logical and functional. The operations provide confidence in the daily backup.

Puntos en contra:

We did not find anything we did not like in this software.

Nicholas D.
Investigación, 2-10 empleados

Versatile and reliable

5 el año pasado

Comentarios: The software has been very robust over many years with Windows 7 and Windows 10.

GRBackPro is very versatile and flexible so you can customize what and how you want files backed up. Also performs reliably and is fast. Scheduling is also easy to set up so you can do different backup jobs when it's convenient. Other software I've used is either slow or very limited in backup options. Tech support is excellent so if there are any problems or questions you can get them answered very quickly.

Puntos en contra:

The only issue really is that it is sometimes a bit difficult to navigate through all the different options. Might be nice to have a normal mode with most of the options set to what most customers would want and then an expert mode where you can drill down into more specialized settings.

el año pasado

About your Cons... you already have the feature you mention. On the program bottom you will find the "Simple mode" button that will hides all the most Tech options in all tabs. With this mode active, using the program will be easy also for not tech people.

Randy B.
Ingeniería industrial o mecánica, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Plenty of feature, easy to use

4 hace 3 años

Comentarios: We use it for daily & weekly backups to several destinations, works great

Works as expected, configurable. Relatively cost effective.

Puntos en contra:

Hard to copy configuration to another setup

hace 3 años

Hi Randy, we are working on a new version that adds an import settings feature. This will simplify new setups.

Dallas H.
President en Canadá
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Solid, reliable, backup - set and forget!

5 el año pasado

Comentarios: I have a number of computers, each backing up to a secondary drive and then all the secondary drives backing up to a master computer. Works perfectly and I seldom need to look at it! I can get reports from each step as to success or error so I'm never in doubt as to whether it worked!

GrBackPro is a bit tricky to set up, particularly if you're backing up accounts/folders other than your own, but once done it's completely automatic - you've no need to do anything unless there's an error message! Scheduling is very flexible and easily tweaked on the fly.

Puntos en contra:

It's a bit messy setting up GR to run as a service - Windows 10 fights back, but it can be done, and there's a step-by-step tutorial available that makes it easy.

Pitak P.
IT Specialist en Tailandia
Comercio minorista, 2-10 empleados

Most flexible backup solution

5 hace 3 años

Comentarios: This is a very reliable software. Once everything is set up, it works according to the schedule set. It's a "set and forget" kind of experience.

GRBackPro allows me flexibility in setting the destination path of my backups. I can set it to the time variable I want (e.g. weekdays) and it will create 7 folders (from Monday to Sunday). Setting incremental compressed backup provides me with the past 7 days of backups. I can also do this with "weekly" (4 weeks folders) and "monthly" (12 months folders) destinations. This is something I don't see in other backup solutions.

Puntos en contra:

Maybe the interface of v8 is a bit outdated. I read that the new version 9 has its interface improved. Also, when the PC is first restarted, the network mapped drive is at first not connected. GRBackPro refuses to start its backup and I have to go into file explorer and double-click on the mapped drive to get the PC to recognize the drive. Then it works fine. If GRBackPro can do the initialization of mapped or network drive before backing up, then it will be awesome.

hace 3 años

To solve the mapped drive issue we suggest to directly use the UNC name (//Server/SharedFolder) instead of the mapped drive letter. This is reliable and always works.

Jeff R.
Software informático, Trabajador autónomo

21 years using GRBackPro and still loving it

5 el año pasado

Comentarios: A money and time saver.

I run a web development and e-commerce consultancy. I cannot afford to lose work and require my backups to be absolutely reliable. I have used GRBackPro to handle my backups and recovery for 21 years now. I have experience with other backup products but prefer GRBackPro hands down. Once configured, GRBackPro just works. It's set-and-forget. The three things I like most about it are: - Reliability: I have come to totally trust its ability to accurately restore my data when required. - Open, non-proprietary portable backup file format: I can restore backups even without using GRBackPro if I want to. Or select a directory tree, port it to another machine and unzip it there in minutes. - Feature-rich: this is the Swiss Army knife of backup packages.

Puntos en contra:

Once I became familiar with the GRBackPro's layout, I was able to find or configure any backup/restore feature I needed.

Larry R.
Owner en Canadá
Construcción, 2-10 empleados

5 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I generate daily, weekly and monthly backups with all monthly backups being archived forever. Have never lost any backups in using this software since 2007.

Relatively simple to set up but once set up it has usually worked flawlessly. I can also save all files backed up in uncompressed format making it much easier for staff to restore files when need be. Simple drag and drop files from backup folder to new folder. Many back up softwares use propitiatory formats and you can not restore without their software. No a good feeling when company closes doors. Also am able to backup from one NAS to another NAS winch is huge bonus.

Puntos en contra:

No real cons. Like all software a bit of a learning curve. Had occasional issues when windows updates occurred but tech support has always been excellent and fast on responding.

David H.
Senior Software Engineer en Australia
Seguridad informática y de redes, 10.000+ empleados
Fuente de la reseña

It does what you want without a fuss

5 el año pasado

Comentarios: It solves file backup, simple as that.

I have used this personally for years. I have GRBackPro set up to back up twice a week, once to a rewriteable DVD, and to monthly named directory on an external drive. So I can take these off-site to have backup sets weekly, monthly, yearly. It just runs on a schedule without a fuss, and whenever I have actually needed to get something back it has been there unlike some other products which will have an excuse, but no protection.

Puntos en contra:

As a caveat, I am on an old version. Some files get locked out of the backup, notably Outlook, so I have to remember to quit before backups. I also use other software to image the disk occasionally, so I could swap in a new disk. Having a companion doing that would make suite.

John J.
Diseño, Trabajador autónomo

I've been using GRBackPro for over 10 years

5 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Great overall experience for daily backups, monthly backups and I especially use it for assert backups. I have huge libraries of 3D objects and samples audio and GRBackPro makes it easy to back these up.

It's very easy to use. I like that I can easily assemble Job list of files I want t o backup and give different backup locations. Using monthly backups it's easy to update job locations as well as backup locations. To recover files is very easy, no complicated admin to go through, just use File Explorer to gain access to all your files. It also works well with large numbers of files.

Puntos en contra:

It could use a user interface makeover. Function is great but it could do with an updated overall design and be scaleable for 4K and up screens.

Stephen R.
Fotografía, 2-10 empleados

Great Backup Software

5 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I've been using GRBackup since it first came out - many many years ago, and at least 4 totaled/crashed computers along the way. The backup saved my professional photography business many times - lots of high resolution photos... maybe a million or more over the years.

Comprehensive set of set-up features, fully automatic, easy recovery of data and uses conventional ZIP compression, so archived backup are accessible without the program, if necessary. Many other backup programs use proprietary compression that only the program can recover..

Puntos en contra:

Learning curve - not a very intuitive set-up, but once learned, simple to use.

David I.
Director en Australia
Tecnología y servicios de la información, Trabajador autónomo

Just brilliant

5 el año pasado

Comentarios: I bought my first copy over 20 years ago and use it every day.

It just works. Every day, every night, for over 20 years. It does my various backups. It keeps the overall directory structure and compresses the files with standard zip format. Most importantly when backing up to Amazon S3 it keeps all the original file dates inside the backup.

Puntos en contra:

If I were pushed I'd say the GUI was a bit old-fashioned and hard to navigate, but I know if something is done it will look flashier but be harder to use! Otherwise nothing to dislike.

Lars B.
CEO. en Suecia
Contabilidad, 2-10 empleados

My opinion

5 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I run an accounting firm and I am in great need of being able to show great security on the data side for customers, branch organization and the tax office, which I have been able to do on several occasions.

GRBack Pro is very easy to handle and when it is installed you know that it is possible to trust that there is a backup. It has happened that my hard drive has not been able to read from, but then it is only to produce the backup, so the security is what I want to highlight the most.

Puntos en contra:

It is not possible to find anything negative about GRBack

Tim B.
Owner en EE. UU.
Fabricación de productos eléctricos/electrónicos, Trabajador autónomo
Fuente de la reseña

GRBackPro - A great product!

5 el año pasado

Comentarios: Excellent! I have multiple copies for multiple machines, and have recommended it and installed it for several relatives and friends.

The support for this product is outstanding. They will get back to you in a very short period of time, and their solutions are spot on correct every time. Also it saves the information that you can readily retrieve without using specialized software to decode some previously coded format.

Puntos en contra:

It is so comprehensive it can be a little daunting to set up the first time. But all the information and help is there - you just need to know what you really want to do as the capabilities seem endless. But once you get it set up the way you like it it runs flawlessly in the background.

Robert E.
Co-owner en EE. UU.
Alimentación y bebidas, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Highly dependable, good balance of features and ease-of-use

5 el año pasado

Comentarios: I have used GRBackPro and its previous versions for decades, since it was installed on a GRID laptop. It has always performed its job reliably and with minimal maintenance.

On top of many advanced features, I like knowing that I will almost certainly receive an answer to a support question within hours, or a day at most.

Puntos en contra:

This software meets all of my backup needs. Sometimes I fail to backup data which an application has stored in an obscure location, but that cannot be blamed on GRBackPro.

Christoph P.
PD Dr. en Alemania
Grupos de reflexión, 5.001-10.000 empleados

best backup software I know

5 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I tried many backup software like Acronis, EaseUS or Paragon but GRBackup is the best of all. It is easy to use, has all the features you need and builds simple zip-files that can be browsed outside the program. I use GRBackup since over ten years and would never miss it. Recommended it to many of my collegues. And, by the way, it´s not so expensive as you might think and worth every cent.

easy to use with all the features one needs

Puntos en contra:

sometimes special program options are likely hard to find

hace 3 años

GRBackPro has so many options that sometime is difficult to districate all that features. We have added the Simple mode to reduce the available options. In this mode some less frequently used options are hidden. This should reduce the pain on the first usage. However I think that professional users and administrators want to see ALL options and thus are welcome to enable the Adv. Mode. This is specially true for the Server edition.

Schügerl R.
IT specialist en Austria
Software informático, Trabajador autónomo

Great Backup Software

5 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I am an IT professional and did require a solution for my family pc at home, which was able to fullfill my needs.
And i never had issues.

I like most that I can run GRBackPro as a service, so I can backup my and my family's accounts even when I am not logged in. And I have absolute control of what and how to backup.

Puntos en contra:

I don't really have any points I dislike on GRBackPro. I am a user since the early 2000s.

Thomas G.
Propiedad inmobiliaria, 51-200 empleados

Excellent Solid Product

5 el año pasado

Comentarios: Backup peace of mind.

I setup a daily backup and it runs flawlessly. I don't ever do anything but make sure it is running without errors. It has never failed in 12+ years.

Puntos en contra:

Setup used to be difficult, but with the update a couple of years ago, it is a piece of cake now.

David R.
Director en Australia
Cría de ganado, 11-50 empleados

Quick & Easy

5 el año pasado

Comentarios: I've been using for 20 years and have never been tempted to change to other software.

Very easy to configure with plenty of options, very reliable and quick to perform its backups. They also keep it up to date with regular upgrades.

Puntos en contra:

Can't think of anything really. It does all I want it to.

Richard T.
Attorney en EE. UU.
Práctica de la abogacía, Trabajador autónomo

Solid backup software

5 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I have used it for what must be over two decades without a hitch. Nothing more need be said.

Once the backup is set up, it works seamlessly. And recovery of individual files is simple.

Puntos en contra:

Setting up jobs can be tedious, and I had to have a computer-savvy friend show me how to use the advanced backup options.

Joseph W.
Personal en RU
Servicios individuales y familiares, Trabajador autónomo

Very useful program

5 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I regularly bachup my person files and those for my choir and a church group.
I have used it several times when I have had problems with corruption and it is easy to restore

Puntos en contra:

I havn't find any problems in several years use.

Stefano G.
Dr. Eng. in R&D - High Voltage generators en Italia
Dispositivos médicos, 11-50 empleados

The easiest backup

5 hace 3 años

The possibility to have, directory by directory, a file that is possible to open through file system in order to have the possibility to locate and retreive a single file in the easiest way

Puntos en contra:

The way to build the backup batch is not the best, I do it in a text editor

Alessandro C.
director en Suiza
Música, 2-10 empleados

Very quick backup software

5 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I use it for daily backups. I have set it up and then forgot about it! Very reliable and quick.

Great solution for my personal backups. Full of options to configure the backup at best.

Puntos en contra:

All problems I have found in the past have been QUICKLY solved by the super support service.

Cory S.
System Admin en EE. UU.
Software informático, 11-50 empleados

GRBackPro

5 hace 3 años

Comentarios: This software has been meeting our customers needs for well over a decade.

Quality software with quality support behind it.

N/A

Firdos A.
CEO en Madagascar
Comercio mayorista, 11-50 empleados

Best Ever Backup Software

5 hace 3 años

speed of the software. use of standard format .zip running as a service or program as you like very precise settings

Puntos en contra:

the backup simulation mode should be better indicated

Mark R.
Manager en Australia
Hardware informático, 2-10 empleados

Powerful but simple

5 el año pasado

Very power software that does everting we need and simple to setup and use.

Puntos en contra:

Can't really fault this product. It does everything we need.