Sobre Tableau

Por ser el líder confiable del área de las analíticas, Tableau ayuda a personas y organizaciones a basarse más en los datos.

Descubre más sobre Tableau

Tableau seamlessly integrates with Salesforce and allows us to create beautiful reports and dashboards.

Puntos en contra:

The Error messaging is ambiguous sometimes. There is also limited crosstabs which I don't like.

Valoraciones de Tableau

Evaluación media

Facilidad de uso
Atención al cliente
Funciones
Relación calidad-precio

Probabilidad de recomendación

Tableau tiene una valoración global de 4,5 estrellas sobre 5 según las 1.635 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Has utilizado Tableau?

Filtrar opiniones (1.635)

Rosa elvira C.
Jefa de Deparatmento del SED en Cuba
Deportes, 501-1.000 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Prueba gratis

Viabilidad de uso

5 hace 7 días Nuevo

Comentarios: Excelente, pudiera seguir compartiendo con otros usuarios

Facilidad de uso y aplicabilidad a mi empresa, ahora tiempo

Puntos en contra:

Todo me ha gustado, máxime si puedo aplicarlo en distintos momentos

Surya P.
Surya P.
WFM Analyst en India
Servicios para el consumidor, 10.000+ empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Best Visualization tool in the market

5 hace 2 meses

Comentarios: Overall Tableau has made our daily to daily work much easier be it data collection from different sources or creating custom reports and dashboards or analyzing large set of data to gain impactful insights.

It has amazing data visualization capabilities. Working for an organization where mostly reporting and visualization done on excel, When Tableau was introduced to our team and has been so much beneficial for us. You can create a scintillating and self-explanatory dashboard using this which is easily understandable by higher management even if they don't have any technical knowledge. Tableau can handle a large number of datasets also very easily and that dataset can be easily visualized without facing any performance issue. One thing which I like the most about tableau is report scheduling where your reports can be updated automatically every day. Another thing which i love about tableau is that multiple and different kind of data sources can be easily connected at one place.

Puntos en contra:

Till now nothing that hinders me while working on this tool as its meeting all my expectations.

Jeanne B.
Manager en EE. UU.
Servicios para el consumidor, 2-10 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Once you learn how to use it, it makes a great data visualization and prediction tool!

5 hace 2 meses

Comentarios: To me, Tableau is worth the money. Especially if you have to present your data to colleagues. They have options to make your data so easy to understand, not limited to common ones like graphs and charts. I also like that I can play around with their data prediction tools.

Because I mainly use Excel for data recording, I like that Tableau does not require inputting the data again. I can just export my data and start visualizing it and preparing reports.

Puntos en contra:

If you don't have the proper training, you won't get full use of this software. It goes beyond data recording and I think data visualization is its main use (at least to me/ that's why I got it). Most of the features there are not self-explanatory. You have to take extra steps and watch their free videos to learn how to use them.

David W.
David W.
Head of Engineering en Australia
Software informático, 51-200 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Looks nice, but not so compelling for the cost or against the market

3 el mes pasado Nuevo

Comentarios: Tableau is highly popular so I feel quite a contrarian in saying I wasn't overly enamoured with Tableau. For me, it was the frustration of feature differences in the desktop and web clients, the rapid nature at which its releases go out of support, and that - for us, at least - I didn't see the value for its price over other products.

Tableau offers a lot of rich functionality for designing visualisations and dashboards. There is a lot of power in the product.

Puntos en contra:

There isn't feature parity across the desktop, web, and mobile versions. For instance, in the edition we have the web client doesn't allow us to view data sources to see the underlying query or to edit them. We need to use the desktop client. However, the desktop client no longer logs in - the login screen simply gives a blank screen. We asked Tableau support who simply said they couldn't provide any support for that version of Tableau Server as it was more than six months old and that we needed to upgrade before they'd help. However, this was during the log4j issue and Tableau disabled their downloads so we were stuck. I also find Tableau expensive when compared to the opposition. Microsoft has been clever in its pricing of Power BI for people who already have Office 365, for example, and you need to really ask yourself what Tableau features are so compelling that you'd pay so much more for it.

Niv M.
Project Manager TL en Israel
Juegos de azar y casinos, 51-200 empleados

Tableau dashboards

5 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Great customize dashboards for analyzing the data you need

Puntos en contra:

Mainly the high costs of the software use

Nick N.
Nick N.
Key Account Manager en EE. UU.
Servicios financieros, 10.000+ empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Business Intelligence,data visualization and data analysis at breeze with Tableau.

5 el mes pasado Nuevo

Comentarios: It's reliable with data discovery and data exploration.
It's simple to make data-driven decisions.

I like how Tableau is a reliable tool for data preparation.It's simple to visualize and understand data with Tableau.I can analyze big datasets using this tool easily.

Puntos en contra:

I haven't found any missing functionality with Tableau as it's fully-featured to meet all my needs.

Gloria D.
Gloria D.
Account Executive en EE. UU.
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 10.000+ empleados

My Success Journey with Tableau

5 hace 4 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: Discover, collect, integrate, model and visualize distributed data from both multi-cloud and on-premise platforms.

Tableau has self-service data preparation tools that makes it easy to collect and visualize data from ETL services.

Puntos en contra:

Support at Tableau and in our organization works together to resolves issues that may arise rapidly.

Omar D.
Omar D.
SUBDIRCTOR FISCAL en México
Banca, 10.000+ empleados
Fuente de la reseña

An interesting way to present executive information.

5 hace 2 meses

Comentarios: Thanks to the software, our department was able to automate reports to senior management, generating indicators that could make better decisions.

It allows you to feed the information from an external source, even automating it so that your reports are generated automatically.

Puntos en contra:

It is a bit complicated to design if you don't have programming logic, however if you have programmed before and can design a correct flow it will be a great tool.

Gbola O.
Gbola O.
EXECUTIVE CHAIRMAN en RU
Servicios financieros, 501-1.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Tableau- Data Visual Aid.

4 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: Tableau is one of the best visual tools that aid data-driven decision making.

It helps to reinforce understanding and provides a vivid picture to support data-driven decision making.

Puntos en contra:

It's expensive; requires training and constant application. It will serve well also, if it can be integrated with Artificial intelligence.

Pedro G.
Pedro G.
Project Engineer en España
Ingeniería civil, 10.000+ empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Great and exceptional tool for data analysis and Business Intelligence.

5 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: Data cleansing.
Data visualization.
Ability to create and manage customs reports and dashboards.

It's simple to discover and explore data with Tableau.It's easier to prepare data using this tool.I like ease to analyze large datasets.

Puntos en contra:

This tool performance is excellent hence nothing to point out as flaw.

Strategy & Operations Manager en Países Bajos
Internet, 10.000+ empleados

Old-school visualization tools

3 hace 2 meses

Comentarios: Not very happy. I think there are better tools in the market. Salesforce is using its enterprise muscle to push this product.

Can handle large data sets and visualizations and is quite stable to use

Puntos en contra:

Doesn't automatically provide a way for users to get permissions to view (aka google) Also UI is very outdated

Shane M.
Paid Media Manager en Sudáfrica
Marketing y publicidad, 1.001-5.000 empleados

Tableau Recommendation

5 hace 11 meses

Comentarios: Tableau allows complex data to be simplified by visualizing it. We can take a complicated digital marketing budget daily task and implement it via Tableau user dashboards etc. This will then open possibilities to automating specific processes that are a part of the whole task. Another point in my experience - we can totally use Tableau to create a dashboard that allows non-technical stakeholders to understand technical data via dashboards.

- Amazing data visualization capabilities - Tableau can comfortably handle large amounts of data. A million rows of data can be visualized without affecting the overall performance of the dashboard - Dashboards can be built interactively using the drag & drop function - It runs effectively and efficiently across different devices & -

Puntos en contra:

- There seems to be no schedule or automatic refresh functionality - There is no custom visual import option available - Scaling may cause potential high costs if the organization is huge

Data Analyst en Ghana
Diseño gráfico, 11-50 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Tableau is the best data visualization tool on the market and offers great value for money.

5 hace 11 meses

Comentarios: Tableau has allowed me to present complex data in a very simple and easily understandable way thanks to the many visualisations available. This has made presenting findings and reporting to senior management as well as clients very easy. Tableau has been very reliable and has been a one stop solution for all my company's data analytics needs mainly due to the fact that it allows us to combine all our data across various tools and work on them together.

My company heavily relies on Microsoft Excel to initially record and store data so I like the fact that Tableau easily allows you to import spreadsheets from Excel as raw data which can be transformed into great visualisations using Tableau's powerful features. I also like the fact that Tableau allows you to combine data from different sources and work on them together. One feature I find most helpful is report scheduling which updates reports automatically each day. This allows me to automate a repetitive task which I would have had to devote time to doing each day and allows me to easily monitor key metrics.

Puntos en contra:

Tableau can be quite slow when working with larger datasets. Also, although Tableau has great visualisations for data, I feel there needs to be more statistical functionalities to be able to derive better and more in depth insights from data.

Masa T.
Freelancer en Japón
Software informático, Trabajador autónomo
Fuente de la reseña

The de facto tool for all future analytical instrumentation professionals

5 hace 12 meses

Comentarios: It helped me to combine multiple data sets and create easy-to-understand graphs. I used to use Access and Excel to create matrix tables and graphs, but with the sequential conversion to Tableau, I was able to obtain results in about an hour instead of a full day, which dramatically reduced our work time. The result was a dramatic improvement in efficiency. As I was able to drill down and deepen our analysis, I was able to visualize things that I had not been able to express before, and I was able to notice issues that I had missed. The data mart was built at the same time as the introduction of Tableau, and the data sources are now centrally managed, which strengthens governance. Since I can now check the results on a daily basis, which I used to be able to check only on a weekly basis, the speed of the PDCA cycle has increased, and I am now able to challenge various ideas more ambitiously. The ability to visualize data in an easy-to-understand manner has made the task of "communicating" easier.

I used to use Access and Excel to create reports on data aggregation and analysis of the current situation, which changed every day, and I had to repeat the same tasks over and over again each time. However, since I started to use Tableau, the freshness of the most important data has not deteriorated, and I can visually view the data reflecting almost real-time data. The basic operation is not difficult for beginners. The basic operations are easy to get used to, even for beginners, and it is not that difficult to get started. I can organize data that Excel can't handle and put it together in a way that is easy to understand, and I can use the UI to cross-tabulate, graph, and visualize changes in numerical values, making it very convenient to use. Another advantage is that no knowledge of SQL or other programming languages is required to handle the data. Since visualization can be done interactively, which is usually difficult when there is a considerable amount of data, it is easy to make considerations based on the data. Since it is possible to quickly change the chart (change the aggregation unit, change the axis, change the filter, etc.), it is easy to get new insights since it is stress-free to look at the data, consider the results, and change the approach again. Data visualization that involves aggregation is powerful anyway.

Puntos en contra:

I would like to see a more complete set of manuals. Statistical knowledge is not necessary, but some of the expressions on the screen are difficult to interpret, and it takes time to get used to them. The visualization is not intuitive, and when you try to do something a little more elaborate, it has its own quirks, and I think it requires training to make the visualization look the way you want. As for the display format of the graph, you can easily switch the format by selecting from the palette, but it is difficult to find the menu for things like drawing auxiliary lines. Sometimes it takes a long time to load the data, so it would be very helpful if that could be improved. It doesn't depend on the size of the data or the environment of the PC, so I would really like to see this improved. It tends to be very slow due to slow loading of data and loading every time you switch tabs. It is not suitable for advanced analytical simulations such as statistical analysis or predictive modeling. It is only a visualization tool. I would like to see more options for license types and prices. The price hurdle is too high, so please make it easier to introduce.

Thomas R.
Sr Director, Information Services en EE. UU.
Producción audiovisual, 51-200 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

A premium option at a premium price point

4 el año pasado

Comentarios: Overall Tableau is a great BI/Visualization tool where the only limitations are what your team can do with it. The platform itself has every bell and whistle you could want and provides a ton of customization for various use cases.
The challenge arises when moving to the logistical management of the platform, specifically around access, user education and price. While it might be great for individual organizations, our use case of deploying dashboards to hundreds of clients just isn’t what Tableau was built for.
If you have the right use case and team to support it, it’s a fantastic option. But if you’re lacking in those areas (or perhaps want a tool with more automatic BI/AI capabilities), there’s likely a better option for your organization.

There is a reason that Tableau is synonymous with data visualization tools to many people and organizations. It’s a premium product that can do pretty much whatever you want it to. Tableau’s features are limitless and with the proper resources to maintain and deploy it, you’ll rarely identify capabilities that it doesn’t have. It is truly a BI tool that enables your team to overcome any obstacle they face. I specifically enjoyed some of the advanced visualization capabilities of Tableau that more “basic” tools don’t offer. The time series visualizations are easy to configure and are always a crowd favorite. The ability to deploy on-premise or in the cloud means that organizations can configure to their preference. All in all, it is an incredibly powerful tool that leaves very few stones unturned.

Puntos en contra:

The three biggest drawbacks to our organization continuing with Tableau were ease of use, cost scalability and functional scalability. Tableau is not the tool for organizations that lack technical resources. It’s not as “plug and play” as other options on the market and requires significant training of architects to fully take advantage of all its capabilities. Tableau also isn’t the ideal solution if price is an obstacle in your organization. Frankly, it ain’t cheap. Depending on your desired level of investment and the number of users you’ll need, it can run the tab up quickly. Additionally, user management in Tableau itself isn’t an issue, but deployment presents its challenges. Other options on the market are much easier to introduce users to (here’s your login, go to this URL and boom, you’re good to go) whereas Tableau requires more configuration. This is dependent on which Tableau version you utilize, but there are efforts involved in scaling the platform.

Monish K.
Monish K.
senior software engineer en EE. UU.
Software informático, 1.001-5.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Easy to Perform Complex Data Analysis and Visualisation from any type of Datasource

5 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Using Tableau has been a great learning, discovering and analytical experience, the tool has been easy to use and effective

Tableau has a good community support, almost any question that you get has been already answered, Tableau supports any type of datasources, it supports data from a simple spread sheet to any modern time Databases (such as Snowflake , AWS Redshift , psql, mysql etc...) Dataset can also be a query or joining multiple tables etc, which gives us a flexibility to compute required datas in the initial stage itself so that worksheet creation becomes simpler, Tableau has a wide set of functions and operator that can be used for data processing and has verity of visualisation options from a simple table to complex charts, histograms, etc .. We have a option to use live datasource or schedule the data refresh on the extracted datasource to improve the performance of the dashboard, has good verity of filter support using which data can be drilled down slice and diced, supports column level sorting etc .., the dashboard can be created using set of worksheet, worksheets are easy to create with the help of drag and droop support, most of the things here is drag and drop which makes it more easier to use Tableau server maintains all versions of the dashboard, it kind of ensures version control

Puntos en contra:

Tableau desktop application can perform slow when we are dealing with large data set, especially when dragging and dropping KPI's on switching from one worksheet to another, can reduce the development speed, so to avoid this use a small data set for development. When we are using Extracted Datasource the publishing to server and importing to desktop works really slow, since it is transferring the extracted data along with the tableau logic, Editing the alias of table columns are quit tricky not flexible, In filters the Dropdown listing are hard coded strings, it wold have been better if we could us a dimensions or values and and also if it supported chain filtering use of functions like TP90, Average etc , require the data set to be extracted , will not work with live data.

Anthony R.
Senior Analyst en EE. UU.
Petróleo y energía, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Tableau- Comprehensive Business Software with Advanced Reporting and Analysis Tools

5 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Tableau has been a great asset for analyzing various reports and data sets. As a data analyst, I found it to be an invaluable tool for keeping my critical reports organized and easily accessible. I highly recommend Tableau as a business platform for both report designers and users as it provides unmatched flexibility in developing and using data sets in ways that will meet your complex business requirements.

Expansive functionality that allows the user to both manipulate and export data in a wide variety of formats. Export as an image, excel workbook, PDF file, Powerpoint or more. Multiple custom filter options that allow you to sort to the data that is most important to your needs. Easy to navigate through reports and convenient features such as adding favorites that will show up on your dashboard. Clean and professional interface that helps with organization of projects. Sharing reports within your organization is simple and there are restriction features which will allow you to determine who has access to the data sets as you see fit. Software gives information on when data was last refreshed, if the report is in real-time, or when the data is scheduled to refresh again.

Puntos en contra:

Inactivity will cause you to have to refresh the page and remove any applied filters which will require you to wait again for the filtered data to load. This can be a little frustrating especially when pulling very large data sets that take a long time to load before you can pull them and then forgetting to export the data before the page refreshes. However, this is a rare occurrence as the refresh time is pretty generous, at least a couple of hours in my experience. Nevertheless, something to note for improvement in future versions.

Andres Q.
Project manager en México
Producción de alimentos, 10.000+ empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

A very intuitive business intelligence tool

5 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I started using it while I was making my MBA and I was amazed at the easy of use and the possibility to make chart in a very powerful way beyond excel. Later on, when I was asked to do some complex representation of many parameters, Tableau has been the best and easiest option, beyond other 3 options I have tried from major sellers

- Very intuitive way o assemble data, no need for programming or special commands - Easily change data from numeric to alphanumeric - The most common and useful charts are available - Easy to breakdown data into several clusters - I once plotted 6 parameters in a 2 dimensional chart: X, Y, bubble size, color, name, icon - You can build special read-only docs with the functionality to be read by Tableu Reader (as in acrobat reader) - You can customize label, axis, trend and references lines

Puntos en contra:

- Eventually some very specific charts are not there as chord, tornado, tree maps, nodes, gauges, alluvial diagram, dendograms - Even with all the clustering, it lacks statistical analysis as Anova, hypothesis test between two set of data, normal probability plot

Shishir C.
Shishir C.
Senior Business Analyst en India
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 501-1.000 empleados

Excellent tool for Data Visualization with simplicity

5 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I have worked on domains like Telecom and Network where in I have been using Tableau. Its really liked by senior management as it shows each and every bit very clearly to relevant stake holders. For example, Marketing head likes region wise revenue sale dashboard which gives region/sales manager/product wise sale.

There are many features which lot of users would have liked:- 1. Connection to almost all database 2. Many types of Charts can be created including Sankey, Doughnut, Maps etc. 3. Its has the feature of data blending and data extraction 4. Dashboards can be viewed on multiple devices like tablet, mobile and laptops. 5. Its really fast while drilling down or filtering out from any dashboard.

Puntos en contra:

Its a bit expensive tool as compared to other data visualization tools however its a value for money.

Business Intelligence Analyst en EE. UU.
Defensa y espacio, 10.000+ empleados

Tableau Lets You Become Productive in Minutes

5 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Tableau and especially Tableau server has helped our business share data much more efficiently and accurately than the old method of emailing spreadsheets and presentations around. The ability for anyone to manipulate the data and answer their own questions allows analysts to concentrate on the truly difficult and unique problems instead of cranking out a never-ending series of custom reports. Having the data connected to live source or warehoused data means everyone is up to date all the time.

Tableau is exceptionally easy to pick up and be productive, and has the ability to connect to almost any data source you can imagine, including REST APIs (though this is a pretty advanced process). Cross database joins are an amazing feature that allow you to mix data from Excel, Oracle, MySQL and others on a single dashboard. There are a ton of online resources available from Tableau, and the broader user community which help you in the event that you get stuck on a thorny issue. Tableau also supports the Tableau Public desktop software which allows anyone to create and share visualizations for free on the web (though data sources are severely limited with Tableau Public).

Puntos en contra:

Price is an issue, particularly if you're an individual or a small business. Woe be unto you if you're a small business and you'd like to set up a Tableau server. There are some functions which we've all grown accustomed to in Excel which new users will expect to be in Tableau but just aren't--robust Conditional Formatting, for instance. However, in most cases there are workarounds and other ways of accomplishing the same task. While it's easy to become quickly productive, most users will outgrow the easy stuff pretty quickly as they attempt join new data sources, or produce more complicated visualizations.

Griffin B.
Senior Strategic Planning Analyst en EE. UU.
Hostelería, 1.001-5.000 empleados

Tableau Rocks!

5 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Overall, Tableau is a fantastic program for getting automated reports created, published, and off your plate! The visuals are amazing and the subscriptions and alert system are my absolute favorite. The software has its quirks but I've yet to have a problem I couldn't logically program my way around with a little time spent on web forums. Amazing software, very useful, exciting to use!

I love Tableau because, to me, there is almost nothing else out there that does data visualization so quickly and so effectively. I love that you can import almost any kind of data source (I only use SQL or Excel as sources, but there are hundreds of other options). I love that you can then add your own calculated fields, group data into custom buckets, and create parameters which the user can input on the published workbook. I love that you can visualize the data so quickly and in so many ways (with color and shape/size as further attributes). It's like a pivot chart in Excel but so much more agile to use! Finally, I love that you can then build dashboards with these individual reports/worksheets that you create, publish them onto the web, and essentially "set it and forget it," thereby providing your end users with future reporting that is automatic and requires no further work on your end! The real beauty is the creation of alerts and subscriptions, which can email users on a schedule or depending on certain conditions. That's when life really gets exciting--it's like having a full-time robot managing your processes!

Puntos en contra:

I definitely wish Tableau could write back to a database. That would be amazing. I've heard it's in the works, but for now, it's still just on my wish list. I dislike various aspects about Tableau that can make it quite tricky to use. When you publish a data source, you should really publish it first before creating any calculated fields, groups, or parameters. Otherwise, it becomes much more difficult to edit these fields later as you have to re-download the published data source to make your edits to those fields, and then republish your data source, which results in my having to ask IT to re-input the server refresh password to get the data to refresh on a schedule again. This is a tremendous headache. So it's best to create and save new fields at the workbook level, not the data source level. There are also a great many bugs I still run into with Tableau from time to time. Strange behaviors that show me it was created by a human being, as all software is. There is usually a way to figure out a workaround but you have to get creative. Tableau is quirky, for sure. Some actions in the local program work great but don't necessarily translate to the web form. For example, if you create a calculated field that depends on data from two different sources, that works great locally, but it doesn't work well once you publish those data sources to the Tableau Server, because, for some reason, it does not allow the calculation to draw from the separately published data.

Janosch F.
Janosch F.
Human Resources Consultant en Alemania
Internet, 51-200 empleados

The future of Big Data visualisation and processing

5 hace 3 años

Comentarios: It took me some time to understand the scope and approach of Tableau. During this time i was confused and sometimes frustrated as It was hard to get static reports out of tableau. Once however I understood the magic behind it (well actually it wasn't Tableaus fault, but just me being stubborn) a whole new world of analyzing data opened up. A Magnificent, splendid, dynamic and playful way of getting answers from data and a completely new way of thinking questions to ask from my data. If you do not have to create static reports which you want to mail daily to a bunch of people but want to explre the secrets your data holds This is THE tool. Definite recommendation.

Tableau is centered around you as a user asking questions to your data. It is as simple as that and it works in ways not imagined before. Via graphical user antierface and drag and drop you combine aspects of your data and visualize relations. The coolest thing is that Tableau supports you without pushing or distracting. The process is emergent and makes it possible to walk the line from coherence to causality and have fun along the way. The End results look great and can be reformated by a couple of clicks in order to shift perspective or look from a different angle or with a different point of interest towards your findings. Tableu picks you up where you are and you can run it as SAAS or on premise, depending on your preferences. Also the API is simple and powerful, making the integration as a dedicated reporting and statistcs module, or more precise data visualisation playground to your existing product easy and convenient. By doing so you can add tableaus product-versatility, ease of use and beauty to a product and participate from its user friendly and open aproach to data analysis.

Puntos en contra:

The licensing was a bit of a hassle as we started in the early days of tableau. Also Sales were very eager and pretty actively tried to support us. This never was a bad thing, just a bit too much. Also Tableau introduced support for document based databases rather later than earlier so we had a slight wait there. Then again, every time the did include a feature it was just bug free and worked like a charm so this was allright as well. Two things are especially important when evaluating Tableau, from my point of view: The data you whish to process with it must adhere to a minimal standard (or you will have to do a lot of conversion before you can enjoy it within tableau). So older datasources might become somewhat bothersome or at least require a preprocessing step. Most important is that you understand what tableau is for: You will have a great time when dynamically and actively exploring data, even rapidly changing data or real time streams. If you use a tool for creating static reports you waste the potential of this great piece of human engineering and might run into issues.

Margot K.
Margot K.
Data Analyst en EE. UU.
Educación superior, 51-200 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Tableau: all-in-one data visualization and organization software

5 hace 4 años

I have tried many ways to organize my files, especially my data for work. I had tons of trial and errors with different software. I tried Tableau and I have been using it ever since. Tableau lets me store my files and so much more. Tableau allows me to view my data in a way that I wanted it to be shown, organized and sorted. I can access different files using cloud and data warehouses. No other software allows me to merge two different data and viewing them as one except for Tableau. And because my data are to be shared with most of my co-workers, it allows me to do just that. It is amazing how easily everyone in my team can access the files through online and server. Another great thing about Tableau is its availability on iOS, Mac and windows, which increases the ease of my team’s accessibility. My work requires me to review different trends on different topics and with a simple drag and click; I am allowed to review what I need with Tableau. It seems that Tableau is really created for my needs; it is just amazing that this software can be of so much help.

Puntos en contra:

Tableau is great but it really was confusing at first, especially without any help or tutorial, the software had too many functions that it can take time to be able to learn a single task in it. A helpful solution is that Tableau has a help area where frequently faced difficulties can be answered and since many has already been using it, asking for help from others was not that hard. It was not that difficult to learn the functions of Tableau.

Virginia M.
Social/Clinical Research Specialist en EE. UU.
Educación superior, 501-1.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Tableau Desktop is my must-have software. I couldn't do my job without it (nor would I want to)!

5 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Tableau has allowed our office to look at data in new ways. Whether we're using it for data exploration or dissemination, it makes the information easy to understand and use, even for newbies. In the past, we used spreadsheets and PDFs to share data with various constituents, but they were dense and only offered a static view of the data. Now, with interactive dashboards, end-users can not only search for the exact information they need, they can also see how it fits into the big picture. This capability has led people to ask more questions and actually get excited about data and assessment. Tableau allows us to answer those new questions quickly and accurately than before.

I have been using Tableau Desktop for over five years now and I still get excited about it. First, Tableau is so easy to learn and use--the intuitive interface allows even first-time users to create amazing visualizations. Second, Tableau is a time saver. What used to take me weeks now takes days and what used to take days now takes minutes. Third, Tableau is versatile. There are many different chart types available, and with the ability to tweak everything from size to font to color, your imagination is the only limit. Fourth, Tableau is always evolving and improving. With each update, Tableau adds new features and capabilities that continuously make my job easier to perform. The software is capable of connecting with data in many different formats from spreadsheets and SQL to PDF's and spatial files, making it useful for any field or company that works with data. I could go on and on about the benefits of using Tableau, but the best way to understand my enthusiasm is to try the product--it speaks for itself!

Puntos en contra:

Sometimes large data files can take several minutes to load. Tableau allows for the creation of extracts to speed up the process, but the initial upload still takes time. Tableau also does not have an auto-save feature, which has caused me to lose work on several occasions.

Kelli M.
Business Data Analyst en EE. UU.
Seguros, 11-50 empleados

Excellent Product but Poor Support

5 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I've been using the software for about five years and it has been able to provide insight into our data in a way that no other tool has been able to. However, support is terrible for this product and some of the versions are released with a few bugs. We will likely continue to this but it is imperfect.

The software is very powerful tool and excellent visualization tool. It is easy to get started and there is a ton of free training available. The pool of users is great and the community is very helpful to new and existing users.

Puntos en contra:

The support we pay for is almost worthless. We frequently solve the problem ourselves and it is time consuming to submit everything via their helpdesk with nothing to show for it. Providing logs and files and emailing with someone on the west coast outside of normal east coast business hours is frustrating. Tickets get "escalated" to the engineering team and that ends up being code for "we don't know and this won't be fixed by us". Turnover for their sales representatives indicates it isn't a great company to work for either.