Sobre LiquidPlanner

LiquidPlanner brinda a los equipos una mejor forma de planificar y ejecutar el trabajo.

Descubre más sobre LiquidPlanner

We enjoy the user friendly interface. It's easy to add\move tasks and adjust project plans.

Puntos en contra:

It’s hard for me to only see *only* the projects that I own because i’m on at least one task within every project of the department so every project shows up.

Valoraciones de LiquidPlanner

Funcionalidades
Relación calidad-precio
4,0

Probabilidad de recomendación

LiquidPlanner tiene una valoración global de 4,3 estrellas sobre 5 según las 651 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Has utilizado LiquidPlanner?

Filtrar opiniones (651)

Chuck
Chuck
Principal System Engineer en EE. UU.
Biotecnología, 501-1.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Liquid Planner is a Very Effective Tool for Project Planning and Management.

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Our team is fairly small (~50 users across the company) so we do not have dedicated resources to just maintain the information in Liquid Planer. However, Liquid planner is accessible and intuitive so we can have several team members contribute to the maintenance of project schedules as part of their duties. We use Liquid Planner to manage the temporal aspects of project management. The tool is very good for what it is designed to do. There are a rich set of reporting tools that allow for customization to meet our needs. It has done this job for us very well. The support provided has been timely and effective.

The product is well designed so that it is a relatively low bar to learn how to use it effectively. It is easy for team members to interact with the software and to enter the information according to each users project role. When used as intended, the software does an excellent job providing the necessary views into project status. The software definitely lives up to its name as modifying project plans and priorities is easy and the impacts of such changes are essentially instantly available. The numerous but intuitive ways to manage project subtleties such as available time, delays, etc. make it straightforward to create realistic project schedules.

Puntos en contra:

I do not have any specific negatives with respect to Liquid Planner. Like any software of this class, It does take some training and experience to get the most out of it. My best advice is to spend some time to understand how the designers intended the product to be used use it accordingly. LP has a rich set of features and if used properly will contribute positively to project management.

Thomas
Operations Manager en RU
Construcción, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Liquid planner bridges the gap between manufacturing and construction.

5,0 la semana pasada Nuevo

Comentarios: We sit between manufacturing and construction, this system bridges the gap between a resource planner and project management tool. It is the only system we have found that makes intuitive changes to project dates based on changes to resource or changes to projects and assigned personnel.

The software is intuitive combining both resource planning and project management, both systems influencing each other, giving accurate predictions based on real time information and updates.

Puntos en contra:

The Gant chart for individual and the overall project portfolio is very basic cannot be exported as a report. When changing priorities the effect of the change cannot be demonstrated against the previous expected finish dates as the previous dates are lost. It would be good if you could mock run a change of the project priority and the system showed the previous finish dates dates against the new dates, demonstrating the effect the priority change has on the project finish.Sending an email on significant project milestones would be a good feature.

Alternativas consideradas: monday.com

Razones para elegir LiquidPlanner: Monday only predicts in half days task could only be calculated in days. Resources had no effect on finish dates of projects. Finish dates didn't change, the system only flags resource clashes but does not calculate the effect.

Software anterior: monday.com

Razones para cambiar a LiquidPlanner: As stated above

Samuel
Samuel
Product Manager en EE. UU.
Aerolíneas/aviación, 51-200 empleados

Project Management and Not Much Else

3,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: I do like the tool. It's fairly simple to learn. Menu structure and feature overload are intimidating at first, but you get over that (to an extent). iOS app is important to my team - quick reference to projects running is very good to have and many other products like LP don't have a mobile app at all. Overall, it's just not for me and my team. If there are better connections with development tools (Jira, BitBucket, Slack etc.) in the future, we may reconsider.

It's easy to set up hierarchy and control a project using LiquidPlanner. Feature set is very good and there are few gaps. For project planners, it's a great tool because it allows you to assign tasks, add time, and see a Gantt chart in a few clicks.

Puntos en contra:

It's not for me. I'm in Product Management and my team was looking for a tool that will integrate with (or be less friction) with our current development tools. We currently use Atlassian (Jira, BitBucket) products for development and Google Sheets for our sprint management. The cons of LiquidPlanner is that it's a PROJECT tool, not a Product tool. I know LP probably doesn't plan on filling that need for a Product tool but there is a gap in that market and providing integrations with products like Atlassian could allow for LP to expand into a completely new market. All the features are there, just need to engineer some more automated and simplified ways of managing products, rather than large scale projects with LP.

Matthew
Stress Engineer en Canadá
Ingeniería industrial o mecánica, 11-50 empleados

LiquidPlanner Makes Planning Easy

4,0 hace 2 semanas Nuevo

It's so easy to assign tasks to individuals and groups alike. The level of functionality is as much or as little as you want. We can track ballpark revenue vs expenses at a glance, allocate projects based on existing workload.

Puntos en contra:

It's unfortunate that you can't assign fixed labor costs, or add non-labor expenses to tasks and projects. This could allow for more accurate tracking of total billing vs total expenses at a glance without resorting to using additional software. Being able to generate invoices would also be a great benefit that would negate the need for additional software.

Betsy
Business Architect en EE. UU.
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 11-50 empleados

Very Helpful Product

5,0 el mes pasado Nuevo

Comentarios: LiquidPlanner has been very helpful for me to understand everything that my team is working on, help me prioritize their work so it is clear, and also understand when projects will be completed.

I like 2 things most about this software: 1. The top-down scheduling engine2. The ability to use a "package" to pull tasks from different projects and prioritize them amongst themselves for any given week. This helps our resources who work on multiple small projects understand the priority of the tasks against everything they are working on.

Puntos en contra:

Understanding what pushes a resource load color coding to red. Sometimes it's obvious why a resource is overloaded. Other times, not so much.

Kevin
President en EE. UU.
Consultoría de gestión, Trabajador autónomo

LiquidPlanner's Superpowers and its Impact on Your Profits

5,0 hace 3 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: We wanted to increase On time Percentage of our Engineer to Order process to over 90% to get more business, which we did, increasing profits, along with the ability to take on more work and reduce chaos on the manufacturing plant floor. Basically a lever for profit making.

The most basic difference between this software and others is a simple acceptance that task times vary. However, no other tools account for that, which leads to an unseen paradox. If you are estimating a project to be finished by using the average length of each task, then the predicted lead time will always be wrong! LiquidPlanner can be used as part of the Theory of Constraints Critical Chain Project Management process, which I have used to get OTP consistently over 95%.

Puntos en contra:

At this time, Critical Path is not available in the new version but is offered in the Classic version.

Dan
Project Manager en EE. UU.
Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, 51-200 empleados

Best Project Management Tool

5,0 hace 2 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: Liquid Planner affords us to keep up with projects and assures us of ways to work on a project from beginning to end.

The ease of putting everything into LP to the completion of a project is so easy with LP. The flow of work dealing with a project is simplified to the point that the work is effortless.

Puntos en contra:

The only drawback that I witness with LP is the fact that it is designed for huge organizations and we are a small organization. Still small organizations can groom it to fit their specific needs.

Lorna
BUYER en EE. UU.
Ingeniería industrial o mecánica, 51-200 empleados

LiquidPlanner Review

4,0 hace 2 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: the ability to assign tasks to specific employees and have the employee log the time spent on the task.

The ability to track time for projects to give adequate quotes for other projects

Puntos en contra:

The ability to duplicate a template based on the limited number of tasks needed to be duplicated

Abi
Content Creator en Indonesia
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 51-200 empleados

Excellent Predictive Project Management Solution

4,0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

LiquidPlanner assists in supervising the work, measures, behavior and ensures to cover all the bases. LiquidPlanner is very easy to use and it presents augmented progression suppleness, custom templates, and computerization.

Puntos en contra:

The billing pattern of Liquid Planner is weird and needs to change. The search function built inside the tool is very limited in its features as well.

Irina
Media Coordinator en EE. UU.
Marketing y publicidad
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

LP Review 8/5

3,5 hace 7 años

I like that it keeps all my projects together in one spot. I like that I can assign and delegate task right from it.

Puntos en contra:

I don't like that sometimes I miss deadlines because I did not receive a notification for a task. Sometimes I forget to include people by putting the @ sign.

Matthew
Senior Software Engineer en EE. UU.
Biotecnología, 201-500 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

LiquidPlanner Project Management that Works!

5,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: We consolidated a variety of tools (spreadsheets, Microsoft Project, email) into a single project management system used by the entire company. This streamlined our training and minimized our project management overhead. LiquidPlanner did a great job at what it claimed to do - project management.

The product was simple to use. It was easy to for remote access since it is a SAAS. It did a great job keeping track of project tasks. Each task was simple to enter and simple to manage. Task attachments and checklists were nice features that gave additional information to the person doing the task and the project manager.

Puntos en contra:

The software has a specific mentality about project management. If you follow that mentality, the software is amazing. If you decide you know better, it will lead to lots of lost time in trying to gain metrics from LiquidPlanner. Our team was trained on the former, but decided to do it their own way for about 16 months. It was a long hard battle to get our management team to switch to the LP mentality. When they finally did, the tool just worked with minimal effort and overhead. So, more our issue than LPs, but LP could be more flexible.

Alternativas consideradas: Jama Connect y Cognition Cockpit

Razones para elegir LiquidPlanner: SAAS plus SSO features and consolidation of tools.

Software anterior: Microsoft Project y Microsoft Excel

Razones para cambiar a LiquidPlanner: Team input and ease of use.

Gordon W
Gordon W
Digital Project Manager en EE. UU.
Diseño, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Powerful and Flexible Project and Resource Planning, But Falls Short When Applied To Agencies

4,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: This tool is extremely powerful and robust, but like any other tool, the quality of the data which comes out of it is only as good as the data that is put into it. We attempted over the course of 12 mos. to integrate this tool into our small agency (<25 users). While simple to use, the biggest challenge was buy-in from other department captains in using the tool to its full potential.

I was very happy with the ease of use this product provided compared to some of the tools we used previously. It is built in a contemporary look and feel and is easy to navigate and manipulate data points in order to determine trends and better inform decisions. If you have the time and resources to dedicate to making sure the latest project data is always available, that is, due dates, estimated levels of effort remaining and hours logged are all kept up to date in a real-time basis, this tool has the potential to truly provide a wholistic and accurate view of the workload within an organization, along with any potential risks. The way the data are refreshed using the forecasting algorithms is a great feature which allows project managers to shift tasks around to determine how resources are affected.

Puntos en contra:

Despite the name of "Liquid" Planner, there were some decidedly "unliquid" principals in which the software was built upon which power the accuracy and overall value of the product. If more then 25% of these principals are not known or regularly updated, the entire product grinds to a halt and the value it provides is completely lost. It's not a fault of how the product was built. I never encountered a time where the service/software was down or unavailable and each time I reached out to the support team they were courteous and prompt with their response. Overall, I felt frustrated by the amount of data the tool needs (and how that data need to be structured) in order for the tool to be valuable and viable. More often than not, I felt myself and the team responsible for the tool were spending more time administering the tool itself rather than using the information coming out of the tool to better our projects.

katherine
IT Application Director en EE. UU.
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 10.000+ empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Not flexible enough to be an all-in-one project and task management software

4,0 hace 6 meses

Comentarios: I liked LP for a long time but the notes section is awful so there was always a hole and required the use of other tools to manage design and long lists of action items for a task. The refresh on the kanban board has also gotten buggier over time so using it in meetings when you are quickly moving from task to task has been frustrating. I also struggled with limitations around requiring information and adding fields for task/project tracking that meant I had to always use tools outside of LP to communicate with other teams involve in a project, business sponsors and IT leadership. I have moved all of my real tracking into Notion where I have complete control over all of this and it has improved my team's productivity immeasurably! I will likely move completely away from LP in the future because it just is too rigid and inefficient.

I like the conversation that LP forces around how much time something will take and the idea that building out a list of smaller to-do's will help you identify how much time a task will take to complete. I like LP so much more than a traditional project management tool.

Puntos en contra:

There is a lack of flexibility when looking at projects and tasks together. In Notion, I am much more able to plan out task due dates across multiple projects and tasks that are in-flight at the same time. LP does not have enough flexibility to really meet the needs of a small team working on lots of things at the same time. It is too siloed.

Respuesta de LiquidPlanner

hace 6 meses

Katherine Thank you for your candid and thorough feedback. We value customer feedback and incorporate it into our product development. We are so glad that LiquidPlanner helps your team estimate timelines more accurately. Ranged estimation is one of our core product features unique to other project management tools. We are sorry to hear that you are struggling to plan projects across your team's portfolio. Please reach out to me. We believe our team of experts can help your team solve any portfolio management problems. We also wanted to inform you that we completely rebuilt our tool based on feedback like yours last year. We invite you to try out our NEW LiquidPlanner product as we think it will solve the communication challenges you have been experiencing with the Classic product. Reach out to us anytime if you are experiencing problems. We are always here to help make your team as efficient as possible! - Ted Hawksford, CEO

Brandon
Brandon
VP and GM en EE. UU.
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 11-50 empleados

Happy Customer

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: The product itself is great and we rarely need assistance from the LP team to get the most out of the platform. Our reporting and ability to manage multiple projects has greatly improved since implementing LiquidPlanner into our operations.

The ability to dynamically update your entire portfolio based resource availability or task completion helps our small team set the right expectation and understand the impact each project produces across our customer base.

Puntos en contra:

Its built for enterprise integration, so in our industry the lack of integration into our CRM systems was limited.

Alternativas consideradas: Microsoft Project, Basecamp y ConnectWise PSA

Razones para elegir LiquidPlanner: ConnectWise's project management module is not user friendly and lacks any type of coherent portfolio management. When we run 30-50 projects at a time, we need a tool that can easily handle the dynamic nature of that many projects and keep the team on track.

Software anterior: ConnectWise PSA

Razones para cambiar a LiquidPlanner: This platform solved our exact need for our IT project management focused on a FIFO approach.

Lisa
Software Engineer en Alemania
Transporte/transporte en camión/ferrocarril, 501-1.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Feature-rich Project Management Software!

4,0 hace 6 meses

Comentarios: LiquidPlanner provides the best-customized data and special reports. Moreover, you can grant multiple permission letters to more than a hundred people. Additionally, with this premium software, you can record the daily working hours in your project. You can simply administer your activities and sort out them accordingly.

LiquidPlanner works with a 3P strategy. Thus, this software works to plan, predict, and perform which is impeccable. So, it helps in aligning and managing your business in better ways. The LiquidPlanner has a better scheduling network and works by providing the best features for marketing trends. Additionally, you can also enjoy the free accounts here. LiquidPlanner is a highly productive tool. This software provides you with a helpful guide about the format and structure that you should follow for projects. Additionally, LiquidPlanner properly saves all your files and important documents without consuming much space. Thus, it is the better option to choose for storing significant data in one place. You should use the premium version to unlock other features.

Puntos en contra:

The most unwanted feature of this tool is the complex system. Thus, users find it hard to understand and operate the tool. So, there is a need for qualified skills to use its dashboard and further operations. LiquidPlanner only works for the basic features and doesn't provide any tested list opportunities. Additionally, this software doesn't work with the user-friendly mode and thus, at times users find it hard to manage it.

Steven
Steven
Principal en EE. UU.
Marketing y publicidad, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

I am a fan, though our use is just scratching the surface

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Because of the lack of integrations, I have been looking for something to replace Liquid Planner with, and after seeing them, I could not stand to stop using Liquid Planner. I think that alone speaks volumes. I think you would be foolish to not look at their product. And there you have it.

As a web development agency, I can tell you the one feature that has prevented me from using another product, that is their task estimating feature. Why nobody else does this is beyond me (full disclosure: a lot of things are beyond me) :) When setting up a task you can actually estimate the time it will take the same way real people estimate tasks, with a time range. Who in the world ever hits their single estimate time targets all the time? NOBODY. With Liquid Planner you enter a range, 3 - 6 hours, 1-2 hours, etc. THAT IS A LIFESAVER FOR US. Another concept of theirs called "packages" is also brilliant. There you can take tasks and bundle them up into "folders" that make sense to you, so you can look at your projects

Puntos en contra:

The thing that I dislike the most is there are not many integrations with third party time keepers for tasks and billing programs. Harvest would be an example, as would many others. They have their own time tracker, but to use it you ahve to have the app open. Lose internet, forget about it. Working in a car or on the train without internet? Forget about it. Also, their mobile app is not really of much value.

Riel
CTO/CIO en
Ha utilizado el software durante: No especificado
Fuente de la reseña

The best project management tool for teams

5,0 hace 13 años

Comentarios: Through thoughtful design, LiquidPlanner has made a project management application that is a perfect fit for dynamic and collaborative teams. It could replace your current project, task, time management tools and company blog by integrating them all in a natural way. Liquid Planner has a transparent way of making you be mindful of exactly how the team is using its precious time. Our company president pleaded with me to get it set up so that he could use it as a tool to help the partners understand the team's capacity. He wanted a convincing way to show why more projects could not be taken on without an increase in staff. Liquid Planner allowed me to do this within a day. I feel like the Liquid Planner designers traveled into my mind to design the perfect project/task/time manager.

Having used many project management tools over many years, it's hard to not fall in love with LiquidPlanner. It feels like I've traveled to bizarro world where everything goes right. I can now put together comprehensive projects faster than I can plan them in my mind. I've never had this experience (including with Excel). Simply put, I don't feel the interface slowing me down. It feels like all "busy work" has been removed. I never thought I'd have a real-time schedule because of the requirements to maintain it, but LiquidPlanner delivers on this promise. Thank you. I'm embarrassed to say that "what if" scenarios are so easy and fast to do, I've developed stronger intuitive scheduling techniques without understanding exactly why they work. Am I now smarter or dumber? If you are not the type to love the clock-in/out button on each task, you might be the type to get hooked on adding a few notes when you complete each task because your notes are shared in the team's "blog."

Puntos en contra:

Introducing a new company-wide system is always hard, but you you can use Liquid Planner to replace your project management tools, time-tracking tools and company blog so that should help reduce the total number of systems. Currently companies that need a fully-featured document library should stick with what they have. There is an API and the company has been aggressively releasing new features so maybe someday. If you haven't experienced a lot of project management tools, you may not be as passionate about it as I am. Part of it's appeal is that it does what any other project management tool integrated with a company portal can do, but it does it fast and easy enough that it's actually worth using.

Avery
Senior Program Manager en EE. UU.
Juegos de ordenador, 201-500 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Really powerful for project managers, less good for other users

4,0 hace 4 años

Really powerful, the gantt chart overview was really useful while our estimates were kept up to date. Project-focused organization allows us to keep a broad view of a complex project and tagging and export features are able to generate a variety of views of our data in an organized way.

Puntos en contra:

Our executive team and eventually our developers stopped using it. Primary interface of the projects tab was too overwhelming & complex. No way to give teams a link that included the filters down to what they actually care about or give people a link to the exact view & set of filters that I was sharing during screen sharing. Not enough integration with external services (github, perforce, JIRA, bug tracking). Quite expensive. Overwhelming interface meant users didn't update tasks, which meant our data got out of date. Gantt chart stopped being accurate or useful and just got overwhelming. Dashboards could be made for visibility but didn't offer the teams opportunities to modify a limited view. Not easy enough to link to a specific task, or generate a new ticket in the right place with a simple link to a user-speakable identifier like a ticket-based system. Still great for people who are technically minded and want the big picture, not great for people who want a limited view of a subset of the project or are too busy to learn how to use the tool effectively.

Ahmed
Better Home Group en Jordania
Construcción, 1.001-5.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Outstanding innovation in project management, while ensuring best visual representation of updates

5,0 hace 9 meses

Comentarios: LiquidPlanner enabled us to create more exact project plans and executable work plans, allowing us to better track the implementation process and make changes as needed. Its collaboration features and adaptability are outstanding. The software streamlined the team's work schedules and guaranteed that everyone used it and took timely notes, which helped keep the project on track.

LiquidPlanner is easy to use and automates my routines, which saves me time. LiquidPlanner's use of Gantt charts to manage tasks and project progress provides a unique representation of the realities of a project's business, eliminating the need to manually update, recalculating deadlines and completion dates. I was also able to communicate more efficiently and effectively with my team members because I have a list of tasks to complete on a priority basis. Apart from that, it offers task management capabilities to store project documents, tables, and data in one place for all team members, making it easy to have everyone on the same page in terms of conversations and planning, and makes integrations straightforward.

Puntos en contra:

Positives outnumber negatives in LiquidPlanner. It is a low-cost, easy-to-use project management application. The LiquidPlanner user interface is appealing, adaptable, and easy to understand. The notification system is excellent.

Operating Officer en EE. UU.
Dispositivos médicos, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Hard to get over the preconceived notions, but worth it

4,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: I am very much a fan of this software. I think the limitations for how it can help is more around people understanding what it does differently than Project or similar tools than with the tool itself. One of my most recent experiences tells the story well. When we were discussing the pros and cons an individual with a lot of influence was complaining that dates in the tool move if someone is sick and not getting to their tasks. I had a hard time understanding a perspective that a plan with a date should be static regardless of what people do. This tool is about understanding your progress based on what people do, not a static planning tool that people never look at or influence by there actions and therefore allows us to pretend that finish dates don't change regardless of peoples actions or issues that can arise. My overall opinion is the tool is limited more by peoples perspective than anything else and if you want better tracking, predictability, and ability to influence results you need to invest 30% of your time on the tool and 70% of your time getting people to wrap their heads around what this is doing and not what it might replace.

It helps to organize the tasks and get people the right information to work on. It helps to prioritize what needs to happen and forecast how long it takes. It does a great job of managing hand offs within a team. It provides more tools than a typical user will ever need. The deeper you go the more value you can get.

Puntos en contra:

It can be difficult to get people to understand that this is not typical planning software. A more robust tutorial and a better description of what this tool is would help get teams to start faster.

Dave
Director en EE. UU.
Educación superior, 1.001-5.000 empleados

LiquidPlanner review

4,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: We are using LiquidPlanner to capture, track, and manage our department's projects and tasks.

LiquidPlanner allows our teams to track thousands of tasks across hundreds of projects. Features critical to us include the ability to effectively view hundreds of projects, define sub-folders (ie. summary tasks) more than one level deep, and define filter views (to limit on screen content) are critical features.

Puntos en contra:

No ability to create private projects and tasks. No ability to create more than one workspace. No ability to assign or limit personnel access per project (only per your single workspace). The very limited functionality of the mobile application make it effectively useless.

Kristen
Senior Training Associate en EE. UU.
Filantropía, 51-200 empleados
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

LiquidPlanner - expensive, but with PM software, you get what you pay for.

4,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: Over the course of my career I have used a lot of PM software. I have used Project, Jira, Basecamp, Asana, and Trello in addition to LiquidPlanner. Out of all of them, LiquidPlanner is my PM software of choice.

LiquidPlanner is a powerful project management tool. It can be used to track tasks, projects, employee capacity, schedules, deliverables, and hours. I find that the most important and helpful feature of LiquidPlanner is its ability to track employee capacity and move estimated completion dates back if someone is overloaded. This is crucial if you are working in an environment with multiple projects going on at the same time who are obliged to share certain resources (2D artists, programmers, video editors, etc.)

Puntos en contra:

At most I can think of only two cons related to LiquidPlanner 1. Setting up a project in LiquidPlanner is definitely time-consuming. Project managers will need to dedicate several hours to transforming their WBS information to something that works in LP. However, this is just a drain on PMs and not project team members. 2. In some environments it can be difficult to get employees to "buy-in" to LiquidPlanner and consistently update their hours and tasks. It's a behavior change and culture shift that must be encouraged and re-enforced regularly.

Director Enterprise Solutions en EE. UU.
Software informático, 51-200 empleados

Manager's view

4,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: It's a great improvement over our prior way of working, but after a few years we still haven't perfected our system to get exactly what we needed. Ideally, the only manual steps would be timely tracking of work on tasks and revised estimates, but to get our needs met we've needed more manual work.

Prior to Liquid Planner, all of our client projects were in individual Microsoft Project files - which isn't ideal when you have shared resources. Now that we've used LP for a few years, we have much better visibility to work coming down the pike as well as potential conflicts/overbookings. However, the tool is only as good as the team's willingness to use it in a timely and accurate manner.

Puntos en contra:

The nature of our business and projects is much more complicated than what is featured in the sales process. Clients have a role in the process, and delays on their part push out all our deliverables. This is hard to capture/manage in LP without additional manual updates by the project manager. Also, we've had to devise a bit of a workaround workflow to allow us to properly prioritize individual tasks across multiple projects - again, requires some manual management/movement of tasks. When any of the manual work falls by the wayside, the quality of the projections in LP is diminished greatly.

Antoine
Founder en Francia
Internet, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Awesome project management tool with time tracking and more

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: Full PM tool, time tracking, billing.

We've been using Liquid Planner for the last 5 years now and I can say that we are now managing 100% of our projects with it. Building a platform like Potion is a lot of work in product design, marketing, development and customer support but Liquid Planner has been a huge help when it comes to managing our projects. Whether it's dealing with our internal or customer projects, Liquid Planner (my guys call it LP) has been a huge help. We're using only part of the tools provided by LP, such as packages, tasks, attributions, deadlines, time tracking, resource planning and scheduling, but it's already bringing a huge providing us with both flexibility and structure. The help resources are really thorough also and help us get the information we need to use it in an even better way. Finally, and I think it's certainly one of the biggest strength of Liquid Planner, its support team is tremendous. All of our requests are always answered with concise and clear replies that push us forward.

Puntos en contra:

As any PM tool, there is a learning curve and you need to get the team using it in the good way. Thankfully, the help resources are great.

Kerry
Design Engineering Manager en EE. UU.
Fabricación de productos eléctricos/electrónicos, 501-1.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Great but room to improve

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Liquid Planner has helped us be more organized and has helped us manage several projects at once. Being able to see expected project completion dates and expected hours to complete is helpful. Overall I am very pleased with Liquid Planner but wish it was better in the areas I mentioned.

I like sevaral things about Liquid Planner. Here are just a few. I like the project management in general. I like the range of hours for tasks. This helps improve overall project scheduling. I like being able to add custom fields to tasks and projects. I like the ability to do ASAP Tasks.

Puntos en contra:

While great, Liquid Planner is not perfect. I wish the reports and analytics worked a bit more intuitively. There are several things that I have tried to do that I have not been able to figure out. Some I have been able to resolve with customer support. Others I found were things that are not possible. Although Liquid Planner is set up great for tracking time for projects it doesn't work well for projects that are firm fixed priced. Most of the projects we work on here are firm fixed priced. I am aware of the baseline feature, but frankly it just isn't very good, nor are the graphs for tracking to plan. There are a few other things that I'm not remembering at the moment.