15 años ayudando a las empresas españolas
a elegir el mejor software

Sobre athenaOne

Solución de facturación médica y gestión de consultas que ayuda a gestionar reclamaciones, citas, registros de llegada de pacientes, creación de informes y más.

Descubre más sobre athenaOne

Single login to a completely integrated solution: EMR & PM. Great out of the box reporting tools.

Puntos en contra:

This is an additional step that has caused some issues with providers placing cases in the wrong place or not closing them properly.

Valoraciones de athenaOne

3,8
Relación calidad-precio
3,5

Probabilidad de recomendación

athenaOne tiene una valoración global de 3,8 estrellas sobre 5 según las 849 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Has utilizado athenaOne?

Filtrar opiniones (849)

Amy
Fuente de la opinión

We love all things Athena EMR!

4,0 hace 2 años
Los subtítulos en español están disponibles en el reproductor de vídeo
Karissa Faye
Karissa Faye
BSN en EE. UU.
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 5.001-10.000 empleados

easy to use

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I am using it in my work and I have not received any complaint of difficulty or malfunction with payment from the patient and just this week, I have used athenaone as a patient used when I paid my bill from Banner Health. I can truly say it is a very good and recommendable software to use.

It is easy to use, fast and transactions are safe. As of today, I did not encounter any patient that complains when it comes to their billing statements with athenaone software. The statement enters through a link sent via SMS and email, in that way the patients will have choices in whatever mode they want to use to access their medical bill.

Puntos en contra:

The only thing I would suggest for improvement is that once the patient settled the bill, they cannot review back immediately the previous bill posted but from the admin side, if there are any query from the patient, all the details can be accessed and viewed by the health care staff so it is still east to assist the patient.

Deborah
Family Nurse Practitioner en EE. UU.
Salud, bienestar y deporte, Trabajador autónomo

I got my weekends back!

4,0 hace 5 meses

Comentarios: Amazing...I have no plans to change at this time as Athena provides me with the best EHR experience I have had in many years!

Athena saves me so much time in the day to day operations of patient care and office management. So many features have been set up to same time for providers that many of the task are a few clicks! Like prescribing, referrals, encounter plans and faxing directly from the EHR. And so much of the patient check in, appointment reminders, result notification and scheduling is automated which helps as I am one provider practice without staff.

Puntos en contra:

I wish there were more areas of customization to allow for more unique practice set ups as my practice is boutique. There are tons of areas where you can customize but some of the patient facing messaging is hard coded and I would like to see those areas gain more options for customization. Additionally, I would like better communication and prioritization transparency about fixing coding bugs that impact Athena's capabilities.

Joelle
CCMA en EE. UU.
Práctica médica, 51-200 empleados

Perspective from a Medical Assistant

4,0 el mes pasado Nuevo

Comentarios: Overall I have enjoyed my use and time with AthenaHealth. I truly appreciated the in depth knowledge the trainers provided, and the time they spent with us following training to ensure we had all of our bases covered.

As a CCMA I am accessing the EMR before, during and often after each visit. I have done everything from prior auths, RX refills, procedure documentation, clinic check-in, injections documentation, and so much more through Athena. I find that I can easily maneuver, document, update and communicate ia Athena systems. I appreciate the adequate training we received through Athena reps, and enjoy the flow of working in the system with ease and fluidity.

Puntos en contra:

Rarely, the system will not have the correct or specific code or med I am looking for. The database is wide and as a large offering, however, on a rare occasion i have to improvise.

Kristin
Owner/Practitioner
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Disheartening, despite ok start, progressively worse over time (less than 6 mos) and continues

1,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: Marketed as a product for multiple disciplines and specialties, however, does not support occupational therapy services. OTs are told to use PT templates and configurations despite (1) potential conflicts with documentation for reimbursement and (2) being initially told that OTs were a supported discipline.
Account managers are not useful as they refer back to the service center for all issues. It is an endless cycle. Not knowingly, we were not set up properly before launch, and despite repeatedly telling the AM that the system wasn't sufficient for us and that we had to work harder to make it work for us, 7 months later we find that ours is not configured as it should have been. This was discovered after connecting in The community on The resource hub, which is another brush off that The managers refer clients to repeatedly, as well add o-help. There has been no response on this or even consideration of trying to keep a client happy by an account manager.
The system is severely lacking and counterintuitive, and if individuals make suggestions for improvement, they are "voted on" for consideration, even if the suggestions or requests are standard in the industry or required by governing bodies. Many requests and improvements are not made. We truly question is up to date and compliant.
Clients are told to create templates, or modify current (such as a standard facesheet), by coding them independently. Most medical practitioners (1) are not coders and (2) are not paying for a service that requires more time and effort than less. I was actually told by a higher level account manager that the solution could be to hire an outside coding agency to complete this task (vs it being standard in the existing product or have a dedicated person in Athenahealth that assists with coding needs).
The therapist reviews in the hub are not favorable. Individuals considering purchase of system would never know how many years of complaints exist and "make it work" scenarios. Unfortunately, changing EMRs is not simple and quick and is often costly. The billing portion is fair but mistakes are still made with submission requiring extra time in "hold" and delays in reimbursement. AthenaClinicals is just horrible.
There is a definite environment fostered within Athena that is brush off, dodge issues, let clients figure it out, and if they leave "oh well." We are disheartened and infuriated at the same time. If our practice had the same reviews, both public and internally, I would be very ashamed, take a step back,
and wonder where things went wrong, let alone REALLY wrong.
Bottomline: if anyone sees this who is considering Athena, regardless of discipline, go with another service provider. We as existing clients see ALOT in the community feedback on our resource hub. You will be entering something that you will then be prepared to get out of with excess cost.

Practice management reports and features are in abundance if that is your priority. The reminder call system does what it is supposed to. Community section in resource hub lets you know that others are just as frustrated and upset. Most of the customer service reps are very pleasant and helpful when the functionality or configuration is there; of it is sub par and missing, they do apologize.

Puntos en contra:

The clinical documentation product is terrible. Supports physician- based practices vs rehab/OT/PT (though clients can see comments on product for all disciplines). Lack of quality templates that are compliant with regulatory agency requirements. Lack of feedback options. Lack of support. Account managers do not actually help to manage any issues you have with product. Very time consuming to call in for support repeatedly. Athenahealth clearly does not review feedback on community resource hub. Individuals that process Athenafax can be lazy and not process items with documents clearly identified with Athena identifiers/ printing, leaving in review for practice to handle (extra work). Honestly...too many cons to list.

Ben
Pharmacy Tech en EE. UU.

AthenaOne

5,0 hace 3 meses

Comentarios: We really like AthenaOne and are learning new things about it monthly. It is convenient and easy to use once you learn it. There are so many ways that AthenaOne makes everything easier that you almost get spoiled once you learn how to do something the easy way.

I like that AthenaOne is easy to learn and once you can navigate the different fields, you can know everything that you need to know about our patients.

Puntos en contra:

AthenaOne has a lot of different fields and functions that are available. Learning everything there is to know and how they can help with your practice is almost a full-time job.

Taiwo
Physician en EE. UU.

Alternativas consideradas previamente:

Tread Carefully and do not believe the sales rep

3,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: The EMR is ok to work with. I think combining with the RCM has really made the experience terrible. Please do not use their RCM or their billing service, you will lose money, miss deadlines for timely filing. They don't notify the practice if there is a large patient balance so you can't collect on time. They are so slow in updating patient and insurance payments so you don't know on time if your claims are denied early enough to take corrective action. This has been more frustrating. Once I took up the billing myself, life was so much easier. They also said you could downgrade at anytime, well there are stipulations to that, DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT THEY TELL YOU. They say you'll have CSM (customer service manager) to help make sure your billing is going well; well, that's if you ever get one to speak to you. They were supposed to reach out monthly to ensure you are getting all the money due to be paid to you, no one reached out to me. 3 months in, I started wondering so I reached out, then they switched me to someone else who was trying to sell me more products. I would not recommend their billing services or RCM at all. Just get your own biller.

The EMR has good templates, the patient portal is pretty good. Implementation was the worst, they use these people who live in other countries who have the most minimum knowledge so implementing this was as stressful as using their RCUM. I had to ask for someone else because my go-live date was due and this guy could not answer my questions.

Puntos en contra:

The RCM and billing service is the worst. Don't even attempt it.

Dr Nicole
Chief Medical Officer en EE. UU.

Nickels and Dimes!

3,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Some good, but everything is too automated and what's important easily falls through the digital cracks.

Admittedly, the software is easy to use and offers meaningful use suggestions. The five step patient visit is simple to understand. The patient portal is nice, however, the patient facing portion could look more modern. Billing is easy from a practitioner standpoint. It also is starting to integrate with other EMRs so occasionally we can pull labs and imaging from other participating systems.

Puntos en contra:

Setup was arduous to say the least. Also, once claims are submitted, that's another story. I was sold that this software was all-in-one. They LIED. This is NOT the software for a small practice. They act as if I have an army of billing people when they told me that Athena was all I needed! For example, there was functionality that we needed to be aware of to find an important document from medicare. NO ONE told us and this document languished in some digital box. If we were a hundred person organization, I could pay someone to sit and manage the 20 or so boxes where they put communication. As a result, we got kicked off medicare for THREE months until I found out and remedied the cause. I was assigned a 'customer success rep' and had to find out who it was because she never scheduled a call. The previous THREE other reps were no better. They treat small practices like we don't matter. If you have less than 100 employees, FIND ANOTHER EMR. I'm in the market for another.

Teegan
Teegan
Medical Student Intern en EE. UU.
Fuente de la opinión

Some good features, but bad layout

3,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: It served its purpose while I was in school and I think it was chosen because it worked with multiple disciplines, but I never considered it for my own practice after graduation. It was too slow and not customizable enough.

The templates and text shortcuts were probably the best part of this software. The ability to add drop down menus and text boxes to your text shortcuts was extremely helpful for creating templates. The ability to share those shortcuts was also very useful for providing the same template to multiple people. Epocrates, which is the prescription side of Athena was also very nice for looking up drug interactions.

Puntos en contra:

The layout of this software is terrible. Very confusing and it takes a lot of clicking to access any part of the patient’s chart. Not to mention switching between different sections of the chart requires the doctor who click and wait for the new page to load. This would have been much better if Athena used a more standard SOAP format all on one page.

Shalonda
Purchasing Manager en EE. UU.

Integration with AthenaOne

5,0 el mes pasado Nuevo

Quite a few of our clients currently use this system. With out lab being able to integrate their current patient system with our ERM, our clients do not have to worry bout relearning a whole new system or transferring anything.

Puntos en contra:

I do not have any cons about athenaOne at this time.

Angela
Data Steward en EE. UU.
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 201-500 empleados

Athena One review

5,0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Compact and real-time medication history taking serves its purpose in maintaining accurate data records.

Puntos en contra:

So far, all key features work accordingly in accessing necessary records.

Stephen
MD, CMIO en EE. UU.

AthenaHealth meets our needs

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: My previous experience is with a large health organization with a home grown EHR. As I was involved in the design of that system, I was initially worried about moving to a vendor product. Thankfully that design experience helped me in the transition over to Athena and allowed my organization to anticipate and mitigate issues with data conversion and implementation that many organizations struggle with when changing systems. Overall our transition was smooth and resulted in minimal loss of productivity.

Easy to use with an intuitive interface that works well for ambulatory providers Company is responsive to issues and "flow-busters" Near zero downtime Revenue stream up significantly

Puntos en contra:

Athena may not be tailor made to my specialty, but that is a small trade off for up time and interoperability

Dr Beth
Dr en EE. UU.
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 11-50 empleados

Choose Another EMR!!!

1,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Never again and we look forward to changing companies. Our CSM is good and try’s to help but company is too siloed and gets in its own way, as well as never accepts responsibility.

Customer service is terrible. Getting claims processed through them is difficult and even has been delayed - but they take no responsibility for it. Their monthly billing is inconsistent and usually riddled with errors. Staff won’t send our concerns up to higher management to assist / address. “We don’t have anyone who would know the whole account” (ie silo). We look forward to changing EMRs in the next several months.

Puntos en contra:

Customer service / claim scrubbing, customer service center

Cameron
Primary Care Physician en EE. UU.

Worst EHR Imaginable to a Physician

1,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: I am a Family Medicine primary care physician. I have worked w/ my fair share of various EHRs over the years & have to say that, of all the ones I’ve used in the past, Athenahealth is w/o a doubt the absolute worst. To be fair, it does have (some) good things about it as aforementioned above, but those helpful features pale in comparison to the daily struggle that using this system most commonly affords to the provider. Note that the majority of those singing this product’s praises via reviews on this website are administrators who only have to use it for billing & not the doctors actually battling & doing the necessary hard work in the trenches. That should tell you something. And those few doctors who do like it tend to either not be in primary care or, based on their specialty, simply don’t actually have to use & document on it much. But as an individual w/ even the slightest shred of computer programming/coding experience, I can quickly look at this EHR & recognize a system which was initially poorly coded & has since long been neglected by its original developers. Again to reiterate, IT/customer support is entirely absent & derelict in their duties to continually improve on this system. One final piece of food for thought to top it all off is that I was just getting so frustrated w/ this system over time in a sort of Pavlovian conditioned sensitization that I was ultimately forced to resign from my first-time career job as a PCP as a result. So don’t be me.

The organization of certain sections was done pretty well. Easy INR managing. Fairly good growth charts w/ automatically calculated percentages available. Good implementation of external screening questionnaires, meaningful use, etc. Ability to create auto-texts, templates, etc.

Puntos en contra:

Glitchiest product imaginable: text formatting issues, superimposed text transferring to next screen, text failing to scroll to next line causing entire paragraph to look jumbled up, poor copy-paste, small view screens/boxes, stubborn dragging/sorting of ICD diagnosis code boxes, frequent slow-downs, freezes, sudden unpredictable crashes failing to save one’s note work. Severely outdated terminology for certain medical diagnoses making simple common diseases difficult to find in search feature. Abysmal medication refill system. 3, 5, sometimes even 10-15 min. to address 1 refill request (inexcusable). Very difficult to confidently say whether a prescription has actually been filled or not. Medication lists are just a complete trainwreck. ‘Medicare monthly order form’ is not a medication that should EVER need to be reconciled. System shockingly even was able to allow me to prescribe controlled substances under other doctors’ names unwittingly & w/o their consent. Poorly interfaces w/ outside labs, pharmacies, hospitals, other clinics, etc. Does not communicate well w/ others. Requires way too much daily hands-on maintenance work to keep organized, unsustainable for a busier practice. Absolutely ZERO (& I do mean ZERO) helpful customer or IT support. Even had an Athena clinical trainor fly in to seemingly attempt to help, who only sat in the break room & fiddled on their computer the whole week & ultimately proved incapable of providing effective solutions.

Small to medium business EHR Solutions

4,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: Overall, this is a decent solution. We have grown exponentially as a non-profit and it's quite possible that we could have gotten a bigger product like Epic or Allscripts, but Athena fit what we needed at the time and changing it would be... intense. It has ushered our care into the digital age, and I think if you are a small or medium sized business Athena would fit the bill nicely for all of its features and usability.

We use AthenaHealth every day. The portal is easy to use and implement (users simply configure a browser, login). Their help desk is pretty decent. For a small to medium business looking for an Electronic Medical Portal for their staff to use, Athena would make a great alternative to larger options like Epic or Allscripts. It supports proprietary devices (payment processing, or card and check scanning devices) which can be a pain but makes purchasing and insurance scans and patient registration and charting easy overall. Updates seem to be fairly streamlined and well-communicated (happen quite often) and don't seem to impact care unless it's a larger update. Athena has a backup domain (if their site does down) as well as stack updates for troubleshooting down times with different components of the EHR which is VERY helpful.

Puntos en contra:

Most changes are up-voted, which means that they are voted on by other agencies trying to get their changes implemented as most valuable. Things like Billing and Patient Care do not streamline well enough yet together--they work in two separate constructs, so our billing is constantly having to rework the way that they bill to fit the way Athena works with Patient Care. Troubleshooting with our medical assistants can sometimes be complex with Athena, so for more complex issues, the help desk might take you to two or three different folks to solve an issue. The Help Desk has become more complex making it harder to navigate ticketing. It was simpler to put in a ticket prior to the changes.

Robert
Doctor en EE. UU.
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Unhappy user of this least bad EHR

1,0 hace 9 años

It is integrated EMR, Billing and Care Management that does help address PCMH, MU, and other complex Government/Insurer issues. First pass billing and payment process works fairly well and seems efficient when there are no errors (see below). Cost is reasonable for the services provided.

Puntos en contra:

The base code is absolutely awful. This leads to repeated problems with your interface, incompatibilities, and slow response. If you surf employment sites you will find this a recurring theme noted by ex-employees. The product has many features that increase the chance for human error and patient harm, and the company refuses to admit or deal with these issues, in fact compounding basic problems in the years I have used it. This user interface would be unacceptable in the aviation industry. Isn't healthcare supposed to be as safety-driven as aviation? Medication lists are not presented in a user friendly way and don't show the difference between what patient was taking before the visit and what has been changed or started/stopped in a meaningful way during and after the visit. This is one of the most dangerous aspects of this software, but by no means the only patient safety issue. When you get a request for a refill, it takes several clicks and screens to find the med history before you make the refill, encouraging you to skip this vital workflow, and penalizing you for following this standard of care if you do follow the workflow. The support center includes a "community" where you can share your problems and solutions with other users. But it is basically an echo chamber, as the company openly bans anyone who makes repeated negative comments about the product. If you don't agree to their draconian Terms of Use you can't even access this area to get help or learn about the latest updates. My documentation time per patient after the visit is about 10-12 minutes on average. I refuse to boilerplate my documentation - I deliver personalized care. I have tried to get dictation software from the athenahealth partner Dragon which I believe would shorten this to about 1 minute, but 2 months ago I made my first request to Dragon and still have not heard back after 4 additional attempts from within and outside of athenahealth. If you by Dragon direct, you don't get full interoperability, according to athenahealth. Right now I have zero interoperability. Too many clicks. I quote another provider who switched to another EMR locally when I asked why he switched out. Patient Portal does not allow patient to upload a graphic. "Hey Doc, is this a mole I need to worry about?" "Here's what my incision site looks like, is it OK?" "This is the pill the pharmacy gave me, it looks different" and "What the heck is this rash?" are questions you can answer quickly saving patients and you time and effort with other EMR portals. Not athenahealth.

Sheena
Practice Manager

5 Star Review

5,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: Our office went live with Athena Communicator and Collector in September of 2013. We had previously used 2 other billers and schedulers/management systems at that point and I have to say we are all glad that we chose Athena. The customer service department and our implementation team were beyond helpful. We appreciate that Athena is ever changing, and always looking to improve the ease of business and quality of care. As we know, no product is ever perfect, but Athena comes pretty darn close. The team at Athena actively listens to concerns and suggestions from their customers. I have dealt with many companies who "understand your struggle" but can't do anything about it or "are very sorry, but that's just the way it is". Athena, is NOT that type of company. They have interactive message boards that you can talk to other practices having issues and also Athena team members, so together a plan can be created to alleviate the problems you are having. Not to say EVERYTHING can be as perfect as you want it, but there have been enough changes in Athena where the direct action was taken from a concern or complaint that makes us as a customer feels valued and understood. A real testament to Athena should be that we looked at their Clinicals product in 2013, but our provider didn't see enough of what he was looking for to change from our current EMR to Athena Clinicals at that time. However, at the end of 2016 we revisited the idea and did some more demos, the Clinical product has changed so much (in a good way) that we have chosen to switch and are looking at implementation in March of 2017. All of our office staff and our providers feel that Athena is a solid product that helps us streamline our workflows and provide better patient care. We are very excited to embark on our next Athena journey and couldn't be happier with the products and support.

Ease of Use, Rarely any system downtimes or system issues, Receptive customer service and account managers, Transparency you can see everything that has happened and who did it

Puntos en contra:

This product is the most costly that we have used, however, we have definitely made more in revenue by using Athena than not.

Bryan
Doctor en EE. UU.

Its All My Fault

1,0 hace 9 años

Software is web based and accessible from any computer connected to the web. Integrates document handling as well as notes and billing into one package. I reviewed a lot of products over the years and the basic design principle is what I was looking for.

Puntos en contra:

Our experience was simply unfathomable. We were on this product for just less than one year. Training and setup takes 3 months, not unreasonable but also they don't really understand small practices and how to train them. While various types of software are something I'm familiar with, and I found templates easy to make as well as modify, we were misinformed about what we were getting, and many of the bad experiences posted here were also experienced by us. We vetted this product as well as we could. We did a site visit, everyone we talked to was very happy with it. However, about the time we went on the product we understand that we were not alone in what followed, but it took weeks of searching to locate the others. Prior users, who had been happy also reported to us that they were struggling with it now. Another clinic in our town was struggling, one of their staff told me that they "hated it" but they apparently are not willing to speak out openly. We were experienced EMR users, having used more than one product and having 13 years of experience. Vendor training and support staff do not really understand their product, nor can they really help with other than simple questions. If there is a functional problem, you are just out of luck. They are just wasting your time online much of the time. We spent hours on the phone, week after week after week. Months of heavy, unbelievably hard and long days, working 15, 18, 21 hours in a day, and still unable to get encounters done. Over 100K in unsubmitted billings, unable to close the encounters. We kept customizing the workflow, adding encounter plans, adding templates, and the system kept getting slower, and slower, and slower, by the last month we were getting dropped off 20-30 times a day and the system was not responding to us for agonizingly long periods of time. Tech support absent, like the Wizard of Oz behind the curtain, saying everything is functioning well. We had one good month, only one, which deluded us into continuing to try to work with them. Three account representatives in 8 months, none of them did anything but the last one, who actually visited our office and told us we had not been informed of a problem using our OS and Athena, and that we "should have been told." Later, he retracts everything while on the phone with his supervisor saying "I was wrong." My patients repeatedly told me that the patient portal was so slow that they just stopped using it. They blamed our ISP first (we used it from 5 different locations with around 18 different computers), then it was our network, my staff, me, and in the end it was "something wrong with" my equipment but not a problem on their end. Complete and utter denial of a problem with the software. My staff hours rose by a minimum 20-30% on Athena, not decreasing as we expected, my hours nearly doubled, my ARNP quit because she wasn't able to see patients fast enough to actually make an income, she was working 8-12 hours a day to see 8 patients. Staff informed me that misfiling of documents by Athena and their having to refile them was taking 2-3 times longer than if they simply filed them all themselves. This misfiling continued despite our efforts to get it corrected and despite some documents having the actual filing category in large bold print at the top of the page so they wouldn't have to figure it out. We spent unbelievable amounts of time logging in, getting kicked off, getting unresponsive screens, and watching the "Wheel of Time" (apologies to the late Robert Jordan but he and his writing team haven't seen anything like the "Wheel of Time" that we experienced). It could take longer to submit a billing than it actually took to see a brief patient. It could take longer to document a visit for a complex patient than it took to see them. This product could do it, but it was nonfunctional to much of the time. We tried to get to talk directly to the technicians, they would not allow us, we tried to get in contact with the higher management and the people we were working with terminated our contract 11 months in, giving us the required three months notice. Three to four weeks later the system became essentially unresponsive most of the time, we had to either close immediately and declare bankruptcy or go back to our old EMR. We went back and pulled out of the mess. It was to late though, I closed my practice just 10 days ago, after 14 years, I was not able to accumulate enough financial reserve to attempt another transition before ICD 10 goes into effect. In my office, a 14 year old server, lowest cost Dell from 2001, single processor, 2 GB of RAM, handling outgoing faxes, importing incoming faxes from a Brother MFC, all incoming documents, an entire record system, a document handling library service with literally scores of thousands of documents in an electronic filing cabinet, with literally probably hundreds of thousands of pages of documentation, and my entire library of documents from 1998 onward, was able to easily outperform the Athena product. I worked hard to make sure we had a good platform on our end, we had a gigabit network, new cabling, gigabit switches and ethernet cards, SSD's on all our PC's, and more ISP bandwidth than a nearby 90 bed nursing facility has for their TV, PC's, and their staff to use...all for a small 1.4 FTE solo practice with 5 persons using it. It didn't matter, the system was not responsive.

Angelique
Physician/ Owner en EE. UU.
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la opinión

Great reports, poor customer service

3,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: Athena has a great and robust reporting module especially helpful for practices attesting for meaningful use and PCMH, the problem with this is that it is difficult to do on your own and requires a Customer service ticket which takes a long time to get answered. The charting is easy once you get your templates setup. If you do not do this on the front end (during implementation) getting help to do later is impossible and you will need help as it is not very intuitive. Many templates were lost during one of their upgrades without warning so it has been difficult to rebuild them. We have grown and added locations while on Athena and because they are your primary biller if they do not verify all of the credentialing that you send them you cannot bill. This was problematic because you cannot directly talk to the persons doing this there is always a go-between with Athena. I love the EPCS for patients requiring a schedule, as a pediatrician I have quite a few ADHD pts and nice not to worry about assessing where prescriptions really lost! No need for paper. However, with one of their upgrades, I can no longer save medications so must write sig and quantity for every medication each time which is time-consuming. Lastly, the promised billing has failed our practice. The workflow was to be we would not need a biller and get increased revenue with clean claims. We see a large Medicaid population and were not told that they had virtually no experience with that and even going to them with specifics as to the problem it would still take upwards a month to fix. Not only have we not gotten rid of our biller but increased his time as many Medicaid claims he submits thru the portal yet Athena charges us for this. The account managers are unavailable in meetings vacations or no longer with the company.
Pros: Reporting, Easy charting once template is created, EPCS, Integration of charges to the superbill
Cons: Customer support, E-prescribing, Not reasonable expectation to not need a biller, Overpriced, not a good fit if you are a practice that adds services, providers, or locations, must use their bank to receive payments and then it takes 1-2 days to get transferred to your business account

Luis
Physician en EE. UU.
Práctica médica, 201-500 empleados

The Best EHR, but can be even better

4,0 hace 6 años

- SO easy to use - Has excellent and easily accessible customer support - Has a system to "vote" for new ideas and improvements from users - Maximizes workflow and efficiency - Allows for fair amount of customization for organizational needs

Puntos en contra:

While Athena as an organization has a platform to vote on and suggest ideas, they seem less interested in improving the product that they have and more interested in moving forward as the EHR of the future. While I appreciate their aspirations, as a user, I think it would behove them to take a pause and a deep listen to what the users are asking for to improve upon what they already have. The product they have is great, but there are small glitches and ways in which it could be even more smooth and seamless and maximize profit for the users. A great example is that they don't have a well developed way of interlinking CPT2 codes to the necessary places. All this has to be done manually by the users and it is a very clunky and time consuming process. CPT2 codes are the way of the future where insurance companies will be utilizing them to quantify quality. If Athena continues to ignore this gaping lack of service, they will lose clients to other programs (i.e. Epic) which have integrated this process more fully. Athena could benefit from not just listening but acting on what FQHCs have been telling them for years as ultimately this will put them ahead of the game and prepare them for the future of medicine.

Molly
Clinician

I LOVE IT!

5,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: We've been using Athenahealth since 10/2010. The first year of transition took some preparation each evening before seeing the next day of patients BUT entering the notes was my pre-visit preparation and I really got to know my patients! We designed our templates, I write and use templated notes for results - my patients get their results within hours after I receive them, and their PCP gets a copy of my note after each visit. No more calls/postage - and I have documentation that our patient opened my note and received her result!
Patients appreciate our getting things "right" and enjoy have access to their chart through the portal. Since 10/11, I walk out of the office 5 minutes after my last patient leaves; all the bills are dropped as patients leave. I do about 15-20 minutes of online charting and calling on days I'm not in the office - from the airport, on vacation, etc. Minor issues are handled by email. The last of our paper charts is scheduled for shredding soon!

It is designed for me. Information is at my fingertips and I can personalize each visit just as I did with paper. No filing, no searching. Very helpful have Epocrates built into the Rx field. I've never had an issue with support not addressing my issue.

Puntos en contra:

If you don't type, you won't appreciate any EMR - I take advantage of HPI, notes and Assessment fields to write/type the same note I would write in the past. (Now it's legible.) Miss having Up To Date coordinated with the chart. The system has been "out" only once in our experience - fortunately, Athena was very responsive and we were running again before we found pen/paper.

Brook
orthopedic surgeon en EE. UU.

Very dissappointed

2,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Poor. what else can i say? If you had a question, you were routed to someone in pakistan who knew little to nothing about your billing but would read a paragraph they were given to tell you. It was silly.
Seriously, most of you know all billing companies kinda suck. But this is one of the worst. Athena was the main reason I closed by private practice. I considered switching billing companies, but I just got tire of dealing with it. Take my advice, DO NOT use AthenaOne for billing. The EMR portion is soso, middle of the road. Billing portion is 3 thumbs down.

not what it was advertised to be. was also told that data migration would be seamless if i left; turns out I cant migrate anything. "termination team" still has not been assigned despite notice given to leave 3mo ago

Puntos en contra:

Athena did a good job on selling me that all billing would be handled and I would need to put very little effort into this aspect. It couldnt have been further from the truth. In actuality, I needed to hire a full time biller to review the deficiencies created by Athena. The billing process is not run by billers, it is run by a software program. charges sat in a "bucket" until the charges were no longer valid due to untimely billing. I lost out on so much billing its sickening.

Jennifer
Scheduling Manager/Check-out/VF Tech
Práctica médica, 11-50 empleados

Frustrating!

2,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: I started working w/Athena in Aug 2016. Since then our Admin has been advising me to call or web chat, search online & use the search features Athena has to offer. I have NEVER gotten a question resolved by calling. I end up walking the "helper" through the features & page. This was very upsetting. I've been put on hold for 20 minutes at a time while an "advisor" looks up a solution in their manual. As a result, I hung up in frustration. I then received an e-mail confirming my problem had been resolved. What a joke! That seems like it is just to appease the numbers needed. There are no training manuals, no courses to take & definitely nobody to teach a person how to use this program. A rep. who no longer works for Athena set us up years ago. This is not geared towards a specific practice, which is even more frustrating. Hopefully, you can respect the time I took to write this review & improve your program. It would be great to receive training as well, or at least an instruction manual.

billing features are simple; insurance program automatically runs insurances to see if they are active

Puntos en contra:

I've been in Ophthalmology for over 15 years. As a scheduling manager, the features are not user-friendly, as I have worked with 4 different programs. Look to NextGen for template applications & features. It would be great to implement them to Athena. There are color coded columns, ability to apply templates over templates without taking out exception days, ability to write a VISIBLE book note at the top of the doctor's schedule to alert the schedules, etc. Also, the features include looking a multiple doctors schedules at a time and even ability to view several different books or multiple doctors!

Renee
Office Manager en EE. UU.
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Horrible please look at someone else

1,0 hace 8 años

I like the fact you can Athena fax records but you can only fax 10 pages at a time through it. More than that it said it was to large to Athena fax. I like that it uses a scanner for ID cards and ins cards. Just keeps a pic of it, does not upload info from the cards while scanning

Puntos en contra:

Most everything! Still need a biller! I don't know what really I am paying for with this large % they are taking from me.. We work most claims our self. When they say you have a manager to help, they just refer you to the csc.. Which is the 1800 hotline help. Most times they don't know the answer and 1 question takes 15 min to solve. They always say "let me put u on a 5 min hold while I find an answer" When I need to schedule it is not user friendly. I have to delete an apt to reschedule. Not a good flow. Now about refunding overpayments. The office has to do it! Again! This is the help Athena states.... When a claim develops a credit balance, the OVERPYMT kick code is applied and the claim moves to OVERPAID status. Then I need to review the claim and investigate whether a payer intends to recover the funds and then determine the appropriate response. Refund Takeback Unclaimed payment Clients are responsible for working claims with insurance credit balances (overpayments). This includes contacting the payer, reviewing EOBs, and initiating takebacks or refunds. There is no support at all!!! Everyone points the finger. Manager says call csc.. And csc cannot get answers. We did not get paid for 3 months when we started back in December 2015. And once I can actually get money and fill my savings again for my business I will be finding a new Emr! The worst financial decision I ever had was going w Athena and believing they are good with billing. Once you start with Athena you feel trapped because you have to stick it out or you could go bankrupt. I will be glad to talk to anyone wanting to go with Athena and tell you about all my documented problems.

Elaine
Practice Manager

So easy to use

5,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: We have used Athena for almost 5 years and it has helped us to run our practice so much more smoothly. The system works so well from scheduling to check out for each patient. When scheduling and entering insurance, a practice can immediately see if the insurance is valid (we barely remember those annoying calls to verify insurance), the medical record allows the patient to move through the office smoothly allowing everyone involved to enter the relevant information. In the past, we had problems with insurers which seemed to continually refuse to pay certain claims no matter how many times we corrected them. With Athena's scrubbing of claims they drop and get paid extremely quickly. Some of those "difficult" insurers are now top five payers!! The automated reminder and balance calls have freed up staff to attend to the increased patient flow. We have been so happy with Athena from day one, can't say enough good things about this system!

Reminder calls, insurance validation, eligibility and phone daily report, ticklers that remind patient to schedule an appointment if not done at check out, ease of entering/dropping claims, ability to generate useful and custom reports, day end review allows you to see if any claims need corrections immediately

Puntos en contra:

Streamlined version seems to require more clicks and sometimes the co-pay is not applied to the date it is paid which can be confusing

Beth
MA en EE. UU.
Fuente de la opinión

Idea is cool, but a few glitches..

4,0 hace 8 años

Comentarios: Athenanet is okay, I was able to learn it quickly but I still get frustrated with some things; it's not my preferred EMR system but it's not the worst either; I like that there's Athena-people that help the business but sometimes I think they're lazy and don't follow-up with a lot; if you're going to help, HELP, don't just leave things undone and be like, "oops I tried but not my problem" basically...

I like that the flow of my day is pretty well maintained b/c of athenanet, it's pretty easy to follow since the last big update

Puntos en contra:

There's TOO much info sometimes and is very repetitive; if I could label things myself like we do on our regular computers and not be forced to put things in specific spots. I don't like if I have a case open, you personally have to make sure to check on it otherwise they say basically "if we don't hear from you in 5 days, we assume it's good and close the issue"- why isn't there an alert system when you've responded? AND don't put it in the news/messages b/c NOBODY checks that, it's a waste of space basically and adds additional task of checking for nonsense b/c we communicate already through the chart via the yellow alerts or in a case or in the instant messaging Too many steps/repetitive, once the dr reviews labs, she can put it in our box and then I will call the pt and then once I close it, let it be closed.. why would it go to the Notify box now? I've already notified the pt... Why when we print labs from the exam does it go to staff inbox, clearly we've printed it so now I just waste 5 seconds opening it up just to close out of it....