Azure DevOps Server
Por Microsoft4.5 / 5 63 opiniones
Valoración media63 opiniones
- En general 4.5 / 5
- Facilidad de uso 4 / 5
- Atención al cliente 4 / 5
- Funcionalidades 4.5 / 5
- Relación calidad-precio 4 / 5
Detalles del producto
- Detalles de precios Free for individuals and small teams.
- Versión gratuita Sí
- Prueba gratis Sí
Datos del proveedor
- Fundada en 1975
Sobre Azure DevOps Server
Store and share code, capture and track work, and automate CI processes with these collaboration tools for software development teams.
Funciones de Azure DevOps Server
- Automatización de construcción
- Control de versiones
- Controles o permisos de acceso
- Gestión de repositorios
- Gestión del cambio
- Integración continua
- Revisión de código
- Seguimiento de errores
Las opiniones más útiles de Azure DevOps Server
Publicado el 17/11/2018
Great application to manage the code on branches
We are using Team Foundation Server to maintain the application's development work on different branches like Dev, Demo and Release (production).
It helped a lot during integration task i.e. move change Dev to Demo and then Demo to Release.
By a few clicks we use to move change sets on branches.
As well as we are using its Work Item functionality to track the development progress.
Its a great application and made my every day task very easy without any discrepancy.
We saved a lot of deployment time. Finally i'll say this is very good tool for software companies so go for this.
Puntos a favor:
Team Foundation Server is widely used in our organisation to maintain the application code on different different system branch.
Using this application my team members(local and international co-workers) keeps their branch in sync by just opting the Get Latest Version.
This application also has a role based check in permission. So, un-authorized user can not not check in the script changes on higher systems ( Demo and Production branch).
Using this application its very easy to view the history of changes for a script like when this script last time upgraded and what was the code change.
Its compare functionality is extremely good - we just selects an option Compare With Previous Version or Un modified version and script change appears on screen earlier and current version.
We use to create Shelve Set, Work Item and Change Sets.
By the use of this application Integration task became very easy - just need a Change Set number and then go for merge.
Contras: Sometimes during checkin process it shows un-necessary warnings. As well as Change Set name does not allow some special characters.
Publicado el 22/10/2018
Great tool for project management
Comentarios: Great tool for project management, very useful for product based companies having big products under the portfolio. For smaller teams and companies limit the features for better efficiency.
Puntos a favor:
It helps immensely in every single phase of the software development life cycle starting from inception to release. Few likes are:
1. Task creation and assignment
3. Source control for every single line of code. Version history of each line of code by which one can track what was changed and what was before the change. We can see who are working on the page.
4. Branching: Very useful for product based companies like us where we can have multiple versions of product. TFS helps maintaining multiple branches for multiple versions.
5. Code sharing: Multiple developers can do the coding with sharing mode in TFS.
6. Agile process: TFS streamlines agile process as one can maintain code review checklist, task status tracking, review list & notifications.
7. Shelve: Code shelve is also a great feature of TFS with which code can be shelved and so can be sent to the reviewer without code check-in.
8. Build automation to release
Contras: 1. When multiple users will check out the same code file and do the changes at the same line then code merging will result be an issue. Though this issue won't come if multiple users focus upon different sections of the code. 2. Once TFS is implemented with so many features then it is confusing for the users who required only minimal features.
Publicado el 5/11/2018
Team Foundation Server - Source Code Management, Project Management & Build Automation.
Comentarios: Team Foundation Server is helping us to manage our large and complex product. As complete agile process is supporting by it. we are using automation build & Gated build to keep the code clean and managed. Deployment process is also easy and fully automatic.
Puntos a favor: Team foundation server is a Microsoft product. That provide the source code management with option of TFS Version Control or GIT, Requirement management, project management & lab management provide the complete life cycle as per waterfall and agile software development life cycle. Build automation is also improving as vNEXT build is completely enhanced and are easy to manage and configure. xmal build support is still exist in the new version of TFS. Best feature I like in it is comparing branching and merger is very simple. Shelve is definitely the best feature of Team Foundation server. Deployment and release are easy to manage with the build automation. Gated checkin keep the bug code out of the branch and prevent the branch from error code to get in.
Contras: Team foundation server configuration is very complex. As it need the three tier architecture. Security permission is also complex as you should have the proper knowledge of it otherwise you need to invest your time to get the things fix. Microsoft TFS should also provide the option as GUI to get the Work Item template edit as in old version of TFS you need to edit it on notepad to get the work item modify.
Publicado el 14/4/2019
Expensive but the best solution as an Application Lifecycle management suite for Project management
Comentarios: Value for money but heavy on pockets
Puntos a favor:
1. This is one of the best ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) suites, I have used up to date.
2. Using JIRA, I have come across a lot of bugs in a short span of time, however, using Azure DevOps gives me the premium feel of managing top-notch projects with a pleasant and appealing view.
3. The overall interface is well designed and easy to use. The user experience is also well articulated and planned, keeping in mind the order of priority while managing and planning for projects.
4. It provides support from all categories and can be used by everyone on the team from managers to developers to testers and more.
5. Initially, it is available free of cost for a team of 5 and can be upgraded based on their pricing plans for larger teams.
6. It provides great integrations and support when connected with other tools of its kind and it offers really high-security features, being built by Microsoft.
7. It can easily be integrated with Azure cloud services to utilize cloud resources efficiently.
Contras: This is one of the best ALM suites, personally, it is #1 for me. I have no cons to mention about this apart from the heavy pricing for cloud resources.
Publicado el 12/9/2018
TFS - One stop for entire team
TFS is being used for 7 years in our application as effective way to track the work items to closure and also to report and assign bugs on priority. This gives the team a freedom to track the end to end life cycle of application from requirement gathering to post production support.
In Agile scrum methodology, a tool like this is a must to not to loose track of your team's target closure of delivery dates.
Puntos a favor:
More faster as its designed to run over a WAN and it communicates with the server via web services. Also to get the latest from TFS is efficient as it only gives you what you need and doesn't need to check every file in your solution.
Integration with Visual studio is the main highlight
If one file cannot be checked in, then none of them can be which avoids conflict and further merge issues
The work item subsystem is really good as it has lots of features out of the box and is very extensible. This is the place where you handle work items, bugs etc
Can add custom policies which will ensure only authorized users are expected to view work item/ bugs etc
Initial set up is a daunting task
Recovery is a pain unless you backup the TFS as an image.
No sharing of files.